Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2021 2:58 PM

Feb 2021
Sad7727 said:
there's also the little fact that he let sasha & hange die for nothing

lmaoooooooo

It's because he didn't want to sacrifice Historia!
Wait, why wouldn't he sacrifice her if she is just a friend and he got so many other friends killed because he wouldn't sacrifice her..?
Wait.. he knew that everyone are going to detitanize?, so it wasn't even sacrificing Historia. She would just revert back and be fine

Soooo
What?
Apr 7, 2021 2:58 PM

May 2018
The only reason I don't give this a much lower score is that the previous arcs were so good that it would be unfair to them.
Apr 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2020
god thi s was a shit show

May 2018
Xilver said:
Sad7727 said:
there's also the little fact that he let sasha & hange die for nothing

lmaoooooooo

It's because he didn't want to sacrifice Historia!
Wait, why wouldn't he sacrifice her if she is just a friend and he got so many other friends killed because he wouldn't sacrifice her..?
Wait.. he knew that everyone are going to detitanize?, so it wasn't even sacrificing Historia. She would just revert back and be fine

Soooo
What?

Nothing makes sense.
Its so obvious that the ending wasn't planned to be like this.

Jul 2015
Lumiax said:
The only reason I don't give this a much lower score is that the previous arcs were so good that it would be unfair to them.

same here man... I just can't forgot how perfect it was...
Apr 7, 2021 3:01 PM
May 2016
-> Mikasa saved ymir and gave her freedom, why? Only Ymir knows
-> Ymir actually loved the sleezebag king that made her into his slave just cuz
-> Eren out of no where loves Mikasa so much and becomes an incel
-> Lelouch wannabe word for word
-> Jean and Connie just get revived after those last words last chapter
-> AOT is trash
Apr 7, 2021 3:02 PM
Nov 2020
YASHXYZ said:
MAPPAEN said:
Does anyone knows anime/manga where the ending is justified and not rushed?
Because always when i finished completed manga or ongoing manga the authors always are f*cking up the ending. So yeah any reccomendations that won't dissappoint?
have you watched gintama? It's one of the best shounen anime/manga full of comedy & parody, some great action and emotional scenes as well. As for ending I haven't finished it yet so idk for sure but I have heard it's quite good

I know it but haven't watch it yet. Once im am able to think properly i will give it a try. TY for the reccomendation mate.
Apr 7, 2021 3:02 PM

Oct 2018
unironically blunder of the century
Apr 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
Shadzzo said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
You’re telling me the same author that wrote chapters121-122-130-131 wrote this a few months later.

Makes me physically cringe

i thought reiner smelling historia's handwriting was cringe but this made me recoil lmfao
Apr 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2019
So I got through most of the English scans. I have to say that this ending I disappointing, but I won't call this utter shit. Everything just seems to lose meaning very quickly, Eren going "incel" mode was a surprise too. He really didn't hold out his Lelouch phase well. For the sake of the story? Idk tbh. Then you have Mikasa suddenly becoming the centre of the story which was strange, she is useless as shit mind you lol. Previous chapters like 137 and 138 had their Deus ex Machina and random stuff happening with no proper explanation. I am just going to assume that Ymir is so based that Yams couldn't even write for her to do something he wanted.

What I will point out with the good stuff in this chapter is that, well, tbf, AOT had a lot of simple messages, yes, it suddenly becomes pseudo deep. But it was clever of Yams to use a simple-minded character (Mikasa) as the answer to the deep questions. The "good" ending feels good really too. I can't say it was what I wanted. It would have hit harder if Jean, Connie, Gabi, and the rest died. From there something like Mikasa showing Eren's head to the Marleyans and using that as an example that "hate is now gone" would be better imo. But a good ending did its bit and it feels nice I guess. People being happy is a good thing lol. Cheesy yes, but that point can be proven.

I also think Yams should have nerfed the Rumbling so it would look less like plot armour for the alliance, and would also give a reason for Eren to go all out whilst the alliance can still win. But I guess then the effect of the Rumbling wouldn't be as big yeah that's a problem, Yams shot himself in the foot with the Rumbling one lol.

Then you have a 12-page aftermath which doesn't leave room to clear up discrepancies. Sad but it is what it is.

5/10 Ending. 4 if I am feeling harsh lol.

9-10/10 Overall. AOT is a very good manga, for the most part, the ending doesn't hold well because of swift changes and sudden things happening for the sake of happily ever after. There were better ways to go around this but Yams didn't do that as so. This just doesn't feel like an AOT ending. Seems like no one can tho lmao. In any case. I will go and wait for the official to read again, but this was something I won't forget tbh. The whole manga I mean. Yes, left a bad taste in my mouth, but this was amazing stuff lol. Whatever the next hype is (hopefully CSM), I wish for something better. Was fun here tho.

side note, not sure why Yams thought it was ok to send soldiers to their death due to monke, hell, many more died in awful ways too, but then conveniently this has a happily ever after. k then.

ELLEN BECOMES DOVE (CRYING)
Apr 7, 2021 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
I am so sad Isayama took a dump on Eren's character. It's like he didn't want people to like Eren so he just destroyed him.
loquesea57Apr 7, 2021 3:12 PM
Apr 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Woohoo the last chapter came right on my birthday

It's a bittersweet moment for me. Can't wait to finish
End Zionazism
Apr 7, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
I hope this ending is hated worldwide. I know most Japanese fans wanted Eren to lose but will they be satisfied with this shit? Lots of them enjoyed the garbage ending of Demon Slayer so I guess I got my answer.

Even with the Rumbling arc being underwhelming, I was planning on buying every volume of AOT and reread it entirely in the future. Aint no fucking way I’m spending money on this series with how 139 took a crap on everything that came before it. I dont even want to buy volume 30 anymore which covered “peak AOT”.
Apr 7, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2017
Yams... please apologise to the trees that got cut down for this.

This is pretty much the picture-perfect, worst ending this series could have. I don't know where to begin, but I don't really want to start anyway. This final arc had its ups and downs, but this is lower than low. Even Fairy Tail, which had an ending more trash than its already tarnished name had a better ending than this. At least it actually fit the tone of the damn series lmao. Can't remember the last ending of a series I followed that ripped and tore at its own name like this.

I'm just glad that I'm not the shounen fanboy I used to be. Just one disappointing ending after another. This is a huge lesson learnt. Oda is the only popular shounen mangaka I think can have complete faith in. No more exceptions lol.

I'm keeping the score of previous seasons the same, but I'm dropping the score of this manga. Part 2 of the final season will definitely be my lowest ranked season yet.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Pretty much all the theories fans came up with for the ending of this series tied things together beautifully compared to this. I'm taking a massive shit in that onsen whenever I get the chance.

I'm incredibly grateful for this series, but this is the very last goodbye I wanted to give. Thanks SNK, but, at the same time, no thanks.

Apr 7, 2021 3:12 PM

Aug 2019
currently the rating is 8.74 and is at #38 let’s see how low it goes
Apr 7, 2021 3:12 PM
Oct 2012
#ReleaseTheIsayamaCut
Apr 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Aug 2018
damn, maybe wit studio dropped the anime because they knew the ending was going to be shit
Apr 7, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Attackonfiller said:
Yams... please apologise to the trees that got cut down for this.

This is pretty much the picture-perfect, worst ending this series could have. I don't know where to begin, but I don't really want to start anyway. This final arc had its ups and downs, but this is lower than low. Even Fairy Tail, which had an ending more trash than its already tarnished name had a better ending than this. At least it actually fit the tone of the damn series lmao. Can't remember the last ending of a series I followed that ripped and tore at its own name like this.

I'm just glad that I'm not the shounen fanboy I used to be. Just one disappointing ending after another. This is a huge lesson learnt. Oda is the only popular shounen mangaka I think can have complete faith in. No more exceptions lol.

I'm keeping the score of previous seasons the same, but I'm dropping the score of this manga. Part 2 of the final season will definitely be my lowest ranked season yet.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Pretty much all the theories fans came up with for the ending of this series tied things together beautifully compared to this. I'm taking a massive shit in that onsen whenever I get the chance.

I'm incredibly grateful for this series, but this is the very last goodbye I wanted to give. Thanks SNK, but, at the same time, no thanks.
You should try reading JJK, Gege wont fail us... I hope.

Sep 2016
Let us take comfort in the fact that best boy Floch was never turned into a pathetic incel like Eren.

He remained a true hero to his people even though Isayama hated him.

Nov 2016
snowykevin said:
currently the rating is 8.74 and is at #38 let’s see how low it goes

It was 8.76 a few hours ago, I bet it will end up at 8.00 or around that.
All life is a prelude to death.
Apr 7, 2021 3:19 PM
Sep 2017
Just wanted to say that i dont give a damn about your reviews. I enjoyed the whole manga. 5/5
Apr 7, 2021 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
So is Eren the father or not?

Anyway, this ending is trash lol
Apr 7, 2021 3:22 PM

Mar 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
I hope this ending is hated worldwide. I know most Japanese fans wanted Eren to lose but will they be satisfied with this shit? Lots of them enjoyed the garbage ending of Demon Slayer so I guess I got my answer.

Even with the Rumbling arc being underwhelming, I was planning on buying every volume of AOT and reread it entirely in the future. Aint no fucking way I’m spending money on this series with how 139 took a crap on everything that came before it. I dont even want to buy volume 30 anymore which covered “peak AOT”.
From my understanding, there's quite a lot of Japanese fans who are mad. I checked Japanese twitter and there's honestly plenty of people who are unhappy. They're glad Eren died, but not how it happened.
Apr 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Jul 2017
KneelBeforeMe said:
You should try reading JJK, Gege wont fail us... I hope.

I plan to read JJK soon. I'm pretty much done with the anime, and I'm liking the series. It has a lot of potential and it seems to know what it's doing. Should help take my mind off this mess at least lol.

Apr 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit what a terrible ending. I knew things were going to be bad, but I didn't know it would be this goddamn bad. I've been following this series for 7 years of my life and this is the ending I get... I guess this goes to show that no matter what, Japanese authors can't write DECENT endings in anime or manga if their life depended on it. I will never get hyped for anything any Japanese author puts out ever again, unless it's finished because we all know they have a thing for making the worst endings imaginable. It could have been a generic ending and I wouldn't be as furious, but nooooo, they had to make him a pathetic cuck and glorify ARMIN because he's the authors self insert... Some of this would've been redeemed if Gabi disappeared, or if we didn't have the cuck speech and that ARMIN wanking. Never would I have imagined that the ending to one of the most popular Japanese manga franchises of all time would be even worse than Mappa's CGI titans.
What was the point of the entire manga? All these years wasted for an ending more humiliating than Franxx's latter half or anything in the last decade as a matter of fact...

If Mappa goes anime original for the ending, then everything they have done will be redeemed and they will forever be known as the ones who saved anime

What an absolute hack of a write Isayama is. If I ever go to Japan, i'm going to take a steaming fat hot shit in his onsen.

Peace out AOT CHADS, it's been a wild ride
PakuuApr 7, 2021 4:24 PM
Apr 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Aug 2019
currently Eren is at 63,231 favorites, wonder if that number will drop after more people read this chapter
Apr 7, 2021 3:25 PM

Mar 2017
eren kept talking abt freedom when he was a slave to pussy all along
Apr 7, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
snowykevin said:
currently Eren is at 63,231 favorites, wonder if that number will drop after more people read this chapter
oh it will 100% lmao

popstyle said:
eren kept talking abt freedom when he was a slave to pussy all along
chaderen turned into soyboy simp incel eren, you hate to see it

Mod Note: Merged consecutive posts
dipItFooApr 8, 2021 10:41 PM
Apr 7, 2021 3:27 PM
Apr 2017
So many great moments are retroactively damaged now that we know what Eren's true motivation was ...

What a tragic way to end your manga.
Apr 7, 2021 3:28 PM
Oct 2019
Translations are already enough for a conclusion that this ending is complete garbage
Apr 7, 2021 3:29 PM

Feb 2021
Remember fucking Eren from 120-121, that legendary fucking character. Completely, irreparably, retrospectively ruined.
His behavior doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever.
Apr 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Feb 2017
It's funny how today exactly 8 years ago AoT anime began and exactly 8 years since I (and many others) became an AoT fan. I never imagined it would turn out like this. Pottery.
Apr 7, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
Just like I expected, this was an epilogue and the story was already over. It's a bittersweet moment, and I'm glad we got Connie, Jean and Gabi back.

This was one hell of a journey, and the genius intricacies of all arcs plus the emotional bouts of chapters 131-138 made it perfect.

Overall rating: 10/10

This is my favorite manga now. Berserk and Hunter x Hunter will have a chance to retake their positions if they ever release again.

Thank you Isayama.
End Zionazism
Apr 7, 2021 3:36 PM

Sep 2020
Copying this from my post on the did anyone like the ending forum.

I literally don't like this ending at all and I'm about to explain why:
(btw I still have hopes all the leaks I've seen are fake)

1-This chapter literally felt like a cliched "happy ending" or "power of friendship" continuation.
2-I like the fact that Eren finally said he loves Mikasa but I didn't like the way he did it.
3- Also, the fact that Eren had to die feels a little bit trivial at this point because the world will still haunt down people from Paradis.
4- Also, everybody turning back into human makes sense but it feels weird and contradictory to how I expected it to end. I expected it to have a dark ending where no one survived but nope.
5- Also, (people might hate me for this), but Levi not dying feels like its not a complete circle. It just feels odd and out of place.
6- Historia having a child with random farmer feels like just a stupid clutch. I mean, what is the purpose of this child anyways?
7- I honestly wanted Reiner to die too, welp, the plot-armored titan has a happy ever after life???
8- So now Eren reincarnated as a bird? welp
9- So, how did Mikasa save Ymir? By killing Eren?
10- It also pisses me off that Eren ended up being a slave to "destiny"??? If the founding titan can alter past and future events why didn't he try to change more things?
11- Also, what happened to the centipede? Did it die? how?
12- Also, Ymir had stockholm syndrome? yikes!
13- What happened to the "this world is cruel" motto???
Anyways, those are my reasons.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Apr 7, 2021 3:38 PM

Nov 2018
Shit ending. Score is going down to a 1 for me.

1/10
Apr 7, 2021 3:39 PM

Feb 2021
we doomposters won, but at what cost...at what cost.

Apr 7, 2021 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
arthur_morgan2 said:

i remember telling you there's no way Isayama meant Mikasa's dream to be Eren's too, that he would never do the rumbling over getting family zoned. You were right all along lmfao
Apr 7, 2021 3:48 PM

Feb 2019
Fumbleyama lmaooo. So much was left unexplained lol, but that’s the nature of the story I suppose. I can’t give it a 10 as a result tho. Love it or hate it, SnK was the definitive manga of at least the first part of our generation. I’m glad I got to live it with y’all. The series ends but the memes live on boys. Be free.
Apr 7, 2021 3:51 PM

Feb 2021
Danae said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

i remember telling you there's no way Isayama meant Mikasa's dream to be Eren's too, that he would never do the rumbling over getting family zoned. You were right all along lmfao

yeah, i saw right through isayama baiting tactics. i tried to warn you guys that this is ending going to be worse than GOT.
Apr 7, 2021 3:51 PM

Sep 2017
This is the most retarded fucking ending i've ever read in my whole life.
You can't make a manga, which was so beautiful till the last two chapters, the worst shit possible.
This is utter betrayal to all readers out there. If the author does not care what readers want, why would we care for the manga?
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is literally ruined.
Thank you Isayama.
Thank you for literally fucking the manga and the character that is Eren Yeager with the last two chapters.
Literal bullshit. I can't express my feelings enough. I'm so mad right now. This is the manga that i'm following since 2013.
Whatever.
Apr 7, 2021 3:52 PM

May 2017
Ellen becomes dove (crying)

Apr 7, 2021 3:57 PM
Feb 2020
There is no fucking way that this chapter is real. I really really REALLY doubt that the father of the baby would be someone without a face. Honestly though why even hide the face in the first place?
Apr 7, 2021 3:58 PM
May 2020
that was most definetly the worst fchapter of attack on titan i have ever read. Previously i have rated the series a 8/10 that chapter brought it down to a 7.
Apr 7, 2021 3:59 PM

Jul 2020
Guys here me out, what if this is all just the bad ending, but the real ending, the AnR or whatever ending, is the real one and it will probably be in the anime version when time comes...
Apr 7, 2021 4:00 PM
Apr 2021
Yeagerests seething
Eren getting decapitated punched the fuck down
Floch dies like the bitch he is

The writings been mediocre the whole time but at least the ending is making up for it by pissing the fans off.

Only thing that would have made it better is if there was a chapter 140 epilogue where we find out that the seagull Robert Pattinson brutally beats to death in The Lighthouse (2019) was Eren.

Apr 7, 2021 4:01 PM
Sep 2008
NewYearSameMe said:
Guys here me out, what if this is all just the bad ending, but the real ending, the AnR or whatever ending, is the real one and it will probably be in the anime version when time comes...
This cant be the bad ending it is the good one. LOL
Apr 7, 2021 4:03 PM

Jun 2020
Honestly this wasn't as bad as all of you here made it out to be.

This chapter wasn't TERRIBLE but yeah... very unsatisfying. And too many loose ends not tied up 3/5

The scanlation seems very unreliable tho I'll need the official translation when it drops

My rating of the overall manga has now dropped from a 10 to a 9 but SnK will always be in my heart
Apr 7, 2021 4:04 PM

May 2016
NextUniverse said:
WTTC2 said:

Nah, mate, come on. I don't think it's appropriate to talk about this. May he RIP.

you right man, I will delete this and my other comment. would say you should do the same.

Then why bringing it up if you delete it anyway
Apr 7, 2021 4:05 PM
Jan 2021
aTrueKingofEldia said:
WTTC2 said:
Oh hey, scoring 1 or 5 stars before reading the chapter. People are brain dead, lol.

the leaks were real, that's enough to know that the chapter is shit, you need just one than more braincell to believe that it's shit

the part that pissed me off more was the fact that ymir was "a slave of love" to basically a pedo/rapist i find so dumb.

also the part where Eren did the rumbling and all that shit just because he wanted to/felt like it.

hopefully the complete chapter isnt that bad.
Apr 7, 2021 4:05 PM
May 2020
This has been quite a wild ride, and alas we've arrived at the conclusion. It's truly unfortunate that this chapter took what I can only describe as the typical, Shonen happy ending route as I expected much more and was let down. At least we can enjoy the story up to this point and be happy that we got an ending. Irregardless of what I just said, thank you for the wonderful story Yams!
Pages (38) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

29 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 136 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Weebookey - Jan 6, 2021

298 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 21, 9:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.