Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 29, 3:54 PM
Jan 2024
season 3 will have 24 episodes?
Feb 29, 4:10 PM

Aug 2011
The did the story right but not the sound design and some of the animations. I don't care how long OPM S3 takes as long it's decent enough.
Feb 29, 4:23 PM
May 2022
Reply to xZabuzax
@Dan_ALves OPM S2 doesn't have horrible animation or anything, it's actually decent and gets the job done, compared to plenty of animes out there OPM S2 is way better in terms of animation.

That being said, I have to agree, the biggest issue of OPM S2 is OPM S1 since it set the standards way too high and S2 looked like shit in comparison. At best S3 will look like S2 which is decent and maybe even above average, but they both still look like shit compared to S1.
@xZabuzax Exactly. When I watched S2, I had already heard about the complaints, so I went in with reservations. Turns it was fine. IT wasn´t amazing, but like you said, it got the job done well enough. Then I heard that when JC Staff got that anime, they were overwhelmed with shows, so the schedule was a nightmare. So if that was the best they can do with little to no time, maybe with a normal work schedule they can pull off better stuff. Just the teaser they released looks better than anything in S2.
It makes me angry, for a lack of a better word, that the show has just been announced and it´s already being shitted on.
Feb 29, 4:43 PM
Jul 2021
i guess the rumors of jc staff passing opm away wasn't true.
Feb 29, 4:48 PM

Aug 2017
I agree that JC staff did an excellent job with S2. It's enjoyable entertaining spectacular what more can I say? haa
Feb 29, 4:49 PM
Nov 2020
the content covered in season two is much better, which is why it was so disappointing. every fight looked the exact same and the animation style overall wasn’t as dynamic and didn’t fit opm’s vibe. it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t nearly as good as it could have been.
Feb 29, 4:56 PM

Dec 2016
They did an ok job but was not worth the wait as an anime only fan of the series
Feb 29, 4:57 PM
Apr 2016
Madhouse, one of the top anime studios, sets S1 in a very high standard. That's why some think S2 is bad but for me it's actually pretty standard or above average even, compared to other similar genre anime that's made by a mid anime studios and for me that's enough.
Feb 29, 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
Season 1 didn't have the best story but it's got badass fight scenes. Season 2 was very lackluster when it comes to animation compared to season 1 with generic sound effects here and there.

Since JC Staff is animating this yet again I won't get my hopes up.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Feb 29, 5:15 PM
Jul 2019
Hachii13 said:
@WalterBlack59
You call the studio who did a works such as Food wars, Danmachi, Toradora, Saiki kusuo, Sakurasou no Pet, Toaru Index/Railgun, Bakuman.. one of the worst studios?

Those adaptations range from mid to terrible so yeah this studio is ass
Feb 29, 5:37 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Leon888
@Peenutz Season 2 was by no means a season of great animation or great talent, but just a mediocre season that didn't do justice to the original product. Also what happened in season 2 is nothing compared to what will happen in season 3, expect another poorly made season
@Leon888 the animation was definitely above average for an action show. Your definition of mediocre seems to be skewed by shows like csm and jjk. Those aren’t the standard. Opm s2 while nowhere near s1 featured names like Kenichiro Aoki(he animated in every single episode btw, absolute beast), yoshimichi kameda(one of the best animators on s1), yen bm(animated some of the best one piece cuts), rioo(strong animator from stuff like black clover), and even Julian Bentley(animating great stuff on castlevania). While it wasn’t the greatest display of animation, it had a few good-great cuts an episode. It suffered from a lack of time, not talent. And now that s3 will have more time, I’d say the chances of it being a sizable step up are high. Especially with 2 new CDs helping out the previous one with corrections which we saw in the pv, and the potential of a very strong director that currently is being hidden
Feb 29, 5:51 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
Leon888 said:
@Anime_Skaddiel How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation?

Dude s2's animation is way above an average anime would get. Obviously most shows would pale in comparison with s1 which was once in a lifetime production. Not even your beloved Madhouse can do another s1, at max you'll get overlord s3
@Anime_Skaddiel If the project had been offered to Yuuichirou Fukushi again in Madhouse, there would at least be a chance that they would reach the level of S1
Why? Some of the S1 staff have met in Fukushi productions before and after OPM
Feb 29, 6:19 PM
Jul 2021
Grardox said:
@Anime_Skaddiel If the project had been offered to Yuuichirou Fukushi again in Madhouse, there would at least be a chance that they would reach the level of S1

It would be impossible for Fukushi too. The main pillars of s1, Natsume is not available. Norifumi Kugai is on Strange Fake, Yoshimichi Kameda is on Dandadan. Other than that ,main animators like K1RO, Toshiyuki Sato, Arifumi Imai, Gosei Oda are not available too.
Feb 29, 6:31 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to Leon888
@Zimzky Look at Fate unlimited blade works (ufotable), Vivy (Wit), Fire force (David Production) and Mob pshyco 100 (Bones) all well animated anime that have nothing to envy of opm season 1, to say that there are no studios capable to replicate season 1 seems excessive beyond belief
@Leon888 OPM is way harder to adapt especially the upcoming stuff idk if any studio can do it justice maybe toei or ufotable thats it
Feb 29, 6:32 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
Grardox said:

It would be impossible for Fukushi too. The main pillars of s1, Natsume is not available. Norifumi Kugai is on Strange Fake, Yoshimichi Kameda is on Dandadan. Other than that ,main animators like K1RO, Toshiyuki Sato, Arifumi Imai, Gosei Oda are not available too.
@Anime_Skaddiel what happened to imai he stil with wit?
Feb 29, 8:42 PM
Jul 2023
I thought it was really good, even the metal bat stuff was done nicely.
ended kind of quickly but you can only draw out saitama one punching something so much so it was still fine
Feb 29, 9:26 PM
Sep 2021
Madhouse did a great job with S1 and J.C.Staff did a good job with S2, atleast I'm satisfied cuz I got to watch an Anime Adaptation since I don't read manga...
Feb 29, 9:29 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Hachii13
@WalterBlack59
You call the studio who did a works such as Food wars, Danmachi, Toradora, Saiki kusuo, Sakurasou no Pet, Toaru Index/Railgun, Bakuman.. one of the worst studios?
@Hachii13 jc staff did a trash job with opm s2 but they do good other animes like slice of life. They just suck with action shows. they should stick to slice of lifes.
Feb 29, 10:18 PM
Oct 2021
La segunda temporada de one punch man es una mierda no entiendo por qué jc staff está acargo será otra basura más y terminará de enterrar este hermoso manga que asco
Feb 29, 10:45 PM
Jun 2020
Leon888 said:
@treejoh How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation? Also what happened in season 2 is nothing compared to what will happen in season 3, expect another poorly made season

I didn’t say they did a great job, I said they did a fine one. It was absolutely a step down from S1 but it wasn’t anywhere near terrible. Most of the fandom doesn’t think that just the loud idiots that don’t know anything about animation
Feb 29, 11:45 PM
Jul 2021
saravanavsk said:
@Anime_Skaddiel what happened to imai he stil with wit?

don't know. He made it clear that it's getting hard to work with WiT.
Mar 1, 12:25 AM
Feb 2023
Peenutz said:
@Leon888 the animation was definitely above average for an action show. Your definition of mediocre seems to be skewed by shows like csm and jjk. Those aren’t the standard. Opm s2 while nowhere near s1 featured names like Kenichiro Aoki(he animated in every single episode btw, absolute beast), yoshimichi kameda(one of the best animators on s1), yen bm(animated some of the best one piece cuts), rioo(strong animator from stuff like black clover), and even Julian Bentley(animating great stuff on castlevania). While it wasn’t the greatest display of animation, it had a few good-great cuts an episode. It suffered from a lack of time, not talent. And now that s3 will have more time, I’d say the chances of it being a sizable step up are high. Especially with 2 new CDs helping out the previous one with corrections which we saw in the pv, and the potential of a very strong director that currently is being hidden

Dude OPM S3 fights put JJK S2 fights to shame and I amnot even kidding with how much scale, hype and good OPM next arc will be. So ofcourse people would be disappointed with how mid animated S2 was
Mar 1, 12:52 AM
Jan 2022
I personally really liked it
Mar 1, 9:06 AM
Mar 2019
R77Prodigy said:
whole season was very weak dont recall for certain but they also used reused animation. season 1 slams s2 by a country mile.

they literally look the same
Mar 1, 9:24 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to Hachii13
@WalterBlack59
@Hachii13
Slice of life animes with lots of stills and without proper action. OPM is not a slice of life anime, it's packed with action which seemed clearly their weakness.

S3's action sequences won't even come close to S2's. We are talking about astronomic highs. Murata and One created a product that even high quality action anime studios couldn't keep up, and you are hoping this mid slice of life studio which fucked up season 2 tremendously to clutch.

Good luck.
Mar 1, 1:19 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Not much they could do since that arc is very weak even in the manga.
The TV animation was pretty bad. They fixed it in the bluray release, but most people here only watched the TV and rated the season poorly because of that.
I enjoyed S2 personally, not as much as S1 but it was decent. Garou's voice actor carries S2 really hard. The centipede being 3DCGI is very lame and it looked bad.
Mar 1, 6:32 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to treejoh
Given the circumstances they did a fine job. S1 was just an extreme outlier in terms of animation quality so it makes S2 seem way worse in comparison but it’s by no means bad imo. S3 should be in a better situation so I’m looking forward to it
@treejoh This. Its just that the story kinda relies on its impact frames to amaze people. For the manga, too. But this is coming from someone who didnt give 2 shits about ONE's story until Murata adapted it.
Keep scrolling
Mar 1, 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
As someone who was an anime only viewer back then, I had fun while watching Season 2. It wasn't a sakugafest like the first season, but it doesn't mean its animation was as bad as many claim it was. It was actually decent, even if there were some scenes featuring reused animation, or visibly underwhelming looking sequences. But still, decent animation prevailed in this show. It was above average and there were many other action-centered anime released during the anime season in which OPM Season 2 had its premiere with worse production quality.

I remember I liked more Season 2 than Season 1 in terms of direction. It was smooth and offered consistency. I'm not saying that Season 1 was bad in this aspect, because it wasn't. It wad really good. I just enjoyed more the way of handling the story and all types of scenes (slower, faster, mixed) in Season 2, that's all.

What's more, the story felt more pleasant to track in the second season, but putting this totally subjective argument aside, I think the second season created by J.C. Staff was a solid one.

While I'm still an anime only, and I don't plan to read the manga, I'm aware there were scenes and lines of dialogues that were left unadapted or were adapted by significantly shortening them. It happens in the creation process of any show, not only anime. I didn't feel confused even for a moment, but I admit that having a little more explanation of some extensions would have been mostly welcome. Though judging the anime as it was, it wasn't half bad and still holds up even if going by today's standards.

In my opinion, J.C. Staff did a solid work and released a good looking second season od OPM that was enjoyable to watch.
Mar 1, 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Mando727
Absolutely. The animation was above average with some great-amazing moments.

It was inconsistent for sure, and with many flaws. But most anime are exactly like that, while also not being able to achieve the same highs that OPM season 2 had.

The problem is, that season 1 is one of the most well animated tv series of all time. There was no chance of living up to that whatsoever, especially since the production schedule for season 2 was so shit.
@Mando727 Agreed. Season 1 set the bar really high and there were a lot of people expecting either the same, or better looking show, forgetting how special was the production process of the first season. Ace artists working on it, offering movie quality in every episode... Even today, after all those years, it still looks very impressive and even if it had been released in 2023 or 2024, it would've been praised for its visuals.

Expecting Season 2 to be equally good looking as Season 1, or even topping it, was surely a cute expectation, but with very small chances to become reality in the end. And even then, the second season's animation quality was very good in many scenes, and alright in those that weren't that much impressive.

So yeah, not as good as Season 1, not close to something eligible to be called as sakugafest, but still a piece of well animated show. I like the video you can check out down below. It has an in-depth analysis on why OPM S2's animation is actually good.

Mar 1, 7:45 PM
Jul 2021
Zimzky said:
Merve2Love said:
Noone. Cause they didn't.
They didn't in comparison to the first season and CGI was not why the Animation was bad.

No studio in the world could ever live up to season 1. The team was stacked and they all left after season 1 was done to do different stuff Even if Madhouse did season 2 it would still be nowhere close to the same quality.

Dude you're so fu**ing wrong. You don't know how talented animators are. If Fans were patient and the production committee had a brain, s3 would have gotten an amazing team. I'm still glad that it's JC staff, If it was Deen/some no name studio I would've been pissed.
Mar 1, 9:47 PM
Oct 2021
La S2 es una mierda nada más que decir
La S3 será igual de mierda
buenas noches
Mar 1, 10:16 PM
Feb 2021
The amount of time Jc staff were given to animate opm S2 I'd they did well but it could be better and that's what I'll expected for the 3rd season. S1 animation quality is so high in production it does make the comparison to S2 makes a huge gap of difference.

J.C staff, let them cook
Mar 2, 12:47 AM

Aug 2020
No they didn't. Neither was it the worst sequel ever.
Mar 2, 1:56 AM

Oct 2021
I disagree. However I think that they will do a better job with S3, but Madhouse is still the better studio.
Mar 2, 5:58 AM
Dec 2015
I enjoyed S2 more than 1. The old timey filter and softer colours they apply on S2 makes the viewing really pleasant. Sinilar to Mob Psycho. Plus the story was far superior. I'm glad J.C is back.
Mar 2, 6:03 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to deg
compared to season 1 its bad
@deg you're the bad lmao
Mar 2, 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to todd2580
@deg you're the bad lmao
@todd2580 oh its you again the time is more important than talent guy *yawn*
Mar 2, 8:03 AM

May 2021
Its not as bad as people say it is. However, it is a step down from S1 for sure
Mar 5, 2:42 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Peenutz
@Peenutz But who cares if JJk and chainsaw man are not the standard (which are anime that I didn't even mention, lol), I like to see things done well and opmS2 wasn't done well at all, apart from the fact that even the director of the Season 1 criticized season 2, lol, I don't understand how you can defend a poorly made season? We're not talking about the rubbish isekai of the moment, we're talking about One Punch man, it seems clear to me that it needs high level animations and excellent direction... also what does it mean that they had more time for S3? Do you know that S2 was nothing to animate compared to what will happen in S3? Here we needed a strong team and a studio capable of carrying on its shoulders this great project like Bones, Jc staff will already be a lot if they do a mediocre job (and their pv didn't convince me at all, they can't convey Garo's movements well)
Mar 5, 2:43 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
Leon888 said:
@Anime_Skaddiel How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation?

Dude s2's animation is way above an average anime would get. Obviously most shows would pale in comparison with s1 which was once in a lifetime production. Not even your beloved Madhouse can do another s1, at max you'll get overlord s3
@Anime_Skaddiel What's this bullshit? In fact, Frieren is very poorly animated 🤣
Mar 5, 2:51 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to treejoh
Leon888 said:
@treejoh How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation? Also what happened in season 2 is nothing compared to what will happen in season 3, expect another poorly made season

I didn’t say they did a great job, I said they did a fine one. It was absolutely a step down from S1 but it wasn’t anywhere near terrible. Most of the fandom doesn’t think that just the loud idiots that don’t know anything about animation
@treejoh Nobody here seems to know anything about animation, seeing as they defend Jc Staff's terrible work with opmS2, lol
Mar 5, 3:00 AM
Jun 2020
Leon888 said:
@treejoh Nobody here seems to know anything about animation, seeing as they defend Jc Staff's terrible work with opmS2, lol

I just saw your comment above this one calling Frieren poorly animated so unfortunately it seems I have fallen for your bait. Well done.
Mar 5, 3:05 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to treejoh
Leon888 said:

I just saw your comment above this one calling Frieren poorly animated so unfortunately it seems I have fallen for your bait. Well done.
@treejoh The bro doesn't know what the word "irony" means, congratulations for being so stupid 🤣
Mar 5, 3:18 AM

Jan 2022
"Who agrees that JC staff did a good job with S2?"
Me. I see no difference between season 1 & 2. It's been a while since I watched Season 1 and 2 but now I've finally watched the specials and I can confirm my opinion, everyone who thinks JC staff did a bad job is tripping.
Mar 6, 2:41 AM

May 2021
Reply to LenRea
"Who agrees that JC staff did a good job with S2?"
Me. I see no difference between season 1 & 2. It's been a while since I watched Season 1 and 2 but now I've finally watched the specials and I can confirm my opinion, everyone who thinks JC staff did a bad job is tripping.
@LenRea There is a light years difference between thinking that season 1,2 had the same quality of animation & was satisficed with JC staff job with season 2 . This is not an opinion or me trying to degrade you when I say that you must have some serious problems with your eyes if you really think season 1 had not difference with season 2 . You are becoming worse than the people you are attacking right now .
YubisoftMar 6, 2:44 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 6, 8:05 AM

Aug 2018
The fact people mention animation has the main factor of OPM decrease in quality in its second season absolutely baffles me. I might even say animation was actually one of the better aspect of season 2 but everything else was unbearable garbage and it's one of the most incompetent script I've ever had to witness.
Second's season pacing and tone is all over the place, it goes from serious seinen drama to early 2000's shonen comedy without any transition whatsoever. It switches frenetically inbetween scenes and characters to shove as many retarded jokes as possible, starts of entirely dedicated to King, then goes to Garou, then goes to Fubuki, back to Saitama and Genos shenanigans, then other heroes doing random shit, then villain preparing their plans then back to Garou in solo, everything amounting to complete a mess feeling more like going around doing side quests in a RPG rather than following a single narrative.

Main trouble going on in second season I think as well is its fucking BLOATED cast of characters, introducing 2 probably 3 main antagonistq for a single arc which obviously wouldn't have led to any conclusion in a 12ep cour as it did. First is Orochi which is basically teased as another Boros sending goons to do bullshit but does not serve any purpose, second is Garou, arguably only real antagonist of this season but also one of the most badly executed good concept I've seen, treated as both a joke and a threat without any nuance whatsoever, and last and SURELY least Suiryu, complete parody of a rival character with the most predictable outcome possible, also only relevant for like 3 episodes. All of this without mentionning the ENDLESS amount of monster goons and side heroes given a spotlight for no reason and with some of them having weirdly way more screentime than they should compared to the little but compelling screentime they got in season1, referring to the likes of Metal Bat and Sweet Mask.

Plot basically goes nowhere, starts of as a comedy slice-of-life intersected with the most basic action shonen bad guy sequences, then suddenly a tournament arc which Saitama takes part in as if the joke wasn't already over the first second we realized how obvious the outcome would be, tournament arc with the most boring convoluted fights imaginable btw, and finally and All-Out-War bad guy invasion arc similar to Naruto's Pain Arc or DBZ Cyborg Saga. This amalgation of different subplots, character arcs and action scenes overall leads to a complete loss of every core themes in OPM first season. I wouldn't say OPM was supposed to be a "deconstruction" of the shonen tropes, I'd rather think it was more of a "celebration" of shonen tropes, all of that packaged in an very clever parody which would never fall in any of the clichés shonen usually have.
Season Two on the other hand is an absolute joke, as I said it has everything medicore shonen arcs possess and even more, bloated cast of characters without enough time given to anyone to flesh them out, action scenes only for the purpose of action scenes even if it's just to see pathetic goons get demolished, bad guys with sad backstories overtaking the entire runime, an absurd romance subplot ??? thrown into the mixture and obviously the most abborhent pacing reminscing of the darkest hours of long running shonen jump mangas.

I could honestly rant for hours how fucking dogshit this season 2 is and how much I have not a single hope this third season to be good, don't think I will even bother to watch it, feel free to argue because I already got annoyed by writing this much about such pointless garbage.
James-LastOmnicMar 6, 8:10 AM
Mar 6, 10:45 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@LenRea There is a light years difference between thinking that season 1,2 had the same quality of animation & was satisficed with JC staff job with season 2 . This is not an opinion or me trying to degrade you when I say that you must have some serious problems with your eyes if you really think season 1 had not difference with season 2 . You are becoming worse than the people you are attacking right now .
@Yubisoft you're nitpicking, there are some questionable decisions in the animation department when it comes to the season 2 specials, some use of bad CGI and such. But in general there's literally no drop in the overall quality, you still get the intended experience. But I'm only talking about the specials because I've only watched those recently, it's been years since I've watched the actual season 2 so maybe there are more bad CGI and such in there and I'd have to rewatch it to understand, so maybe you're right. But I highly suspect you're tripping and there's no actual drop in quality.
Mar 7, 11:23 AM
Apr 2009
Nope, the Quality and Feeling of OPM went from an 11/10 to a 6/10. They were apparently rushed to all hell for S2 so in that sense they might have done a good job
Mar 7, 8:11 PM
Oct 2021
La S2 es una mierda así como a ser la S2 igual mierda
un asco
mismo estudio la misma mierda nada cambia
Mar 8, 6:41 AM

Aug 2012
I think season 2 looks fine actually and that people are exagerating.
But the season 3 trailer worries me cuz it looks kinda worse haha
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» JC Staff again? ( 1 2 )

Luuji222 - Aug 9

57 by ryzxgum »»
Oct 17, 4:55 PM

» Can this season cover the Saitama vs cosmic garou fight?

Hickykissy - Aug 1

19 by STSayeb »»
Oct 9, 3:57 PM

» Hero Visual #08 - Child Emperor

OvergrownRover - Oct 3

6 by deg »»
Oct 4, 7:29 AM

» Don't expect anything from J.C. Staff ( 1 2 )

This_is_Rahat - Feb 29

84 by Juanj0715 »»
Oct 3, 10:58 PM

» Hero Visual #07 — Atomic Samurai

OvergrownRover - Sep 5

13 by Kevin_28 »»
Sep 7, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.