Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2023 10:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Half of me is saying "JUST DO IT YOU PUSSY!!!!"

but the other half is saying: "Respect."

It may take some time to get there, but the dude just opened the door to her heart. Thought this would be an annoying watch, and it might be, but might not. This story and their relationship might just mean something.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 6, 2023 11:01 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This anime is truly an anti-thesis of Angel Next Door whose female MC is very hard to get and it needs a whole season to finally become male MC's gf
Meanwhile in this anime, just in first episode both are already couple and they almost had sex...

Good thing the visual is great, unlike that Natsukawa anime.

I like both male and female MC in this show, they look fun to watch together ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 6, 2023 11:57 PM

Oct 2022
The way she has been showing is not bad....She is only ready to do it because of others behavior or relationship.....But it's nice that she actually want fair and good relationship and mc will really do it and how he will do it will be the curiousity of each episode.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 7, 2023 12:15 AM
Aug 2023
I started respecting Rent a girlfriend after watching this 😌
Oct 7, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
Why are people like this?

Oct 7, 2023 1:27 AM

Jul 2015
Zienger said:
@Marinate1016
Whore of the year. Oh sorry, she is not a slut. Slut doing this for money, she is doing this for free.

As someone who has watched the episode and paid attention, I can with full confidence say that you are completely wrong.

Oct 7, 2023 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
I knew that tourist gonna hate it.
I'm not saying that I'm a fan of main girl. Precisely her mindset, but the comedy part was executed perfectly.
Of course, I'm aware that she's probably a completely deferent person, so this part makes me even more curious what will happen next.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2023 1:40 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, another character with a generic design and a generic personality. How original. Someone with a bland personality CAN become a good character (Someone like Gojo Wakana from MDUD) but I'm honestly so tired of these characters. They feel so formulated (probably because they're supposed to be self inserts).

I'll give it a few more episodes, but yeah, I may not complete this.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2023 1:58 AM

Dec 2022
I hope our MALE MC help her to find what a true dating or relationship. Then she will understand. Lets hope anime will be good in the end as I think main MC will help her a lot. As he did not judge her for her past.
Oct 7, 2023 2:02 AM
Jul 2021
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day has been ruined.
Oct 7, 2023 2:26 AM

Mar 2022
first, two things out of the way. I know the story a bit, read the manga. Runa is absolutely delightful, and her story is tragic, but not unusual for a broken home child. There is hope for a redeeming arc of sorts that could work very well.
Second, the voice acting for MC is atrocious. High pitched stuttering of socialy debilitated person. AGAIN! I somehow didn't feel like that about him as I read him, but here it goes.
It certainly seems true once again that voice acting can make story seem cringier than it actually is.
Oct 7, 2023 2:31 AM

Sep 2018
Damn man, this dude takes awkwardness and nerves to the next level, guy doesn't just stutter like a mad man, he contorts his whole fucking body to surprising developments. Lame, exaggerated voice acting as well. I can see this caricature annoying me down the road lol, we'll see.
Oct 7, 2023 2:54 AM

Aug 2022
YOOOO ANOTHER BEST GIRL OF THE SEASON.
Oct 7, 2023 3:10 AM

Oct 2022
So if I understand right form her past relationships she has developed a f*cked up understanding of what a relationship is because people only were after her body and MC he's gonna teach her what a real relationship is where you're after the person not their body. But here come my thought and the actual me trying to understand her. Does she have trauma or is she just genuinely stupid. Well I definitely calling her a bimbo. But like how she constantly being in relationships. So why didn't she learn form them? Sounds like a fear of abandonment and loneliness to me ah and the need for constant validation. 

Oct 7, 2023 3:11 AM

Jan 2017
Good Lord, Runa has probably more mileage that my first car I bought for 800€, literally a walking pokedex of STD...
Oct 7, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 2015
First episode quite surprised me - in a positive way. It had a lot of cute and funny moments, the animations look good imo and the artstyle is pure eyecandy.

Runa's character design and personality are very kawaii. Stereotype gal waifu, nothing new here but still cute. Ryuuto looks like 08/15 romcom male MC and behaves like that most of the time. Lots of clichés with the characters and plot here.

Although it again is a cliché, I quite liked the tiny little twist that Runa indeed slept with her previous boyfriends but only to please them and maybe get a little bit of love. Poor girl! I'd like to see more of that kinda psychological take of this show.

I also really liked Ryuuto's communication towards Runa in the end of the episode. It's refreshing to see anime characters actually speak their mind in a relationship / school romcom setting, especially the shy male lead. It's nice he doesn't intend to use her and take advantage of her like the other boys before (even if, deep inside him, he really wanted to just gibe in to her "offers").

This probably isn't going to be my favorite anime of all time but if the characters maybe get more depth and the animation quality doesn't decrease dramatically, I'll say it's a solid, sweet romcom for me.
Oct 7, 2023 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Hajimete no Gal vibes
Oct 7, 2023 4:11 AM
Jan 2015
Reply to Tsinelas
So if I understand right form her past relationships she has developed a f*cked up understanding of what a relationship is because people only were after her body and MC he's gonna teach her what a real relationship is where you're after the person not their body. But here come my thought and the actual me trying to understand her. Does she have trauma or is she just genuinely stupid. Well I definitely calling her a bimbo. But like how she constantly being in relationships. So why didn't she learn form them? Sounds like a fear of abandonment and loneliness to me ah and the need for constant validation. 
@Tsinelas I totally agree with you. Most people in this forum just talk about her bodycount but that's not the point of the show at all.

Runa may be well versed in fullfilling other people's needs but then she seems quite naïve and inexperienced concerning mutual feelings. This naïvety could be a coping mechanism for rejection she had to suffer (in her childhood or just the "boyfriends" who dumped her), maybe even trauma.

Maybe we'll get more infos in future episodes, I really hope so.
Oct 7, 2023 4:13 AM
Feb 2021
The storyline is fresh and the artwork is pretty good. At least it's enjoyable to watch.
Oct 7, 2023 4:25 AM

Dec 2020
Here we're again with the looser wimp introverted industrial waste protagonist having a crush on the super duper popular girl of the whole class if not the whole school. With being that seems like the author gave many loose screws in the fmc's head.
I mean how dumb would you've to be to not know the meaning of "like" and whatever tf was that.
This fmc is like a girl that can be played by any guy at any moment.
Her dress-up is full gyaru but her behaviour is genky wtf
And she's more dumb even than a genky type.
Without her looks she's nothing but a piece of crap good for nothing
GeoXsf9Oct 7, 2023 4:28 AM
Oct 7, 2023 4:27 AM

Dec 2020
vtmarasu said:
Is Runa still virgin?

If the author isn't the strongest than damn sure she ain't
Oct 7, 2023 4:36 AM

Nov 2022
I think whether this show is good or not will fall first in the dynamics of the couple and also how the mc grows. Cuz right now he is kinda generic, his personality and his design pretty much are the typical mc in this kind of stories, even more in ln adaptations. Lets see, maybe it can be a pleasant surprise for this season.
Oct 7, 2023 4:38 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to MoistGal
Dude got super close to contracting an STD :)
@MoistGal This would actually be funny af for an anime plot. Protag likes a girl and is super shy. Then one day he gets the courage to ask her out, the same day they fuck, he gets an STD and they never talk again lmao
Oct 7, 2023 4:43 AM
Sep 2023
episode 1 was enough to create expectations about the anime, and just from this first episode we were able to more or less base ourselves on what the story might be and compare them with some similar animes. But expectations will always be high and I hope they don't disappoint. But I liked the first episode so I'll like how the story unfolds. We'll see, expectations are always high, don't disappoint
Oct 7, 2023 5:20 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Sadly couldn’t watch this one day of so I moved it to Saturday, but holy shit I wasn’t expecting the episode 1 thread to pop off this much lol, I guess it has been a while since we got a gyaru romance show but still kinda surprising to me. This first episode was good one too, it’s ENGI so it doesn’t look particularly amazing with animation but I do really like the art, it’s also very reminiscent of “My First Girlfriend is a Gal” which is definitely a dose of nostalgia lol, as well as “Married Couple but not Lovers” from last year’s Fall season and I quite enjoyed that one.

And our boy Ryuto is already winning big time with his confession working out. I was excited to see his friends’ reactions to it working for him and that didn’t disappoint, goofs probably feel stupid now lol. The biggest thing tho was the reveal of how Runa has been with her past boyfriends, at first it seemed kinda funny but really it’s pretty sad, this poor girl has the completely wrong idea about about relationships and hopefully Ryuto can show her what a good one is like, and I think that will be a delight to watch over the course of this show. It looks like there could be a potential harem from the OP, but as with other shows with this inclusion, it will be fun to have other girls but we know who has won already lol.

And the OP at the end was very nice, Maaya Uchida has done some of my favorite anime songs and this one sounds like it’s gonna be part of that list, and speaking of music I noticed the ost in this show is very nice as well, like not the kind of music I was expecting but it’s great lol. Looking forward to more of this one!
TheColonel76Oct 7, 2023 5:29 AM
Oct 7, 2023 5:32 AM
Oct 2023
amazing start just hope that it will stay like this but it is kinda of a copy-paste of my first girlfriend is a gal
Oct 7, 2023 5:48 AM
Jul 2023
Really exciting anime concept
Oct 7, 2023 5:58 AM
Nov 2019
kacau ni cewek perusak
tp aku juga mau si wkwkwk
My Candies :
Oct 7, 2023 6:43 AM

Oct 2022
Even though this show is pretty clearly an "appeal to the lonely otaku demographic" wish fulfilment story, it is nice to see the 'gyaru are nice to otaku trope' actually done well.
Oct 7, 2023 7:22 AM
Oct 2023
I really hope this anime is a cautionary tale. Imagine thinking you could fix a girl (underage I might add) that's broken enough to sleep with just about anyone, pretty much immediately after meeting them. There's some serious damage there that will require long years of therapy to somewhat mitigate the fallout. Then again, this is fiction, and probably wish fulfillment on the part of the writer so they will live happily ever after I guess.
Oct 7, 2023 7:23 AM

Dec 2011
Reply to Sokah
Trash. The horrible voice acting really clinched it for me to not force myself to watch an otherwise bad show.
Can we get past the cliche anti-sex boy protagonist already? The protagonist, looks, acts and sounds exactly like about 50 other awful MCs from the past few years.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
@Sokah

Yeah same old boring, cowardly main character that I’ve seen dozens of times before.

As always though, I’ll give it a fair shot.
The_StewardOct 7, 2023 7:46 AM
Oct 7, 2023 7:38 AM

Dec 2022
Imagine your friends schemed to embarrass you but in the end they got utterly defeated ahhhh what an amazing feeling.
Oct 7, 2023 8:42 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to JdT1977
I really hope this anime is a cautionary tale. Imagine thinking you could fix a girl (underage I might add) that's broken enough to sleep with just about anyone, pretty much immediately after meeting them. There's some serious damage there that will require long years of therapy to somewhat mitigate the fallout. Then again, this is fiction, and probably wish fulfillment on the part of the writer so they will live happily ever after I guess.
@JdT1977

At what point did Ryuto declare he was going to "fix" Runa?

Who is underage?

Why does Runa's attitude to sex mean she's "broken"?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 7, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Oskaroo
I ain’t even half way through yet and i already hate the main character. I could smell it from a mile away but i didn’t think the show would be this bad
@Oskaroo Chill it's just the first episode💀
Oct 7, 2023 9:03 AM

Oct 2022
Kinda sad and fucked up how she doesn't have any idea, meaning or value of things that she did. Hopefully she learns them.

Oct 7, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
This show can go two ways. First is the likely boring shallow neet fantasy of "omg the pretty popular girl likes nerdy me! Wow time for an awkward goofy and cute adventure where we tease ecchi but nothing really happens to the end! Oh boy!" She is just outoing and nice, no more depth there. Wow you called me cute, sure ill date you! The second is more of an interesting explanation of modern sex and romance. She is popular and pretty but feels like she needs validation from a relationship. So she always goes out with men and then thinks they just want sex so to keep them she puts out easily. But this means they see here as a sex object and dont value her so they lose interest and she never forges a connection. This creates a loop where she is more and more willing to date and put out to try to get any validation. She is at the end of her ropes, putting on her happy popular mask when the nerd she doesnt know asks her out and she thinks why not? Then he doesnt require sex and tries to value her and grow close. And they both learn about each other and how to be in a healthy relationship and forge a connection where sex is part of growing close, not the end. That would be great, but unlikely.
Oct 7, 2023 9:22 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to borderliner
@JdT1977

Who is underage?

@borderliner she's broken because people with high counts make horrible long term partners. https://ifstudies.org/blog/counterintuitive-trends-in-the-link-between-premarital-sex-and-marital-stability
Dhx379Oct 7, 2023 9:26 AM
Oct 7, 2023 10:02 AM

Dec 2022
I like that the Mc made the respectful choice. I feel sorry for the girl because she probably had a terrible first boyfriend that caused her to think the way she does. Hopefully the Mc can show her that not everyone is an asshole.

Oct 7, 2023 10:21 AM
Apr 2020
Generic setting and character designs but the fmc is interesting .

Mostly gyaru fmc are shown as innocent and get extra flustered about intimacy but here she is experienced but with a twist that she felt it was an obligation while dating . Her understanding about dating sure is twisted idk if she is dumb or acts this way due to an incident in her past . But there is room for improvement mc is involved in a relationship first time and fmc is involved in a genuine relationship first time . I just hope author gives them as much redeeming qualities as possible going forward . Obviously some are gonna hung up on her bodycount that's inevitable
Oct 7, 2023 10:33 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to hannibal_l
Generic setting and character designs but the fmc is interesting .

Mostly gyaru fmc are shown as innocent and get extra flustered about intimacy but here she is experienced but with a twist that she felt it was an obligation while dating . Her understanding about dating sure is twisted idk if she is dumb or acts this way due to an incident in her past . But there is room for improvement mc is involved in a relationship first time and fmc is involved in a genuine relationship first time . I just hope author gives them as much redeeming qualities as possible going forward . Obviously some are gonna hung up on her bodycount that's inevitable
@hannibal_l this anime is just the author desperately attempting to disprove the whole "you can't turn a hoe into a housewife" phrase. They can try adding as many redeeming qualities as they want, still won't erase her body count though.
Oct 7, 2023 10:45 AM

Oct 2022
Seems very interesting, couple within the first episode and judging from the intro sequence there will be person who might be trying to break them up. But I won't stand for it.
Oct 7, 2023 10:45 AM
Apr 2020
Dhx379 said:
@hannibal_l this anime is just the author desperately attempting to disprove the whole "you can't turn a hoe into a housewife" phrase. They can try adding as many redeeming qualities as they want, still won't erase her body count though.

I mean yeah it's messed up but women getting manipulated easily isn't new i think this is one of those cases? Of course you can't use her past to justify her sleeping with multiple men but atleast it'll give us a better understanding of her character. I'll give it a chance and hope to see them address why she acts this way .
It's only 1 ep lets see
Oct 7, 2023 10:56 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Dhx379
@borderliner she's broken because people with high counts make horrible long term partners. https://ifstudies.org/blog/counterintuitive-trends-in-the-link-between-premarital-sex-and-marital-stability
@Dhx379

Quoting a "study" by a right wing religious pressure group from the US that is anti-gay, anti-choice, anti-anything except their idealised vision of the "perfect family" is not going to get you very far in a discussion.

Bring some unbiased research to the table...

Oct 7, 2023 11:00 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to borderliner
@JdT1977

Who is underage?

@borderliner My apologies if I wasn't clear in my previous post. When I see a nice guy trying his best to have a proper relationship with the village bicycle, I assume he wants a long term relationship. Maybe I am mistaken.

Runa is underage as per western standards, set at 18 years of age.

I've seen my fair share of promiscuous women in my youth and they were to a fault, broken. All had some major issue that caused them to behave in self destructing ways. One became a heroin addict that completely destroyed her life. Another had to sabotage every relationship because she felt unworthy.

It took me a very long time to realise that women are very fragile emotionally. I blame the feminist media, portraying women as stronger than men in every way. In reality, women take a lot of damage from casual sex and it ruins their chances at a successful relationship.
Oct 7, 2023 11:04 AM

Sep 2018
@LostSpectre

Keep up the good work. I Expect you're going to have your work cut out with this show.

Oct 7, 2023 11:11 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to borderliner
@Dhx379

Quoting a "study" by a right wing religious pressure group from the US that is anti-gay, anti-choice, anti-anything except their idealised vision of the "perfect family" is not going to get you very far in a discussion.

Bring some unbiased research to the table...

@borderliner no aspects of that study suggest that the data or models used are biased, but sure

https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/ke5fj/

"The relationship between premarital sex and divorce is highly significant and robust. Compared to people with no premarital partners other than eventual spouses, those with six or more partners exhibit the highest divorce risk, followed by those with one to two partners. There is no evidence of gender differences."
Oct 7, 2023 11:18 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to JdT1977
@borderliner My apologies if I wasn't clear in my previous post. When I see a nice guy trying his best to have a proper relationship with the village bicycle, I assume he wants a long term relationship. Maybe I am mistaken.

Runa is underage as per western standards, set at 18 years of age.

I've seen my fair share of promiscuous women in my youth and they were to a fault, broken. All had some major issue that caused them to behave in self destructing ways. One became a heroin addict that completely destroyed her life. Another had to sabotage every relationship because she felt unworthy.

It took me a very long time to realise that women are very fragile emotionally. I blame the feminist media, portraying women as stronger than men in every way. In reality, women take a lot of damage from casual sex and it ruins their chances at a successful relationship.
@JdT1977

Wow, you know everything about women don't you.

And yet something as simple as the age of consent escapes you.

Oct 7, 2023 11:21 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Dhx379
@borderliner no aspects of that study suggest that the data or models used are biased, but sure

https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/ke5fj/

"The relationship between premarital sex and divorce is highly significant and robust. Compared to people with no premarital partners other than eventual spouses, those with six or more partners exhibit the highest divorce risk, followed by those with one to two partners. There is no evidence of gender differences."
@Dhx379

Yeah right, same people, same agenda.

Oct 7, 2023 11:28 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to borderliner
@Dhx379

Yeah right, same people, same agenda.

@borderliner yeah let's just disregard every scientific study because the people writing it are implied to be leaning in a certain political direction, see how far that gets you 😂😂😂
Oct 7, 2023 12:12 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to borderliner
@JdT1977

Wow, you know everything about women don't you.

And yet something as simple as the age of consent escapes you.

@borderliner You're strangely defensive for someone talking about an anime on the internet. The age of consent in South Africa is 16. The same in some states of the US. Given this logic, and that the main characters are in high school in Japan, best case scenario is that Runa is already 18 years of age. Since she's had multiple boyfriends (conservative assumption of 10), each with a relationship period of 2.5 months, this would have made her a minor during her first relationship. If this was real life, her life would be significantly impacted by her choices to date, regardless of being a minor or not.

Look, if you want to believe that women can sleep around and not be affected by it, all the power to you. I'm not here to preach to a wayward generation. Most people, myself included, learns the hard lessons in life through own mistakes. Make your own mistakes and learn to live with the consequences.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

157 by TitledApollo741 »»
Jun 9, 12:55 AM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Luna vs Maria

IRBIS1857 - Dec 8, 2023

41 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 4, 9:22 AM

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

20 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.