Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 23, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
How dare they massacre my boy Kirito???? This guy was not kirito!!! It was a plain isekai mc!!! The character designs were a disgrace to the series!!! Shame on the production and the studio that produced this trash!!! I have nothing else to say except that they should change their job!!! I don’t care about if the animation is exceptional or not when the “Character Designs” are like this!
Also why tf did they add an extra(purple hair girl) when she didn’t exist in the original??? I hate when series do that like is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon!!! She doesn’t add anything to the story!!!
Haroldinho07Jun 23, 2023 12:52 PM
Jun 23, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
Haroldinho07 said:
How dare they massacre my boy Kirito???? This guy was not kirito!!! It was a plain isekai mc!!! The character designs were a disgrace to the series!!! Shame on the production and the studio that produced this trash!!! I have nothing else to say except that they should change their job!!! I don’t care about if the animation is exceptional or not when the “Character Designs” are like this!

Damn dude it wasn’t that bad was meant to focus on asuna as the lead anyway
Jun 23, 2023 11:49 AM
Sep 2021
Who read the manga or the novel of progressive ?
Jun 23, 2023 12:00 PM

Oct 2020
It's just the beginning, u complaining at the first episode......this will be a pretty damn long story, ain't gonna end anytime soon, so just sit back for now, u will get ur Kirito back.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jun 23, 2023 12:19 PM
Jun 2021
Bro stfu this is 100000x better than what came before it in Sao be grateful you get a good remake for such a poorly written anime
Jun 23, 2023 12:26 PM
Sep 2021
Jun 23, 2023 2:20 PM
Jan 2021
"The character designs were a disgrace to the series " lmao. You do know the progressive movies are adapting the progressive light novel right? Written by the original author of SAO. And what do you even want? Kirito only appears at the end and to save Asuna, and he has always been quite plain (at least in the anime)
Jun 23, 2023 2:29 PM
Dec 2021
Haroldinho07 said:
Also why tf did they add an extra(purple hair girl) when she didn’t exist in the original??? I hate when series do that like is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon!!! She doesn’t add anything to the story!!!

The story is focusing on Asuna, there's no reason to complain about
Jun 23, 2023 2:41 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Haroldinho07 said:

I can’t tell if you are trolling or if you are being serious. Like other people have said this will be a long series and it isn’t going to end soon so calm down. These movies are supposed to fill in all the plot holes and missing information we didn’t have in the first season. This movie specifically was supposed to be about how Asuna got introduced to Kirito, SAO, and her back story. Also the “purple haired girl” you said that wasn’t in the main series is the girl that befriended Asuna and introduced her to SAO. I’m a huge fan of SAO and the movie wasn’t that bad so you are entitled to your opinion, but please know what you’re talking and and do some research before speaking out about it 😆
Jun 23, 2023 3:13 PM
Apr 2021
I've read the progressive novels, and I don't agree in Mito not adding anything, she does give a lot more weight to Asuna's actions, compared to the novel. However it is true that due to her, a lot of important scenes were cut from the movie which further develops Kirito and Asuna's relationship.
Jun 23, 2023 6:13 PM
Jan 2023
They destroyed the original LN story. They couldn't even finish adapting it, they added a filler caracter. Half the movie isn't canon. And now, they are skipping the second and third novel.
Jun 23, 2023 6:15 PM
Jan 2023
Bijou146 said:
Haroldinho07 said:

The story is focusing on Asuna, there's no reason to complain about

They LN actually did both justice. The movie just didn't want to stick with the source material.
Jun 23, 2023 6:51 PM
Dec 2020
Kirito was changed?
Jun 23, 2023 9:04 PM
Apr 2023
It was just fine 👍
Jun 23, 2023 9:52 PM
Jul 2020
Wow, Kirito fan I see. Valid I guess.
Jun 23, 2023 11:56 PM
Apr 2023
very nice sao fan out there 🤣🤣🤣when they show things in more depth ppl complain nice Hoping to see more posts like this from ppl🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂
Jun 24, 2023 5:08 AM
Feb 2021
Wasn't kirito like 14 in the beginning of Sao? i think the character designs are fine, they look younger than in the series because they are younger. I am also not a big fan of when the original material is changed, but mito was a great addition to the movie in my opinion, she was an important character for asuna's development in the movie
Jun 24, 2023 9:16 AM
May 2023
I agree with this too. They did kirito wrong. It felt like the season 1 didn't even mean anything after watching this movie. They just decided to seriously nerf Kirito and buff Asuna out of nowhere. The character and bonding of Asuna and Kirito that i loved is gone now. They seriously messed up the movie. Kirito had an certain charm to him because he was badass and overpowered. I agree that they wanted to focus on Asuna on this movie but they didn't have to do Kirito dirty. Why did they do this😭😭
Jun 24, 2023 2:12 PM
Apr 2022
Haroldinho07 said:

Cringiest Kirito fan 😆😆😆😅🌜
Jun 24, 2023 11:22 PM
Dec 2022
Haroldinho07 said:

it's an soft reboot to the series where we see the story through asuna's perspective,so just chill bro
Jun 24, 2023 11:57 PM

Aug 2020
Someone should tell this guy that SAO actually has 2 sequels.
Keep scrolling
Jun 25, 2023 12:07 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
You can always ignore this adaptation and enjoy the very rushed 2012 SAO adaptation instead you know.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 25, 2023 1:47 AM

Mar 2023
As expected from A-1 that the animation quality is top tier, but like, why the fuck does he look like that lmaooo
(im actually referring to the sequel to this movie but when i was watching it i couldnt get this topic out of my head lol)
Jun 25, 2023 4:43 AM
Aug 2021
bro go outside, it's just an anime Jesus. go find a hobby or something and stop talking like this.
Jun 25, 2023 10:16 AM
Apr 2021
Haydorwaldor said:
Haroldinho07 said:

Damn dude it wasn’t that bad was meant to focus on asuna as the lead anyway

actually if it's truly going off progressive it follows both kirito and Asuna, kirito is still MC
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

Sep 2018
lol, I barely noticed a massive change in the character design, only him acting shy in the beginning. Maybe if you're very invested in the character/s...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

254 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 28, 5:25 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

56 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

» Dub??

removed-user - Jul 14, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.