Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 31, 2021 6:15 AM
Jan 2021
i'm going to see it soon, but why is the rating so low? Is it this bad?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2021 6:20 AM
Jan 2021
I mean it’s still SAO after all so don’t expect good ratings…
Oct 31, 2021 6:21 AM
Nov 2019
goldfishluke said:
it just came out so the score will not be that high... Wait a couple days and it will be higher..
Oct 31, 2021 6:22 AM
Apr 2021
goldfishluke said:
it’s only out in Japan for the time being and the number of people who rated it is very low it’s fine the majority of the scores are between a 7-10
Oct 31, 2021 6:22 AM

Jan 2017
goldfishluke said:
i'm going to see it soon, but why is the rating so low?

The scores are weighted , so it also take into account the "popularity" number.
There is actually only 121 peoples who rated it , so the "popularity" number is extremely low , bringing the overall score down as hell.

It's totally normal , it's like that for every Anime and it's especially visible for Movies.
Since we need to wait a while before a Movie get outside of Japan , only very few peoples can see it.
Once the Blu-ray get released , allowing most peoples to watch it , the "popularity" will skyrocket , alongside the score.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 31, 2021 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
It just aired in Japanese cinemas, so barely anyone has watched it.

Oct 31, 2021 6:40 AM
Jul 2021
Some of the ratings are from haters trying hard to dip the ratings down in the water without even watching it. There’s even a 1/10 review of a guy in Brasil, where the movie is far from releasing. You know, when it comes to SAO, just watch it yourself, don’t even look at the ratings. Some people acting like sheeps in the herd screaming “SAO is trash”, but believe me they don’t even know what they are talking. Yes, there are people that obsessive about downvoting the franchise.

When it is released in your local theatres, watch it. Don’t even ask or look for reviews and expect anything honest from those. If you don’t believe me, check Reki Kawahara’s MAL author profile, the comment sections are simply two guys making/copying a whole university thesis on “Why SAO is the worst anime in the history”. Like bruh, even the hardcore fans’ analysis is not even that long.

In short, just watch it and judge it for yourself. AVOID the bandwagon.
DeMarcKOct 31, 2021 7:52 AM
Stonks
Oct 31, 2021 6:50 AM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
I watch it in the future because it is bad.
Oct 31, 2021 7:02 AM
Jun 2017
This is SAO. People score it without even watching. Who cares, as long as the SAO is high or low, it doesn't matter. Almost 10 years, there are so many people who hate it, vilify it but it's still there.
Oct 31, 2021 7:16 AM
Jan 2021
The movie’s only out in Japan rn, so most of the ratings are people who haven’t seen the movie and are just going with what they know about SAO’s score history. Come December it’ll definitely get a boost
Oct 31, 2021 7:27 AM

May 2021
I have watched it and it's better than I expected but it's still too early because it was only released in Japan for the time being so the ratings will go up as many people watch it. And also, there are those keyboard warriors, you know what I mean.

So, yeah I think it will surely go up around 7.5 at the very least but according to me it's definitely a 8.
Oct 31, 2021 8:10 AM
Apr 2021
Where are you even watching it? I have crunchyroll, funimation, and VRV. And I cant find it
Oct 31, 2021 8:13 AM

Jan 2017
kalebsmoker said:
Where are you even watching it? I have crunchyroll, funimation, and VRV. And I cant find it

It's only out in Japanese theaters for the moment , and it was announced to be released in US & Canada theater on 3rd December.
For online sites , you will have to wait for the Blu-ray to be released in around 6 months-1 year later.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Oct 31, 2021 8:21 AM

Mar 2015
There's also some review bombs that are helping the score to go down, it will go up as soon as more people watch the movie
Oct 31, 2021 8:49 AM

Aug 2017
bruh check the stats. It's weighted with all the 1-7s but there are a lot 10s. so let's wait and see
itiswhatitis
Oct 31, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2021
herofelix77 said:
I mean it’s still SAO after all so don’t expect good ratings…
you are wrong. How can you trust a show whose ratings are provided by only 150 viewer? Look at the statistics, it's a great movie 100+ rated 10 and only 10 haters rated 1 and that's without watching I can say.
Oct 31, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2021
goldfishluke said:
only Japanese fans have watched it and most rated it 10+ so you have to wait at least till February 2022 to get a good set score
Oct 31, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2021
goldfishluke said:

Bro what are you saying???? It's just come out now and Only 130 of people give their ratings wait some week to get proper reviews and rating...and ofcourse If you have to watch Then go watch ,don't change your thinking just because of others opinion...
Oct 31, 2021 12:02 PM
Aug 2019
If you look at the "stats" tab, just quickly glancing at it you can tell that it's not actually that low. I'm not totally sure how they do their weighting with scores, but I took the liberty to do that math and the unweighted score came out to be an 8.878 which would be an 8.88 when rounding, placing it in the top 25 highest-rated shows/movies on the site. Of course, barely anybody has rated it, but I'd be shocked if the movie had below an 8 after a few months of it being out.
Oct 31, 2021 12:04 PM

Jan 2017
Zayv said:
I'm not totally sure how they do their weighting with scores

https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Oct 31, 2021 12:24 PM

May 2018
SAO haters hating as always.
Oct 31, 2021 12:51 PM
Oct 2021
goldfishluke said:
maybe haters like that but its just 100+ people rate
Oct 31, 2021 1:10 PM
May 2021
DarkHumor04 said:
I have watched it and it's better than I expected but it's still too early because it was only released in Japan for the time being so the ratings will go up as many people watch it. And also, there are those keyboard warriors, you know what I mean.

So, yeah I think it will surely go up around 7.5 at the very least but according to me it's definitely a 8.

Where can you watch it?
Oct 31, 2021 3:16 PM

May 2019
MAL doesn't like SAO¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 31, 2021 4:54 PM
Feb 2021
MAL and its elitist loves hating on SAO and they thinks its pretty cool too. Have you seen that one douchebag in review sections reviewing movie, he leaves in Brazil and reviewed the movie which isn't even released in Outside except Japan,talk about the hatred on the show. If you want to watch SAO you should never trust the MAL rating, just go watch it by yourself and decide for your own.
Oct 31, 2021 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
Lol superfans inflated the score to 67% 10/10s and expected Karma to not hit them back.

A bad Anime will always suffer from KARMA if you want to get above 8.00 it won't be happening because lot of fans are conscious enough to give it low scores.
Oct 31, 2021 5:50 PM

May 2021
mensashotaro said:
DarkHumor04 said:

Where can you watch it?

I watched it in a theatre in Osaka as I was in Japan with my family for a trip .
And no streaming site currently has it so, you need to wait till it releases in your respective country or for the blu-ray release.
Oct 31, 2021 5:54 PM
May 2021
DarkHumor04 said:
mensashotaro said:

Where can you watch it?

I watched it in a theatre in Osaka as I was in Japan with my family for a trip .
And no streaming site currently has it so, you need to wait till it releases in your respective country or for the blu-ray release.

Lucky you bro, and yeah man, I gotta wait until December 9 :(
Oct 31, 2021 6:34 PM
Jul 2021
RealKurapikaTard said:
Lol superfans inflated the score to 67% 10/10s and expected Karma to not hit them back.

A bad Anime will always suffer from KARMA if you want to get above 8.00 it won't be happening because lot of fans are conscious enough to give it low scores.

“A fan will concious enough to give it low score”. Uhm… there’s a guy in Brasil already reviewing the movie. He also tried to give it a low score but was not “concious” enough to realize it was only released in Japan. So… you tell me was it “conciousness”, or pure toxic hatred?

And lmao, karma? What are are talking bro? Are you implying that liking something is a sin? Lol, get off. Delete the app and your account bro. “ Don’t create a MAL account if you can’t tolerate others’ tastes”.
DeMarcKOct 31, 2021 6:49 PM
Stonks
Oct 31, 2021 6:54 PM
Jul 2021
Zayv said:
If you look at the "stats" tab, just quickly glancing at it you can tell that it's not actually that low. I'm not totally sure how they do their weighting with scores, but I took the liberty to do that math and the unweighted score came out to be an 8.878 which would be an 8.88 when rounding, placing it in the top 25 highest-rated shows/movies on the site. Of course, barely anybody has rated it, but I'd be shocked if the movie had below an 8 after a few months of it being out.

Like really though, I know the system does not use mean score but weighted mean score. But you see how can two scores (mean & weighted mean) deviate so much from each other? On a scale of 10, that’s already a deviation of 1.5-2. I really don’t understand how they gave “weight” to the ratings but that deviation does not look right.
Stonks
Oct 31, 2021 7:01 PM
Oct 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
MAL and its elitist loves hating on SAO and they thinks its pretty cool too. Have you seen that one douchebag in review sections reviewing movie, he leaves in Brazil and reviewed the movie which isn't even released in Outside except Japan,talk about the hatred on the show. If you want to watch SAO you should never trust the MAL rating, just go watch it by yourself and decide for your own.
nobody is hating on SAOP here, it's just 200 viewers, so if the appalling rating gets only 1 vote and 10 gets a 100, then also the rating will decrease to 9 just with single vote
Oct 31, 2021 7:16 PM
Feb 2021
Uttam_Kalita said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
nobody is hating on SAOP here, it's just 200 viewers, so if the appalling rating gets only 1 vote and 10 gets a 100, then also the rating will decrease to 9 just with single vote
Well,they do treat it as some sort of abomination. Not everybody but most of them though.
Oct 31, 2021 10:18 PM
Oct 2021
Sao haters are so eager to give sao p movie 1 star rating lmao.. Sao lives rent free in their minds..
Nov 1, 2021 12:08 AM

Jan 2017
... The number of ultra-fan of SAO trying to push the fault on haters while it's just because the scores are weighted... Incredible.

DeMarcK said:
Like really though, I know the system does not use mean score but weighted mean score. [...] I really don’t understand how they gave “weight” to the ratings but that deviation does not look right.

https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

They also use the number of peoples who rate the Anime and the mean score of the entire database.
Otherwise , won't a new Movie that just got released in Japan with like 200 viewers at most from MAL automatically be Top 5 ? What about those very obscures shows with like 50 vote which 35 of them are 10/10 ?
It's totally normal for a database/ranking site to do this , otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all. (Every site do this , for example IMDb or Metacritic)

+ There is also the Illegitimate Accounts/Votes Detection.

Anyway , for the score of SAO , it's very low actually because of the weighted score taking into account the popularity.
For the same reason , it'll skyrocket once it get released in the theaters outside of Japan and will then decrease with the BD release , getting the "final" real score , like absolutely every Movie before.
Alexioos95Nov 1, 2021 12:13 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 1, 2021 3:45 AM
Feb 2021
It's getting another movie in 2022
Nov 1, 2021 4:27 AM

Nov 2007
The next part is titled Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo (冥き夕闇のスケルツォ)
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/451790
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 1, 2021 4:32 AM

Oct 2018
Idk, almost 200 Mal users rated it, then damn 200 Mal people did watch in Japan. I'm jealous :''''(
Nov 1, 2021 4:33 AM
Apr 2018
goldfishluke said:

Don't worry about it. Mugen Train gets 7.36 in the beginning but blows it up to 8.7 after 1 month. On every myanimelist entry, there's definitely lived a bunch of weirdos that really likes to give 1 for the score. I'm not a big fan of SAO but they're either idiots or have pure trash taste
Nov 1, 2021 4:42 AM
Oct 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Uttam_Kalita said:
Well,they do treat it as some sort of abomination. Not everybody but most of them though.
but they haven't till now. Only like 20 people have rated less than 7 out of 200, the rating is bad just because people are less. I bet after more people Will watch, the rating will increase to at least 7.6-8.10
Nov 1, 2021 8:06 AM
Jun 2021
People usually hate on sao so I guess it’s just people who’ve haven’t even watched it review bombing it
Nov 1, 2021 9:08 AM
Jun 2021
Most people are review bombing it without even watching the movie, fking haters
Nov 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2020
The ratings of movies normally get higher as time passes, so why did this one drop from 7.01 to 6.98?
I mean come on, I still dont understand what this movie actually lacks. Is the hatred for sao much deeper than I thought?
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 1, 2021 12:02 PM
Jul 2021
l--_--l said:
The ratings of movies normally get higher as time passes, so why did this one drop from 7.01 to 6.98?
I mean come on, I still dont understand what this movie actually lacks. Is the hatred for sao much deeper than I thought?

Short answer, yes and no. Yes is for the backstory on how it gets the hate, and it’s eventful. No is for the reason the haters hate it.

I get that SAO (anime) did have strength and weaknesses back in the day and up to now there’s still some room for improvement, but reasonable people would simply just dislike it (for the weakpoints the franchise has at certain points). While some haters just hates it because ‘it is SAO’.
Stonks
Nov 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Dec 2019
With not even 500 people who've rated it yet, any score right now pretty much means nothing.

Wait a week or so, or even longer after the film drops internationally in December; then, we'll have a more "accurate" score.
Here we go again...
Nov 1, 2021 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
DeMarcK said:
RealKurapikaTard said:

“A fan will concious enough to give it low score”. Uhm… there’s a guy in Brasil already reviewing the movie. He also tried to give it a low score but was not “concious” enough to realize it was only released in Japan. So… you tell me was it “conciousness”, or pure toxic hatred?

And lmao, karma? What are are talking bro? Are you implying that liking something is a sin? Lol, get off. Delete the app and your account bro. “ Don’t create a MAL account if you can’t tolerate others’ tastes”.

LMAO
R U SERIOUS???
I only told the truth here
I'm not saying liking anything is wrong, but if the superfans inflate the score with massive 10/10 bombing then karma will definitely hit them and haters will also attempt to downvote it with 1/10
It's just human conscience that allows us to think rationally
It's universally considered bad so for the real fans ratings don't matter if you like it then enjoy it yourself without telling others who don't enjoy what to do
Nov 1, 2021 10:19 PM
Geass
Apr 2020
A 7 and above is a decent rating for an anime in my opinion
𝐼𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒

https://i.imgur.com/qTzFIST.jpg
Nov 2, 2021 5:20 AM
Apr 2020
Very less people have rated it right now
Nov 2, 2021 3:35 PM
Dec 2020
Looked at the stats, took out a calculator, and got 8.82
If you look, around 65% of people voted 10/10
Its definitely just a glitch or something, this is a lot higher rated than it looks
Nov 3, 2021 9:31 AM

Jan 2017
SnootSnoot said:
Its definitely just a glitch or something, this is a lot higher rated than it looks

Weighted score + Illegitimate Account Detection System = Users can't calculate the real score without the help of an Admin.

We'll get the "real" score once the Blu-ray drops allowing all peoples to watch it.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 3, 2021 9:46 AM
Jun 2019
It’s low rating becase It’s has low member, if you looking the score rate you will see the most people give rating 10/10 but It’s low member rating then the score rating was pull down.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.