Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2020 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Stranger_Hanyo said:
The animation looks janky, the OP and ED are meh, and the first episode was boring af. At least they animated the Inuyasha epiolgue, but what will happen from the next episode? I think Yasahime will go down as another Boruto. And I was so excited for this :(

so quick to judge lol I thought it was great as a huge inuyasha fan except some scenes had a few poor character designs in animation
Oct 3, 2020 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, I don't think I can objectively analyze this series. But I absolutely loved it anyway.
Oct 3, 2020 4:40 PM
Aug 2016
I loved the opening to the new season, I see its kind of establishing some background information about the enemy they'll be facing down the road. It was SO great to see everyone again and I desperately hope they don't kill off Kagome and/or Inuyasha because I'm still nervous about that. I suppose the next episode will get back to current events but everything is off to a great start for my favorite anime ever!
Oct 3, 2020 5:12 PM

Jun 2017
Koji_Kojiusame said:
I am worried about the Kagome bike seat thing :(

I don't think it's anything major, she wrecked several bikes in the original. It was more for pointing out the fact that Towa "came" from the modern era since she knew what it was.
Oct 3, 2020 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
I am so curious about this but I want to wait for an English dub (if they're making one) since I originally discovered Inuyasha on TV before a long time ago back when YTV still aired anime..

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Oct 3, 2020 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
WatchTillTandava said:

On the other hand, I feel safe with the assurance than even if it's 5% as good as the original series, that will still make it 100x better and more appealing to me than a lot of contemporary anime, so basically even if it's a big flop with nothing new or insightful or poignant to offer it will still be like a 7/10 in my worst estimations. Because it's Inuyasha. And in whatever form - It's back. That's enough. I'm glad to be alive to see the day when Inuyasha as a franchise is producing new content.
Yeah man, I don't think I will give it lower than 7, because the most important thing that Inuyasha is back.
Oct 3, 2020 6:02 PM

Jul 2012
OMG the nostalgia!!

I loved the start, seeing the gang again, a little backstory to what happened after Kanketsu-hen.
I'm really excited about this one, hope it would be good!
Oct 3, 2020 6:09 PM

May 2010
This is very nostalgic! I loved it! *¬*
Oct 3, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Great start, I was grinning the entire episode, especially when it showed Inuyasha and the whole gang. The nostalgia hit hard. It's been over a decade since I watched the original series and I forgot more than I thought, I'll probably re-watch some of the Inuyasha episodes after this.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 3, 2020 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't have the Inuyasha hype I had when I was younger, but it was an alright episode.

That being said, it's definitely the worst opening the show has ever had. Underwhelming is an understatement.
Oct 3, 2020 7:30 PM
Jan 2010
Inuyasha was my first anime...the nostalgia is real!! I love how the ost is reminiscent of the original too!
Oct 3, 2020 7:40 PM
Nov 2015
Ah it's fresh to see inuyasha again.
Oct 3, 2020 7:45 PM

Jan 2018
The train of feels is real, my heart was overwhelm with so much joy and emotion seeing the gang once again fight together brought back so much memories. Naraku being the greatest villain of all time screwed them in so many ways, that seeing them all have the happy ending they deserve brings a tear to my eye. Now onto the show Moroha is so much like inuyasha so I’m definitely happy about that and Setsuna also resembles her father Sesshomaru but Towas personality is quite a mystery can’t wait to watch more of the trio ^^ Are the theories about the parents being sealed by Kagome in the 7 rainbow pearls true. Kagome did mentioned something about the 7 autumnal flowers so could that have something to on how the pearls came to be. Just my opinion. Another thing I noticed for half demons Setsuna nor Towa have any demon features like Inuyasha did I wonder why but overall I was happy with the music just hope the animation gets better.
Oct 3, 2020 7:57 PM
Oct 2019
So far it felt like a rehash of older stuff the franchise had already had done. It fun seeing the old characters again. Nice to see that Kogome is a lot nicer to Inuyasha now. But otherwise average. Next week is the start of real story I hope that this show isn’t a lazy cash grab that just repeats older ideas and concepts. I hope it makes the new characters cool and likable just like the olds and doesn’t end up like Boruto which is exactly that
Oct 3, 2020 8:01 PM

May 2019
YggdraSEED said:
Obviously

Moroha ⅓ demon, Inuyasha and Kagome's kid

Towa ½ demon, well Sesshou is full and Rin is human soooooooo

Setsuna, either Towa or Moroha's twin

The preview of next episode answers it. Towa and Setsuna are twins.

Btw, the most important questions are:

What happened with Kagome?

Why is she not in the OP neither the Series Poster?

Is she DED? Her daughter was not raised by her?

Kohaku is back, and probably his nephew is togheter. So it was only a decade and half after Kagome's return. WHERE IS MATURE LADY KAGOME? PLEASE DON'T SAY YOU KILLED HER!

Why is Towa dressed like that?
Is this show intending to make a crossover with Kimetsu no Yaiba? (Japan in 1930's)

Just these questions. :D

Rob7Oct 3, 2020 9:40 PM
Oct 3, 2020 8:29 PM
Sep 2017
Ahhhh! That made me smile almost the entire show - getting to see ALL the old gang! Only thing that would have made it better was more Sesshomaru - because he just makes everything better. :)
Oct 3, 2020 10:03 PM
Nov 2017
YggdraSEED said:
Obviously

Moroha ⅓ demon, Inuyasha and Kagome's kid

1/2 demon + 100% human gives offspring 1/4 demon
Oct 3, 2020 10:11 PM

Mar 2008
Well it was nice and nostalgic. But that was thanks to mostly focusing on the original cast. Got to take what you can get though. It was good to see them running around together again even if it is for only one episode before the story removes them for whatever reason.
Oct 3, 2020 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
And it's back! It feels unreal to have Inuyasha in 2020.

Man, it was so great to see the old gang back in action, it really felt like just another episode of Inuyasha. Which is a bit of a shame because the series won't focus on them but the new main girls and the plot look interesting so I'm looking forward to more.
Oct 4, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
When I first created my MAL's account, one of the first animes that came to my mind to put in the favourite list was Inuyasha. Like instantly.

Inuyasha is the first anime that I rembember ever watching, and has a really spot on me. Watching this brings me back so good memories. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a nice time to spent on.
Oct 4, 2020 1:07 AM

Sep 2016
Cloude said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:
The animation looks janky, the OP and ED are meh, and the first episode was boring af. At least they animated the Inuyasha epiolgue, but what will happen from the next episode? I think Yasahime will go down as another Boruto. And I was so excited for this :(

so quick to judge lol I thought it was great as a huge inuyasha fan except some scenes had a few poor character designs in animation

I thought the same when Boruto started, and I hoped it would get better. Look where it is now, a bunch of stupid kids running around with no sight of the OG characters. I am just watching Yasahime for the OG gang, if they are no where to be there, I don't have any interest in watching it.
Oct 4, 2020 1:42 AM

Mar 2020
I really liked it, Im a long time fan, its good to see my boi Inu and his gurl kickin ass again. I loved shippo and Inuyasha's lil headbutt, that brought me back. hopefully it keeps up, Rumiko usually holds it down, Knowing her this should be top notch Im confident in her.

(quarter-demon bounty hunter/ daughter of my ex Waifu and long time home boi) aka Moroha already gave me a boner. And hopefully it keeps up...lol
Oct 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Jun 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Dukino said:
Very excited to see where this anime goes since there's not a manga to base it off.

Actually, the flashback scene in this episode is adapted from the manga with few changes lol, you aren't wrong about the future episodes after this tho.

Yeah it adapted the extra chapter 559 from 2013. The manga ended in 2008. And the chapter epilogue was written 5 years later.
Oct 4, 2020 7:15 AM
Aug 2015
I'm so exited for what's to come! I got so emotional watching this, remembering the good old times and the techniques and struggles that the old cast went trough was so magical! I really hope that Inuyasha and Kagome have children and that Koharu becomes one of the three girls boyfriend:)
Oct 4, 2020 8:48 AM

Jan 2017
It was fine for a fan who loved original Inuyasha. If someone new would start to watch this without knowing anything about Inuyasha, I think they wouldn't be that interesterd.

And they're still talking about how Kikyo. And how it could ruin their relationship.
C'mon people, move on!

I'll continue to watch, but won't expect much.

Oct 4, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2018
It's BAAACK! This is so good. Nostalgia.
Oct 4, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2016
"Nostalogic" is the best way to describe this episode. It was an InuYasha episode sandwiched in between sequel moments. Love that Sango switches seamlessly from mom mode to bad@$$ mode. Everyone but Shippo had an I'm da best OG moment.
Oct 4, 2020 11:44 AM
Sep 2018
the real question is: who is the mother of sesshomaru's kids?
Oct 4, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty darn good! For a continuation of such an old series, one really has to appreciate how well this was put together to capture all the different viewers. It warmed my heart to see all the characters back in action.

I really hope they don't just skip what happened in the recent years and give us at least a bit of info. I'm guessing it's not possible to travel between the worlds at the moment, or Kagome's memory of her daughter was somehow erased. It'd make for a tearful reunion.

I hope we find out more about Seshomarou's daughters too, although they look more like boys haha.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 4, 2020 12:28 PM
May 2020
I really enjoyed the first episode. The animation is nice, all the voice actors (as far as I could hear) came back, the musik is good and to me the show sounds promising.
Can't wait to see what kind of adventures the girls will go on and what happened to everyone else, especially InuKag. There must be a good reason for them not raising their daughter. And I really wanna see Moroha meeting them and everyone else! Looking forward to seeing how it will play out:)
Oct 4, 2020 12:48 PM

Apr 2018
What a treat to have a spinoff of a great series.
Oct 4, 2020 1:08 PM
Feb 2008
Loved that this first episode was to show a bit more of the old cast, this is was so nostalgic * - *
Oct 4, 2020 1:47 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Great start, loved the extra chapter incorporated in flashback form 👍🏼
Hearing Miroku’s new voice made me teary-eyed, RIP Tsujitani Kouji 😞
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 4, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2012
Yohoo the ending is a straight banger!
Oct 4, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad to see the first episode, even though I never watched Inyusha subbed before. It feels just like the original and seeing everyone fight again bought back some good memories. I liked how the layout of the episode was. Hopefully, we will get to see everybody again during their travels. Miroku and Sango's kids are adorable and I'm glad they got some since they both wanted kids. I like how Miroku talked about how powerless he felt after his Wind Tunnel was gone. I thought the opening song was okay, but I liked the ending.

abyss_will said:
I'm not gonna watch this I've never seen Inuyasha, besides some unconnected episodes every now and then while I was a kid but I'm just wanna say I glad you all guys get a secuel for a show that was their favourite during their childhoods

I would recommend watching Inuyasha if you still haven't already.
Oct 4, 2020 4:04 PM

May 2019
Half-Demon Princess, a.k.a. Tomboys Save the World is here! I feel like I'm really gonna enjoy this series!

I'm glad they gave us a flashback scene of the old cast, but the most burning question has yet to be answered… Who banged Sesshoumaru sama!?!?
Oct 4, 2020 4:27 PM

Nov 2008
KANLen09 said:
It's been 10 years since the end of Inuyasha: The Final Act, and Rumiko Takahashi is back to helm the sequel to this classic, nostalgic series!

It's surreal seeing everyone back AFTER SO LONG, and as a massive fan I COULD NOT BE ANYMORE EXCITED. But of course, the series' bread-and-butter of demon hunting doesn't relent and keeping the same-but-better exact animation style as before, THANK YOU SUNRISE.

The tree that divides the time of Japan and the Feudal Era, is shifting yet again. And finally seeing GIRL POWER in the most insane way possible with the daughters of the couples in the main series, WOW OH WOW.

SixTONES are back for another banging OP, and Uru's ED is also good. Though I'd miss "I want to change the world~~~"

Now I'm very expectant of Rumiko Takahashi to once again an original sequel story that slaps just as well as the previous final. Even though this premiere episode is akin to Episode 0, but keep me surprised Sunrise!

OOSUARI!

Satou, Teruo is the director of this anime original series (he was the Assistant Director of the last) and Rumiko has nothing to do with the plot she Designed* the characters IE how they look...thats really it from how I understand it. Her not having much if anything to do with the story and it being all Teruo and co is why is seems more alt uni and fan fiction like than a real sequel (series was concluded I really dont understand the push for whatever this is/was besides praying for nostalgia money since the series was both long and very much complete the sequel requires plot force) If you were to look through the other canon material which was animated Rumiko would be the "Original Creator" this is not her creation.

sirwenceOct 4, 2020 4:40 PM
Oct 4, 2020 4:34 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
OMFG. This was great. I'm aware than I'm an Inuyasha fanboy but honestly, they did such a brilliant job with this first episode as they start to set everything up. Seeing the old cast get featured just made me so happy. Also, the music was brilliant, although not too sure about that OP...

I'll admit that I'm mildly devastated that it wasn't Richard Ian Cox and that we didn't get to hear the classic "Kagome!" but I've made my peace with watching it subbed. The new generation trio seem great. Would I prefer it being the original gang? Probably. But I'm still so hyped for this show...as long as they don't kill off Inuyasha. 9/10

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 4, 2020 6:03 PM
Jun 2011
eso-JAR said:
what a bait episode, like 90% of it is just old cast. Source material - ORIGINAL (already no connection with the mangaka that did original Inuyasha). Just another failed fanservice product made on base of the big brother, like it was with Madoka, Fate, etc.
I didn't had high hopes for it, though i'm gonna check the next episode and after drop it.
you actully wrong this episode adapted the bonus chapter of the inuyasha manga. it was not original
Oct 4, 2020 6:28 PM

May 2010
You guys serious? that aws 80% inuyasha and like 20% of the new series. I am smelling Boruto vibes
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 4, 2020 7:00 PM

Aug 2007
Nice episode. But seriously, I have to finish Inuyasha and watch Kanketsu Hen. There are somethings in the story in this first episode I didn't catch.
Oct 4, 2020 7:36 PM
Mar 2016
There's 1 episode and already 1500 people have rated the SERIES a 7.7. MAL can be really silly sometimes. Maybe like actually watch a series before rating it?
Oct 4, 2020 7:37 PM
Mar 2016
Confucius said:
You guys serious? that aws 80% inuyasha and like 20% of the new series. I am smelling Boruto vibes

They have to put the new characters into context ... I can draw no conclusions about the show from 22 minutes of setup.
Oct 4, 2020 8:59 PM
Oct 2020
I watched the 1st episode with big smile.
it is really nostalgic.

but, I prefer if they put the scene like this.
1. six months later scene from start (about 15 minutes)
2. time skip to towa and setsuna childhood,
or something like the original 1st episode, with the natural timeline, not suddenly start in their teen.

because I feel that the towa's capture scene will be repeated.
Takao_Bl00driverOct 4, 2020 9:02 PM
Oct 4, 2020 9:18 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was good... and i liked the idea of showing us the past and the present..

Saddly the type of series im seeing here, is not the one im interested of...

I liked it 10-15 years ago... ill rather re-watch Inuyasha.

Maybe ill watch a few more episode, but i really doubt ill finish it...

PS: Moroha Best Girl.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 4, 2020 9:39 PM

Sep 2018
Nostalgic!! The OST, animation and their voices are still the same! it feels like I watched Inuyasha last year haha

I like it so far. I'm curious with Sesshoumaru's wife though.
Oct 4, 2020 10:23 PM
Apr 2020
Nice first episode! This feels very nostalgic! OPED are both good too! Can't wait to see the adventures of the daughters of Inuyasha & Kagome and Sesshomaru!

Ao_SkyOct 4, 2020 11:10 PM
Oct 4, 2020 11:51 PM

Jul 2010
Start the series with an episode about Inuyasha himself. It's mean and cheap. But in general, the episode itself as an adaptation of that сhapter of the manga is good. The graphics are shit, but the characters are alive.
May be some anime?
Oct 5, 2020 3:10 AM

Feb 2008
merope28 said:
the real question is: who is the mother of sesshomaru's kids?

Adult Rin is the mother.
Oct 5, 2020 6:13 AM

Nov 2017
OMG so nostalgic.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.