Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 28, 2022 6:24 AM

Mar 2022
There's no point analyzing the show. Just horrible. 2/10. 
Dec 29, 2022 6:36 AM
Sep 2012
could have been great. huge let down after second episode.
Dec 29, 2022 11:33 AM

Dec 2020
This is not the best anime, but I still enjoyed watching this.
Though I wish the epilogue had more detail and was longer.
And him turning his back to the big boss enemy guy was just plain stupid.
Dec 30, 2022 1:00 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
well said, i signed in just to tell you this it was a mental struggle with this anime 

Dec 30, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2014
the pace is kinda off. this is the last episode but didn't feel like it
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 31, 2022 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Wtf this actually lowkey got decent in the final few episodes, and that fight between Ittoki and Kido was actually kinda dope, too bad that wasn't enough to salvage the rest of this show. Predictable plot developments, forgettable story with unmemorable side characters, and of course, an annoyingly insufferable MC. The school shit was pointless as hell too, you could have cut all of that out and lost nothing of value. Also, I love how what we saw from Ittoki in the final 30 seconds in the train station was better than literally anything else he did in the show leading up to that point. If only he was like that from the beginning....the show still would have been a chore to watch but at least it could have had a decently likable MC. Definitely not a show I'll miss, that's for sure.
thebrentinator24Dec 31, 2022 11:46 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 1, 2023 11:25 AM
Jun 2020
bruhhhhh i wanted nice fight and stuf. Things were weird since the start: ninjas with 21th century tecnology ... That stupid way that idiot reacts when the girl wants to fuck with him ... tought they could apologize all the mistakes now but they didnt. Theres no 13 episode showing the history after last fight, so they just wanted to finish the anime soon as possible.
Also, the only reason i was watching it was the girl with white and a little color on the hair. Would be better make her the protagonist if they release a 2nd season. Happy they focused on her - finally - at the end of the episodes. Voting around 4, bad anime.
Jan 4, 2023 2:16 PM
Jan 2023
Not the ending I expected
Jan 4, 2023 7:02 PM

Feb 2012
I liked Kousetsu and Tokisada but that was pretty bad overall.
Jan 8, 2023 9:44 PM

Jan 2021
So did Kousetsu and Ittoki get together there at the end? If so, that's the only good thing to come out of this show.

The past few episodes were actually pretty good, and the tension build-up was done nicely in my opinion. However, they shat the bed this episode, and delivered a rushed ending, and I'd be surprised if anyone was satisfied with it. With what they tried to do with Ittoki, I feel like they should have changed the story to make it work in 12 episodes, or they should have tried for 24 episodes (hell, even a second season) to properly wrap things up. While everyone in this show was unbearably annoying, I will cut Ittoki some slack; being thrown into a world that you know nothing about, and being expected to perform flawlessly from the get go is ridiculous, and that's what almost made me drop the show. That said, it doesn't excuse Ittoki being so terrible until the final few episodes.

Jan 9, 2023 2:25 AM

Feb 2021
That suit is really fast indeed but It needs to be more powerful or have a cool effect in my opinion. XD

Great story anyway!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 11, 2023 7:30 AM
May 2019
Such a wasting time
Jan 11, 2023 3:18 PM
Jan 2017
On one hand, I'm glad that Ittoki and his friends got a happy ending. On the other hand, this episode leaves quite a few plot threads hanging (Tokisada's fate, the status of the other villages, the existence of ninja society in general, the vacuum of power left by Koga's attempted power play). I'm aware that 12 episodes are not enough to solve all these plotlines in a satisfying manner, but the show could have at least tried to answer some of the lingering questions instead of using a time skip and give a happy ending to the main characters.

Shinobi no Ittoki had a slow beginning, an intriguing middle act and a rushed conclusion. I still think this show could have been better had it focused on character development instead of fast-paced action and political intrigue, espcially because we knew right from the beginning that the show would only run for 12 episodes. At the end of the day, I can appreciate this show from a theoretical perspective despite the problems I found with it.

Also, Howard Wang has talent as a leading man. He should get more leading roles from now on.
Jan 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Dec 2022
This show felt like it wanted to be a modern day Naruto so bad, like it feels like a anime that would've came out back in the 2000/2010s back when Naruto was at it's peak of popularity to cash in on it, but no it came out in 2022 when Naruto has been over for 8 years, it's insane.

Also I feel like I'm going against the grain, but I didn't have a problem with Ittoki as a protagonist, mainly because all of the characters were badly written, so I can't single him out.

Hell the way Ittoki acts at least makes sense for what he's supposed to be in the context of the narrative, beyond Ryoko and I guess the uncle I can't say that for everyone else.

For example they prop Yumika up as some great inspiring leader but they also show she completely hid the ninja world from her son for no reason when he's supposed to take over the clan, and is aware Koga has it out for them, and they also show she didn't even let Ittoki actually live a normal life because she was controlling his social life and forcing him into lessons as pseudo ninja training, and they also show despite her supposedly loving Kousetsu as a daughter she didn't get the same treatment or even live with them and was trained properly and given orders to be Ittoki's bodyguard.

And there's Kousetsu herself, we're told she's supposed to be Ittoki's best friend but she treats Ittoki like trash, and never helps him when he's trying to adjust to ninja life, and when we're given the information she's actually Ittoki's adopted sister who holds Yumika in high regard for taking her in it's even more confusing why she treats Ittoki the way she does because he welcomed her with open arms just like his mother did.

But that's enough about the characters, I could rant about them all day and I don't want to.

We move on the world building the writing is just as weak.
12 episodes through this whole thing and we still don't know what the role of ninjas are actually supposed to be in this world.

Do they work for the government, private contractors or what?
Because we see them do nothing but screw with each other, and they're not even supposed to be doing that because of the treaty.

If ninja just get stealth suits and ninja cores that enhance their abilities, then why does it matter for them to be physically fit?

They make a big deal about the Uncle's abilities, but if it's all in the suit why should I care or find what he does impressive? It's not actually him doing it.

I mean all in all this was just not a great show, the writing was gonna be weak no matter who the protagonist was.
Jan 28, 2023 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
It took his mother's death near the end of the series for Ittoki to at least be tolerable.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 12, 2023 12:36 AM
Aug 2021
Very bad ending of the story
Apr 5, 2023 3:22 PM
Oct 2021
dari style dan kostum pemeran sudah menarik namun saya merasa alur cerita nya di percepat untuk bisa mencapai 12 episode
Jun 22, 2023 6:59 PM
Jan 2022
I Think this anime the best with the simple plot.. i love it
Jun 28, 2023 1:20 PM

Jun 2021
So that's it huh! That's the end of it.

I don't think it will get any second season or anything like manga. They finished the story and there are no more villains or any conflicts to solve. Their highschool days also got over pretty quick.

This anime is not very special I'd say. Rather watching a sequel it felt more like a Movie like a End of the road thing.
If anyone wants to see a short nice ending *movie like*, without any sequel to look forward to anime, I know what I will suggest them.
Yandere_@lover
Jul 27, 2023 11:39 AM
Nov 2021
achei muito ruim tudo talveiz se ja cupa minha por espera um pouco de coreografia tipo naruto
Aug 12, 2023 4:22 AM
Aug 2021
So does he become head of the Clan again afterwards because he had struck his name from the list?
What an absolute failure of a mother, failed in every perspective to raise her child for the duty and loge that he'd have to lead.
Pathetic time skip which still left questions about what exactly they're now doing.
Aug 17, 2023 7:32 AM
Aug 2023
Immaculate. No flaw. Perfection.
Oct 27, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2022
Kidou ended up being my favourite character. Didn't expect that. His army apparently disappeared overnight though, and I would've been curious to see how the ninjas dealt with them.

The NSC have really interesting law enforcement. Yumika got the death penalty for allegedly ordering the assassination of the Koga Chief, Togisada is a wanted fugitive for killing Kidou, but Kirei doesn't even get a slap on the wrist? Does that mean no one, including Kirei herself, admitted what she'd done to the NSC? Lucky her.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 8, 6:20 AM
Oct 2021
main character is actually a trash can't develop, i can't bear with him
Jul 4, 1:54 AM

May 2014
Going into this show, I have a low expectations because of the score, but it turns out abit better than I thought.
Pacing and ending could be way better, especially for an anime originals. I feel like the worldbuilding and characters doesn't get enough time to shine.
Tsubaki (fake girlfriend) for example: Tomita Miyu voiced, cute design, tragic character because she's being controlled... You think that she would play a bigger part; But she just dies, and we don't really care because they didn't even make us care. Alot of characters feels like that.
Same thing with the school arc that serve no purpose other than introducing us with the rival guy, tech cutie, and Aoi Yuuki character.
I really thought that this was going to be one of those "battle academy" type of show, but they switched it up halfway and abandons it altogether. It could just be the producer way of red herring/misdirection. But they couldve handled it way better. They feel pointless other than as a set-up for future plot advancement, despite them being prominent in the promos. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that thought this was going to be a (ninja) school series right?

It's a very flawed series and not the most original, but not exactly bad either. It has it's moments, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy it.
I might be a bit biased though, as I really enjoy contemporary magic/combat tech and "battle harem-esque" type of series.

Not the best anime originals out there, but at the very least, it's better than what the public/score made it to be.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

60 by Johncrazy »»
Sep 14, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2022

86 by Sekiro94 »»
Sep 2, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

50 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2022

48 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:01 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

54 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.