Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 11, 6:53 PM

Apr 2012
This anime somewhat delvs into human and robot relations from the simplest form. It gives us a glimpse of how an interaction could form under some circumstances without a world threatening crisis or super powered top secret weaponry. Just a guy and his 2nd hand appliance learning to grow and navigate through life as a normal couple. I'm disappointed in alot of people here not giving this series a chance.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
It's nowhere near as bad as the ratings would have you believe, hits a little too close to home, I'm guessing.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 11, 7:06 PM
Nov 2023
I’m enjoying it, but not many viewers have time to watch everything like I do. If I had to choose 14 shows a season, 2 a day, this wouldn’t make the cut. I like most anime and most genres so this is a nice relaxing show on a very busy Saturday. But as it really only covers themes that Chobits dealt with in a much more engaging way, I could live without it rather than lose something more original. However, I’m lucky enough to have lots of spare time so I’ll be there to the finish.
Jul 11, 7:19 PM
Oct 2022
true, everyone are just dismissing this show like it's a very bad thing or something. I don't know what's bad about this anime, I'm loving the characters personality and the story quite a lot.
Jul 11, 7:45 PM

Jun 2019
What else is new? Transgressive romance series typically receive this treatment by essentially discriminatory-type folks who don't view any other form of romance or relations between two organisms or entities out of certain established majority forms as legitimate or worthy of being depicted or showcased, even in a work of art and fiction, and in many cases are actively against such depictions as they view them as advancing legitimization of relationships and ways of life, forms of love, expression, etc. which they maintain are wholly illegitimate and fervently wish to see remaining actively proscribed, stigmatized, persecuted, and eradicated.

This applies to age gap romance series, this applies to incestuous romance series, this applies to interspecies romance series (like a human-android pairing, as in the case of Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai), any combination of those, or any other variation or deviation you can imagine from normative, NT majority relations. Those with this mentality consider it somehow a threat for others to have a form of relationship - sexual, romantic, familial and platonic, or any other - that they do not have themselves or desire for themselves, and that extends even to its portrayal in art if it's not portrayed in a manner which encourages its demonization. I find this mentality beyond contempt and there aren't strong enough words in the English language to sufficiently convey my rejection of and opposition to it, but this is definitely a thing as these people exist in spades and have influence.

As far as the specific rating goes of sitting around 6-something, I don't have an actual problem with it in the abstract or in a vacuum, as I don't consider 6 even a "bad" rating. I rate the sizable majority of series I watch 7s and 6s out of 10s and most 6s are series I like decently well enough, but have some problems or remain lacking/having limitations in some way. But relative to the way the collective MAL userbase rates anime generally, compared to everything else on the website, it is a "bad" rating in that sense. Which, again, only in that sense, is unjustified and unfortunate.

Even apart from what I said above though about the particular stigma, reflexive aversion, and built-in prejudice toward series like these and other transgressive romances by large numbers of people, I've noticed as well that a lot of new seasonals coming out, regardless of premise and subject matter, genres, etc., also have ratings hovering above or below the mid-6s if they aren't big name super popular mainstream titles. It's also the case for other series I'm watching:

Tensui no Sakuna-hime currently has a 6.63.
Ramen Akaneko currently has a 6.44.
Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru currently has a 6.59.
Na Nare Hana Nare currently has a 6.79.
Dungeon no Naka no Hito currently has a 6.76.

Etc.

Again, I'm not saying that these are in and of themselves "bad" ratings. In some ways they are technically even higher than the individual rating I might give most of those series or similar series after I watched them through to completion (not Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai though, which will almost certainly receive a higher one from me since this subgenre of stories is my personal favorite). But just bad relative to how much of MAL rates low effort and unimaginative, copy-paste generic schlocky isekai, a lot of battle shounen, and the like. Which is also shocking, but somehow also not.
WatchTillTandavaJul 11, 7:53 PM
Jul 11, 7:50 PM
Jul 2024
I heard people comparing to Violet evergarden and thats suck. I mean i like this kind of story. Its heartwarming and adorable.
Jul 11, 8:42 PM
Nov 2018
I actually like it also. To be honest I thought it was going to be like Masterful Cat or Helpful Fox. Still it has its own charm.
Jul 11, 9:14 PM

Jul 2015
Just like people tend to not care about male mental health and loneliness in real life.
It's actually a cute and wholesome show.

Jul 11, 9:26 PM

Apr 2021
A lot of people are saying a bunch of ridiculous things, but it only makes them look bad.

I have really enjoyed this show and their interactions are cute. So far it has been written well. I will continue watching this show.

[rant]

I really dislike that MAL allows people to rate the entire anime only after 1 episode, it is unfair, that’s why I say it ruins the average rating people see.

I get rating each episode separately, but I think they should change it to, if you watched all the episodes, then you can rate the anime as a whole.

It is a radical change, but at this point, the average rating is unhelpful.

[/rant]
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 11, 10:09 PM
Jun 2021
I found this anime pretty sad. Imagine being so lonely that you marry a Robot Appliance. Like imagine hitting or flirting with a robot gadget!

Now I wouldn't mind if the robot had some kind of personality or if the guy was not depicted this desperate loner who at this point just couldn't talk to the woman outside. See if the premise had something like he has been betrayed by a lot of human women or has been treated really badly by others that he chose to only interact or get close with a robot, then it would have made more sense.

There were a lot of possibilities to make his romance or attraction towards the female robot a little reasonable, however as of now it feels so forced. It's just a tin box with literally no emotions and I guess the point of this show would be where she develops some human feelings but that's not changing the fact that it is so sad to see a man with literally nothing wrong going in his life is going out with a female bot even if it is embarassing for him.

I have never dropped a single show so I will definitely continue with it because it has a lot of potential if the writer adds some drama in it like by adding a human in a love triangle then showing who he would choose among a Human wife or a Robot Wife.
So yeah, cute moments in this anime just don't really help it tbh. It's not mid but it is just sad so far.
Jul 12, 5:56 AM
Apr 2020
It's a bit bland at the moment, I would wait to say for sure until it's finished
Jul 12, 6:48 AM

Sep 2018
Quite underrated. 2nd best romance anime of the season after Gimai Seikatsu + funniest anime of the year alongside Isekai Shikkaku.
Jul 12, 12:20 PM
Apr 2022
I’m really enjoying it so far too. Definitely touches on loneliness and the struggle to connect with others as a ‘normal’ person.
Jul 12, 12:23 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'd rather see it from this point of view instead of this series to be honest. Does It Count If You Lose Your Virginity to an Android? She does not have any emotions which honestly creeps me out in this robot anime. Kind of bland, compared to the one I just mentioned. Cultured series.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 12, 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Azuchi
I'd rather see it from this point of view instead of this series to be honest. Does It Count If You Lose Your Virginity to an Android? She does not have any emotions which honestly creeps me out in this robot anime. Kind of bland, compared to the one I just mentioned. Cultured series.
@Azuchi I think you and @shash_sama18 are both wrong about her not having emotions, it's clear she's written as experiencing love, even if she doesn't fully understand it. I don't see a logical explanation for why a "cooking appliance" would have that level of sophisticated programming, so there's certainly an argument for sentience here.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 12, 12:49 PM
Jun 2021
LostSpectre said:
@Azuchi I think you and @shash_sama18 are both wrong about her not having emotions, it's clear she's written as experiencing love, even if she doesn't fully understand it. I don't see a logical explanation for why a "cooking appliance" would have that level of sophisticated programming, so there's certainly an argument for sentience here.

If there is any kind of development in her emotions then it might be a bit convincing (there will definitely be, we are only 2 episodes in so far after all)
Otherwise I would stand on my point, it's really sad that the mc couldn't get a woman IRL so he chose to "hit" with his cooking robot (don't forget that he was just taking a chance and didn't actually have romantic feelings towards her as shown in ep 1)

The set up was rushed and unconvincing, I would say lazy writing. The whole selling point of this show is Robot Waifu - Mina. This show would be a total failure if she doesn't show any observable growth in this series.
Jul 12, 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to shash_sama18
LostSpectre said:

If there is any kind of development in her emotions then it might be a bit convincing (there will definitely be, we are only 2 episodes in so far after all)
Otherwise I would stand on my point, it's really sad that the mc couldn't get a woman IRL so he chose to "hit" with his cooking robot (don't forget that he was just taking a chance and didn't actually have romantic feelings towards her as shown in ep 1)

The set up was rushed and unconvincing, I would say lazy writing. The whole selling point of this show is Robot Waifu - Mina. This show would be a total failure if she doesn't show any observable growth in this series.
@shash_sama18 Yeah, whether she's sentient or not, there's really no getting around how sad/pathetic the MC is. lol
Jul 12, 2:28 PM
Jun 2021
the show just started and ppl are already rating it what are they basing there rating on 😭
Jul 13, 10:00 AM
Apr 2017
The robot is not sentient. The show just comes off as some shut-in desperate loser imagining his human sized pillow/figurine is a living thing who loves him back.

Also my personal gripe Tezuka had some horrid production for Under Ninja and Fable but doing decent on an anime like this.
tokomataJul 13, 10:48 AM
Jul 13, 10:07 AM
Dec 2019
I feel that the romance is just pretty sad. Takuma started liking her because she is the closest thing to a woman in his lonely, depressed life. There really is no other reason. And that's a pretty sad foundation for a relationship. And the show tries its best to not highlight that but rather be wholesome, which doesn't sit right with me. Though I could assume that he has some weird fetishes and that's why he got into her, because he gets flustered when seeing her metallic parts - which really wouldn't happen otherwise. Though his sister also got flustered when she saw Mina's breasts, so I dunno. If that's a joke the direction certainly failed at presenting it this way.

So yeah, it kinda misses the fundamentals of a romance story. There are others in this vein, like Chobits or Plastic Memories, which make it way more believable why the characters like each other. And not only out of pure desparation on MC-kun's part.
Jul 13, 11:58 AM
Jan 2024
I loved this series and for me this series is the best romance for me this season. Its something new and totally heartwarming, every episode from this anime leaves me with a very huge smile and each episode till now is a masterpiece, also its OP and ED are adorable as well. I think people didn’t even gave it a try maybe they just saw that its a human-robo relationship and rated it low. Those people feel like a total nuisance to me honestly. Anyone shouldn’t hesitate to reconsider their ratings if they liked it and want to re-rate it.
Jul 13, 1:21 PM
Aug 2019
Chobits exists and is better...
Jul 13, 2:26 PM

Jun 2019
TsukiAkari8620 said:

I mean, whether it is or whether it isn't is kind of neither here nor there. Chobits is a series which came out 22 years ago. We get 50 trillion isekai a season, battle shounen running for 20+ years, and every variation of the middle school and high school romcom you can imagine. Hollywood remakes and regurgitates the same ideas and properties constantly without end and everyone else and their mother follows them, with recently even anime starting to remake older series.

I think that enough time has passed in-between and there is enough of a general lack of works featuring and addressing this topic that more can/should be made and appreciated on their own merits and for what they are. It's not like they're competing series airing in the same season or the market is somehow oversaturated with this concept...
Jul 13, 2:48 PM
Apr 2013
Its a bit of a sensitive topic.

The first ep was also a bit rough to watch, ep 2 and 3 were improvements. It's also early on and there's a lot of competition in other anime

It's not quite simple enough that you can just shut your brain off and watch, but its also fairly like, simple, so there's not much, so its in this weird category
Jul 13, 2:56 PM

Dec 2023
thank you for making this post

As each episode goes by I feel more and more this anime should be rated higher, there are some genuinely sweet and funny moments, and the story does actually do some work in building to little pay offs like when Mina said she was glad she wasn't the better model because it meant meeting Takuma.

Show currently sits at 6.5 on MAL and 4.3 on CR....

I enjoy the show a lot so my subjective ratings would be high, but if I am being objective I think 7.5 MAL / 4.7 CR would be an acceptable position for this show, and of course an increased viewership.
Jul 13, 3:43 PM

Jun 2017
It will be pretty wholeshome through all the season, the problem is it picked a horrible season to air and ATRI is going to destroy it in every way possible.
Jul 13, 3:55 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to MomoSinX
It will be pretty wholeshome through all the season, the problem is it picked a horrible season to air and ATRI is going to destroy it in every way possible.
@MomoSinX

I certainly would expect ATRI to be more of a hit / higher rated / bigger trend etc of summer but for me they are 2 very different shows and my hope is they will both find their own valued position in the season.

We always have loads of Isekai coming out and lots of those can be popular in the same season, so 2 x robot should be ok.

Hopefully ATRI and My Wife Has No Emotion can both find their success without one being detrimental to the other.
Jul 13, 3:58 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to WatchTillTandava
TsukiAkari8620 said:

I mean, whether it is or whether it isn't is kind of neither here nor there. Chobits is a series which came out 22 years ago. We get 50 trillion isekai a season, battle shounen running for 20+ years, and every variation of the middle school and high school romcom you can imagine. Hollywood remakes and regurgitates the same ideas and properties constantly without end and everyone else and their mother follows them, with recently even anime starting to remake older series.

I think that enough time has passed in-between and there is enough of a general lack of works featuring and addressing this topic that more can/should be made and appreciated on their own merits and for what they are. It's not like they're competing series airing in the same season or the market is somehow oversaturated with this concept...
@WatchTillTandava Nice answer, I thought the same thing.
Jul 13, 4:07 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to YordaTrico
@MomoSinX

I certainly would expect ATRI to be more of a hit / higher rated / bigger trend etc of summer but for me they are 2 very different shows and my hope is they will both find their own valued position in the season.

We always have loads of Isekai coming out and lots of those can be popular in the same season, so 2 x robot should be ok.

Hopefully ATRI and My Wife Has No Emotion can both find their success without one being detrimental to the other.
@YordaTrico

Fair point, I just think the "battle" here is very niche, while there are always like 5 Isekai each season, so people just got used to that and instantly filter bad ones.

At least both here are doing their own thing with their own setting so it's not just blatant copy paste.
Jul 14, 5:49 AM
Oct 2022
shash_sama18 said:
It's just a tin box with literally no emotions and I guess the point of this show would be where she develops some human feelings

The point of the show is that she, and by extension, robots in general, do have feelings. It's just that they're not the exact same as Human emotions. She loves him for her own reasons, and he loves her for his own. Imagine having an alien wife who insists you're not actually attracted to her because you keep hyper-fixating on her ginormous boobs and perfectly proportioned hips instead of noticing the shape and tautness of her caudal peduncular ridge.

It would be ridiculous of her to insist you have no sense of attraction in general because you don't base it on what she does. But that's what you're doing here. Not only does she have her own emotions, she has her own emotes too! For example: It's subtle for now, but she always tilts her head up more than necessary when she's bragging.

shash_sama18 said:
(don't forget that he was just taking a chance and didn't actually have romantic feelings towards her as shown in ep 1)

He had feelings, though. It's why he tried. He just didn't expect it to go anywhere since she's a robot.

tokomata said:
The robot is not sentient.

She is. Almost all of them are. It's the point of the series.
Jul 14, 6:12 AM

Sep 2016
Already saw stories like that, such as Time of Eve and Hal, they didn't interest me much.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 14, 7:49 AM
Jul 2015
Gave it a try and I think the problem is that they didn't play it out realistically at all. Make the robot look less human or be built for sex/ companionship in the first place. If a robot is built to look human then the expectation is that people are going to try to fuck it. A realistic scenario with this robot is that it is built with that functionality and maybe has settings to turn turn on a family friendly mode for other functions. Have MC give in to his lust and have sex with it then feel guilty and shameful falling into a pattern of rape and guilty as he confounds himself to believe he is in an actual relationship.
There was a Western TV show almost a decade ago called "Humans" that did this but it was more like "Ex Machina" and not well done but one moment where it did get things right was a father "cheating" on his wife with their nanny bot and the teenage son taking the fall for it so his parents wouldn't break up. Unfortunately the only reason I could see robots having the functionality already is because the majority of people use them for sex and like smart phones vs digital camera/ portable media players the combine version is so mass produced that it is more expensive and often worst quality to buy the purpose built device. Meaning human looking robots are only commonplace in a reality where their main purpose is as a sex toy.
Jul 14, 12:19 PM
Apr 2017
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
shash_sama18 said:
It's just a tin box with literally no emotions and I guess the point of this show would be where she develops some human feelings

The point of the show is that she, and by extension, robots in general, do have feelings. It's just that they're not the exact same as Human emotions. She loves him for her own reasons, and he loves her for his own. Imagine having an alien wife who insists you're not actually attracted to her because you keep hyper-fixating on her ginormous boobs and perfectly proportioned hips instead of noticing the shape and tautness of her caudal peduncular ridge.

It would be ridiculous of her to insist you have no sense of attraction in general because you don't base it on what she does. But that's what you're doing here. Not only does she have her own emotions, she has her own emotes too! For example: It's subtle for now, but she always tilts her head up more than necessary when she's bragging.

shash_sama18 said:
(don't forget that he was just taking a chance and didn't actually have romantic feelings towards her as shown in ep 1)

He had feelings, though. It's why he tried. He just didn't expect it to go anywhere since she's a robot.

tokomata said:
The robot is not sentient.

HyperlinkBlocked said:

A kuudere robot is just sentient on paper. It is more believable the MC is having a hallucination
Jul 15, 12:40 AM

May 2022
I shame indeed. Having just watched episode 3 I am growing to really love what they are doing with the characters. There are some interesting plot devices being planted too and so I believe its turning out to be more than just a wholesome comedy. Definitely a 7.5+ show for me.
Jul 15, 8:04 AM

Feb 2021
This was in my plan to watch list and I finally had the chance to watch 2 episodes and it's great so far.

It's not as eye catching as other series but it's wholesome but not overly wholesome which is what makes this so good.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 3:12 PM

Aug 2012
Ive noticed people have been less welcoming with anime lately, a lot of new shows that at least have good animation dont deserve to be ranked so low.
I've stopped really caring about rating for modern anime after seeing Yugioh sevens rating
Jul 16, 4:24 AM

Jan 2014
The problem with the show, isn't that it's good or bad. If anything, the current rating for me, is a perfect rep of the show's standard. As it's neither good or bad, but more it's one of those shows, that while can be enjoyable, but isn't the sort you'd jump to watch, or in a sense, super recommend it to others. So it's no wonder it'll get dismissed by people, some for silly reasons more likely, but others more likely don't have much of an attention span, and want something more 'active' in sense in character reaction, and atmosphere.
Jul 16, 4:34 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to LostSpectre
@shash_sama18 Yeah, whether she's sentient or not, there's really no getting around how sad/pathetic the MC is. lol
@LostSpectre Mm, honestly he creeps me out more than the robot wife. From comedic point of view, I liked his little sister though in episode 3. Looking forward more of her and possible other better characters.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 17, 2:13 PM
Nov 2016
Goddamn this anime is getting lower, is it really that bad? I was planning on watching this if the rating improved to 7.2+ at least but I guess that isn't happening with this anime so I don't even want to bother with it.

Ratings are mostly shit around here but at least MAL is consistent in something, if an anime has a rating below 7 then the anime is bad, I haven't encountered a single anime that I have enjoyed with a rating below 7, all of them are bad.

I will wait till the anime finishes to see if the rating improves, if it doesn't improve then I'm not even going to bother with this anime.
Jul 17, 4:36 PM

Aug 2019
Wait I thought people were overreacting, but what is that score lmao it hasn't been that bad so far. I'm a bit on the fence personally. I didn't like the first episode that much, mostly because of the MC but I liked it enough to keep going. Second episode, I thought it was cute but still not too sure how to feel about it.

Then again a 6 is like okay (at least according to MAL), so idk. That's kind of how I feel about it so far, it's okay. I decided to give it a 7 for now, but depending on how it goes further ahead it may drop to a 6

@xZabuzax To be fair it's really not that bad so far. It's okay imo but I'm surprised the score is that low. Plus I've learned to not trust scores on here like at all and instead just give stuff a fair chance first. They've steered me wrong plenty of times
Jul 17, 4:54 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to YordaTrico
thank you for making this post

As each episode goes by I feel more and more this anime should be rated higher, there are some genuinely sweet and funny moments, and the story does actually do some work in building to little pay offs like when Mina said she was glad she wasn't the better model because it meant meeting Takuma.

Show currently sits at 6.5 on MAL and 4.3 on CR....

I enjoy the show a lot so my subjective ratings would be high, but if I am being objective I think 7.5 MAL / 4.7 CR would be an acceptable position for this show, and of course an increased viewership.
@YordaTrico Is a rating of 4.3 really that bad on CR? I'm pretty sure I've watched shows with a rating lower than that and still got some enjoyment out of them, sometimes more so than shows that are rated higher. I've learned to just ignore ratings at this point. I find them unreliable a lot of the time.

That being said though, I do think the rating is a bit harsh here on MAL. I thought people were overreacting when they said the score is too low, but I was surprised when I saw it was a 6.4. But hey, it's not like there's any changing it. It seems the majority hate this show, even if it does seem harsh. One reviewer here on MAL for example gave the show a 1, which feels like a bit much, but oh well. To each their own I guess. This show is stuck below 7, and if people keep using that rating to decide whether or not to watch it, they probably won't
Jul 17, 5:14 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to Alkimia
@YordaTrico Is a rating of 4.3 really that bad on CR? I'm pretty sure I've watched shows with a rating lower than that and still got some enjoyment out of them, sometimes more so than shows that are rated higher. I've learned to just ignore ratings at this point. I find them unreliable a lot of the time.

That being said though, I do think the rating is a bit harsh here on MAL. I thought people were overreacting when they said the score is too low, but I was surprised when I saw it was a 6.4. But hey, it's not like there's any changing it. It seems the majority hate this show, even if it does seem harsh. One reviewer here on MAL for example gave the show a 1, which feels like a bit much, but oh well. To each their own I guess. This show is stuck below 7, and if people keep using that rating to decide whether or not to watch it, they probably won't
@Alkimia

Yeh maybe I was being a little hyperbolic suggesting that 4.3 on CR is a garbage rating, but it still does seem a bit low for this show vs some other ones I saw rated higher.

I went and looked at that 1 review and honestly that just seems like review bombing to me, I know that term gets thrown around but I just can't see how this show is a 1 in any thread of reality.

I looked at the reviewers MAL and they don't seem to have a very high opinion of robot stories in general, they talk as if they are just a gimmick which is a very subjective stance, I personally love robot stories.

When I started watching anime there were certain genres I knew I would never watch like ecchi....but I don't plan to watch ecchi shows then rate them 1/10 complaining that they turned out to be exactly what I expected....I just won't watch them and in turn I won't be reviewing them.

And you are right - so many people won't bother with this show now after seeing the rating which is a real shame.

Part of me wants to go and leave a 10/10 review to counter that 1, but I don't want to stoop to the same levels, I want to hold off on my rating until I have seen the whole anime.

In the meantime I will keep recommending this show on reddit rec subs if the opportunity arises.
Jul 18, 1:49 AM

Dec 2018
Absolutely agree. Better than Chobits for me and I don't care other people's philosophy about how wrong a relationship between a machine and it's owner. Guys, it's a comedy, okay? You know, where every scene is based on humor. It's the same as when the heroin is a dragon, a vampire, a thousand-year-old god, or what ever...

Anyway the show is funny and Mina is cute, so I'm happy to continue it.
Jul 18, 9:41 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to xZabuzax
Goddamn this anime is getting lower, is it really that bad? I was planning on watching this if the rating improved to 7.2+ at least but I guess that isn't happening with this anime so I don't even want to bother with it.

Ratings are mostly shit around here but at least MAL is consistent in something, if an anime has a rating below 7 then the anime is bad, I haven't encountered a single anime that I have enjoyed with a rating below 7, all of them are bad.

I will wait till the anime finishes to see if the rating improves, if it doesn't improve then I'm not even going to bother with this anime.
@xZabuzax The ratings are useless if the anime hits some kind of controversy. In this case, it's the fact that the robot is basically an appliance. Rather than accept the relationships, the viewers mirror the exact prejudices they face in the story and just dismiss both it, and the show, out of hand.

YordaTrico said:
Part of me wants to go and leave a 10/10 review to counter that 1, but I don't want to stoop to the same levels, I want to hold off on my rating until I have seen the whole anime.

It's probably going to be like Yofukashi no Uta and just end before it gets the chance to adapt the shit parts. SO it's probably going to be quite the nice watch, with a bit of sci-fi philosophy thrown in.

Jul 18, 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
I thought the same about the manga until it became shit.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 18, 1:03 PM

May 2022
Janethan23 said:
This anime somewhat delvs into human and robot relations from the simplest form. It gives us a glimpse of how an interaction could form under some circumstances without a world threatening crisis or super powered top secret weaponry. Just a guy and his 2nd hand appliance learning to grow and navigate through life as a normal couple. I'm disappointed in alot of people here not giving this series a chance.

I’m really enjoying it so far. It makes me think that this can be the norm in the next 25-50 years.
Jul 20, 7:37 AM
Feb 2018
Buckle up, it'll be the new reality doesn't matter you like it or not, romance part not sure, but having s*e robot is actually conceptualized pretty much decades ago.
Jul 22, 3:13 AM
Apr 2013
Im surprised to see that some people on here are still choosing which anime theyre gonna watch based on whether or not that anime's score is over 7...

Lets not forget that an anime's score is based on what OTHER people think of that anime. They may not like the same things you do, meaning that you may end up liking an anime even if other people didnt like it.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that some people will immediately drop an anime the moment they see something they dont like. If they drop the anime after watching one episode (or even part of that episode) and give it a bad rating, other people like you, who only judge an anime based on its score, may skip an anime that you might have liked. Sometimes, the first few episodes of an anime sock real bad but once youre past those episodes, the rest of the anime is incredibly good!

Instead of mindlessly choosing which anime to watch based on its score, I suggest reading the synopsis and then decide whether or not youre gonna add the anime to your "plan to watch" list.
Jul 22, 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
I don't mind human-robot relationships but I do have a problem with this one. Takuma is literally TEACHING Mina to be his wife, sure she's developing feelings for him in the process but that's not enough for me to find it cute.

That being said, who gives a damn about ratings? A niche anime getting a lukewarm reception is to be expected. Stop seeking validation from strangers for your tastes in anime...
Johnny-JayJul 22, 10:34 AM
Jul 22, 9:56 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Johnny-Jay
I don't mind human-robot relationships but I do have a problem with this one. Takuma is literally TEACHING Mina to be his wife, sure she's developing feelings for him in the process but that's not enough for me to find it cute.

That being said, who gives a damn about ratings? A niche anime getting a lukewarm reception is to be expected. Stop seeking validation from strangers for your tastes in anime...
@Johnny-Jay The idea of "developing feelings" is too anthropomorphic. They come pre-packaged as robots with something like love to begin with. What else do you call it when someone's every thought is consumed with you, your wellbeing, and what they can do for you? Mina only has one special trait in this universe, and it's nothing that's come up yet. Other than that, it only makes sense he'd have to teach her: She's a robot, not a Human. And a flawed robot at that. Of course she needs guidance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

25 by RKASHYAP621 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24

50 by swdlvr »»
Aug 30, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17

55 by BonBonToro »»
Aug 27, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6

76 by suyumanda »»
Aug 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29

144 by suyumanda »»
Aug 26, 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.