Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 29, 2021 7:38 PM
Sep 2017
Just finished it. Pretty decent. 8/10 rating given. Spoilers - if you've not seen them already in the thread.

The plot twist was unexpected at first - but became more visible as things went on. Some things are left unknown, but they don't take away from the overall story. At the end of it, Hal reintegrated which was the aim. It may take time for him to move on, but hopefully he will.

Unanswered...Things about his past life. What's going on with his friend? What happened to the bot? Some people may say wrecked due to drains and whatnot - and he does need to move on so having her around would be bad - but still. No idea what happened for sure. Doc said "something came up" and you're not sure. What of the store? You can assume and, again it's not necessary for the story. Main plot is done and the rest is left up to you.

Overall - decent. Liked it. Recommended.
May 19, 2022 8:49 PM

Sep 2020
I got the blu-ray on sale for $5 so I wasn't expecting much. I also didn't know about the manga or seen anything about it so I went in blind. The first half didn't have me very invested, but by the time Hal got his kimono and went to give Kurumi hers for the festival, I was feeling it.

Then that twist, I honestly almost jumped out the chair from the unexpectedness! I picked up on the small cues they throw out there that make you question things a little (like Kurumi's recordings, Ryu somehow not knowing Hal died, why the subs said for the robot to "become human" instead of "become him/that person"), but I brushed them off so they didn't annoy me. Well played, writers.

I do wish they showed more technology in the world. Considering the highly advanced robots available I expected to see more glamorous stuff. I mean, that old woman was still rocking a standard wheelchair! A motorized one should've been the very least they could do. Where's the innovation?!

They also left off too much backstory. It did fine without, but it would've been better if we got to see more of it. Like what exactly was Ryu up to, and was Hal involved in it before the accident. And what did Ryu mean that he was going to "sell all of it"? Kurumi's stuff? The robot? And how tf do you get so shocked that you suddenly believe you're a robot of all things? Fry in Futurama had the actual trauma of being treated like one in the Robot Asylum. What's Hal's excuse?

Despite the slow start, it was a good movie in the end and I'm glad I watched it. Normally I feel movies run 20-30 min too long, but in this case I think it would've benefitted from that extra time. Solid 8.
SlammyHammyMay 19, 2022 9:18 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Mar 28, 2023 12:42 PM

May 2015
Didn't expect the twist at all. I wondered what route this movie will go, for full romance it wouldn't be good, no one can replace a person, as a therapy it seemed to be working, although still a bit too much to have someone with the same face as a person you lost barging in your life, this was kind of disturbing. But still, the robot had good intentions, genuinely trying to care for Kurumi, etc. But with the way the plot turned, it instantly became something on a completely different level. I liked it. 8/10
Apr 25, 2023 4:08 AM
Oct 2019
The plot twist made no sense, how was using a robot acting as his grief stricken girlfriend and treating hal like he was the robot supposed to snap him out of thinking he was a robot?
Aug 23, 2023 2:59 PM

May 2018
Very cool with a nice twist. Perhaps if the movie was longer it could have paid off more

6/10
Sep 13, 2023 2:28 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2020:

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Worth watching?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 14, 2021

7 by wiiztec »»
Apr 25, 2023 3:52 AM

» Plot twist [Spoler]

Allen_014 - Aug 12, 2021

3 by SlammyHammy »»
May 19, 2022 9:10 PM

» I think I didn't understand the final, explain me please

b1GZZ - Dec 31, 2013

14 by aydentheweeb »»
Mar 7, 2021 1:07 PM

» Hal - Subbed or Dubbed?

tayssi - Mar 3, 2016

5 by JNSky »»
Dec 13, 2018 5:51 AM

» First 8 Minutes of the film is out!

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2013

16 by Lyyu »»
Nov 19, 2013 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.