Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 15, 4:00 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I feel bad for the audience in that theatre; they don't get to experience the real show that's going on

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 15, 4:06 AM
May 2021
The budget of season 2 is even more great than S1 which is very rare. They are adapting this arc so well 🔥
Aug 15, 4:24 AM
Apr 2022
Really good episode
Aug 15, 4:53 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
they having long hypothetical conversations in their heads every instant XD
Aug 15, 6:35 AM

Aug 2022
The more I watch the more I dislike Akane's character. Still enjoying the anime though.
Aug 15, 6:41 AM

Jun 2016
next episode gonna be boring at max speed !!

our homie boy finally show his naive move !!
Aug 15, 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
cant wait til this arc is over so the real story can begin
Aug 15, 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, imagine looking up to someone only to get disappointed like that meeting them. No wonder Akane hates the current Kana.
Aug 15, 7:19 AM
Apr 2021
Amazing episode, akane really shined
Aug 15, 9:24 AM

Jan 2024
Nice episode. Im so scared though of what comes next. Especially if Aqua can act well or gets overwhelmed by his ptsd.
Aug 15, 9:46 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good episode again. Emotional one :3
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 15, 10:12 AM
Jun 2020
I thought season 1 was something special but season 2 is even more beautiful.
Aug 15, 1:23 PM

Mar 2020
What the hell, another kino episode. Well done
Aug 15, 1:37 PM
Jul 2022
akane was so good in this ep
sad trauma held back kana
Aug 15, 1:44 PM
Dec 2023
Holy peak. I teared up while watching this. This is basically like the greatest episode at keeping us at the edge of our seat. This episode proves that the next one will be PHENOMENAL. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Aug 15, 3:24 PM

Aug 2023
peak and dark (their past)...

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Aug 15, 4:28 PM
Aug 2023
If this episode didn’t show people Akane clears Kana, then I don’t know what will. As someone said before an absolute masterclass put on by Akane 👏👏👏💐
Aug 15, 8:22 PM
Nov 2019
Indeed, akane is the best!!!
Aug 15, 9:16 PM
Feb 2015
Akane is such a good rival, hope they can be friend/friendly rival since she supposedly loves Kana and even learning the psychology for her.

Can't wait to see how they bring Kana to the stage spotlight!
jumbosanAug 15, 9:29 PM
Aug 15, 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
I just noticed Ruby is listed as supporting :D ahhahah :D yeah it is kinda right - zero screen time :D Maybe that is why she got own ED song, which is also great and her dancing is great there for an ED.

Anyway Kana acting and ad-libbing was great and her acting whole time was great. I don't see where Akane was good in that monologue when that silly Abiko was so happy about..
As much as I dislike Kana (also hate Abiko) and I like Akane, I must say Kana was way better in first part.

Their past when they were kids.. that meeting.. after so many years Akane learned to understand people like she understood AI, how could she not understand Kana after so many years and even studying for that (sick! I start to notice that Akane is crazy person, trying to kill herself, playing AI for Aqua, obsessed with Kana - and I still like Akane :P) and still hold grudge towards her? It shows she is still immature and/or stupid.

There was repeated animation of others fighting when Kana was talking that she does not need to be the star. They could do a little better with animating Aqua fight.. like he blocked Taiki 4 times in less than 2 seconds.. also why not show Taiki acting? he was supposed to be so badass..they could at least skip OP/ED (which are really great) to put some more scenes of others fighting at least some short 5 seconds when everyone was having own fights.

Thyriad-oPPailovAug 15, 9:29 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 15, 9:56 PM
Jul 2023
Hmm, from the pace of this, it looks like this season would only wrap up this tokyo blade arc and if this were to get a 3rd season it would still not be enough to catch up. Anyway it feels like they didn't animate enough of kana's emotion during her anger scene compared to the manga. Like they did a cheap trick of showing profile only to save time. Akane's scene was beautiful; I was going to be mad if all they did was show glowing eyes and then straight to a cheap fight.
Aug 15, 10:12 PM
Feb 2018
Every frame is a work of art.
Aug 16, 1:20 AM

Feb 2008
This show is really good, I gotta admit. Second part of the episode was insane and captivating.

OP has grown on me, even though I hated it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Aug 16, 4:18 AM
Apr 2024
blueballing once again and i hate flashbacks
Aug 16, 8:26 AM
Jun 2007
Akane vs Arima! Fight on!
Aug 16, 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
The episode was very good, it was amazing, but the next one, my friends, is going to be insane
Aug 16, 12:23 PM

Oct 2021
Huh, so it was Kana who caused Akane to become a genius psychoanalyst? What a twist! At least it would've been if I'd never read the manga.

Despite that, I'm finding every scene much more emotionally impactful here in the anime. I suppose it makes sense given [OnK]'s focus on performing arts, but Doga Kobo have done an outstanding job. There's clearly a lot of effort (and budget) being put into conveying each character's feelings, which will hopefully continue.

Honestly... I never thought I'd enjoy an animated stage play this much, yet another 10/10 episode for me. Also glad I'm finally caught up now to join in on the weekly hype.

P.S. I saw someone describe Kana holding back as her being the acting world's Kenpachi, and that's a pretty hilarious mental image.
Aug 16, 3:34 PM
Apr 2024
Amei esse episódio, principalmente como a Akane conheceu a Kana.
Aug 17, 12:51 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, Kana single-handedly changed Akane's life...

Kana's acting skill turned Akane into walking on the way of actress and her foul mouth turned Akane into a psychologist.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 17, 6:34 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to DJLEGEND
Out of all the episodes of this season, I wasn't all that interested in this one... I mean this episode was supposed to be another solid episode considering the direction and gorgeous visuals. But I think it's more of my OWN personal opinion on the story. TBH I don't find Akane as a character interesting at all, like to me Melt was soo much more interesting. Overall Kana is better than her in terms of writing but that's just my opinion. Who knows, maybe I'm just an Akane hater or a Kana simp. You could interpret it whatever you like, but I'm just not interested in Akane's character or backstory.
@DJLEGEND so real, akane is bland
Aug 17, 6:43 AM
Mar 2024
akane this akane that im so bored
Aug 17, 7:34 AM
Jul 2022
Nah, that moment when it went from Akane's flashback back to the stage and everything cut out had me freezing up like Kusakabe and Panda when Sukuna pulled up in Shibuya and said "I won't allow it."

Aug 17, 8:07 AM

Dec 2023
The quality they are delivering is nothing short of amazing.

The character development for everyone is starting to pay off so I can't wait to see that for Akane, Kana, and Aqua
Aug 17, 12:56 PM
Apr 2024
The episode is spectacular and the best part is the voice acting of Akane and Arima.
Aug 17, 6:23 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As we get deeper into the stage play it's time for the confrontation between Akane and Kanna... or is it?

As they seem to communicate with each other almost telephatically through subtle expressions and movements we are able to witness how disappointed the former was after meeting the latter as her former "idol". Those words (ignoring for a moment that were said from the voice of a child and don't fit them at all) were harsh for a reason and even after understanding them Akane won't back down from her fight and pull a Bakugo to win against the best version of Kanna.

It's now up to Aqua to aid her in the "battlefield" as he finally takes a step into the stage.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 17, 7:12 PM

Dec 2007
First half of the episode: Oh they really are just going to focus on this side character for the whole episode. I wish they'd just stay focused on the main plot.

Second half of the episode: Wow. That was incredible. What was I saying earlier?
Aug 17, 8:53 PM
Aug 2023
Really liked learning more about Akane's motivations and her relationship with Arima.

Also, despite being a "work relationship", Aqua and Akane seem to have a really good partnership going on between them.
Aug 17, 11:31 PM
Mar 2021
This has been amazing so far! I've never heard of a 2.5D play before so I am not sure whether the author thought of and developed the style, but if so, Doga Kobo has truly brought to live a marvelous idea. This has been a spectacle to watch, from the dynamic action shots, to the curved theatre screen and its live picture capabilities. If it's real I hope it's as spectacular as it feels and seems in this anime. :D
Aug 17, 11:58 PM
May 2023
So basically akane is literally copying people all this time to rise where she's today first kana and now ai besides even after studying psychology she never realized how strong her idol kana is from both mentally and emotionally despite her downfall and left behind abandoned she never thought of dying or attempting suicide she rather faced her problems face on so akane you better learn two or three good things from your idol which can help you in your regular life than setting so high standards for your idol who is a human too no actually who akane think she is even after having supporting parents/ people she never thought about them before attempting suicide and now she's acting all disappointing and judgemental towards kana when ironically she's only alive today coz ai is unalive Aqua wouldn't have joined that show if ai was alive so akane wouldn't have got saved, got her reputation restored or got popular by dating Aqua so casted in today's live drama looks like studio is giving special treatment to akane by adding so many fillers/ extras in it? Maybe want to replaced ai with her?
Aug 18, 5:19 AM
Mar 2019
Yeah, drag her out so it'll be epic. The best will always work for the rest.
Aug 18, 9:41 AM
Jun 2021
It's incredible how the direction uses the scenes in their timing and sequence.
Aug 18, 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
It's incredible how the direction uses the scenes in their timing and sequence.
Aug 18, 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Too much time for the flashback really made it feel draggy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 18, 5:59 PM
Jan 2023
Akane is the perfect complete package: talent, beauty, and brains.

She's the best support character waifu in oshi no ko, hands down!
Aug 18, 6:00 PM
Jan 2023
Just got a new haircut 💇
Aug 18, 6:00 PM
Jan 2023
Just got a new haircut 💇
Aug 18, 9:47 PM
Mar 2021
No geral, essa produção continua entregando um acervo consistente de episódios semanalmente. É impressionante como a qualidade da mídia não cai hora nenhuma, mas considerando o lado narrativo, isso não esta muito legal pra mim. Saímos de um arco que falava constantemente sobre as dificuldades na criação de adaptações literárias, que é um assunto raro em animes/mangás pra um arco sobre atuação teatral, isso claramente foi uma decadência pra mim LOL
Mas não quero dizer que o resto é ruim...
Aug 19, 2:55 AM
Aug 2023
Two top tier episodes in a row. If the anime continues like this until the end of the season I might have to give it a 10/10
Aug 19, 3:40 AM
Jan 2023
Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aug 19, 11:00 AM
Apr 2021
i love this anime i havent seen something like this before its nothing regular
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 28

162 by levibigass »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Aug 21

222 by Nikmomo93 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 PM

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

187 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 30, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.