Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 6:19 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Otakudan62
pansz said:
@Otakudan62 I agree with your points, it distorted a lot of 2D when it became 3D and also the story is advancing a lot without showing us, of course they must be insignificant points, but I think there could at least be a time lapse of this and that's what bothers me most. It's just that even though we've advanced a lot in the story, the characters in the game, like the prince and the girl of light, they haven't developed anything, they're the same as in the first episode, it got boring, they've lived together for 1 year and they still have the same reactions?

For some reason, I feel a bit bored seeing this kind of "overpower" plot in otome game stories. Moreover, the lack of character development that was too fast gave me the impression that in fact I only watched the anime it felt like there was something odd. The case is similar to several anime stories that were cut from the original source .but overall so far my latest episode has a rating of 6.5/10 but for the episode with the black dragon it is 5/10 in my opinion.
@Otakudan62 I clearly agree with you, this episode was much lower than the others, the secondary characters are left out of the plot all the time and have no development at all, this is sad
Feb 28, 6:24 PM
Apr 2023
Another country trying to poach Yumiella to their side? I can smell a mistake about to made (but they can be helpful if ever her current country will decide to persecute her in the future).
And yes, Eleanora is the best bud for Yumiella. I actually wish she would end up with a better guy than the crown prince, NGL.
Feb 29, 12:04 PM

May 2015
Yumiella acting like a doting mother is so cute. Would love to see her doting on her own human kid. Would be super cute.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 29, 6:24 PM

May 2015
Yumiella really stole the dragon mount meant for the heroine and gave her two dark blobs to fear! Lol.
Mar 1, 2:38 AM
Apr 2023
Yumiella: better cheer my kid on or im pinching off your shoulder
Patrick: (vol 99) KANBAREE!
Mar 1, 3:02 AM
Sep 2021
Decent episode, In summary "Yumiella hatched a dragon", so she literally becomes even more broken from this.
Mar 2, 3:47 PM

Nov 2012
Sooo... why couldn't Ryu just catch her mid-ait?
Mar 4, 2:53 AM

Jul 2017
Yumiella practically called to a date with Patrick, he just wants to impress her by being a strong man who could stand alongside her. And with a new term, Yumiella holding an egg and calling it her child, what developments did she have during the Spring break?

Jessica Monford, one of Alicia's friends, requests Yumiella for a favour to rid of a dragon residing in her land, which is an event that she didn't expect to land on her. But everything else follows as per the game, and soon they find the dragons, of which they're 2 of them to the fire and wind attributions. And then, comes the egg, which Yumiella has to take care of it until its hatching, giving it magic, day in, day out. But calling it the "cutest" dragon is a stretch, aside from it being strong. Patrick being embarrassed to come to Yumiella's room to see the dragon hatch...and whatever, it feels like having another Yumiella within the midst, which is more hilariousness.

But overnight, Ryu growing big and making a fuss, Yumiella just thinks that it's cute. But in fact, it's dangerous as much as its greeting of eating people's heads is funny to see. In regard to Patrick, Yumiella just doesn't care about him and just wants to fly on Ryu, but that's she's scared on the falling side of things. And flying across the town in pure jarring 3DCG, Yumiella predicts her fall, and Patrick acts the same as her about Ryu.

A spy making contact with Yumiella, what does he want from her?
Mar 4, 11:51 PM

Oct 2017
That's definitely a cute little dragon. Eleanora seems to share the same taste as Yumiella lol. This episode had to some funny moments.
Mar 7, 10:45 PM
Mar 2020
I guess it makes sense that the dragon grows quickly since its main purpose is to be used as a fast travel for the party, so in game it would be ready for immediate use. Also, I think Yumiella's denseness is understandable. We regularly see her fail to grasp how amazing her actions are, and that is because I believe that she is on the spectrum and is quite autistic. Autists can be beneficial to society but have major integration issues because they are "neurodivergent" and are thinking on a different wavelength than the rest of humanity. Though I think she would happily reciprocate Patrick's affections, she believes there is no way in hell he would ever fall for someone like her.
Mar 10, 3:36 PM

Jun 2020
Patrick trying not to lose his mental health
Mar 27, 12:48 PM

Aug 2019
oh god those cgi dragons look horrible

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 5:42 PM

Feb 2015
Disliked. The worst episode so far. The dragon was cringe and I'm starting to dislike the stupid main character.
Jun 29, 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
That dragon look sinister as fuck
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26

96 by zcv45 »»
Jul 24, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12

54 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5

46 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20

58 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6

67 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 12:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.