Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2022 10:46 AM
Jul 2019
everyone is basically "sasuga ainz sama"
Aug 23, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2020
well that's quite an interesting proposition by the king...

also Philip is THAT guy huh
Aug 23, 2022 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
Super annoying hissing sound when Ainz was sitting on his throne.
Aug 23, 2022 10:55 AM
Nov 2018
Chanbara said:
Aapjuh said:
Subtitles are mixing up Holy Kingdom and Slane Theocracy, right?
What a cluster F.

LMAO
The worst thing they could have done, everyone will be confused.

I know, I was thanks for clarifying, I wonder what was going over at kadhouse when this happed?
Aug 23, 2022 10:59 AM

Feb 2011
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. On the other hand, I wish Holy Kingdom and Slain Theocracy were the same and we'd see the characters hinted at in earlier seasons sooner. Sadly, we all know the goal was to target a kingdom that was willing to accept help from nonhumans. I had a lot of mixed feelings about the whole arc in general. Loved the new characters, but the direction of the conflict was ... I'll just say I'd prefer all intelligent nonhumans within the story to fall under the Sorcerer Kingdom as opposed to what ends up happening. (Nonhuman vs Nonhuman) I wouldn't even mind if they skipped the arc all together. It'd save me the trouble of having to wait for the adaptation to catch up to where I've read.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 23, 2022 11:07 AM

Jul 2015

God I am freaking loving this season.. Love how the nazarick beings are actually worried about things.. Something that they never felt when they were just violently massacring people

I extremely cannot wait for the next episode and see how Albedo will respond..
Aug 23, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
IKKIsama said:

Dude I logged into MAL (been years ago) just to check if someone else noticed this! It was insanely annoying, I thought it came from outside at first or if bird sounds got picked up during the recording of the VA's. No idea why they decided to keep that in if intentional. Otherwise the episode was OK, not too exciting but the build up is going somewhere for sure.
Aug 23, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2010
Another sasuga Ainz-sama episode. I am seeing the end of this kingdom beginning. Lol at the king thinking the noble is innocent when he stole from the sorcerer kingdom >.>
Aug 23, 2022 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
Just as I thought this will be like S1 instead of that piece of shit of S3, it just skips who knows how much time since happenings of the last episode and fucks up any semblance of continuity. Ainz just killed a dragon and now we already have not only a functioning dwarf kingdom but also dragon kingdom and one other I'm not ever sure mentioned before. It's hard to give a damn about the story now without knowledge of circumstances around the political plots and backdoor machinations. It's like skipping couple of rounds in a battle tournament centered story without even acknowledging one of the main characters died then.

aig1s said:
IKKIsama said:

Dude I logged into MAL (been years ago) just to check if someone else noticed this! It was insanely annoying, I thought it came from outside at first or if bird sounds got picked up during the recording of the VA's. No idea why they decided to keep that in if intentional. Otherwise the episode was OK, not too exciting but the build up is going somewhere for sure.
It was the staff levitating at the side of the throne. Seems like Ainz summoned it while the woman was brought to be questioned. Guess for safety.
AntanaruAug 23, 2022 11:46 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 23, 2022 11:59 AM

Feb 2007
The king is doing exactly what Ainz said earlier, taking responsibility as a superior to protect his subordinates. Quite admirable, even if the guy really doesn't deserve such consideration.

Stark700 said:
Sometimes, you have to wonder what's going on in Philip's head.

Nothing, as usual.
Aug 23, 2022 12:20 PM
Sep 2019
boy this cliffhanger
Aug 23, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2020
the sorcerer kingdom did not let that slide
Aug 23, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Im gonna be in the minority in this but it needs to be said. STOP WASTING SCREEN TIME WITH NOBLES AND OTHER KINGDOMS. They are not interesting.
Aug 23, 2022 1:13 PM

Mar 2021
Good episode really set things up well for the Witch of the Fallen Kingdom arc. There was some post Holy Kingdom stuff going on which was a little weird but not a big deal. It was funny seeing how the characters reacted to Phillips stupidity.

I'll just say the Anime onlys are going to go wild this arc and leave it at that.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Aug 23, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2014
The fool has finally dealt his hand. Judgement awaits him now.

And we're back at SASUGA AINZ-SAMA again with Demiruge's conclusion of the plot. Poor Empire got the Carrot and the Kingdom gets the stick. All that quoting Ainz-sama's violence breeds violence was all for naught when they all went lets kill all of em.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 23, 2022 1:24 PM
Mar 2022
next week for sure going to be the start of some conflict that's for sure. Definitely feels like the theocracy or someone else is up to something by nudging that baron into foolishly attacking the sorcerer kingdom carts.
Aug 23, 2022 1:28 PM

Mar 2020
idk if it's only my subtitles,bt jst to be clear,

the sorcerer kingdom is sending food to holy kingdom,not the theocracy,the reason to why they r sending it to holy kingdom will be explained in the movie that got announced,the series skipped that arc and is adapting it into a movie so that's why it's a bit confusing
Aug 23, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2018
We finally got to see Nabe, missed her so much. Her screentime in the fourth season as of now is limited but might see her more later on. Albedo's working her ass off with the stupid noble who messed up their plan but the King wants to offer his life in order to bring their relationships back on point. Pretty sure she won't agree on it.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 23, 2022 1:37 PM

Feb 2019
Lmaoo at ainz being totally caught off guard by everyone’s suggestions. I never get tired of his reactions to how extreme they can be.
Aug 23, 2022 1:38 PM
Jul 2021
Ah Ainz, we are of the same mind. When I saw Hilma my first reaction was “who is she?”. I wonder if Albedo will just cut the king’s head on the spot or check in with Ainz first . . . I kind of want to see her cut it off on the spot . . .
Aug 23, 2022 2:18 PM

Aug 2011
bruh am I crazy or do I hear some weird ass whistling or wind sound that starts at 11:28
Aug 23, 2022 2:40 PM
Aug 2011
I have seen a lot of dumb/stupid characters in anime but none equals Phillip! My God!! Can he be even more stupid!!
Aug 23, 2022 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
The gang is just glad that Ainz is so wise he can even understand what an idiot is thinking but you know how it goes, takes an idiot to understand an idiot, so the name of the kingdom was wrong, I was scratching my head why would they be sending them food, I can barely remember anything from previous seasons so I was quite confused.
Aug 23, 2022 3:34 PM

Sep 2019
I always like how the floor guardians misunderstand Ains and praise him and he even doesnt know what the plan actually was.i cant wait to see the ending of the series.
Aug 23, 2022 4:35 PM
Jan 2022
A nice episode overall. Lord Phillip seems an interesting character. The dialogues weren't neither too complicated nor irritating. Despite the lack of action scenes, the episode was really fun to watch. Can't wait to see what the Sercerer Kingdom will do about the robbery of the carriage and what measures they'll take
Aug 23, 2022 5:13 PM
Nov 2021
Not much happened in the episode so didn't particularly like it, but I imagine its just setting up the stage for more conflict so not much can be expected. Is a King's head worth that of a Fool's?
Aug 23, 2022 5:13 PM

May 2021
Like others have said, the subtitles were really confusing in this episode. I thought the Theocracy had been conquered and we would come to see this in the movie.

Anyways, Hilma saying something absolutely normal like "I fully trust the Sorcerer King" while having a tone of climaxing completely cracked me up.

Aug 23, 2022 5:16 PM

Aug 2019
Zane_0 said:
bruh am I crazy or do I hear some weird ass whistling or wind sound that starts at 11:28

That's the guild staff that's floating next to the throne. It always had that sound effect in every scene in every season when it's floating, it's not something new.
YaggamyAug 23, 2022 5:37 PM
Aug 23, 2022 5:27 PM

Mar 2010
FUCK I NEED FUCKING MORE FUCK FUCK FUCK

SEGGGSSS?? fuck that I need overlord haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 23, 2022 5:59 PM
Jan 2019
i dont want share my though, this is just pure good execution dictator anime genre
Aug 23, 2022 6:09 PM
Nov 2021
very good i love the series
Aug 23, 2022 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
Yaggamy said:
Zane_0 said:

That's the guild staff that's floating next to the throne. It always had that sound effect in every scene in every season when it's floating, it's not something new.

crazy how I watch the rest of the seasons but didn't somehow notice it until season 4 lol
Aug 23, 2022 6:59 PM

Aug 2019
Zane_0 said:
Yaggamy said:

crazy how I watch the rest of the seasons but didn't somehow notice it until season 4 lol

Watch season 1 episode 1 at 5:20 & 10:55, it has the same floating sound effect.
Aug 23, 2022 7:24 PM

Feb 2022
increible plot twist el del final
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Aug 23, 2022 7:26 PM
Jun 2022
as ln reader knowing this eps end in that scene. i just can say that great way to end this eps.
Aug 23, 2022 7:48 PM

Sep 2015
As expected of Overlord, just another great episode.
Aug 23, 2022 7:53 PM
Dec 2015
Rexnihilo said:
Also someone fix the subs please. It's holy kingdom not Theocracy

No wonder I was so confused
Aug 23, 2022 7:57 PM

Jan 2021
Phillip is one dumb mf

Aug 23, 2022 8:11 PM
Mar 2019
I like Ainz's inner monologues, where he seems to have no idea what's going on.
Time for Albedo to shine.
Aug 23, 2022 11:24 PM
Apr 2020
Guess they're really making a movie of holy Kingdom arc which has 2 whole volumes. Man that's gonna be super rushed, hope they don't ruin it.
Aug 24, 2022 12:51 AM
Jun 2014
Many think this scene is Baron Philip's fault. It was true, Philip didn't think about the repercussions of his actions.
The impact of his actions can ignite the fire of war with the wizarding country. And from the words of Prince Zanac himself, he had to avoid the war that took place with the Wizarding Nation, because of the unreasonable power of that country and became a vassal state of Ainz's Wizard Nation.

Maybe many viewers and including us think that it's better to be a subordinate of a wizard country than to feel the cruelty of an unreasonable wizard country in that world.

But I had time to think, what if in our world there is a country (or call it a people) that has insane power that makes no sense like a wizarding country. both power, technology, treasure, and others that dominate this world.

Do we as human beings have to be subordinate to that country, or do we fight for fear of being terrorized by that country?

I think this case will happen in the future, where the Dajjal has descended on earth, and he will try to lead and rule our world. Either with power, technology, politics, wealth, even magic he can do. Bringing the dead back to life is possible, just as Ainz could do

Dajjal also rules the earth from the east to the west. Dajjal is the source of the big slander that will occur before the Day of Judgment. The release of the Dajjal is a sign of the apocalypse. At that time, many people were affected by the slander of the Antichrist who claimed to be God. This was practically the same as Ainz and the wizarding nation.

So we only have two choices, whether we will go to war with the wizarding country (or the dajjal) and die a martyr's death, or we will submit to the dajjal's rule, and enjoy temporary pleasures.
Aug 24, 2022 1:20 AM
Dec 2017
This season has far higher quality, than the previous one, and it is very enjoyable, which are positives. However, I really feel, that this was a huge missed opportunity (especially with this much care), with the amount of cut content, the arc skips, and the lack of explanation and short recap for anime-only watchers.
Moreover, I really fear, that with the lack of context, timeline explanation, and the shit storm which is coming down by the end of this season (which will make the skipped content less impactful), the movie won't do that well among anime onlies, and also a single movie will simply not be enough for the 2 volumes.
The Sacred Kingdom arc is my favorite, partially because Neia is the best girl, and I am a bit disappointed, that I will have to wait for that, and that it will be a single movie, with very short screen time for Neia and Shizu, and every other thing because those volumes are packed, both with content, and quality.
I would rather watch a whole single or two-cour season just about the Sacred Kingdom arc, even if in exchange they wouldn't adept anything from the second part of this season, and end the story there.
Aug 24, 2022 1:52 AM

Apr 2009
Yes let's do away with that noble who thinks too much of himself, he was used....now he's useless and useless things are now disposable
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 24, 2022 2:08 AM
Dec 2016
wow amazing ending
Aug 24, 2022 3:14 AM
Jul 2021
I think this season is by far the most addicting one.
Maybe it is because is the first time I watch overlord When its airing but Im loving this season
Aug 24, 2022 3:15 AM
Jul 2021
sandwich-boy said:
Season 4 op wasn’t as good as season 1-3

For me this one is at the same level as the others if not better.
Thought I'm getting tired of voracity...
Aug 24, 2022 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
Albedo reveals the grand plan and Ainz has no clue, seems like he really lost track of all his actions and ambitions.
Good that his underlings are kind enough to believe in him without second thoughts, it's really adorable.

Sei-oukoku, Slaine Houkoku
Well, I don't care about the human nations in this show, they are all so silly and cunning.
No wonder they get mixed up.
FabienneAug 24, 2022 4:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2022 5:18 AM
Apr 2021
OMG THIS EPISODE WAS EXTREMELY GOOD IMO and yes Ik they fucked up on the subtitles I’m an anime only and realized that as I was watching the episode bc I got slightly confused. But anyway back to the topic I loved how all the floor guardians are growing more and think better instead of acting like mindless NPC’s especially Shalltear and Aura🥰 (I love Aura she’s my favourite) and I liked how Hilma was so happy that her “punishment” was finding countermeasures to what that noble has caused instead of receiving torture or something painful bc of what happened. And the King offering his head was reallllly surprising I wasn’t expecting that at all😯
Aug 24, 2022 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
FINALLY ALBEDO SCREEN TIME!!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Aug 24, 2022 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
One thing I can never get tired of is Ain's internal monologues and funny reactions to his subordinates that catch him off-guard. While the latter plays off well in terms of humour, the former is a nice insight of him thinking whether he's making the right move or not, amongst other things.

Still, it was interesting to see how the incident caused by the idiot Phillip was handled. An episode like this that was pretty much filled to the brim with dialogue was still engaging and fun. The ending was rather juicy, too. I look forward to the next episode. =)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

160 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 4:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.