Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Mar 13, 2021 9:45 PM
Mar 2021
Overall I would give this anime a 7/10 it was good just not the best I've seen coming from the type of anime. I still enjoyed it though definitely in my top 10
Apr 2, 2021 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah the anime definitely dropped off when Reiko died. So much wasted potential. Even when she did die nothing came from the changes we saw in her. Instead we go to a police raid. I mean that wasn't the worst thing ever, but it did introduce this random idea that the humans are he evil ones polluting the earth. Like bruh? And then somehow all parasite activity across the world comes to a lull? Idk man.

Also feels weird that the final arc came down to Shinichi vs the super parasite. Plus they had to force in the parallel between the garbage toxin killing Gotou and pollution destroying the world.

Then the actual final episode with Migi going to sleep. I mean they came up with a passable excuse but it really doesn't seem necessary. Plus serial killer man coming back to really make sure we don't forget about how Shinichi went through most of the show fighting with his level of humanity. That really didn't seem necessary. Shoulda died in the raid. Shinichi's dad should have at least been featured in this ep.
Apr 2, 2021 3:13 PM

Dec 2020
People bitching about this show are such hypocrites. Giving this 6 while rating stein's gate 10 smh. Both shows had asspull ending just to save lover of mc?

8.5/10(let's not forget awesome ost and awe-some first 20 episodes)
Cheer_LeaderApr 5, 2021 11:53 AM
Apr 5, 2021 12:45 PM
Dec 2017
The whole show was a 6.5 for me, but I gave it a 7. I would want to rate it lower due to its numerous problems, but purely from an enjoyment point of view with binge-watching, it was good. I am pretty certain I would have dropped it or disliked it more if I watched it weekly and had time to think about the series between episodes though.

My problem was, that the whole show was most of the time dumb and pretentious. It lacked any semblance of a coherent power system or any internal consistency. Every single character action, happenings, power-ups, or downs were for the sake of plot convenience, didn't come from established internal system, and it wasn't a character and logic-driven show.

The characters were horribly written generally. The exceptions were Migi, "cool" Shinichi and their interactions, and Tamiya was a well-written and very interesting character. Kana had potential but was killed early for plot convenience.

The story didn't have a clear end goal, it touched a lot of topics (our relationship with other species, and the environment, what does it mean to be human, what is the meaning of one's existence etc.), but very shallowly, and I felt the show doesn't really know what did it want to do.

The characters were constantly acting unrealistic, oblivious to anything or straight-out dumb, and the police were portrayed as jokingly incompetent. Hundreds of people are killed in the vicinity, who gives a fuck? Mass murder in the school, your classmates are ripped apart by an alien? 1 week later everybody is cheerful, and doesn't give a fck. Mass murder in the school again? School reopens, everybody is cheerful. People are disappearing or dying like flies around certain individuals, who gives a fck about guarding or incarcerating them. ​
We are in the 2010s, with cameras everywhere, but nobody knows what's happening for months? These creatures didn't even know wtf is a camera to avoid it for their first days.

Despite its flaws, the first half of the show was very entertaining, and interesting, but started to lose steam and a clear direction in the second half. After Tamiya died the show just went downhill in the last quarter, and I don't even understand what was the purpose of the last arc. It was boring, dumb, didn't add anything to the story or answered anything. Gotou was a horrible antagonist, and didn't fit to the stories' internal laws and power system.

They should have ended with Tamiya's death, and an epilogue, and the police raid (while removing Gotou from the story) should have been before that to a powerful conclusion and outstanding story.

Its philosophy and messages with a few exceptions were pretentious and dumb (except Tamiya's questions about the meaning of their and anyone existence and Shinichi's line on how despising humans and loving the Environment and other species while hating humans is dumb and hypocritical, which is more relevant than ever with the rise of radical and harmful green organizations).

The OST didn't have great variety, but it was still great and I really liked the show's atmosphere (of course when you don't have a story this is pretty important), the art wasn't bad, but I seriously thought I was watching an early 2010 anime, it was closer to welcome to the NHK (which is a far superior show), than to slightly newer shows.

It is a rare show, because I binge-watched it in two days and could really enjoy it without making me angry most of the time, despite having so many problems and flaws, that would cause me to drop or down score the show in most other cases.

This show is still one of the most overrated ones on MAL I have ever seen, and I fail to understand, what more could other people see in this show, when even in this comment section most share a similar or just a slightly more positive opinion about this show, as me.
It isn't something, that I would ever recommend to any of my friends, but it wasn't a waste of time and gave me enjoyment.
Apr 15, 2021 1:28 AM
Dec 2020
Underwhelming ending
May 25, 2021 3:36 PM

Jan 2021
Even in the last episode it was suspenseful this was very good
Jun 16, 2021 2:21 PM

Jun 2019
My 25th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Jun 18, 2021 6:46 PM

Oct 2019
Overall it was a great watch, Madhouse killed it as usual and adapted the manga extremely well. 9/10
Jun 25, 2021 5:29 AM

Apr 2018
Well that was one of an ending, seems like it's the same as in the manga. This was a pretty good anime. A few plotholes but whatever. The rest was really good. Soundtrack, characters, animation were really good. Espically the OST was amazing.
Migi MVP
8/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 30, 2021 1:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
so migi just gets up and leaves for no apparent reason other than it's the finale so they gotta make it feel like a finale I guess.

First third or so, great stuff. Great set up, made me super curious as to see how it would pan out. But then they introduce so many different factors to the story and it just becomes unclear as to where it is wanting to go. It wouldn't have been a problem at all if there was some sort of pay-off to all these moving parts, but as far as I can see, there really wasn't any. Shinchi possibly becoming more parasite than human? Yeah no he's fine. Tamiya Ryouko showing signs of human emotion, being a mother, perhaps introducing a possibility that parasites are more human than they seem? Yeah no it's just there in an attempt to appear deep, because she just lets herself die for some reason and we don't really address it again. Those were some examples that came to mind, but I'm sure there was more than I'm just forgetting about. So many different elements that could've continue to elevate the story but they choose just not to go anywhere with them.

Shinchi does give a monologue here at the end to try and tie everything together, but I think it really was half-assed. "We're two different species! Sometimes we'll use each other, sometimes we'll kill each other, but we will never understand each other." Yeah it's not "people die if they are killed"-level, but I can't help but cringe just a little. And what's with all the parasites apparently and suddenly being able to blend in with humans? Sure it's hinted to have happened eventually, but it didn't happen gradually at all. Shinchi and migi beat goto and then all of a sudden all the parasites wanna just chill all at once, for, reasons.

Man I guess I can't complain about this anime specifically if all it did was follow the manga. But the studio does have the chance to change certain aspects as the obviously do all the time. They could have fixed what I find to be rather poor writing and perhaps create a more cohesive story with a more conclusive ending.

Come to think of the characters, I sadly find them all to be pretty much throwaway characters apart from our main duo. Migi is the best and is the saving grace of this show, obviously, but shinchi while definitely having a lot going for him character wise, at this point I still don't know what his deal is. At one point he's like eren jaeger, wanting to kill all the titans (parasites), and then out of nowhere he's like "yeah we chill I guess." The change is not the problem, it just feels abrupt even though we had 24 episodes to smooth it out. None of this shit feels earned; in MY, HUMBLE, opinion. Maybe I glossed over something important while watching. But from what I personally FEEL, it just isn't, well, good.

Just want to mention the two chicks for a minute. I really don't know what they were trying to do with Kana, who died halfway through or somewhere there. She has the ability to sense parasites but it was never explained. She just has it for some reason, same with that other guy who got a few episodes to be in, the psycho murderer who also can somehow detect parasites. They don't explain how they acquired the ability, and neither do they explain the origins of the parasites themselves. Are they really just aliens, or were the manufactured by man in a lab somewhere? If they're just aliens you don't really have to explain anything, it doesn't REALLY matter where they came from in that case, but if they were man-made, you can't just ignore that! But it's okay the ignore ALL of it because the origin of the parasites is not once ever mentioned or even hinted at. Dangit, got off track a bit, was supposed to talk about Kana. Yeah she ignored shinchi's warnings like three times and then she died because of it. She totally deserved that and I couldn't care less about her and her character writing because she just doesn't fit in with whatever story this anime is trying to tell.

Then we have the on-and-off girlfriend of Shinchi, Murano. She's not a bad PERSON at all. But as a character I just found her annoying. Her character writing is this: merely go back and forth between "Hi shinchi how are you are you okay? and "shinchi something is wrong with you gtf away from me you monster!" And yeah just rinse and repeat. As for the other characters, I don't even feel like they're worth mentioning. Ryouko was interesting but she just dies, to show that she was "human", being a mother and protecting her baby, I guess? But she could've very well just fled the scene or something idk. And goto is like the one significant parasite that they have trouble against, the big baddie that they have to defeat near the end. But he dies to some rusted pipe so that was some nice pay-off.

Sadly all this has been really negative, but again I really did enjoy the first third or so. It was really promising and had the potential to tell a riveting story, one that could do what the likes of death note and psycho pass failed to do (yeah sorry I wasn't a big fan of either of those either), but imo, this falls onto the same level as those. SUPER high potential, but again, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, just isn't executed as well as it should have. Visuals were fine. Some pretty good animation here and there but a lot of the fights just looked like two kids throwing spaghetti at each other.

While I wish there could've been a more clear central narrative, I'm glad they didn't go full on to the environmentalist message they were touching at when discussing the landfill and the poison that came from it. This final episode though, gave us the "WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HUMAN??" message though. Couldn't think of anything better could they, and maybe perhaps be just a little bit deeper than that? I can't really complain about the ending though, I thought it was fine; because you can't really expect that much of a finale with writing that doesn't have any clear direction.

3 out of 10

Migi saving murano despite being, asleep, was pretty chad though. Migi's just the best. 3.1 out of 10.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 6, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
A good show. Glad he got a happy ending given that he has been through many hardships.

But there are still many questions that aren't answered.

Also that ending was kinda random though. That bastard's reason for attacking was totally nonsense. I'm not satisfied with just a punch. Should've f*cking kick his face until it'll be unrecognizable.

7/10 for me. It should've been 8/10 without that nonsense ending. If she died there I don't know anymore, luckily she didn't.

Also Kana is still the best :)
Aug 13, 2021 9:43 PM

Jan 2021
So they got their good life back after everything they went through. Liked it.

Nov 9, 2021 9:10 AM

Aug 2019
Ah it was so good....loved it...goodbye migi...
Nov 15, 2021 7:59 PM
Aug 2017
That bastard killer Uragami from the Gotou incident grabs Murano and holds a knife against her neck. Shinichi uses his inhuman speed to reach him, blocks the knife with his left arm and punches Uragamis jaw with his right. Murano falls of the edge and Shinichi fails to reach her. Migi saves her for Shinichi <3

Murano looks much cuter than before

Opening and ending good
OST fucking amazing especially the piano soundtrack.

This anime I don't think I'll ever forget it was a truly wonderful watch.

10/10

Goodbye Migi, you were a good friend…

Jan 24, 2022 9:44 PM

Aug 2019
We’ll never forget you Migi!
Jan 30, 2022 1:10 AM

May 2020
this series suffered from the same struggles that princess mononoke did.

sacrificing story quality for the sake of a political theme. this show could have been a masterpiece if there wasnt so much focus on the "human nature"
Feb 15, 2022 8:33 PM
Aug 2021
I'm probably not smart enough to get all the psychological stuff this anime was going for. I understand some of it, but certainly not everything.

Putting aside the themes surrounding human nature, this was very solid. I liked the pacing in general and MC and Migi were great. The fights were cool as well.

The emotional moments in this show more often than not hit home. Kana's death probably got to me the most. It was very cruel.

In the end, this was an incredibly solid show. It could've done with being a little shorter, but it was solid nonetheless. Also, the ending was kinda abrupt? It was strange, though I'm happy he (or Migi) was able to save Murano. Watching this right after I watched Death Note for the first time wasn't the best idea in hindsight. Too much death going around for me personally.

8/10.
YoungStarDCFeb 16, 2022 5:08 PM
Feb 16, 2022 10:08 PM

Nov 2009
I started to lose interest when it got more political and the police got heavily involved. Glad it came down to Shinichi in the end but it seemed really weird how he decided not to kill Gotou, we see his reasoning for that and then all of a sudden changed his mind. Shinichi and Murano sleeping together also seemed out of the blue. Correct me if I'm wrong but up until then, they weren't exactly on good terms. Then in the last scene we see Murano fall to her death, next scene she's fine. It kind of felt like a visual novel, giving glimpses of alternate routes but it's not based on a VN. Would have given this a 9 in the early episodes, in the end, 7.5 rounded down.
Apr 16, 2022 6:00 AM
May 2021
bro i thought she will die, I was sensing huge death flag alarm in last episode. But phew.. she survived and they ended up happily together. Migi in hibernation and the parasytes left adapted well with the human society. But their origin remained unknown, that's why deducting 1 point and giving 9/10
Apr 16, 2022 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
Parasyte is definitely the best non-comedy-non-silly anime to come out of a seinen manga.

Positives:

- The first ten episodes were enjoyable.

- Voice Acting was great.

- Graphics were great.

- OST was great

- Episodes 20 to 24 were awesome and really intense.

- Parasyte is an anime that deserves credit for trying to be different.  It started off as a fighting-shounen, but then it became a theme-heavy-seinen, and because of this, I can see why Parasyte is considered a deconstruction of the fighting-shounen genre, and for this it should get credit.

Negatives:

- Even though the first 10 episodes were good, sometimes they also felt stupid with how many of the characters were just jerks to be jerks, or dumb to be dumb.

- From episode to 11 to 19, even though it was interesting, the anime was also mostly dull, that I could only watch one episode per day due to how slow it was.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:40 AM
Jul 5, 2022 3:33 PM
Jan 2019
Umm, okay ending i guess. It was just anticlimatic
Aug 31, 2022 12:15 AM
Mar 2022
perfect very beaUTIFUL
Sep 3, 2022 2:24 PM
Aug 2021
wai, prea genial! ma jur :#
Sep 24, 2022 11:03 PM

Oct 2021
A Classic anime indeed...10/10.
Sep 26, 2022 3:40 PM
Sep 2022
I really like....
Oct 11, 2022 7:20 PM
Oct 2022
Thought this anime was absolutely amazing, the only thing that brought it down for me was maybe slow pacing at times, and a couple of characters. I didn't really enjoy the characters of Murano or Kana(R.I.P.), but the messages, fights, and finale were my top highlights. I thought the humor in this anime was exceptional too, and Gotou was a villain to be reckoned with(his voice was smooth too). The finale was good as well as the final faceoff with Uragami was one of my favorite parts, and it did get emotional at the end. Overall, 9/10 some boring parts but mostly peak for me :) almost forgot, that whole scene with Chopin's piano playing in the background and Shinichi giving us only wise words was great.
Dec 4, 2022 9:10 AM
Oct 2022
Este anime me dio una inspiracion muy grande en mi vida. <3
Dec 5, 2022 8:19 AM
Nov 2022
kanaaaa ( ͡╥ ⏥ ͡╥)
Dec 6, 2022 6:46 PM
Dec 2022
I think its a great end.
Dec 18, 2022 3:13 PM
Aug 2022
great ending to a great show
Dec 20, 2022 11:42 PM
Nov 2022
Nice ending to the series, liked the little surprise where Uragami makes his final stand.
Dec 27, 2022 2:13 AM

Nov 2021
Really did not like this one unfortunately. It's like series focused too much on being profound and philosophical and forgot to add the story and engaging characters along the way. I liked the first half and was waiting for the plot to progress but second half is just awful. Ost is kinda weird too, dubstep always sounded out of place which ruined lots of scenes.

At least Murano survived, that's cool I guess.
Dec 29, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2020
I thought I've forgotten how to binge watch for a long time.
Then I found this show.
water
Jan 1, 2023 7:42 PM
Nov 2022
simplemente me ha encantado
Jan 8, 2023 9:42 AM
Nov 2022
IS GOOD ANIME OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Jan 17, 2023 3:36 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
This episode felt sooo unnecessary, bringing that psycho back and for what? It was so random. If you're gonna bring him back then at least something relevant should've happened, killing off Murano would have been dumb too, and overdramatic, but at least it would have been... something? to show that he's not going to be depending on anyone to protect others anymore but oh nvm, surprise cause Migi's plot armor is still there lol. 
Them fondly remembering the puppy scene made me cringe. "oh yeah remember when i threw that dead dog in the trash lol well actually since i saw how pissed you got i did the bare minimum any decent human being would do and buried it" "dawww you're so sweet <3 you're sinichi after all <3" like, really......? of all scenes to remember back on you pick the worst one possible lol

I'd give it like a VERY generous 6/10 purely because of its entertainment value but in general it's a really really flawed show. If I were to try and view it from a completely objective point of view I'd give it like 1-2 points less.
nostalgiaasJan 17, 2023 3:40 PM

Feb 3, 2023 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
It was so good, what can i say? Loved the Migi scene.

"-Everyday, on my way... I run into somebody on my way, a small part of my life. And suddenly, that somebody died. Why am I still sad then?

+Because it takes time for humans to reflect on things, but that is why humans are so unique and thats why you should keep that. You are the creatures that have time to share what is in their hearts... A prodigy!"

Apr 2, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2021
Top 3 best animes of all time
Apr 24, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2023
I wish this anime lasted a bit longer. It felt very short to me. I loved it so much I just wished we went on for a bit.
May 15, 2023 6:45 PM
May 2023
it was terrible, i mean just plain crap
May 19, 2023 10:53 PM
Apr 2023
The fact that a >human< serial killer was the final antagonist of a show featuring monstrous parasites was fantastic. Didn't expect to see anything like what we got in the end, no massive earth-ending battle, just a standoff with a guy who has all the leverage in the world over the MC. I also expected Shinichi's girl to bite it within the first couple episodes, but they had some great close-call scares and actually let her live. Didn't see that coming, thought Kana would end up "taking the reigns". Visuals could have been better for such a quality source product, but at least a cohesive story is told from start to finish, there is an arc, and the show ends without some anime-only bullshit or some season 2 sequel baiting that will never pay off.
Aug 5, 2023 8:07 PM
Mar 2023
migi is the goat of all time
Aug 12, 2023 2:52 PM
Aug 2023
the show has deep thoughts about the reason of our existence, mixed up with romantic relationships, and interesting plot twists.
Aug 15, 2023 9:25 PM
Feb 2023
Pretty beautiful ending and anime overall. It's content to pose the audience a great deal of questions and leave it at that rather than trying to answer them all. After all, given that these questions relate to the human experience, it's only right that you're left wondering for yourself.
(Shinichi and Murano giggling around two fresh corpses after a horrifying near-death experience did feel a bit tonally off for a few seconds, but on the merit of the rest of the show I'll forgive a clunky moment or two)
Aug 26, 2023 12:47 AM
Nov 2021
It was average...
Sep 5, 2023 2:56 AM

Jan 2020
Great show, but many questions left without an answer in the end, not cool(

Also, I really was expecting that in some point of the show Izumi will tell Murano about his problems and his hand. And then she will, well, at least comfort his feelings, or maybe give him some thoughts from the side, in order to change his dry\depressive mindset. After all, she looked like an understanding personality, like if she was crafted by the author for this kind of "moral compass" role. Unfortunately, Izumi never told her the truth and till the end she felt like a somewhat pointless character, with a goal of being a victim in some scenes and a kinda trite girlfriend in others. Up to the point where some people in the comments higher outright hate Murano and wish she died instead of Kimishima Kana (which I don't understand, Kana wasn't that great either, she was like an egoistic stubborn donkey). A shame

Despite those confusing things, will drop it a 9, because the show was thrilling to watch and gave some interesting brainfood to think about
I is a apsolute ekspert on inglish languge, and I newer make mistackes!
Newer ewer!
Sep 14, 2023 6:01 AM

Oct 2016
Strong beginning (episodes 1 to 4), weaker follow up due to the romantic and harem subplots (episodes 5 to 12), then a strong middle point on the same or even higher level of quality from the beginning (episodes 13 to 18), and as it was pointed out already, a weaker last bunch or episodes from 19 to 24.
Nov 29, 2023 8:50 PM
Nov 2023
Absolute Banger fr
Dec 4, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 2023
It's an epic anime
Jan 9, 12:36 AM
Nov 2023
Very Philosophic. Did not expect that. But very clever words said. And good message shown.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

422 by rrel »»
Sep 11, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

311 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 6, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

640 by Flamestriker101 »»
Aug 25, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

315 by mery_san »»
Aug 23, 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.