Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2010 11:13 AM

Oct 2009
x3mslayer said:
^_^

v-v

Awwwwww I love my wife for these reasons! She is perfectly beautiful.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 20, 2010 12:49 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, what an episode. Hated #14, but this really made up for it.
Jan 20, 2010 1:29 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode as always for the only worthy rival of Nodame Cantabile with some great storytellin and good direction ;) Still, Kazehaya's reaction to Kurumi's confession was really overboard in my opinion. So much that he feels like the perfect male character more than a credible/realistic one, and that's starting to bother me a bit I must say.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 20, 2010 2:19 PM

Apr 2008
^Before the 'everyones Kazehaya' pact, he used to get confessed to a lot so Kurumi confessing wouldn't shock him. However since he really is a nice guy, seeing a girl cry like that, with him being the cause, is obviously going to make him react... but I'll admit I'm biased! :P

As for the episode, kyaaaaaaaaaa indeed! ;>

The confession was handled really well and actually really loved how Kurumi bounced back after being rejected... the sunglasses were great :D

Ending was particularly sweet and couldn't help laughing at Yano's breaking the 4th wall moment!
nehnehnejiJan 20, 2010 2:26 PM
Jan 20, 2010 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
My god, Kurumi looks so attractive with those sunglasses. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2010 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
he feels like the perfect male character more than a credible/realistic one, and that's starting to bother me a bit I must say.
you just realized this?

Jan 20, 2010 2:39 PM

Oct 2009
That was pretty awsome episode. Now i think that Kurumi isnt that bad person as i thoiught till now but still Swako>Kurumi....
Jan 20, 2010 2:53 PM

Oct 2009
I hate that everyone hates Kurumi. IDK, it's just so predictable that everyone would hate the character that opposes their precious, socially maladjusted Sawako-chan. And this isn't anything bad againt Sawako, of course, because I love her and think she's a doll, but I also love Kurumi... a lot. But then again, I have the tendency to like characters that I'm "supposed" to hate. So. Whatever.

Anyway. LOL WHY would anyone think that Kazehaya would reject Kurumi coldly? That would be so out of character for him. I thought that the show made it pretty clear that he's a nice guy, but apparently not clear enough for some people.
Jan 20, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
I'm still not a huge fan of Kurumi, but I no longer hate her quite as much as I did before.

The last scene was so cute. I loved Kazehaya's blushing face. <3
Jan 20, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
D'awwwwwwww
Jan 20, 2010 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
yay cant wait for the next episode
Jan 20, 2010 3:41 PM
Mar 2008
lolol Gangster Kurumi XD
Jan 20, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
Splendid, splendid episode! :D

I kind of like Kurumi now... I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. I'm glad she knows where her place is. Also great to see Sawako with her hair down and I loved her outfit.

I want their love to develop more damnit ;_;
Jan 20, 2010 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
And with this, Kurumi has surpassed Yano as my favorite character in this show. I'm now hoping that she will be as catty and present as Ami Kawashima in Toradora, but her being in a different class may mean that this is the last I've seen of her in an entertaining fashion.

At this point, there is only so much drama that can be made up to keep the two from getting together, so I'm hoping they'll take this time either to flesh out Yoshida/Ryuu and Yano or just get them together already. I kind of hope that at some point Kazehaya's cowardice/selfishness gets noticed by Sawako, but that's just a pipe dream.
Jan 20, 2010 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
DarthVantos said:
Yes we are done with kurumi it didint need to take that many episodes for her but it was a good episode.

this i can agree with
Jan 20, 2010 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
I'm happy that we've finally seen some character development. I'm also happy that the Kurumi arc is FINALLY over with. Sheesh, it was good while it last, but they stretched it for far too long.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 20, 2010 6:03 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
And with this, Kurumi has surpassed Yano as my favorite character in this show. I'm now hoping that she will be as catty and present as Ami Kawashima in Toradora, but her being in a different class may mean that this is the last I've seen of her in an entertaining fashion.

She does remind me alot of Ami-chan. They both confessed in a rather high and mighty fashion too, didn't they?

Jan 20, 2010 6:03 PM
Jan 2010
good ep^^
Jan 20, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
amazing episode as always. really the animators are doing a great job with this series, and this episode just shows how great the show is. but i will agree im happy we are done with the kurumi ark. although it was interesting, it felt a little dragged out. maybe not so much in the manga, but the anime made it feel that way for me. but besides that i loved it 5/5.
Jan 20, 2010 6:11 PM

Oct 2009
Favorite ep so far!

Kurumi rocks!! I'm serioius . . . with where she came from to being able to act like nothing when she was rejected. Girl has guts, nuff said. Luv that she's being true to her self now!

Please nooooo recap! It's too short of a series to have a recap! :p

*Fan girl scream* Sawako rested on Kazehaya's shoulder!! Happiness ^_^
Jan 20, 2010 6:15 PM
Jul 2009
I'm starting to really like Kurumi...
Jan 20, 2010 6:26 PM
Jul 2009
I'm totally falling for Kurumi. =3

Great episode! Pin was funny like always. XD

Edit: It's funny how everyone loves Kurumi now. XD
Julio-samaJan 20, 2010 6:30 PM
Jan 20, 2010 7:21 PM

Sep 2008
I see something weird in next episode~~~
Jan 20, 2010 7:25 PM

May 2009
The emancipation of Kurumi-chan. What she did to Sawako was despicable, but she still ended up being pretty likable just by coming clean - from admitting to her evil deeds to confessing to Kazehaya to dropping the cute/nice girl facade of hers. And her real self is pretty damn funny and cool. Hope she sticks around. Either that or give her her own show please.

Loved the last scene. Kazehaya dying from having sleeping Sawako lean on him was adorable.
Jan 20, 2010 7:46 PM

Jul 2008
Kurumi has always been my favorite character in this series for some reason, so I'm glad this episode focused a lot on her.

Too bad that next week's episode looks like it's going to be a recap. Boo. I hate recaps.
Jan 20, 2010 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
REJECTED!!

No matter how sweet is the guy when you ain't the one...she might have a chance if she told him years ago.

Rival? How come the battle didn't even start that she lost!

It is so nice to be young and in love.
Jan 20, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2009
HA HA HA
Kurumi got RE-JECT-ED
Jan 20, 2010 10:20 PM

Dec 2008
francismeunier said:

Now Kurumi does remind me here of a Hollywood star but what she did is still going to unforgivable as a suffering towards Sawako=>

People changes alot after heartbreaking o_o I remember two of my friends broke up with their girlfriend and the next few days they shaved their heads (both had hair about 7-8 inches) and started smoking marijuana o_o Whether if the people are actually gf/bf or not, when they rejected or broken up they change.

This showed a good example of it. Kurumi wearing sunglasses and, as ReaperEXE mentioned, being more of who she really is in front of people instead of acting cute.

and some people became emo or just die D:

emos FTW
Jan 20, 2010 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
The more I watch this, the more i see resemblance between me and Sawako~
Only difference is she has Kazehaya~
Jan 21, 2010 12:35 AM

Jan 2010
You can still be my wife, Kurumi! ;_;
Jan 21, 2010 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
dude, animefreak.tv is only up to 11:59!!! WTF!1
Jan 21, 2010 8:38 AM
Feb 2009
Wait, if the Kurumi arc's done...

Then next is... Chizuru's arc! Yay!
Jan 21, 2010 9:02 AM

Feb 2008
LEVEL UP!

Sadako learned Rivalry
Jan 21, 2010 9:59 AM

Oct 2009
ironflowers said:
HA HA HA
Kurumi got RE-JECT-ED
Exactly and you got to love Kazehaya for being such a strong guy unlike other guys like Touya in White Album....euh!
De-JaY said:
LEVEL UP!

Sadako learned Rivalry
Rofl yeah, that's right!
Comanechi said:
You can still be my wife, Kurumi! ;_;
Yes, please take her far from Kazehaya so that less trouble happens.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 21, 2010 10:52 AM
Jul 2008
This episode were great!
Jan 21, 2010 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
Anyone else thought Sawako looked MUCH prettier this time? At some moments she looked prettier than Kurumi! I liked it :)
Jan 21, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2007
My dislike for Kurumi has not gone at all, but I like her a bit more now.
The confession/rejection was great, it touched me.
Sawako looks so pretty sleeping n__n and not sleeping too.
Gah! I dont want a recap! Who needs it! I want to see this Chizu arc that everyone is talking about!
Jan 21, 2010 11:39 AM
Nov 2008
Awww Kurumi was so adorable during this ep. I loved her before too but this ep was something else. When kazehaya turned her down i was like: "are you an idiot?????" Ah whatever. And she was so funny in those glasses (only sawako would think they looked "coool"):D.
Jan 21, 2010 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
Am I the only person who still dislikes Kurumi? D: I never hated her. She had some very "real" moments, like when Sawako and her were kneeling and crying and she wiped away Sawako's tears angrily; that was something I could imagine a lot of people doing (if they were talking to their "rival" in that sort of situation). And of course it's awesome that it seems like now she's going to be out with her bitchy-ness (I was getting so tired of everyone thinking of her as an innocent little angel :|), but still! She was awful to Sawako (making her think she liked her while she hated her all along), and just a generally bad person.

Again, I don't hate her. I think she actually might be a pretty cool character now that she's not a fake, and I'm glad her confession to Kazehaya is over and done with. But I just don't understand why she's everyone's favorite now. Kurumi > Sawako? Really? Because she stepped up and confessed to the boy she liked, and now she's an OPEN bitch instead of a hidden one? ...It doesn't take a lot to win you guys over, does it? >__>

ANYWAY, I'm still adoring this series, and I'm hoping Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship will progress further soon - the anticipation is killing me :B (Recap episode next week? BOO.) I agree with everyone who've been saying they love the art. I'm loving the style, and the bright colors give it such a cheery impression.

And of course, Pin. I love that man C:
Jan 21, 2010 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
I'm now hoping that she will be as catty and present as Ami Kawashima in Toradora, but her being in a different class may mean that this is the last I've seen of her in an entertaining fashion.
Well, they are both can be catty but as a character I dislike Ami. She is just not honest with her feeling while Kurumi is different.

Oh and they better not left Kurumi in the dark corner at all.
ellette said:
Am I the only person who still dislikes Kurumi? D: I never hated her. She had some very "real" moments, like when Sawako and her were kneeling and crying and she wiped away Sawako's tears angrily; that was something I could imagine a lot of people doing (if they were talking to their "rival" in that sort of situation). And of course it's awesome that it seems like now she's going to be out with her bitchy-ness (I was getting so tired of everyone thinking of her as an innocent little angel :|), but still! She was awful to Sawako (making her think she liked her while she hated her all along), and just a generally bad person.

Again, I don't hate her. I think she actually might be a pretty cool character now that she's not a fake, and I'm glad her confession to Kazehaya is over and done with. But I just don't understand why she's everyone's favorite now. Kurumi > Sawako? Really? Because she stepped up and confessed to the boy she liked, and now she's an OPEN bitch instead of a hidden one? ...It doesn't take a lot to win you guys over, does it? >__>

ANYWAY, I'm still adoring this series, and I'm hoping Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship will progress further soon - the anticipation is killing me :B (Recap episode next week? BOO.) I agree with everyone who've been saying they love the art. I'm loving the style, and the bright colors give it such a cheery impression.

And of course, Pin. I love that man C:
I think you are misunderstood it, just because they like Kurumi more that doesn't mean they are rooting for KururmiXKazehaya instead of SawakoXKazehaya. The other thing is people liking a character differently and I believe there are countless Sawako's fan out that can kick this few Kurumi's fan any day. And I believe it does take a lot to win us over, I am sure.
SivaJan 21, 2010 1:20 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 21, 2010 1:44 PM
Nov 2008
ellette said:

Everything is fair in love and war. Or whatever the phrase is in English :D. Yeah she was a cruel bitch but you can still like some in spite of them being a cruel bitch. Noone's perfect. I like flawed ppl:). But I liked her character from the start, and now that she is openly bitching around instead of putting on that cutie facade i like her even more.
I can't speak for those who hated her and than just came around though. They probably go with the principle of not to judge others by their past actions but by their present ones. I'd bet they'd still hate her if something went wrong because of her though (rumors still flying, Sawako in pain, Kazehaya starting to hate Sawako or whatever).
Jan 21, 2010 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
Well, they are both can be catty but as a character I dislike Ami. She is just not honest with her feeling while Kurumi is different.

Oh and they better not left Kurumi in the dark corner at all.

Really? I feel like they're the same. Ami noticed Ryuuji's feelings before even he noticed them. That's why she was such a bitch to him, and mop head (what's her face with the red hair). She saw everyone's feelings for Ryuuji, knew Ryuuji liked Taiga, and was just constantly frustrated at all the inaction. It was futile for her to confess, but at the same time she saw mop head...Minor, that's it...try to deny those feelings and act as though they didn't exist.

She was the only person to see everyone for what they were, and that's why I liked her so much.
Jan 21, 2010 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
Haha, loved the visual scene where the head of Pin drops on Kurumi.
Best scene of the episode, haha.
Jan 21, 2010 3:22 PM

Jun 2009
oh gosh, This anime makes me so happy/emotional when i watch it! <3
Jan 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
I still hate Kurumi. I just feel a tiny bit of pity toward her now is all.

But oh my god could Kazehaya get any cuter?
Jan 21, 2010 5:12 PM

Jan 2010
So this is the end of the arc huh? Can't wait for the next one ^^. This series has been consistently good so far, so no worries for the rest of it! I also find that after watching each episode it leaves me feeling happy, which I believe is the mark of an excellent anime!
And I like all of the the main characters, as they each have deep backgrounds and great characterization.
Jan 21, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh, Kazehaya is so cute. I totally knew he would say that when he rejected Kurumi. I want some Kazehaya x Sawako soon.
Jan 21, 2010 8:51 PM

May 2009
Amazzzzzing episode. Sawako was mega cute in this one.
Jan 21, 2010 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
Finally the sports arc is over and Kazehaya can finally confess!

Jan 22, 2010 12:57 AM

Oct 2008
That last scene was so goddamn cute I had to re-watch three times.

Kazehaya I love you~~ XD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 13, 2009

324 by Sasha08 »»
May 26, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

211 by biuberry »»
May 7, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 6, 2009

381 by charmingmaan »»
Apr 27, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

171 by 068 »»
Apr 27, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.