Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 12:37 PM

Dec 2022
man i got chills watching this talk about a flashy end
Jun 30, 12:40 PM
Jul 2022
AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!!
Jun 30, 12:47 PM
Oct 2019
I mean it was absolute fucking cinema but nothing really happened did it? People in the future who are gonna get to binge this are gonna be hyped as fuck but I don't think waiting for so long is gonna make this as nearly enjoyable as it could've been if they just waited and released it all at once. Or divided it better. Like I think people will pay for the price of 3 movie tickets if they can watch them back to back rather than wait a bunch of months in between. I would rather wait 2 years at a time for good progression with breaks at the right time rather than wait a bit, get a chunk and then wait again. I don't know man. 8 episodes for a season was pretty pointless in my opinion. Take 4 years and release 24 episodes or something rather than this. I mean the fandom would never die right? But I guess it's all about making the most amount of money.
Jun 30, 12:47 PM
Jan 2022
All I have to say is that wow, that cliffhanger got me pretty pissed off, and that explosion scene looked so damn real
Jun 30, 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
What a way to end the season, that was truly amazing.
A pretty slow season as a whole, but I enjoyed it.
Jun 30, 12:52 PM
Sep 2018
best anime episode ever made in animation and storyboard
Jun 30, 12:52 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay they got me with this last episode. It went from fine to good now.
7/10, last episode 10/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 30, 12:54 PM
Oct 2022
That's a strong ending to a season!
Jun 30, 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
Well, this was actually good, credit where it's due. A lot more elaborate than I expected - the fact alone that Muzan doesn't even get the satisfaction takes the crown here with how it's set up, in about every way. Ubuyashiki's VA deserves a special award there, the whole monologue was bone-chilling - though in all fairness that goes to the writing as well in how simple it was linguistically. Still a lot of stuff that's just obviously and rather pointlessly dragging out the runtime though (no, I don't mean the speeches). At least it's pretty, but... yeah.
yellowheartrenJun 30, 1:02 PM
Jun 30, 12:58 PM
Jul 2015
I don't think I've ever seen something so perfect in anime, as that explosion. Good Lord.
Jun 30, 12:59 PM
Sep 2023
Nothing has happened literally all season
Jun 30, 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Whole season of crap just for one very good episode. Could just make it a two, maybe three part OVA and skip all the filler and terrible humour. Hopefully the last movie will be like this episode, not any other in this season.
AntanaruJun 30, 1:03 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 30, 1:03 PM

Dec 2013
Goddamn what an episode, mad respect to Ubiyashiki and his family but it is awful it had to come to that, I loved the design of his wife and daughters, what a cliffhanger an all out war between the Demon Slayer Corps and the demons, I'm not a fan of the theatrical releases but oh well I'm glad for everyone that has a chance to watch them day one without any issues.

Making the final gossip about Rengoku was also a really nice touch.
Jun 30, 1:05 PM
Jun 2024
INCRIVEL MELHOR EPISODIO DE TODOS OS ANIMES MUITO BOM MEUDEUSSSSS
Jun 30, 1:05 PM

May 2015
This has to be one of the worst cliffhanger I ever seen.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 30, 1:08 PM
Mar 2024
Perfect episode.
Jun 30, 1:13 PM
May 2021
This episode was PEAK! HOLY SHIT UFOTABLE YOU ARE THE GOAT. NOW WE CAN IMAGINE HOW NEXT LEVEL INFINITY CASTLE ARC GONNA BE
Jun 30, 1:21 PM
Jun 2021
Fucking sucked dirty donkey ass
Jun 30, 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
What an episode!!!

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Jun 30, 1:24 PM
Mar 2024
Yap this is the best episode currently from the whole show. I can’t wait for the movie trilogy! They better have no budget again.
Jun 30, 1:27 PM
Nov 2021
Episode 8 was pretty exciting!

Question for the community.

I don't know much about anime production and stuff but on MAL the finale of Demon Slayer is a movie trilogy.

Is it the same as Fate heaven's feels? (Average 2 hours per movie)
Or is it a movie split into 3, 1 hour episodes or so?

in other words, does the final arc of Demon Slayer need 3 movies?

thank you!
Jun 30, 1:27 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that was a good cliffhanger. Now the eternal wait for the movies...

lol they brought Rengoku VA in the post credit thing.
Jun 30, 1:28 PM
Apr 2023
the final battle.
Jun 30, 1:31 PM
Oct 2019
Awesome finale, godlike animation, but 4/5 because they can't be allowed to lie so blatantly about its duration. Story ended at 33' (including at least 2' recap).
Jun 30, 1:31 PM
Mar 2024
SHITS CRAZZZZYYYY
Jun 30, 1:33 PM

Apr 2023
Nah loopholes are being exploited here, there is no way this show can be this good without fuckin up the budget, freakin peak man.

Jun 30, 1:34 PM
May 2022
I was expecting ufotable to put everything into the last episode and they did.
Great setting up the final fight and to the movies we go!!
Jun 30, 1:36 PM
Feb 2021
Absolute Cinema! Insane finale, an easy 10/10 ep
Jun 30, 1:38 PM

Nov 2021
I'm speechless. One of the best episodes of Demon Slayer for sure.
Jun 30, 1:39 PM

Mar 2020
Demon Slayer Season 4/Hashira Training Arc is considerably more palatable than Season 3, but its biggest issue that it dragged on for so long. I'd have a more favourable stance if this arc was cut in half and we got 4, maximum 5 episodes. The first and last episode of this season was quite solid, but the rest of it was more of the asinine, obnoxious Demon Slayer that we know and loathe. Zenitsu and Tanjiro screaming to no end, and backstories to characterize more of the Hashiras. At this point, some of the moments are just meme-worthy, especially Muzan's long walk, and the weird cuts and angles they resemble cheesy fan edits.

We're getting a film trilogy, and that means that this series will continue to be milked beyond belief, which is unfortunate, because the upcoming arc doesn't look half bad, but because it's getting milked like this, it'll more than likely kill any semblance of excitement I might otherwise have. Please just end this series as quickly as possible. It really doesn't need to be dragged out like this, but money makes the world go round am I right?

4/10.
Jun 30, 1:41 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to unknowngamer5k
@ZER0PT mf came to advertise and trash talk a show
@unknowngamer5k No. Came to give my opinion on it which happens to be a popular one.
You don't see anyone saying this season was better than the previous ones.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 30, 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
This show is a masterpiece, pure art, what a beauty!!! CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE MOVIES!!
Jun 30, 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
Incredible, infinitesimal cliffhanger. Ubuyashiki's daughters surely got away somehow, surely. Normally that infinite mazedrop would've been enough to wipe them all out but alas, anime logic. Next season, if you can even call them "seasons" anymore, will surely surpass everything thus far.

Trilogy confirmed. Fug.
postblitzJun 30, 1:52 PM
Jun 30, 1:45 PM

Jul 2023
Thought the season was so/so until this episode, but this was an awesome finale, made me elevate the score. Of course I knew there was no way they would end beyond the beginning of the fight inside the fortress, but the episode was overall incredible, from Ubuyashiki's talk with Muzan to his immolation and then everyone ganging up against Muzan only to fall in the fortress. What a damn shame ufotable will adapt the following arc into movies. The wait is gonna be Hell.
I loved Rengoku's apparition in the Taisho secret section at the end. Despite him being gone his legacy is eternal.
Jun 30, 2:03 PM
Oct 2020
The animation never disappoints me.

9/10
Jun 30, 2:05 PM
Apr 2022
The epic tease to an epic final arc. I cannot wait.
Jun 30, 2:05 PM
Oct 2013
I knew it will be a trilogy movies, but I just thought the training arc would be included in them.
The season was average but saved by the last episode, it was peak and the best part of this show is about to start. Can't wait!
7/10
Jun 30, 2:07 PM
Jun 2022
this...This.......THIS!!!!.......
wasss GOD TIERRR!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS THE DEMON SLAYER THAT I KNOW AND LOVE....

After SEASON 2 [Entertainment District Arc] this was the EPISODE that made meee feeel that EXCITEMENT!.. that HYPEEEE!!! which was long gone after SEASON 2 ended...is BACKKK!!!!!
10/10 EPISODE...
Litrally CARRIED THE ENTIRE SEASON tbh🔥

Now The ARC which every single DEMON SLAYER MANGA FAN has been HYPING US ABOUT...

THE INFINITY CASTLE ARC ☠️
and after watching this episode..... i think i know now why☠️

3 Whole Movies dedicated to this ARC...🔥🔥🔥

If This is the LEVEL OF ANIMATIONS now....IMAGINE what UFOTABLE will give us in these 3 MOVIES!

Cant WAIT!!..

Jun 30, 2:07 PM
Apr 2023
bitirdiklerini yerin içine
Jun 30, 2:10 PM

Jun 2017
After a chill and short season, I would have never expected to find one of the best episodes I've ever seen in all this years I have been watching anime.

Ufotable has no rival, best 2D animation studio of all time.
Jun 30, 2:11 PM
Sep 2023
What an amazing animation!!Everything felt so real.
They were so close to Muzan,but now it’s gonna take some time before killing him.
Can't wait anymore for infinite castle🥺
Jun 30, 2:11 PM

Oct 2010
The season was a drag but the last 2 episodes were peak demon slayer. Can't wait for the movies.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Jun 30, 2:13 PM
Nov 2019
The explosion actually seriously hurting Muzan and the jump to the infinity castle both genuinely made my jaw drop.

Jun 30, 2:14 PM

Feb 2019
Did I just actually enjoy a kimetsu episode?? Holy shit I’ve gone soft but I just can’t deny what Ufotable did in those last 15 minutes man. Just as a fan of the medium and appreciator of this art form I have to give credit where it’s due. I had a tingly feeling in my back that rarely happens these days, just an utter sense of aw.

They’ve always been known for blending 3D and 2D seamlessly but they’ve surpassed even their own limits. The final drop into the infinity castle with the everyone landing in their battle zones… I was moved. Mid story aside, this was a spectacle and any animation fan should appreciate this.

So the movie leaks were right.. well considering UFO did the 30 hour heavens feel route in a trilogy they should definitely be able to adapt 7 hours or less of Kimetsu story time(assuming 4 minutes to read a chapter) the biggest thing is how long these damn things will take to release and if the hype will stay going. They did HF and KnK rather quickly so they’ve had precedent for releasing high quality stuff in a short time frame.
Marinate1016Jun 30, 2:18 PM
Jun 30, 2:14 PM
May 2020
At first I was like this is really being drawn out and slow. But as soon as we started getting info on Muzans connection with the Master things started picking up and getting very interesting. Then the aftermath of the explosions was beautiful. The animation, the pure panic, them all rushing in was ahhh!! I got so excited. This episode was a solid 9/10 and I can tell that there will be so much happening next season. Im so excited.
Jun 30, 2:26 PM
Apr 2020
This was genuinely the best episode of Demon Slayer, the build up, it felt like I was watching a short movie. The whole plan of cornering Muzan was amazing. 10/10 episode I’m excited for what comes next.
Jun 30, 2:29 PM
Apr 2024
best episode ever
Jun 30, 2:30 PM
Nov 2022
man why does every character look good bro no one is ugly in this show.

That’s a good thing btw…
Jun 30, 2:45 PM

Jun 2022
The pacing for the show was slow, a 6 or 7/10 but if i could rate the last episode separately an 9/10.
Jun 30, 2:46 PM
Aug 2021
Is the best episode of anime history.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» worst season ever ( 1 2 3 )

Leon888 - Aug 4

115 by Suitedup »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

232 by Matheus050 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

128 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 12, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

163 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 9, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

263 by mbarseru »»
Oct 8, 6:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.