Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 23, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2022
Well, done faffing about here on the boards for a bit. Time to get back to work on the computer, head and out and get some errands ran... but later ta'night... MORE Nadia and JEEG ROBO

Catch Ya'll On The Flip Side.

Mar 23, 2022 11:42 AM
Feb 2021
I am focusing on completing Food Wars, Platinum End, Vampire Knight S2, Maid-Sama! and from time to time I watch a few episodes of Boruto and although rarely some One Piece episodes. After that I will binge My Dress-Up Darling and maybe focus on Hunter x Hunter.
Mar 23, 2022 11:58 AM

May 2020
mans is down bad trying to boost his forum post count any way possible
Mar 24, 2022 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Slimsith said:

Exactly.

I personally can't see the fuss over watching anime, certain conditions apply like don't get so into it you fail to meet the simple things like rent, job, school.

I had a few nurses I could talk to about anime and it happened to be the usual take that they'd like AoT, Death Note and Demon Slayer.

This one nurse/blood technician was just all about Demon Slayer, she told me about MAL and I signed up there.

Fandom aside, I understand opinions and perspective have their extremists, but I like this place for it being a resource to draw upon for all kinds of anime like:

The synopsis is all over the place as far as Golden Bat's origin, but wth, why not.
People might call this bad/trash, but I think it's a trip because costume alone it's simple like Saitama's, but the scepter and skull?
It's just trippy, weird anime that's got no plot except kicking ass to whatever gives trouble while laughing.
Classic IMO.

Oh wow. I dunno what generation those nurses are in but I see more millennials and generation Z who are in the workforce easily talk about mainstream stuff or sometimes really rare kinds of stuff that others enjoy and I love that.
Nurses, who watch animes? Men, I wanna meet them and talk to them about it too. I had a teacher who talks of animes. I remember we had a conversation about FMA and MHA in class. I have a bunch of other teachers who talk about games like Fortnite, assassins creed and others. I kinda love this feeling of 'we have grown to fit within the system but we will never forget what made our childhood' kind of feeling.
That's really nice and chilled. I like that.

Yeah, MAL is a cool place. For like 3 years straight, I used it as a place to find new animes to watch or to record what I have watched so far. Just last year that I realised that I can do more than that. Within the first year that I was using MAL, I just created the account and forgot about it, like weeks after.

I have not watched the anime but I have seen a review on it. It feels like it is one of those animes that is chilled and just there for anyone who is interested. Those who truly appreciated the series were the ones who watched it whilst it was released and stuff because it was what they considered animes of their time.
Others just would talk crap about it because it doesn't meet their expectations. Like, take your expectations somewhere else.

Here's the review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExePeYkGwA . check the comments as well.
This YouTuber makes really good reviews of old animes. He is the main reason why I would like to watch older animes on VHS, CDs, DVDs and cassettes if I get my hands on them.

removed-userMar 24, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 25, 2022 5:43 AM

May 2021
Watching Fruits Basket S2 at the moment.

Mar 25, 2022 9:57 AM
May 2021
therefore-I-AM said:
Slimsith said:

Exactly.

I personally can't see the fuss over watching anime, certain conditions apply like don't get so into it you fail to meet the simple things like rent, job, school.

I had a few nurses I could talk to about anime and it happened to be the usual take that they'd like AoT, Death Note and Demon Slayer.

This one nurse/blood technician was just all about Demon Slayer, she told me about MAL and I signed up there.

Fandom aside, I understand opinions and perspective have their extremists, but I like this place for it being a resource to draw upon for all kinds of anime like:

The synopsis is all over the place as far as Golden Bat's origin, but wth, why not.
People might call this bad/trash, but I think it's a trip because costume alone it's simple like Saitama's, but the scepter and skull?
It's just trippy, weird anime that's got no plot except kicking ass to whatever gives trouble while laughing.
Classic IMO.

Oh wow. I dunno what generation those nurses are in but I see more millennials and generation Z who are in the workforce easily talk about mainstream stuff or sometimes really rare kinds of stuff that others enjoy and I love that.
Nurses, who watch animes? Men, I wanna meet them and talk to them about it too. I had a teacher who talks of animes. I remember we had a conversation about FMA and MHA in class. I have a bunch of other teachers who talk about games like Fortnite, assassins creed and others. I kinda love this feeling of 'we have grown to fit within the system but we will never forget what made our childhood' kind of feeling.
That's really nice and chilled. I like that.

Yeah, MAL is a cool place. For like 3 years straight, I used it as a place to find new animes to watch or to record what I have watched so far. Just last year that I realised that I can do more than that. Within the first year that I was using MAL, I just created the account and forgot about it, like weeks after.

I have not watched the anime but I have seen a review on it. It feels like it is one of those animes that is chilled and just there for anyone who is interested. Those who truly appreciated the series were the ones who watched it whilst it was released and stuff because it was what they considered animes of their time.
Others just would talk crap about it because it doesn't meet their expectations. Like, take your expectations somewhere else.

Here's the review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExePeYkGwA . check the comments as well.
This YouTuber makes really good reviews of old animes. He is the main reason why I would like to watch older animes on VHS, CDs, DVDs and cassettes if I get my hands on them.

Damn.
Didn't expect it to go that far, I thought it was just gonna be a 5 minute synopsis.
I wasn't expecting any archaeological media digs, like that guy did.
Mar 25, 2022 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Slimsith said:

Damn.
Didn't expect it to go that far, I thought it was just gonna be a 5 minute synopsis.

IKR? pretty awesome. I love the passion he pours into it as well. Makes it enjoyable. You should check out his other reviews, it's just fun. I love it when he also talks about how he got the animes. It seems like he puts in a lot of effort. He needs to be the director of the museum of animes or something.
removed-userMar 25, 2022 1:27 PM
Mar 25, 2022 1:34 PM

Apr 2021
Haven't actually watched anything yet today since I finished Love Live yesterday but I plan on starting dmcb today
Mar 27, 2022 12:47 AM
Mar 2022
I've been watching Cells at Work recently.
Mar 27, 2022 1:05 AM
Mar 2022
orange- its pretty good but also semi-sadly relatable, the animation and character building are top notch. its wholesome in part but sad in others.
Mar 27, 2022 1:18 AM

Dec 2019
Nothing :(

Hopefully should start plowing through 20 shows at once in the following days though. And several 100's more afterwards to get me caught up after this pathetic hiatus.
Mar 27, 2022 1:43 PM

Jan 2022
My son and I just finished the KONOSUBA movie in the three pack DVD Box Set

and now we into (just starting) Episode 2 of Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer Season 2

Yap. Going to be a nice Anime Guy Day Sunday with my 13 year old. He's the one that got me into Kimetsu no Yaiba in the first place.
Mar 27, 2022 4:18 PM
May 2021
therefore-I-AM said:
Slimsith said:

Damn.

IKR? pretty awesome. I love the passion he pours into it as well. Makes it enjoyable. You should check out his other reviews, it's just fun. I love it when he also talks about how he got the animes. It seems like he puts in a lot of effort. He needs to be the director of the museum of animes or something.

LOL.

Hey anyone with a hands on out of print copy to old-assed anime that's in perfect condition has my respect.
Collecting and Preserving antiquities is a difficult and costly hobby.
Mar 28, 2022 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Slimsith said:
therefore-I-AM said:

LOL.

Hey anyone with a hands on out of print copy to old-assed anime that's in perfect condition has my respect.
Collecting and Preserving antiquities is a difficult and costly hobby.

same. Thye have all my respect. the time, dedication, efforts, preservation, passion and expenses. I can't imagine. Respect is all I will have.
Mar 28, 2022 6:06 AM

Mar 2021
Looking to finish Hunter X Hunter today, Im at ep 129 right now.
Apr 6, 2022 12:09 PM

Jan 2022
Celebrating my Level 44 today and decided to get back to Girls und Panzer with watching DAS FINALE Part 2 (watched Part 1 a few weeks ago). Plenty to do the rest of the night, but right now it's all about Shensha-Do.

Apr 7, 2022 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
Kill La Kill, it's a heck million times better than TTGL so far
Apr 7, 2022 12:59 AM

Mar 2018
Currently watching the 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam been using it as a filler when I don't know what else to watch. Just finished a Madoka Magica rewatch and shieeeeeeeeeeeet.
Apr 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Oct 2020
Currently one piece and sword art online.
Nothing special...
Apr 17, 2022 3:51 PM

Jan 2022
Finally getting around to it. Second Season of Sailor Moon.

Apr 17, 2022 3:57 PM

Sep 2008
Currently watching Akudama Drive for an older title.
Apr 17, 2022 4:08 PM

May 2021
Kenpuu Denki Berserk, I'm watching as much Berserk related anime as I can, completed the movie trilogy from 2012-2013 yesterday.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Apr 17, 2022 4:44 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Date a Live. Is it good? No. Why am I doing it? Who knows.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 17, 2022 11:41 PM

Aug 2020
Not watching anything lately, but currently I'm reading Kingdom. Will binge read it sometime.
KirisakeiApr 17, 2022 11:45 PM

Apr 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Feb 2020
Smile PreCure! + multiple seasonals:

- Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story
- Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall
- Deaimon
- Estab Life: Great Escape
- Gunjou no Fanfare
- Healer Girl
- Heroine Tarumono!: Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto
- Jantama Pong☆
- Kono Healer, Mendokusai
- Love All Play
- Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season
- Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume
- Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki
- Onipan!
- RPG Fudousan
- Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai.
- Shadowverse Flame
- Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road

SerafosApr 18, 2022 12:06 AM
Apr 18, 2022 12:05 AM

Sep 2020
I'm watching these:

Seasonal:

Non-seasonal:
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Today

29 by RainyEvenings »»
5 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who's watched Tokyo Mew Mew

Jukemania - Yesterday

25 by RainyEvenings »»
7 minutes ago

» Can I have the losing girl?

BerriesSan - Sep 19

18 by Serafos »»
15 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - 6 hours ago

20 by Serafos »»
16 minutes ago

» Which anime in the top 10, deserves the love?

Spoonmaster12 - Nov 18, 2021

41 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.