Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »
Oct 6, 2022 5:32 PM
Sep 2022
this anime never failed to make me while watching to just bust out pushups to failure. ugh im so lost now that it's over
Oct 11, 2022 10:52 AM

Dec 2020
Peak finale, a bittersweet and satisfying conclusion to a incredible journey. That scale of that fight was out of this world, throwing galaxies like some dodgeball game lmao.

ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE ANIME EVER.

๐–๐‡๐Ž ๐ƒ๐Ž ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐‘๐„๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐Š ๐ˆ ๐€๐Œ?
Oct 17, 2022 3:10 AM
Jan 2021
inspirational serie
Nov 7, 2022 7:18 AM
Oct 2022
i love it! what you think who i am?
Nov 10, 2022 3:06 PM

Jan 2021
This shit was beautiful man I loved the ending and this whole journey was just amazing.

Dec 16, 2022 11:30 PM

Jan 2019
Fucking hell... This series was an experience I still never forget, rewatching it brings back so much emotion, so much joy, so much POWER!!! It just ends like that... That's how you do a satisfying yet heartwrenching ending, bittersweet more like, an amazing conclusion to a saga that pierces the heavens!

This still remains a 9/10 series for me, it has stood the test of time and remains a phenomenal piece of entertainment with galaxy level action and charisma. Soundtrack is a fucking banger, one of the in all of anime!

One criticism is that the first half drags quite a bit in a few episode, but the second half is as solid as steel, consistent in every way.

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!!!
Dec 17, 2022 8:26 PM
Sep 2020
Absolutely incredible
Dec 25, 2022 6:37 AM
Nov 2022
underrated series
Dec 25, 2022 6:38 AM
Nov 2022
the greatest of all time. zenith of the medium. hallmark of media. gold standard of storytelling. apogee of creativity. vertex of invention. crest of ingenuity. acme of imagination. pinnacle of the medium. epic of epics. legend among legends. peak fiction.
Jan 7, 2023 3:16 PM

Jul 2020
I remember 2 years ago when I was super bored and stopped at episode 15. Just a while ago I decided to pick this up again.

Yeah I am so happy that I did and that I have experienced this. Definitely one of the easiest 10/10s of my life and one of my favourite anime of all time too. Impeccable from literally standpoint imaginable and something that is emotionally striking to the core. 
LifeisTrulyFunJan 7, 2023 3:23 PM
Feb 4, 2023 6:19 PM
May 2021
Masterpiece, most epic fight on fiction no doubt
Feb 15, 2023 9:11 AM
Jan 2019
It is the inverse to Evangelion, the answer if you will.
Feb 19, 2023 11:57 PM
Feb 2022
Man, I finished the show a couple of hours ago, but I still feel gutted everytime I remember how it ended, don't get me wrong, It was a good ending, just that made me really really sad because I like ending were everybody gets together and lives happily ever after.
Feb 20, 2023 3:30 AM
Sep 2020
Pure garbage. I hate the fact that i've watched it.
Feb 23, 2023 3:19 PM

Feb 2019
Such an amazing series. It's been a year since I watched it and the ending keeps popping in my mind every now and then.
Mar 1, 2023 2:03 PM
Jul 2021
S tier anime guys go watch this anime
Apr 23, 2023 9:36 AM
Apr 2023
This episode was amazing! Especially the struggle of Simon and his friends against Anti Spiral, by watching 720p Revolution makes the animation very COOL
May 2, 2023 8:36 PM

Apr 2016
When in doubt, row row fight the powa
May 8, 2023 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
SIMPLISMENTE UM FINAL HONESTO, E BEM AMARRADO.
May 13, 2023 5:19 AM

Aug 2022
The final fight was just so fucking great. The ending was bittersweet with Nia disappearing, but it was still amazing nontheless.

This is easily a 10/10 anime and one of my all time favourites! 
May 13, 2023 8:05 PM
Mar 2017
Definitely my favorite anime. What a journey! It has its flaws in the narrative, but the fights scenes make up for it.
May 20, 2023 1:32 AM
Feb 2022
Hands down to the greatest and my favourite mecha anime
May 28, 2023 6:48 AM
May 2023
ekrana kitlenerek izlediฤŸim çok iyi bir anime
Jun 6, 2023 8:17 PM
Apr 2022
THIS IS THE MOST GOATED ANIME EVER
Jul 9, 2023 5:52 AM

Aug 2011
Wow just wow I can't believe I expect this much from this anime its like eva but more hopeful. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIA
Aug 3, 2023 7:13 PM
Mar 2021
Definitely a must-watch anime 10/10
Aug 19, 2023 6:35 PM
May 2022

Ever since my ex girlfriend took her own life during Lockdown, I've been struggling with depression for a long time.

I know what happens in Gurren Lagaan involving Nia, and that is why I refuse to watch it.

I cannot help but feel ashamed that I'll never be able to be like Simon. 
Aug 20, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 2023
what a beautiful ending. Simone is truly one of the most tragic characters in anime, a pure representation of the indomitable human spirit. this will easily go down as one of the greatest animes of all time.
Aug 22, 2023 8:44 PM

Apr 2023
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I EVER SAW MAN I DIDENT MAKE THAT MUCH NOISES SUCH AWAS A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Dec 2020
They really went all out for the final ep. Nia fading away reminded me of the samurai jack ending. All bitter sweet but with this time skip again we saw a future for the better and it was a happy one.
Sep 7, 2023 1:23 PM
Oct 2020
the visuals in this were gorgeous, all of it, i was in awe the whole time
Oct 1, 2023 7:42 PM
Apr 2023
What a bittersweet ending to such a masterpiece. Definitely now one of my favorite animes
Oct 23, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2021
ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWA ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA SEE THE INVISIBLE DO THE IMPOSSIBLE ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA IF THIS ANIME ISNT PEAK FICTION I DONT KNOW WHAT IS AIQODHDIWKWNSOAOWMEJODKSKEIEJENEOXIXKSNEKEOFJFB
Oct 23, 2023 12:53 PM
Feb 2017
ะžั‚ะปะธั‡ะฝั‹ะน ั‚ะฐะนั‚ะป
Nov 4, 2023 7:26 AM
Aug 2019
O melhor final dos animes
Nov 29, 2023 4:51 AM
Jun 2019
Dec 29, 2023 10:26 PM
Dec 2023
Changed the trajectory of my life with a stellar plot, character, animation, and all of the above.
Jan 1, 10:15 AM
Sep 2020
SฤฐMON AYNI BEN AMK
Jan 6, 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
This is one of the greatest works of art I've ever seen. I didn't really get back into anime until around 2015, so I totally missed the boat on this one. By that time, all I really saw floating around were pictures of Kamina with his fucking crazy glasses, unassuming Simon, Yoko and her rifle, or Gurren Lagann. None of it looked appealing at all hahaha. I do have a cousin who is a super fan, but his tastes can be a bit questionable, so it's hard to take him seriously sometimes. But it's really cause of him that I finally watched this show and I couldn't be happier that I did :')

Though Gainax sacrifices believability for creativity A LOT, I still consider Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann one of the great animations of the 21st century. It makes me so excited for the future cause if this is what was coming out in 2007, and we keep climbing higher, what heights will we reach in the 22nd century?!?!?!
Jan 21, 5:50 AM
Jan 2021
The ending is really good. The first half of the anime was mediocre, like a 6/10. However, the second half is quite strong with a great conclusion. I would rate the second half an 8/10. Overall, I would give the anime a 7/10.
Feb 20, 10:26 PM
Dec 2022
@accela Same bro, that opening scene deserved to be the ending.
Mar 7, 1:55 PM
Jan 2024
good i dont remember it now i waatched a long time ago but the ending was good for the world and bad for the main character thats all i can say
Mar 20, 11:46 PM
Mar 2024
peak episode
later buddy!
Mar 22, 7:03 PM

Jul 2021
Here we are with the end of one amazing show, what a ride it was. Though there was a point in the show were i almost lost interest with Nia being introduced i grew to like her overtime, she became an alright character.

The end fight was truly amazing with both the anti spiral and and simon and friends duking it out for the fate of the universe. I really liked the anti spiral guy his design along with his perosnality was amazing. I also really liked his abilities and how he was just throwing around planets and universes like they were nothing more than his toys. It was interesting to see how the anti spiral race sacrificed everything to become who they were to stop the spirals.

The visuals in the end fight and throughout the series was amazing, they never disappointed and it was always nice to see some action and transforming with the amazing animation. Im glad most people got there happy ending. Though we lost many great characters throughout the show it was nice seeing them in the afterlife especially Kamina one of my favourite characters in the show.

I love how Viral became a very important character throughout the show. Hes another one of my faovurites and it was nice seeing him become a better person and help humanity fight against the anti spiral.

Overall this show was amazing and im glad i gave it a chance. 10/10

Mar 26, 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
I wasn't sure when I started watching but now I'm on board: This is a masterpiece!
Read Toriko!
Apr 5, 11:01 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to WIIXAnd
@MrIntellect
I just hate mecha Anime (often beacuse i like code geass)because its illogical and stupid IMO

Heh, i really dont care about that "message" if the Anime RATE isn't suitable for me.

Hey, i said illogical not unrealistic..
However you said that this show has no limits..but why ? how ? there is no reason that means its illogical, but like HXH nen known as inner power or something like that
so HxH is logical, just like that.

It doesn't have to be dark to be mature..
But all the aspects of this anime are childish (Art, animation,characters,plot)
it couldn't be mature.. that's impossible.

TBH my english is too bad and i have Difficulties to express.. so sorry if you dont understand something.
@WIIXAnd
Saying this while having Mirai Nikki as a 6, Akame Ga Kill as a 9 and Darling in The Franxx as an 8 is... quite ironic, since you complained about characters and plot it's weird you liked these three shows. I would say that they are way less mature and logical than GL in regard of character developement and interactions.

The plot in Gurren Lagann is simple, not bad, it has an interesting lore and the Power system is enstablished quite well from the beginning, will power can create energy and convert it to mass, quite simple but it keeps its internal logic.

There are a few characters in GL that truly have some developement, but the dynamics between them are always quite good, in particular in how they influence each other and that's clear by the end of the series.

Also artstyle and animation don't have anything to do with maturity, that's just a misinformed statement.
Apr 5, 12:15 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Reply to Spiral26
@WIIXAnd
Saying this while having Mirai Nikki as a 6, Akame Ga Kill as a 9 and Darling in The Franxx as an 8 is... quite ironic, since you complained about characters and plot it's weird you liked these three shows. I would say that they are way less mature and logical than GL in regard of character developement and interactions.

The plot in Gurren Lagann is simple, not bad, it has an interesting lore and the Power system is enstablished quite well from the beginning, will power can create energy and convert it to mass, quite simple but it keeps its internal logic.

There are a few characters in GL that truly have some developement, but the dynamics between them are always quite good, in particular in how they influence each other and that's clear by the end of the series.

Also artstyle and animation don't have anything to do with maturity, that's just a misinformed statement.
@Spiral26 maybe I liked them for other reasons? that doesn't matter either way, google ad hominem.

"nah they are not bad they are good" ah ok cool argument.

funny that I triggered your first post ever lmao.
WIIXAndApr 5, 12:19 PM
Apr 5, 3:05 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to WIIXAnd
@Spiral26 maybe I liked them for other reasons? that doesn't matter either way, google ad hominem.

"nah they are not bad they are good" ah ok cool argument.

funny that I triggered your first post ever lmao.
@WIIXAnd
oh wow this really is my first post ever on this site congratulations, I guess your post really triggered me XD.

I also wasn't aware about that type of fallacious argument, useful information.

Still my intent wasn't that of a personal attack, I was more curious/interested in understanding why similar "negative" aspects in different shows didn't bothered you but in GL did. As an example, we both liked Made in Abyss and are enjoying Dungeon Meshi, but many people complained about the artstyle being too "cute" for their tonal shift.

I just can't wrap my head around the huge difference in the reception of one show from another regarding the same aspect or "issue" (besides associating it with a simple personal preference, in that case I was thinking way too hard about it).

Apr 5, 3:55 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Reply to Spiral26
@WIIXAnd
oh wow this really is my first post ever on this site congratulations, I guess your post really triggered me XD.

I also wasn't aware about that type of fallacious argument, useful information.

Still my intent wasn't that of a personal attack, I was more curious/interested in understanding why similar "negative" aspects in different shows didn't bothered you but in GL did. As an example, we both liked Made in Abyss and are enjoying Dungeon Meshi, but many people complained about the artstyle being too "cute" for their tonal shift.

I just can't wrap my head around the huge difference in the reception of one show from another regarding the same aspect or "issue" (besides associating it with a simple personal preference, in that case I was thinking way too hard about it).

@Spiral26 what I meant was that I could be completely wrong with my scoring for the anime you mentioned but all of them have nothing to do with Tengen Toppa, as I could be right here.

I made my comment more than 4 years ago, I barely remember how I felt then lol, I remember that the mc got a lot of power from remembering his dead friend or something like that, I saw it as power of friendship.

action scenes were too boring for me, flashy bombings or whatever.
The many deaths near the end for unnesaccery characters was also very stupid for me I think.

but I think the biggest factor was that I had really high hopes for it, I watched 21 eps in one day waiting for "the good part" or "the twist", I thought there was something like that considering the score on this site...
and to be honest, I still don't know what people think tengen toppa is good at, Is it the action scenes? the character? or the plot?

meanwhile Mirai nikki and Akame ga Kill were edgier, I used to like edgy anime a lot :)
for DITF I think I liked the world's mystery and liked Ichigo? also the finale was something...

so yeah this is it, I just have different reasons for different anime :D

Apr 6, 3:28 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to WIIXAnd
@Spiral26 what I meant was that I could be completely wrong with my scoring for the anime you mentioned but all of them have nothing to do with Tengen Toppa, as I could be right here.

I made my comment more than 4 years ago, I barely remember how I felt then lol, I remember that the mc got a lot of power from remembering his dead friend or something like that, I saw it as power of friendship.

action scenes were too boring for me, flashy bombings or whatever.
The many deaths near the end for unnesaccery characters was also very stupid for me I think.

but I think the biggest factor was that I had really high hopes for it, I watched 21 eps in one day waiting for "the good part" or "the twist", I thought there was something like that considering the score on this site...
and to be honest, I still don't know what people think tengen toppa is good at, Is it the action scenes? the character? or the plot?

meanwhile Mirai nikki and Akame ga Kill were edgier, I used to like edgy anime a lot :)
for DITF I think I liked the world's mystery and liked Ichigo? also the finale was something...

so yeah this is it, I just have different reasons for different anime :D

@WIIXAnd
Ok I get what you meant now, I just felt that comment was a bit excessive ahahah.

As for why Gurren Laganna is so well recieved there are many different reasons:

-it’s a love letter to the Super Robot genre, very popular in the 90s, so most people that liked that style probbaly appreciate GL.

-many people probably watched when they were around the same age as the mc or when someone important went missing, so they probably found it very easy to relate.

-it’s not about the “power of friendship”, it’s about self confidence that in the case of mc was misplaced in other characters instead of himself up until ep 11 if I remember correctly.

-most people don’t start with the expectations of great twists or complex plot, GL wants to tell the story of a mc influenced by others’ ideals. Don’t get me wrong there are twists and plot but they are more in the form of characters death or expansion of the lore rather than something like Code Geass.

-the structure of the show and the symbolisms fits very well what it wants to convey, there are some themes related to maturity in facing dreadful situations, the responsabilities of humanity, the convergence and acceptance of opposite ideals.
But all of this is wrapped in an over the top action show, if this first layer isn’t your cup of thea is hard to appreciate the rest of the show, it makes everything less belivable.

-production value is high, there’s no denying here, besides 1 or 2 episodes the show is well animated and it has its own unique style. It still looks quite new despite being from 2007.

There is more probably but right now that’s what come off the top of my head.
As for me, I liked all of the elements above, plus I appreciate when a series has big tonal shifts but can still keeps its ground on emotional moments when necessary.
I even knew what the final battle was going to look like (spoilers usually are a big deal to me, as they lower my enjoyement) but I was still captured by the characters, the lore and the weird over the top feel of the world.

On a side note, yeah Ichigo wasn’t bad, and about the mystery of DITF… weren’t those aliens just a cheap copy of Anti-Spiral that came out with no build-up? I thought they should have kept things more grounded that times around.
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Sep 1, 2007

162 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 25, 2007

180 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 7:33 PM

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - May 10

22 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.