Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2023 11:30 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to v_kled
Dhx379 said:
@v_kled a woman who expects to be married one day should absolutely only have sex if she loves that man, in fact it should only be with her husband or guys that she has dated for a while and is sure that they will get married one day. No man who isn't a cuckold and has self respect will marry a woman who has sex with strangers for fun.

in other way, if a man want to marry, he only have sex if he love too? or this only work for woman?
@v_kled Yes, he should, and that would be prioritized much more if women refused to marry guys who slept around a bunch as well.
Oct 8, 2023 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to v_kled
Dhx379 said:
@v_kled a woman who expects to be married one day should absolutely only have sex if she loves that man, in fact it should only be with her husband or guys that she has dated for a while and is sure that they will get married one day. No man who isn't a cuckold and has self respect will marry a woman who has sex with strangers for fun.

in other way, if a man want to marry, he only have sex if he love too? or this only work for woman?
@v_kled Ngl, I would LOVE to see women shame f*ckboys for their lack of morals and self-control, but they almost never do, they shame inexperienced men instead. Some of these women get exactly what they deserve.
Oct 8, 2023 11:39 AM
Apr 2023
Dhx379 said:
@v_kled Yes, he should, and that would be prioritized much more if women refused to marry guys who slept around a bunch as well.

I think you have a different worldview than mine.i think you can have fun before you love someone. if you know the people you love, don't have any importance if she had previous experiences. I think it's more important that the ideal matches than whether she had sex with other guys in the past.
Oct 8, 2023 11:41 AM
Feb 2023
wow, this is the most incel thread I've ever seen on this site.
Oct 8, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to v_kled
Dhx379 said:

I think you have a different worldview than mine.i think you can have fun before you love someone. if you know the people you love, don't have any importance if she had previous experiences. I think it's more important that the ideal matches than whether she had sex with other guys in the past.
@v_kled well there's a ton of western women who had their fun when they were young and are looking to settle down, feel free to go for one of them. Might want to ask yourself why there are so many that just can't seem to find a good man though.
Oct 8, 2023 11:49 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Puppytay
wow, this is the most incel thread I've ever seen on this site.
@Puppytay if having a standard to not date women with high counts make people incels, does that make women who want tall men femcels?
Oct 8, 2023 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to v_kled
Dhx379 said:

@v_kled It's because that "fun" comes at a heavy cost, the more sex with other people she has the more she discards the ability to love and appreciate a single partner for the rest of her life. There are tons of studies on this, the more sexual partners a woman has the less she can pair bond with someone and the chances of her getting a divorce skyrockets.

And above all, love and relationships shouldn't be treated as disposable commodities. That shows lack of morals, and I don't want to take someone like that seriously. Someone with positive family values from the start, that's the ideal woman.
Oct 8, 2023 12:02 PM
Apr 2023
Leonhart93 said:
@v_kled It's because that "fun" comes at a heavy cost, the more sex with other people she has the more she discards the ability to love and appreciate a single partner for the rest of her life. There are tons of studies on this, the more sexual partners a woman has the less she can pair bond with someone and the chances of her getting a divorce skyrockets.

And above all, love and relationships shouldn't be treated as disposable commodities. That shows lack of morals, and I don't want to take someone like that seriously. Someone with positive family values from the start, that's the ideal woman.

if I was a girl and get married with a guy like you, probably I would want a divorce independent how many boyfriend I would have.
Oct 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to v_kled
Leonhart93 said:

if I was a girl and get married with a guy like you, probably I would want a divorce independent how many boyfriend I would have.
@v_kled Shaming a man for his standards and boundaries? That's a woman's tactic. They are the only ones that seem completely incapable of understanding why guys have a problem with promiscuity. But men won't change their standards and morals because of some shaming, it only makes you look like you lost completely.

So would you also shame a modest girl for not wanting to tolerate the f*ckboy? That's the functional equivalent.
Leonhart93Oct 8, 2023 12:12 PM
Oct 8, 2023 12:39 PM
Jul 2023
Bro this is a throwaway account, OP joined MAL today, what a fucking wimp.
Oct 8, 2023 1:17 PM

Apr 2023
KEEP PREACHING BROTHER!!!!
Oct 8, 2023 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
@EyeAmTheI Not sure why you wrote paragraphs for this, it's not like you can convince someone to change their standards and boundaries with just words. You also jumped to a lot of conclusions. What I am saying is that I will not take seriously any woman that moves like that through life and relationships. If she doesn't know what she wants from relationships, and is ok with objectifying herself to guys that only want sex from her, then I won't be the one to take her seriously.

The part where they are like "I had my fun, now I am ready to settle down" especially disgusts me. It's like they expect that everything they did in their past will be conveniently forgotten and the fool that would put a ring on it will accept anything.

And like I said to someone else, if a decent girl didn't wanted anything to do with the f*ckboy for the same reason, would you also convince her that it doesn't matter and she should ignore his past? 💀
Oct 8, 2023 1:41 PM

Sep 2021
Leonhart93 said:
@EyeAmTheI Not sure why you wrote paragraphs for this, it's not like you can convince someone to change their standards and boundaries with just words. You also jumped to a lot of conclusions. What I am saying is that I will not take seriously any woman that moves like that through life and relationships. If she doesn't know what she wants from relationships, and is ok with objectifying herself to guys that only want sex from her, then I won't be the one to take her seriously.

The part where they are like "I had my fun, now I am ready to settle down" especially disgusts me. It's like they expect that everything they did in their past will be conveniently forgotten and the fool that would put a ring on it will accept anything.

And like I said to someone else, if a decent girl didn't wanted anything to do with the f*ckboy for the same reason, would you also convince her that it doesn't matter and she should ignore his past? 💀

Keep on Preaching Brother!!! These Slut defenders will stay mad forever.
Furuhashi1Oct 8, 2023 1:45 PM
Oct 8, 2023 1:51 PM

Sep 2018
When the whole town goes through her, it may be best to catch the signs and leave for some milk. Imagine if the mc was a raising another mans son. Absolutely brutal. Lol
You can pound the town bicycle, but you never commit.
rohan121Oct 8, 2023 1:55 PM
Oct 8, 2023 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to rohan121
When the whole town goes through her, it may be best to catch the signs and leave for some milk. Imagine if the mc was a raising another mans son. Absolutely brutal. Lol
You can pound the town bicycle, but you never commit.
@rohan121 This, that's one brutal fact of life here, I shudder to think how many men unknowingly raise other men's children thinking they are their own, just because they ignored slutty behavior and bought into the lie that "it's normal" to behave like that. That has to be the biggest L for a man there is, infidelity + lies 💀
Oct 8, 2023 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
@EyeAmTheI Okay, I will not deny your good feelings. But hopefully I won't meet anyone like that, I don't want to have a massive cognitive dissonance. I want someone that I can be proud of completely, without having to doubt the things she is saying because of her past actions indicate something completely different. And I am not young either you know, I have seen my fair share to know how things go, there is always a reason why someone holds strong beliefs.

And above all else I hate the type of society that just pushes all kinds of destructive things as part of an agenda. There is a reason why the family unit is completely destroyed nowadays in the west. The only way to prevent that is by having morals.
Leonhart93Oct 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 8, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
@EyeAmTheI I don't hold the opinion that you can only learn through mistakes. Too many mistakes makes a vice and a vice can destroy one's life. You can also look at others to learn what's bad, and we do have a LOT of bad examples to learn from. Like I don't need to try out drugs to learn that they are bad.
Just not too long ago, the girl brought the guy to her father to evaluate him, because the father would be able to smell BS from a guy much easier. There was no need for the girl to "learn" by trying out 10-20 dudes when she has no idea what to look for, until she gets into her 30s and says "where have all the good men gone?". Or has kids with someone that doesn't care.

But I do agree with you that single women in their 30s are often far from ideal since they are what's left after the type of life we discussed. A product of our current society, and according to the statistics there's an explosion of them compared to the past. But I don't necessarily plan to go for someone of my age. Luckily women seem to overwhelmingly prefer men that are at least a few years older than them.
Leonhart93Oct 8, 2023 4:47 PM
Oct 8, 2023 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
EyeAmTheI said:
In our age (although, I'm few years older than you), we can only find divorced mothers, or the desperate leftovers.
Was it really necessary to word it in such emotional and full of misogyny way? I saw you earlier preaching about how men with standards are insecure losers, and how pointing out social pathologies (also depicted in the show we are discussing about) was a sign of male fragility, but just few posts later you have shared one the worst sounding opinion on women from all posts written in this subject.

"Divorced mothers" worded as if every divorced woman with a kid was the reason of her divorce, and/or didn't have right to form a normal and wholesome relationship later on. So people not fond of Runa Shirakawa's loose-living lifestyle were insecure and toxic for pointing it out and calling it by name, but it's okay to indirectly thrash women who might've been just unlucky in life?

"Desperate leftovers"? Are you into objectifying women, or just feel satisfied to shame women that, for whatever reason, haven't succeeded in the field of their romantic life during their youth? Such phrasing is even more misogynistic than "used goods" that OP has used in this thread's name.

I don't know what to think about your posts. I hope you are just trolling. I can see it being a case after checking up some of your posts and how they are sometimes internally inconsistent. Same as calling @Leonhart93 "a lost cause" for having different opinion on the discussed matter, after wishing him all the best. That'd be better than "rationalized incelism" mixed with, apparently, salty approach to both men and women representing certain types of behaviors.

If my impression about your posts was wrong, then I apologize, of course. Although it was bizarre to see that kind of approach. Refreshing, given what has bren already told in all threads about Runa Shirakawa's past, but still somehow weird due to inconsistency of stances presented in your post. If I misinterpreted them, then I apologize as well.
Oct 8, 2023 5:39 PM

Apr 2014
EyeAmTheI said:
Some people never learn. That's a fact. Regardless, let the young make some mistakes, and help then after they made it, and teach them how to prevent it next time. Not to mention in a comment you cannot give a real advice, you can only say some generic stuff, which doesn't teach them the nuances, it just makes them afraid of everything.

@EyeAmTheI Yes, it seems we do agree on some things, this is the reason for why I like women that didn't live their whole life like it was a giant mistake. Particularly those that are family oriented from the start, I can distinguish them rather quickly from their "party girl" counter type. And I was also careful to not make any mistakes that would constitute a deal breaker to anyone.

Btw, regarding the drugs thing, I was never tempted. I didn't even wanted to try drinking and smoking, I grew up surrounded by bad examples in those areas, which was enough experience for me. This type of view prevents most mistakes. That's why I can still hope that there are still good women out there that grew up knowing quite well what they should and shouldn't do.
Oct 8, 2023 5:43 PM
May 2022
HappinessAlways said:
Can one really be happy with someone who was already used by other people?

No matter how innocent a girl is if she had sex with five boys. In this relationship that you have nothing to gain but a whore . if you think you can be happy with a whore then the hole size doesn't matter 🕳️
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Oct 8, 2023 11:17 PM

Jul 2015
An absolute neckbeard thread.

Oct 8, 2023 11:19 PM

Jul 2015
Leonhart93 said:

Are we still talking about this anime here or we going full Andrew Tate mode with real life issues?
Just asking.

Oct 8, 2023 11:24 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to Dhx379
https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/ke5fj/

Results: The relationship between premarital sex and divorce is highly significant and robust. Compared to people with no premarital partners other than eventual spouses, those with six or more partners exhibit the highest divorce risk, followed by those with one to two partners. There is no evidence of gender differences.

Considering half of marriages end in divorce and 80% of divorces are initiated by women at least in the US, there's good reason to not want to marry someone with a high count.
@Dhx379 People fail to understand that the issue isn’t about her not being a virgin but rather her being a delusional idiot. It’s crazy how she hasn’t learned from her past experiences that what she was doing was the wrong way to go about things. Granted she was used by bad guys, but her fault lies in not knowing better after such experiences.
Anyway, that high of a body count at such a young age is an obvious red flag for most guys who want a legitimate relationship. I know this is just an anime tho, so there’s no need for some people to get triggered. Just ignore this and go watch something better for you.
Oct 8, 2023 11:28 PM

Jan 2020
@EyeAmTheI Holy crap, no need to be ageist there. People have different life experiences. Stuff happens and some people aren’t ready for a relationship until later in life. Just because someone is in their 30s when they’re in a new relationship doesn’t mean they can’t love each other as some 20 year olds do.
Oct 9, 2023 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Piromysl
Leonhart93 said:

Are we still talking about this anime here or we going full Andrew Tate mode with real life issues?
Just asking.
@Piromysl This was never a discussion about just the anime though. Everyone has strong opinions about this exactly because it's a frightening parallel to what happens IRL right now. I personally don't want to be tolerant to it anymore, this is the result of what happens when you are too tolerant and allow really bad advice towards young people to circulate for the past 20 years.
Oct 9, 2023 4:36 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Moppit
Rinrinka said:
I didn't know the absence of fictional hymen from a fictional girl could trigger many people.

Apparently this is the latest fad to hate on. Once it becomes uncool to dislike anymore it will go away. Most people won't know why they didn't like it at the end. Only because certain number of people said to
@Moppit there is a difference between a girl that is not virgin anymore because of having sex and a girl who sleep with literally everyone
Oct 9, 2023 9:54 AM
Feb 2018
Reply to Mitsurae
Leonhart93 said:
@Mitsurae Oh I LOVE the women that are nice, kind, loyal, NOT sluts. And they get even more important because there's much fewer of them around.

who cares if a woman likes to sleep with people.. doesn't mean she can't be kind and loyal and a good person. it's crazy to me that when guys sleep with loads of women it's totally fine but when women do it they're 'sluts' that aren't worth anybody's time.

either way, anyone coming for her for sleeping with boys IS ENTIRELY missing the point... its clearly said that it's what she thinks men expect in return for a relationship, isn't that the thing we should be taking issue with? that society has her thinking she doesn't even have to want it herself.... she even said that when she's with someone she's entirely loyal.. what more could you ask of someone? men want women to be easy for them until it means that she might've been easy for other people, and if someone isn't easy they're a prude. we literally can't win.
@Mitsurae bro read your first few lines and imagine your wife/sister/mother/whoever you want to imagine.
Oct 9, 2023 9:56 AM
Sep 2023
Neaow said:
@Mitsurae bro read your first few lines and imagine your wife/sister/mother/whoever you want to imagine.

what difference does that make like.....
Oct 9, 2023 10:46 AM
Feb 2018
Reply to Mitsurae
Neaow said:

what difference does that make like.....
@Mitsurae " who cares if a woman likes to sleep with people...doesn't mean she can't be kind and loyal and a good person. "

a̶ w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ 👉 my ...
(Also, the word loyal doesn't fit well with folks who goes around sleeping with different peoples)

That's depressing bro.
NeaowOct 9, 2023 10:49 AM
Oct 9, 2023 10:56 AM
Sep 2023
Neaow said:
@Mitsurae " who cares if a woman likes to sleep with people...doesn't mean she can't be kind and loyal and a good person. "

a̶ w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ 👉 my ...
(Also, the word loyal doesn't fit well with folks who goes around sleeping with different peoples)

That's depressing bro.

like i said ... who cares 💀 who people sleep with is absolutely none of my damn buisness as long as they're safe and happy. might want to rethink why it bothers *you* so much
Oct 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
EyeAmTheI said:
Anyway, I didn't plan to go full "ageist", but as you can see Adnash misinterpreted what I have said, so I kinda had to.
I appreciate the response from before (apologies for not quoting it fully - due to that new forum view feature I decided to just quote shorter post to not clog the whole thread), but I also would like to point out that you didn't have to go "ageist" to explain your stance. Heck, you could word it without any problem in a way me and few other folks wouldn't find as too ambiguous. That would surely prevent misinterpretations or understatements from occurring in the conversation. Sadly, people don't have magic powers to foretell what the other party wanted to convey without being given any reasonable hints. And situations like that can lead to misunderstandings.

Oh well, but whatever. We've clarified our points of views, so no need to continue this convo, I guess.
Oct 9, 2023 2:52 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Leonhart93
Few factors at play, her case is especially bad since she is around 16 and she probably had 5+ guys to which she offered sex right away. For a normal guy his primal instincts of aversion would kick in indicating this kind of girl is really bad news from the future, predicting infidelity and other kind of emotional damage.
That kind of primal instinct is very normal, it warns that investing feelings and resources in such a woman would end badly.

But since this is an anime then I am sure the girl will regret it forever and everything will magically work out. Don't make the mistake thinking that's how it goes IRL.
@Leonhart93 There are a ton of guys that are suffering from deep loneliness and may have limited options. For they may be studying or working in something like cs/engineering where there are very few women around. Not to mention not all guys get equal treatment. So if a girl like Runa that is willing to go out with them, let alone give him s*x no shit will they jump if they had the opportunity.
Oct 9, 2023 3:01 PM
Sep 2023
Speaking of anime and fiction, it is very bad that a character is being minimized to just their sexual experiences. If you have read the novel/manga you will know that both Runa and the relationship have more to contribute beyond the sexual.

As for those who are projecting the anime into reality, what can I tell you, even worse. Relationships are not about "instincts" or "the number of sexual partners." Loving relationships are based on decisions, in this case the MC made the decision to decline sex to work first on their relationship as a couple. Having stability both emotionally and with your partner should come first before even thinking about how many guys she slept with before you. If your biggest concern is the number of sexual partners your partner has had, that says more about you than it does about your partner.
Oct 9, 2023 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Chuy_diazz
Speaking of anime and fiction, it is very bad that a character is being minimized to just their sexual experiences. If you have read the novel/manga you will know that both Runa and the relationship have more to contribute beyond the sexual.

As for those who are projecting the anime into reality, what can I tell you, even worse. Relationships are not about "instincts" or "the number of sexual partners." Loving relationships are based on decisions, in this case the MC made the decision to decline sex to work first on their relationship as a couple. Having stability both emotionally and with your partner should come first before even thinking about how many guys she slept with before you. If your biggest concern is the number of sexual partners your partner has had, that says more about you than it does about your partner.
Chuy_diazz said:
It surely is, but again, can you blame the audience for being judgmental about the controversial elements purposefully made into one of story-defining aspects?

Besides, we are talking about the anime that has had only one episode released so far. It's obvious people are gonna judge what they see, no matter how much content is left to appear. Especially if they are anime only viewers and they don't have knowledge about how the story may progress, since they are not familiar with either light novel or manga adaptation. Implying that anime will be a faithful adaptation, that is.
Oct 9, 2023 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to icefirestone23
@Leonhart93 There are a ton of guys that are suffering from deep loneliness and may have limited options. For they may be studying or working in something like cs/engineering where there are very few women around. Not to mention not all guys get equal treatment. So if a girl like Runa that is willing to go out with them, let alone give him s*x no shit will they jump if they had the opportunity.
@icefirestone23 And those guys will be hit the worst when such a girl eventually cheats on them or breaks up with them when they get bored. Since those guys have no options they will pour all their feelings into the first woman that gives them attention.
I'm 30, and I have seen her type many times. They don't regret it until they get older and don't get any more attention from men. Then they look to "settle down" with the first guy that takes them seriously, but they never forget their previous life and still might act like that.
Oct 9, 2023 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Mitsurae
Neaow said:

a̶ w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶ 👉 my ...

That's depressing bro.

like i said ... who cares 💀 who people sleep with is absolutely none of my damn buisness as long as they're safe and happy. might want to rethink why it bothers *you* so much
@Mitsurae Such actions always have deep consequences for self and those around.
For once the guys that try to get into a serious relationship with them and get destroyed when they get cheated on. Happens all the time, I have heard like 100 similar anecdotes like that. Very similar to the modest girls taking the f*ckboy seriously, same pattern.
And then those women themselves when they get to like 30-35 after having too much fun and no guy wants to marry them because of their past. Single women over that age are the largest demographic on anti-depressants currently.
Oct 9, 2023 3:49 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Adnash
Chuy_diazz said:
It surely is, but again, can you blame the audience for being judgmental about the controversial elements purposefully made into one of story-defining aspects?

Besides, we are talking about the anime that has had only one episode released so far. It's obvious people are gonna judge what they see, no matter how much content is left to appear. Especially if they are anime only viewers and they don't have knowledge about how the story may progress, since they are not familiar with either light novel or manga adaptation. Implying that anime will be a faithful adaptation, that is.
@Adnash Yes, you can judge and submit an opinion when this kind of topics are exposed to the public. But, i think you need to comprehend the message first before applying your own morals to the story.

I know most of the people talking about this anime are only anime viewers. But, this topic is not new, you can know what to expect and a least give it 3 episodes of margin before make a general statement.
Oct 9, 2023 4:18 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Leonhart93
@icefirestone23 And those guys will be hit the worst when such a girl eventually cheats on them or breaks up with them when they get bored. Since those guys have no options they will pour all their feelings into the first woman that gives them attention.
I'm 30, and I have seen her type many times. They don't regret it until they get older and don't get any more attention from men. Then they look to "settle down" with the first guy that takes them seriously, but they never forget their previous life and still might act like that.
@Leonhart93 it is going to depend on a case by case basis. But there are notable places like san francisco and seattle that are considered dating hellscapes for men. With approximately 2-4x many guys than girls in their 20s/30s.
Oct 9, 2023 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to icefirestone23
@Leonhart93 it is going to depend on a case by case basis. But there are notable places like san francisco and seattle that are considered dating hellscapes for men. With approximately 2-4x many guys than girls in their 20s/30s.
@icefirestone23 That sounds like hell indeed. A similar dynamic is on dating apps were there are 3x as many men as there are women. So most men end up getting no matches whereas most women end up having hundreds of them.
Oct 9, 2023 6:28 PM
May 2017
Can one really be happy with someone who does not know what to do at that crucial time?

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. tries to answer both questions.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 9, 2023 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
If you only love and respect women who met your arbitrary standards of worthiness, you do not actually love and respect women.

(Especially if said standards do not apply to men for some garbage reason)

I can understand the idea of judging someone based off of their prior actions, and I can certainly understand being hesitant about dating someone with a high degree of recent promiscuity. If my friends and coworkers have problems with one person, then the problem might be with said person than everyone else. Just me though.

At the same time, using terms such as "used goods" for a teenager is just gross. Just because someone is promiscuous and sex with a ton of people does not mean they are not deserving the respect of human being.

Especially since she is a teenager who may not know any fucking better than to have sex before her first paycheck, and would likely grow into someone who may desire more meaningful and long lasting relationships in the first place. To me, that aspect of growth, be it overcoming misconeptions and biases and reconcilitating our physical desires with desires for emotional intimacy is the point of the series.

....She is 16 for crying out loud. I don't like to judge women (and men) I don't know, and especially young women (and young men) who might be curious and whatnot.
PeripheralVisionOct 9, 2023 8:34 PM
Oct 9, 2023 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
every time I see this thread pop up on the right side of the forum screen it gets a chuckle out of me with that title lol.
Oct 9, 2023 9:21 PM
Oct 2011
Reply to PeripheralVision
If you only love and respect women who met your arbitrary standards of worthiness, you do not actually love and respect women.

I can understand the idea of judging someone based off of their prior actions, and I can certainly understand being hesitant about dating someone with a high degree of recent promiscuity. If my friends and coworkers have problems with one person, then the problem might be with said person than everyone else. Just me though.

At the same time, using terms such as "used goods" for a teenager is just gross. Just because someone is promiscuous and sex with a ton of people does not mean they are not deserving the respect of human being.

Especially since she is a teenager who may not know any fucking better than to have sex before her first paycheck, and would likely grow into someone who may desire more meaningful and long lasting relationships in the first place. To me, that aspect of growth, be it overcoming misconeptions and biases and reconcilitating our physical desires with desires for emotional intimacy is the point of the series.

....She is 16 for crying out loud. I don't like to judge women (and men) I don't know, and especially young women (and young men) who might be curious and whatnot.
@PeripheralVision I think that's the problem people have. She's 16 with 100+ previous partners, this does not sound typical.
Oct 9, 2023 9:34 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Makall
@PeripheralVision I think that's the problem people have. She's 16 with 100+ previous partners, this does not sound typical.
@Makall I would probably chalk it off to in-universe exaggeration. Kids these days do exaggerate like they do in the real world, and tend to make harsh judgements and assumptions on people based on hearsay and bias.

Regardless, I think even if some measure of this is true, she should either be pitied or considered an example of teenage idiocy. I see no reason to hate her or even assume she will remain like this 10 years down the road. Kids are stupid, and sex and drugs feel good. Many kids also don't know about boundaries and how to sustain a relationship because they lack the experience and self-esteem. Most people do change, and I think it is awfully silly to worry about someone's sexual history that happened before they graduated high school.

The part about boundaries and self-esteem is important given this description of Runa's character.

Whenever she does get into a relationship, she would wholeheartedly devote herself to the person she is dating and would do anything to keep everything going. Things just never seem to work out, however, as her "gal" personality and appearance would attract the wrong type of guys, resulting in failed relationships. Regardless of the insecurities from her past experiences, Runa is still hopeful to find the one that she would love with all her heart.

If you ask me, I think she is purposely meant to be a flawed person going at it the wrong way due to her inexperience with healthy romantic relationships, with the point of the anime being to see these two characters grow and have a wholesome relationship. Why are we opposed to this premise?
PeripheralVisionOct 9, 2023 9:40 PM
Oct 9, 2023 9:56 PM
Nov 2021
"What to expect from used goods?" A temporary good time?
Oct 9, 2023 10:11 PM
Oct 2023

@PeripheralVision

Love and respect are different things. A woman can be promiscuous but have a great career and frequently participate in community events. I can respect her as hard working and a model citizen but that does not mean I'll also find her attractive as a long term partner. If I have a standard that I don't want to date or marry promiscuous women, that does not mean I hate all women lol.

If men set a purity standard for women, then it should be women that set the purity standards for men. If women en masse stopped engaging in hookup culture and prioritize purity over stuff like height and income, then that standard would be set in stone for men.

Used goods is a loaded word yeah I agree. Words like slut, which literally means having a bunch of casual sex partners, is an accurate description of her because that's what she actually has. If people think that word has negative implications, then so be it.

Yeah she might grow into someone who desires more meaningful and long term relationships, but that doesn't mean that men are obligated to overlook her past, no matter what her age was when engaging in casual sex.
Oct 10, 2023 3:29 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to Dhx379
@PeripheralVision

Love and respect are different things. A woman can be promiscuous but have a great career and frequently participate in community events. I can respect her as hard working and a model citizen but that does not mean I'll also find her attractive as a long term partner. If I have a standard that I don't want to date or marry promiscuous women, that does not mean I hate all women lol.

If men set a purity standard for women, then it should be women that set the purity standards for men. If women en masse stopped engaging in hookup culture and prioritize purity over stuff like height and income, then that standard would be set in stone for men.

Used goods is a loaded word yeah I agree. Words like slut, which literally means having a bunch of casual sex partners, is an accurate description of her because that's what she actually has. If people think that word has negative implications, then so be it.

Yeah she might grow into someone who desires more meaningful and long term relationships, but that doesn't mean that men are obligated to overlook her past, no matter what her age was when engaging in casual sex.
@Dhx379

If I have a standard that I don't want to date or marry promiscuous women, that does not mean I hate all women lol.

Well, slut is a loaded word primarily because it issues a value judgement based on the notion that women with an active sexual history should be seen as less desirable, that women having a ton of sex is wrong. There is a huge difference between having preferences for people of a certain lifestyle, and admonishing people for it.

I for example may not date other men or people of a certain ethnicity, or who may be religious, such as being Muslim or Christians and whatnot. I may not want to date others I may not feel a connection or commonality with, be it our differences in music tastes and our love for concerts, interest in history, and so forth. Just because I would not date someone who may really like going to concerts or partake in drug usage or of a certain religion, does not mean I believe that those things are wrong, that people should not be Christian or that they should not smoke marijuana or go be huge Swifties.

So the question boils down to "why should not women have sex if she so wants to have tons of it"? We live in a world of birth control and condoms, we live in a world where we can demand papers regarding health, where men quite frankly are no longer necessary for a woman to subsist as they can be independent and hold their own jobs and pay for their own meals, where women's health issues are no longer the dirge of death it was a century ago.

As long as the sex is consensual and done in a safe manner, then I see no reason to issue a real value judgement on her life. It is not enough for you to say "well, I just not like to date women like this" to say that "no woman should act like this". If there is moral issue at play here, then I fail to understand what the issue is that would require the use of the words "slut" and "used goods".

You don't actually respect women if you hold them to arbitrary standards of how they should live their lives. You are not evil for having preferences, but you are kind of a douchebag to demand every women fit into your desired preference as if they had any responsibility towards you.

Maybe the reason the terms have negative connotation is because we think women sleeping around is "wrong", and we hold them to an arbitrary standard compared to that which held for men. Maybe this is just me, but what the fuck are "purity standards", and why should we have them?

If women en masse stopped engaging in hookup culture

Ah yes, because women are famously the ones with interest in hookup culture and not those subscribing to Tate, to Roosh V, to other pickup artists to score with women. Women are the one historically admonishing men for being virgins and exalting promiscuity as a desirable trait in men. That being desired physically by multitudes of women is something seen as desirable for a man.

That was sarcasm by the way.

...Runa in this case is fucking 16. Now, I am not one to care who we rub one out to in terms of fictional characters, but she is a fucking 16 year old, you goddamn weirdo.

Maybe men are not obligated to overlook her past, but it is still insanely stupid to judge a person over a mistake like this made as a teenager. It is just silly and often hypocritical because it does not entertain the fact of further growth. I mean, imagine if someone admonishes anyone (Say, a 26 year old) for having a threesome in middle school. To me, it just sounds so fucking stupid to harp on as a deal breaker compared to, say, their current behavior.
PeripheralVisionOct 10, 2023 3:38 AM
Oct 10, 2023 8:27 AM
Oct 2014
this forum is fun af
some people are mad over anime

Oct 10, 2023 8:38 AM
Oct 2023
@Dhx379

If I have a standard that I don't want to date or marry promiscuous women, that does not mean I hate all women lol.

Well, slut is a loaded word primarily because it issues a value judgement based on the notion that women with an active sexual history should be seen as less desirable, that women having a ton of sex is wrong. There is a huge difference between having preferences for people of a certain lifestyle, and admonishing people for it.

I for example may not date other men or people of a certain ethnicity, or who may be religious, such as being Muslim or Christians and whatnot. I may not want to date others I may not feel a connection or commonality with, be it our differences in music tastes and our love for concerts, interest in history, and so forth. Just because I would not date someone who may really like going to concerts or partake in drug usage or of a certain religion, does not mean I believe that those things are wrong, that people should not be Christian or that they should not smoke marijuana or go be huge Swifties.

So the question boils down to "why should not women have sex if she so wants to have tons of it"? We live in a world of birth control and condoms, we live in a world where we can demand papers regarding health, where men quite frankly are no longer necessary for a woman to subsist as they can be independent and hold their own jobs and pay for their own meals, where women's health issues are no longer the dirge of death it was a century ago.

As long as the sex is consensual and done in a safe manner, then I see no reason to issue a real value judgement on her life. It is not enough for you to say "well, I just not like to date women like this" to say that "no woman should act like this". If there is moral issue at play here, then I fail to understand what the issue is that would require the use of the words "slut" and "used goods".

You don't actually respect women if you hold them to arbitrary standards of how they should live their lives. You are not evil for having preferences, but you are kind of a douchebag to demand every women fit into your desired preference as if they had any responsibility towards you.

Maybe the reason the terms have negative connotation is because we think women sleeping around is "wrong", and we hold them to an arbitrary standard compared to that which held for men. Maybe this is just me, but what the fuck are "purity standards", and why should we have them?

If women en masse stopped engaging in hookup culture

Ah yes, because women are famously the ones with interest in hookup culture and not those subscribing to Tate, to Roosh V, to other pickup artists to score with women. Women are the one historically admonishing men for being virgins and exalting promiscuity as a desirable trait in men. That being desired physically by multitudes of women is something seen as desirable for a man.

That was sarcasm by the way.

...Runa in this case is fucking 16. Now, I am not one to care who we rub one out to in terms of fictional characters, but she is a fucking 16 year old, you goddamn weirdo.

Maybe men are not obligated to overlook her past, but it is still insanely stupid to judge a person over a mistake like this made as a teenager. It is just silly and often hypocritical because it does not entertain the fact of further growth. I mean, imagine if someone admonishes anyone (Say, a 26 year old) for having a threesome in middle school. To me, it just sounds so fucking stupid to harp on as a deal breaker compared to, say, their current behavior.
@PeripheralVision

PeripheralVision said:

Most men do not care how a random woman lives their life. If she wants to sleep around and have fun, who cares, she can do whatever she wants. The main point I made, which you seem to agree with, is that men can have standards and not want to date someone like that.

PeripheralVision said:

If you want to call someone something, you look at the actual definition of the word, and if that person matches that word, then you can use that word on them. She does have alot of casual sex partners, so she is a slut. If purity doesn't matter to you, why does it offend you?

PeripheralVision said:

I can list alot of reasons. People with lower body counts tend to have more stable, happier, more sexually active marriages and lower divorce rates. Purity standards are also for very traditional things like marriage. No guy is going to act traditional towards a woman who is not traditional herself. Also let's not pretend that women don't have arbitrary standards too. If women are allowed to have height and income standards, then men can have purity standards.

PeripheralVision said:

Try this thought exercise: who will get more dates or matches on dating apps, the 6 foot tall guy who's making 6 figures but is a fuckboy or the 5 foot 5 guy making 60k but is a virgin and loyal? The first guy is. That guy has no incentive to act differently because he has no problem finding women. If those women started enforcing purity standards, he would probably change hid actions. Do that en masse and you kill hookup culture.

PeripheralVision said:
.Runa in this case is fucking 16. Now, I am not one to care who we rub one out to in terms of fictional characters, but she is a fucking 16 year old, you goddamn weirdo.

Lol no one said anything about jacking off to 16 year olds. Idk where you got that from but stop projecting your fetishes on others please. Yes having a threesome in middle school is disgusting, and again, men can have body count standards, no matter when she got those bodies. Past behavior also is a great indicator of future behavior. Lastly, are women hypocrites for wanting a guy who's taller than them when they aren't the same height as the guys they want? Actually no, because surprise surprise, men and women find different aspects of the other gender attractive.
Oct 10, 2023 12:01 PM
Oct 2023
@EyeAmTheI

If you don't want marriage, kids, or cohabitation, then who cares about body count. If you just want someone to have fun with, just someone with no STDS is enough. For people who do want those things, those people who get married, on average will have more stable happier marriages and lower divorce rates. Yeah no duh it's not a guarantee, nothing is. You could find a perfect partner in every way but still have a chance to get divorced or have an unhappy marriage. This is just saying that you have a higher likelihood of having a better marriage if both people have lower premarital sexual partners, and considering it's an easy factor to control for, then why not do it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

78 by Ekocik »»
Jun 13, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

157 by TitledApollo741 »»
Jun 9, 12:55 AM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Luna vs Maria

IRBIS1857 - Dec 8, 2023

41 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 4, 9:22 AM

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

20 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.