Forum Settings
Forums

What’s an anime that everyone else loves but you didn’t?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2018
FMAB :/ gave it like 20 eps and couldn't get into it
yeehaw
Oct 15, 2022 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
I didn't care for Fruits basket much while many loved it, especially shoujo fans. Shoujo is usually one of my lesser favourites but even I feel there's some better ones out there like Nana.
Oct 15, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Gurren Laggan, Kill La Kill, Parasyte, Fruits Basket, NGE
Oct 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Oct 2019
Most Makoto Shinkai films. The movies are well animated, but Shinkai is a weak storyteller.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Oct 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Jun 2020
LOTGH. Everyone I come across seems to love it for some reason, but it was above average for me. I didn't like quite a few things in it.
Oct 15, 2022 9:04 AM

Jun 2022

For me, it would be everything that has to do with the Dragon Ball universe and its fans who claim that it is the best thing that exists, based on the fact that this series was part of their childhood. lol
Oct 15, 2022 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
for me its hunter x hunter, for me it was good at best and didnt find anything like masterpiece which everyone claims it
Oct 15, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2022
mhasanjoy said:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
KonoSuba

I couldn’t even finish Gurren Lagann because of how they treated Simon and his grief. It really got under my skin and I couldn’t continue. I really dislike Yoko's character because of that.

I do dislike KonoSuba a little bit because of Kazuma and Aqua. Kazuma and Aqua's characters in my opinion really hurt the show. The only reasons why I like the show a little and was able to finish is are because of Darkness and Megumin. If it wasn’t because of Darkness and Megumin I would have completely despised the show.
Oct 15, 2022 10:18 AM
Oct 2022
Bhavya7 said:
for me its hunter x hunter, for me it was good at best and didnt find anything like masterpiece which everyone claims it

It does have a really slow start and the ending kinda pissed me off.
Oct 15, 2022 10:24 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeTyger said:
Bhavya7 said:

Out of 150 eps barely 1-2 good arcs and chimera god knows how many times I thought to drop it
Oct 15, 2022 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
for me its fmab. I liked it but i think it isnt the best thing
Oct 15, 2022 10:51 AM
Oct 2022
Bhavya7 said:
AnimeTyger said:

Out of 150 eps barely 1-2 good arcs and chimera god knows how many times I thought to drop it

The main thing that got me was what they did to Gon. Out of the 150 episodes of him training and getting stronger they just decide to toss him aside at the end. That really irked me.
Oct 15, 2022 11:13 AM

Dec 2012
I'd say Hyouka, felt so soul crushing to watch it with such boring characters (Chitanda Eru cannot carry the show on her own)

It had such amazing visuals (especially the OP) but such a boring story
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 15, 2022 12:57 PM
Nov 2019
A lot of people seem to love 86 (Part 1 & Part 2), I didn't like it, especially Part 2.
86 Part 1 is somewhat enjoyable but there is nothing to enjoy in Part 2. The only good thing about it is the last episode, everything else is shit.

Oct 15, 2022 1:04 PM

Oct 2022
chuunibyo(?) - rly boring + annoying characters
re:zero - even tho i love rem i just didnt enjoy the show for some reason? maybe cuz its isekai idk
jobless reincarnation - boring characters + generic
a silent voice - incredibly boring, i dont like how we're supposed to feel bad for a bully
umaru-chan - i want to throw umaru into the sun she's so annoying holy fxck
sao - i dont think i need to explain-?
the devil is a parttimer - boring ass isekai
Oct 15, 2022 1:53 PM

Jun 2019
To be completely honest, I found Tatami Galaxy to be a bit overrated, along with Ping Pong. I prefer Mind Game and Kaiba over both. Another anime I find to be overrated is the original Ghost in the Shell movie.
Oct 15, 2022 4:23 PM

Sep 2019
Anohana so much crying so insanely boring I kept thinking it would get better
Oct 15, 2022 4:52 PM

Sep 2018
A lot of older "classics" like Utena (top five most boring, repetitive, dragging and coma inducing anime I've seen), Akira and Yuu Yuu Hakushou. The latter two, products of their era, there's just better quality stuff that's similar which came out afterwards, especially the battle shounen.
Oct 15, 2022 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
Off the top of my head: Saint Seiya, Zeta Gundam, Gintama, Oregairu, Grand Blue, Demon Slayer, Devilman Crybaby, Yofukashi no Uta.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
All failures of the individual are the failure of society to provide the means by which they could have achieved success.
Oct 15, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2017
Same with Cowboy Bebop, I don't even really know why I didn't like it, I guess something about the writing and characters didn't click with me. Nothing about it was bad or anything though. Also Kaguya-sama: Love is War, I only watched one episode so I might've not given it enough of a chance but I didn't find it funny. I think it's premise was alright but the way it was executed made every joke drag. I also tried a bit of the Oshi no Ko manga by the same author and found it really dumb so they're probably just not for me.
Oct 15, 2022 6:24 PM

Jun 2020
To Your Eternity, Horimiya, and Clannad are three shows that would fit this description. Not the worst shows ever, but they are mediocre at best.

x x x
Oct 15, 2022 7:34 PM
Oct 2022
Usagi said:
I really didn't like Evangelion or KonoSuba.

I kinda like KonoSuba but the only reason I do is because of Darkness and Megumin. I absolutely despise Kazuma and Aqua they the absolute worst and most annoying characters in the entire series and they are the main characters.
Oct 15, 2022 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
Cringe x Family
My Normie Academia
My Dress up Whore
Danmachi
Rising of the Incel Hero
Angel Beats
My pseudo-intellectual romantic comedy
Black Lagoon
and the list goes on...
CrimsunreaperOct 15, 2022 9:01 PM
Oct 15, 2022 8:03 PM
Oct 2022
Crimsunreaper said:
Cringe x Family
My Normie Academia
My Dress up Whore
Danmachi
Rising of the Incel Hero
Angel Beats
Black Lagoon
and the list goes on...

Please try to be civil. There is no need to be insulting or put down anyone with a different taste then you. I not saying you can’t disagree with anyone with a different taste then you but please be respectful at least.
Oct 15, 2022 8:04 PM

Jul 2017
AnimeTyger said:
Crimsunreaper said:
Cringe x Family
My Normie Academia
My Dress up Whore
Danmachi
Rising of the Incel Hero
Angel Beats
Black Lagoon
and the list goes on...

Please try to be civil. There is no need to be insulting or put down anyone with a different taste then you. I not saying you can’t disagree with anyone with a different taste then you but please be respectful at least.

I thought this was a hate thread anyway, so why not let me shitpost in peace?
Oct 15, 2022 8:10 PM
Oct 2022
Crimsunreaper said:
AnimeTyger said:

Not a hate thread. A place to have a civilized conversation about anime that are loved and popular but you didn’t enjoy. If you want to shitpost in peace then make your own thread. Please be respectful and civil in this and I don’t think that’s such hard ask or unreasonable.
Oct 15, 2022 8:10 PM

Jan 2018
Pretentious shows like Evangelion, Lain, Ergo proxy
Oct 15, 2022 8:11 PM

Dec 2019
FMAB. I think the beggining is pretty great with the brothers drama and motives but it gets really boring untill the final climax.
Oct 15, 2022 8:24 PM

Jul 2017
AnimeTyger said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Not a hate thread. A place to have a civilized conversation about anime that are loved and popular but you didn’t enjoy. If you want to shitpost in peace then make your own thread. Please be respectful and civil in this and I don’t think that’s such hard ask or unreasonable.

You realize that this thread is constituted as a hate thread on mal right? the topic you're discussing has already been beaten to death, use the search function.
Oct 15, 2022 8:38 PM
Oct 2022
Crimsunreaper said:
AnimeTyger said:

You realize that this thread is constituted as a hate thread on mal right? the topic you're discussing has already been beaten to death, use the search function.

Even if it’s considered a hate thread on MAL that doesn’t mean you can come here being insulting or hateful. The majority of this thread is civilized and respectful even the posts that have some hateful things to say are tame compared to what you said. So please again be respectful and civil in this thread. And if you want to be hateful and insulting then go make your own thread and leave this civilized thread alone.
Oct 15, 2022 8:44 PM

Feb 2022
Re:zero I dropped it after 12 episodes.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Oct 15, 2022 8:53 PM

Jul 2017
AnimeTyger said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Even if it’s considered a hate thread on MAL that doesn’t mean you can come here being insulting or hateful. The majority of this thread is civilized and respectful even the posts that have some hateful things to say are tame compared to what you said. So please again be respectful and civil in this thread. And if you want to be hateful and insulting then go make your own thread and leave this civilized thread alone.

Oh, I think it gives me the right, feel free to prove me wrong, the majority of this thread is just low-effort baits, nothing else, refer to the first reply, maybe you're blind. If you think what I said is that hateful then maybe you need to reconsider what ticks you off on the internet. Now, by all means, continue, don't let me stop you.
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 PM
Oct 2022
Crimsunreaper said:
AnimeTyger said:

Oh, I think it gives me the right, feel free to prove me wrong, the majority of this thread is just low-effort baits, nothing else, refer to the first reply, maybe you're blind. If you think what I said is that hateful then maybe you need to reconsider what ticks you off on the internet. Now, by all means, continue, don't let me stop you.

You called My Dress Up Darling: My Dress Up Wh***. I consider that to be very insulting and hateful especially more insulting and hateful then any other post or comments on this thread. Now if you don’t like that show then fine you don’t like the show but please don’t use that kind of insulting language on this thread.
Oct 15, 2022 9:13 PM

Jul 2017
AnimeTyger said:
Crimsunreaper said:

You called My Dress Up Darling: My Dress Up Wh***. I consider that to be very insulting and hateful especially more insulting and hateful then any other post or comments on this thread. Now if you don’t like that show then fine you don’t like the show but please don’t use that kind of insulting language on this thread.

She's a whore though, she strips naked in front of strange men she doesn't know. She probably has an only-fans account too lmao. Absolutely disgusting behavior. Whore is a perfectly normal description for her.
Oct 15, 2022 9:41 PM

Oct 2020
AnimeTyger said:
For me it’s Cowboy Bebop. I felt like it had little to no character development or growth. For me I found that it lacked a strong story to keep me invested and I found the episodic nature of the anime to be really boring especially with an interesting concept and world. Don’t get me wrong I’ve watched other episodic shows but they were able to keep me invested unlike Cowboy Bebop. So how about you what anime does everyone else love but you don’t?
spitting facts rn, literally the same thing happened to me 😂

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Oct 15, 2022 9:58 PM
Feb 2021
AnimeTyger said:
Bhavya7 said:

The main thing that got me was what they did to Gon. Out of the 150 episodes of him training and getting stronger they just decide to toss him aside at the end. That really irked me.
are you talking about manga? cause in manga he has next to zero appearance in dark continent arc so far yet lol
Oct 15, 2022 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
Hunter x Hunter apparently. I just couldn't get into it, and I think Togashi did a better job with Yu Yu Hakusho anyway.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 15, 2022 10:07 PM

Mar 2021
I went into Neon Genesis Evangelion expecting it to be something incredible but instead it ended up being my lowest rated anime yet
Oct 15, 2022 10:19 PM
Oct 2022
Bhavya7 said:
AnimeTyger said:

are you talking about manga? cause in manga he has next to zero appearance in dark continent arc so far yet lol

I’m just talking about the ending of the 2011 anime
Oct 15, 2022 10:23 PM

Feb 2017
Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop etc. I just have trouble keeping up with the stories.
My Candies:
Oct 15, 2022 10:25 PM

Mar 2020
Kimetsu no Yaiba. Yeah it's a great show but most anime fans love it but I do not. I like it but not love I guess. 😂
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 15, 2022 10:36 PM

May 2022
Hotarubi no Mori e (Into the Forest of Fireflies' Light)

A Place Further Than The Universe

Daily Lives of High School Boys
Oct 15, 2022 10:45 PM

Feb 2021
Horimiya and Uzaki-chan are pretty boring but so many people actually like them.
Oct 15, 2022 11:06 PM

Feb 2021
Konosuba made me realize that isekai isn't for me. Also, Your Lie in April.

🍧 when life gives you lemons,
grab a popsicle and a bazooka

Oct 15, 2022 11:18 PM
Aug 2021
AoT (is garbage except for S3P2)
Kaiji (shite)
A silent voice (utter shite)
HxH (tons of plotholes)
Blue lock (new but ep1 was utter shite)
Mushoku Tensei (pos MC)
solrulesOct 15, 2022 11:27 PM
Oct 15, 2022 11:22 PM
Wolfie

Oct 2009
that would be one piece for me. i remember getting copies of shonen jump in the mail and i tried to read everything in it but after a while, i ended up skipping it. i just don't get the appeal *shrug*
I am the wind, wild and free. Come chase me and you will see. Dare you follow me into my dark abyss, Tread carefully should your heart go amiss. I left this world on swift paw. My fur shimmering without a flaw. I only come on night's wing. When the moon is full I do sing. The saddest of requiems, the loneliest song. You never saw me all along. For I am only in your dreams, in your Nightmares.
Oct 15, 2022 11:31 PM

Dec 2021
The Monster Girl reviewers anime,although not sure how much of the fans actually liked it and how many were just ironically supporting it
Oct 15, 2022 11:35 PM

Dec 2020
One piece

I don't hate the show infact I like it but I never liked it's majority of the fights whole heartedly. The goofy and lame ass fights are the weakest part of the show.

Lycoris recoil

The show was good at the beginning cause the focus was on the characters but then it started to focus on its weak plot which made the anime mid asl.
HeadpattsOct 16, 2022 2:37 AM
Oct 15, 2022 11:49 PM

Sep 2018
Rezero
I didnt like anything about the shoe besides the characters Ram, Petelgeuse, and Julius
Oct 15, 2022 11:50 PM
Aug 2022
Season 3 of Kaguya sama. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons. But season 3 just bored me to death except the final episode.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guess the Socionics types of your Favorite characters (fast and easy way provided)

IpreferEcchi - Jun 28

2 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » will you love your waifu if they become fat in the future?

deg - Jul 1

24 by HanamiDango »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you feel about panchira?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
20 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

140 by perseii »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you actually care about relatable characters?

Akuya - Yesterday

25 by six20 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.