Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 11:37 PM

Nov 2020
Rarely. I did take one yesterday because I saw some 3D animation glitch where a couple characters phased through each other. I also have a bunch of pictures of DBZ and One Piece panels I find strangely funny.
May 16, 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, I do. And upload those screenshots onto Deviant Art btw...
May 16, 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
I only take screenshots if I need the pictures, like when someone ask about the show and how it looks at, etc. Then I will do so. I don't have the habit of taking screenshot pictures for collection.
May 16, 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
And upload these anime screenshots onto Deviant Art...I wont post the link(s) to it here (for privacy and security reasons)...
May 20, 12:31 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Cammell
I never screenshot anime, but I understand people that do
Cammell said:

Same here as I would rather do image search or watch a clip on YouTube and such if desired or so.
May 20, 12:37 PM
Jun 2021
I screenshot anime, but I understand people that never do
May 20, 12:51 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to DarkShame2
Cammell said:

Same here as I would rather do image search or watch a clip on YouTube and such if desired or so.
@DarkShame2 My problem is just that there never seems to be a screenshot for the exact thing I'm looking for, so often I'm stuck pulling up the personal anime archive, firing up the specific episode, and getting the shot I'm looking for. It's not like anybody has made a gif of Kim Jong-il from a random comedy OVA playing mahjong before me.

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 20, 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
I enjoy the "traditional" screenshots from time to time, but my absolute favourite type would be collecting stitches, which is essentially a screenshot being taken repeatedly and combined as the camera moves via panning shot, dolly, etc.

I usually do/collect them when they're nature-only/nature-focused backgrounds. A good fantasy is an excellent place to gather these particular shots, as many focus on background setting art. I'm amazed at how much more grandoise many shows look and feel when you aren't constrainted to the tv screen aspect ratios (16:9 or 4:3).

Here's some I gathered from last season's Weakest Tamer.

Last and certainly my favourite:
May 20, 4:07 PM

Jul 2014
Used to do it a lot for reaction images I'd use on Twitter and the like, but haven't found many good ones lately. I do have a folder for my favorite manga panels and pages though, it's pretty big and I love collecting more.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
May 20, 4:49 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Yes. Our club has a Discord channel where, among other things, we share our impressions from what we watch, often complemented by screenshots.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 20, 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
I don't. I don't really see any reason why I should do that.
May 20, 5:03 PM

Dec 2020
used to until Crunchyroll made it impossible to screenshot
have you ever tried eating a clock? It's very time consuming.
May 20, 5:20 PM

Nov 2015
Mostly during references to other series, nice scenery, cool eyecatches, or scenes that made me chuckle.

There's also some scenes when a bunch of frames go by rapid-fire so you have to pause ten times every second to catch everything, like this screenshot from an Urusei Yatsura episode in a scene where Ataru is getting his lights knocked out.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
May 20, 5:32 PM

Aug 2016
I take screenshots of whatever Im watching and use them for my profile pic.
:v
May 22, 5:30 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
And upload these anime screenshots onto Deviant Art...I wont post the link(s) to it here (for privacy and security reasons)...
@DesuMaiden I wouldn't mind checking that devian art page, you must be hiding treasure
May 22, 7:40 AM

May 2020
Reply to Serafos
"Do you take screenshots of Anime"

I guess I have to say yes. Lol.

@Serafos Damn son, I wish I could have these many screenshots

I like to take them too on cute anime girls in particular, and I like to collect official arts as well, they're pretty damn cool.

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
May 22, 8:15 AM

Jul 2023
Sometimes I do. But my tablet is 16:10, my phone is 19:9, so they either have black bars (which sucks), or I have to crop them every time. And until I find an app that can detect and delete black bars, I have to do this manually, which also sucks.
May 22, 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, I do. And I upload them onto Deviant Art tbh...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Animes you wish had dubs?

Mattenan - Yesterday

26 by LostSpectre »»
52 seconds ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

73 by LostSpectre »»
7 minutes ago

» Troll the audience episodes

TheBlockernator - 18 minutes ago

1 by kutuya »»
11 minutes ago

» I don't understand why shoujo is so much more shunned than all other demographics. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fario-P - Apr 27, 2023

314 by alshu »»
57 minutes ago

» Are bigger boobs really more of a draw for female characters?

fallout45 - Yesterday

16 by KitsuFrost »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.