Forum Settings
Forums

Kingdom Hearts the most Over Rated RPG Franchise ever

New
Sep 30, 2012 11:54 AM
Mar 2011

Reasons why people say its good is for the most part wrong

1 Music
while the ost is one of the Good Points of the games it does deserve to be held as Highly as other OST from other games from Square Enix together or apart

2 The Story
No Its Messes with the Lore that Sakaguchi gave his Characters .thats all i can say the only Lore that would be worse to mess with would be Horii Yuji but that will never happen cause that would desytoty SE Stocks

the art
For the same reason i hate P4 and P4 art LIke mega ten art FF art is not this way [ it its was Toriyama drew this id say thats fine but its not so there]

Reactions and reviews
i seen this called the Best RPG of all time when this is illogical when not one person on this earth could have played every RPG ever made hell is not even the best on the PS2 /PSP[ For games witch are on them ]
id put in on puregame play [ if i was tomplay the game on mute and play it without my Buring hate ii feel for the story ] is barely top 50 PS RPG let alone PSP gmes in the francise id put myabe top 30 RPGs for the seystem

if o was to put togeather a top 500 Rpgs iv played list id say KH would be around the 480's

ACtions RPG on PS2 that i Have played witch are better than any KH game
Just to name four

Dark Chronicle
Odin Sphere[ Art and Sound]
Bouken-Ou Beet: Darkness Century
Musashiden II: Blade Master
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2012 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
Cool.

I hate both the KH and FF series. Don't see me making a thread about it though.

KH's appeal is fairly obvious. It combines popular disney characters with a decent action rpg battle system and mediocre story.
Sep 30, 2012 12:42 PM

Jun 2011
I think most people like it for the gameplay and unique premise, rather than the music or story.
Sep 30, 2012 12:47 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
I think most people like it for the gameplay and unique premise, rather than the music or story.

iv listed three games that are better in Game play and story and one witch is the most art perfect RPG Ever made [ Odin Sphere ]

so much so its oneof them games i put with Ico in that sense Odin Sphere not KH
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 30, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2012
Calling other people's opinion wrong eh? If people think this is the best thing ever let them think that. What's the point of telling them that you think they're wrong?
Sep 30, 2012 12:51 PM
Mar 2011
-Atomsk- said:
Calling other people's opinion wrong eh? If people think this is the best thing ever let them think that. What's the point of telling them they're wrong?

there doing so in such a way that its Irksome and so matter of fact i

Sep 30, 2012 1:09 PM

May 2012
Otaking87 said:

Then ignore them.
Sep 30, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2007
Otaking87 said:
-Atomsk- said:
Calling other people's opinion wrong eh? If people think this is the best thing ever let them think that. What's the point of telling them they're wrong?

Hey.

Hey you.

I have Kingdom Hearts in my list of Top 5 RPGs in another thread.

Whatchu gonna do about it!? Are you going to fight me? Are you going to sit me down and force me to play your games of choice, ranting angrily all the while, until I finally relinquish control of my mind and accept your opinions as solid fact? Yeah. No. People have their own tastes and preferences. Just to bother you, I'm going to state that Kingdom Hearts is the best game series there ever was and I don't give two craps about any of your games. Live with this thought. Let it fester in your mind until the fact that other people have opinions drives you mad and pushes you to make another thread of frustration.
Sep 30, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Winter said:
Otaking87 said:
-Atomsk- said:

Hey.

Hey you.

Whatchu gonna do about it!? Are you going to fight me? Are you going to sit me down and force me to play your games of choice, ranting angrily all the while, until I finally relinquish control of my mind and accept your opinions as solid fact? Yeah. No. People have their own tastes and preferences. Just to bother you, I'm going to state that Kingdom Hearts is the best game series there ever was and I don't give two craps about any of your games. Live with this thought. Let it fester in your mind until the fact that other people have opinions drives you mad and pushes you to make another thread of frustration.

Winter pls.
Sep 30, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
HOW DARE PEOPLE ENJOY SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE
Sep 30, 2012 1:55 PM

Jul 2011
Winter said:
Otaking87 said:
-Atomsk- said:

Hey.

Hey you.

Nicely put if i do say so myself.
Sep 30, 2012 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
These threads are better than sex.

Its like a kid throwing rocks at a hornet nest, and then watching him try to fend off the swarm.
Sep 30, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2009
Whatever is up your butt dude.
Sep 30, 2012 2:09 PM

Nov 2007
I skipped reading your post because your English hurts my eyes.

I am not really into KH, but it's easy to see the appeal. People like FF; people like Disney. Put them together with an interesting battle system and it's a no brainer. Plus, some parents bought the game for their kids because Disney is "safe", so for a lot of people they grew up with it and you tend to like games you played as a child, or at least have feelings of nostalgia.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's an awful RPG, and just because they do like it doesn't mean it's the best RPG ever. Sure, there are better RPGs, but there are also worse. But concepts like "best" and "worst" are more up to the individual rather than something that should be agreed on by all.
Sep 30, 2012 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
I've always found the Kingdom Hearts series a bit corny.

The Disney Characters were a real turn off.

Otaking you shouldn't go around saying that other people are "wrong" just because you don't like the series. Some may feel it is the best RPG ever....
DeWinterSep 30, 2012 4:19 PM
Sep 30, 2012 4:36 PM

Feb 2010
leingodf8 said:
Its like a kid throwing rocks at a hornet nest, and then watching him try to fend off the swarm.

Lmao.
Sep 30, 2012 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
this is the first time i have seen someone put KH higher on the over rated scale as apposed to FF, tales of, or mass effect

DeWinter said:
only a bit?

though in their defense its hard to make a game in a inter connected disney universe as well as be aimed at kids and not end up being a little corny. only problem is the series isnt a little corny, its hella corny. Birth by sleep wasnt that bad thankfully, hell it was even kind of dark at points
JizzyHitlerSep 30, 2012 4:44 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2012 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
1. Music fits the game just fine. Why complain?

2. It is obviously an alternative multiverse. Just treat is any other crossover. Pay attention to the feel and not what a jumbled mess of nonsense it is.

3. Disney characters look as they should. Many FF characters took a hit.

4. The hell do you care about reviews and reception?

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Birth by sleep wasnt that bad thankfully, hell it was even kind of dark at points

If you want to play dark games, then pick something that doesn't have Disney characters in it or pick up your remote and reduce brightness. Being dark or not is completely irrelevant to anything.
Sep 30, 2012 5:12 PM

Jun 2007
I'd say Final Fantasy as a whole is the most overrated RPG franchise, and one of the most overrated franchises in gaming in general. KH is just well liked among kids and people who played it as kids. Not saying "dis is kid shyt" I just mean the reason it's popular is because, from what I've seen, a huge group of people from one generation latched onto it obsessively when it came out.
Sep 30, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 2007
TallonKarrde23 said:
I'd say Final Fantasy as a whole is the most overrated RPG franchise, and one of the most overrated franchises in gaming in general. KH is just well liked among kids and people who played it as kids. Not saying "dis is kid shyt" I just mean the reason it's popular is because, from what I've seen, a huge group of people from one generation latched onto it obsessively when it came out.
Pretty much, and honestly, it knows what it's fanbase wanted and latched on well to it. Now Final Fantasy however lost it's way a while back and doesn't even know who it's trying to please.

Sep 30, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
mecharobot said:

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Birth by sleep wasnt that bad thankfully, hell it was even kind of dark at points

If you want to play dark games, then pick something that doesn't have Disney characters in it or pick up your remote and reduce brightness. Being dark or not is completely irrelevant to anything.
where the hell are you going off about, i never said anything about wanting dark games, i merely stated birth by sleep is dark at points

also dont try to play Disney of all things off as being kid friendly and not dark at all, these are the same poeple thatr have had villains die gruesome deaths such as getting pulled apart limb by limb as they are eaten alive, showcases on screen murder like in lion king, has a villain that outright rapes and murders people(hunchback of notre dom) and such, disney gets dark

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite game ever. Idgaf about what anyone else thinks. Who cares if it's overrated or not, just ignore the people (like me) who love it. Opinions are opinions.

Well, now I know how the SAO fanboys feel...
Sep 30, 2012 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
oh god, i actually tied to read the op's post.......my brain.....it hurts

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 30, 2012 6:26 PM

May 2010
i love both KH and Odin Sphere to hell.
Sep 30, 2012 6:27 PM
Mar 2011
DeWinter said:

The Disney Characters were a real turn off.

Otaking you shouldn't go around saying that other people are "wrong" just because you don't like the series. Some may feel it is the best RPG ever....

i give Fully Logic based reasons why its bad

i cold go even futher is to say to a mark on the Lineage of the Thee Companies [ SE Enix and Squaresoft] but thats being a bit far well i better than FF VIII XII XIII and X bit thats not saying much

People who grew up in the Golden era like me who had the Golden Games from Both SS and Enix From Dragon Quest 3 to FF VII the list goes on and On yes me giving Parise to VII
thats when SS and Enix could stand on top of the RPG Tower and say we make better games than all of you[ side note im a bigger Falcom fanboy than SS or Enix so yeah]

KH is one of the markers than SE is no longer the leader in RPG s now id say atlus is while Falcom an IS and Pax and SCEA games have made have Made some good ones Atlus on the back of P4 and other things have taken the lead id put SE around 5 if that

theres sales witch square lead but in ever thing else they loose in the worst way you could think

From Games quilty to Music and Story telling in said games that being said FF has not been the same since Sakaguchi left they should have brought back Kawazu once Sakaguchi Left but no they going to Kill FF you wiill see

Sep 30, 2012 6:33 PM

Jun 2011
Otaking87 said:

Which part of this is logical?

I don't know why you always look at company legacy, sales, previous games, and other nonsense like that. The logical thing to do would be to look at each game on its own merits, without comparing it to anything else.

Every single one of your "logical reasons" is a comparison.
Sep 30, 2012 6:37 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Which part of this is logical?

I don't know why you always look at company legacy, sales, previous games, and other nonsense like that. The logical thing to do would be to look at each game on its own merits, without comparing it to anything else.

cause with Legacy a Company is Nothing for Example People hate EA for there Recent Legacy and habits

Sep 30, 2012 6:41 PM

Jun 2011
Otaking87 said:
cause with Legacy a Company is Nothing for Example People hate EA for there Recent Legacy and habits

The company doesn't matter. A good company can make a bad game, and a bad company can make a good game.
Sep 30, 2012 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Narmy said:

The company doesn't matter. A good company can make a bad game, and a bad company can make a good game.
qft

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 30, 2012 6:47 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Right Stand up for SE when they cant even Handel there own remakes of there own Biggest Titles all the recent remakes were done by Tose of all things

Sep 30, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2012
i like KH games quite a lot, theyre not my favorite of all time but i would say it deserves what it gets. anything that appeals to the larger audience is always labelled over rated, makes me wonder if peoples obscure favorite series were insanely popular theyd still like them
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 30, 2012 7:16 PM
Mar 2011
jimbob1141 said:
i like KH games quite a lot, theyre not my favorite of all time but i would say it deserves what it gets. anything that appeals to the larger audience is always labelled over rated, makes me wonder if peoples obscure favorite series were insanely popular theyd still like them

my Fave RPG Francise are not Obsure in the Least
Dragon Quest
Dragon Slayer [ All of the Franchise not JUst the Main Line ]
Megami Tensei

so yes

Sep 30, 2012 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Hohohoho I see what you did dereee. Talking about EA then said bad company.

Like you know.. Battlefield.. Bad Company..
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 30, 2012 7:22 PM
Mar 2011
Ragix said:
Narmy said:
Otaking87 said:

Hohohoho I see what you did dereee. Talking about EA then said bad company.

Like you know.. Battlefield.. Bad Company..

no il talking about the studio Distressing Best Pure Rpg Franchise ever Killing actions thay have done

Sep 30, 2012 8:05 PM

May 2012
haters gonna hate. ranters gonna rant. let's all give up we all know that otaking is superior to us with his all great sense of taste and his opinions being absolute fact.
Sep 30, 2012 8:58 PM
Mar 2011
-Atomsk- said:
haters gonna hate. ranters gonna rant. let's all give up we all know that otaking is superior to us with his all great sense of taste and his opinions being absolute fact.

i never siad that either

Sep 30, 2012 9:29 PM

Mar 2008
I've never really understood the appeal of Kingdom Hearts. I played it after hearing everyone's great opinion of it, but all the way throughout it was just like a bunch of cheesy kiddy stuff. The combat was somewhat entertaining, that was probably the best point of the game.

Of course, I never liked Disney even as a child, so that probably has something to do with it.
Sep 30, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2010
Clous said:

just going to borrow this from you if you don't mind bud.

Sep 30, 2012 10:31 PM

Feb 2005
I don't think anyone's shocked about KH's story being a trainwreck. Safe to say, that's not why anyone plays it.
And obviously, just because another game has better gameplay doesn't mean everyone would automatically go to that instead. A lot of the KH players are kids that probably get into it because of all the random Disney stuff in it.
Sep 30, 2012 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
You need to take into consideration that Kingdom Hearts is part Disney game as well and therefor probably prioritized to a younger and less mature crowd (That being said. Of course other people can enjoy it as well, myself included), so you can't really go comparing it to die-hard RPG titles. It was probably not their intentions of doing such a RPG game in the first place.

The definition of the ''perfect'' RPG don't have a right nor wrong answer. it's up to the consumers/players personal opinions. You should just agree to disagree.
Oct 1, 2012 6:12 AM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
I don't think anyone's shocked about KH's story being a trainwreck. Safe to say, that's not why anyone plays it.
And obviously, just because another game has better gameplay doesn't mean everyone would automatically go to that instead. A lot of the KH players are kids that probably get into it because of all the random Disney stuff in it.

Sorry but FF never had that dark ofa Story i call FF the Half way Franchise in darkness of story Dragon Quest being Lightest Then Ys then Dragon Slayer then FF Then FE then Mother then Megami Tensei

Oct 1, 2012 7:02 AM
Dec 2007
Otaking87 said:
Baman said:

Sorry but FF never had that dark ofa Story i call FF the Half way Franchise in darkness of story Dragon Quest being Lightest Then Ys then Dragon Slayer then FF Then FE then Mother then Megami Tensei
Who even mentioned Final Fantasy being dark...or anything you mentioned actually.

Oct 1, 2012 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
KH is a pretty decent game play wise and its fun seeing old characters from both Disney and Square in new material. But the writing, especially the dialogue can get pretty horrendous though.

The Art of Eight
Oct 1, 2012 7:22 AM

May 2009
I thought it was rated E.
Oct 1, 2012 7:47 AM

May 2009
bergil said:

Kingdom Hearts 1 was rated E for Everyone.
Everything else is T for teen.
Oct 1, 2012 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
Shoryuuken said:
bergil said:

Incidentally, the first game is the only one I liked. After that, the story tried way too hard to be dark/serious.
Oct 1, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
Shoryuuken said:
bergil said:

Incidentally, the first game is the only one I liked. After that, the story tried way too hard to be dark/serious.

Its hard to be dark and edgy with Donald and Goofy running around.
The Art of Eight
Oct 1, 2012 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
Kingdom Hearts is a literal masterpiece.
Oct 1, 2012 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
professor-salt said:
HOW DARE PEOPLE ENJOY SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE

OUTRAGEOUS
Oct 1, 2012 9:09 AM

Nov 2009
Clous said:
Cool.

KH's appeal is fairly obvious. It combines popular disney characters with a decent action rpg battle system and mediocre story.

Pretty much this to be honest.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Today

7 by Lucifrost »»
2 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3784 by FanofAction »»
2 hours ago

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

20 by FanofAction »»
3 hours ago

» Favourite licensed game? Based on a book, anime, card, movie/tv, board, comic, poem, etc. first before a video game

Suntanned_Duck2 - Dec 26, 2021

14 by FanofAction »»
8 hours ago

» Japanese games vs. American games

coolyfruity - Aug 28

39 by FanofAction »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.