Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2020 3:44 AM
Aug 2020
healerblue said:
Cuttlefish24 said:
Hi! My name is Bryan, I'm from the US Washington state. I joined MAL to meet new people and make new friends.
[...]

Hi Bryan, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
Oh nice, what did you think about Your lie in april and did you learn how to play any song from it? I tried to learn how to play the opening from it on a piano but I stopped learning it.
If you want, you can try watching Toradora, Hyouka, Violet Evergarden or Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai. They are all slice of life anime so you might enjoy watching them.
yeah! I actually learned the song "uso to honto" on piano
Aug 5, 2020 5:20 AM
Jul 2020
Hello everyone! I am Abhi from India. I've got into the anime scene recently (used to watch them on television when i was young), and recently, ive began to watch a complete series in proper order.
Uhh, i joined MAL just to keep track of the anime i watch, and to get recommended by other users in the MAL community and also to share y thoughts about a particular topic.
Since i haven't watched that many anime , its hard to say which genre i hate/like, the same goes with choosing the anime i like. For now i liked Angel Beats, Death Note and Violet Evergarden.
My go-to genre would be comedy, drama, supernatural,slice-of-life to name a few.
As far as hobbies go, I like cycling, swimming, trekking, football.
That is all i have got, bye.
Aug 5, 2020 8:23 AM

May 2020
CriminalGenius said:
Hello everyone! I am Abhi from India. I've got into the anime scene recently (used to watch them on television when i was young), and recently, ive began to watch a complete series in proper order.
Uhh, i joined MAL just to keep track of the anime i watch, and to get recommended by other users in the MAL community and also to share y thoughts about a particular topic.
Since i haven't watched that many anime , its hard to say which genre i hate/like, the same goes with choosing the anime i like. For now i liked Angel Beats, Death Note and Violet Evergarden.
My go-to genre would be comedy, drama, supernatural,slice-of-life to name a few.

Ohayo Abhi!
I was also watched quite a lot of anime when I was a kid, mainly Pokemon and Bakugan. I started watching a complete series style not so recently though, I started watching this way around late 2018, with my first one being Sword Art Online.
Oh nice, I joined MAL for quite the same motives as you!
I'm yet to watch Angel Beats and Violet Evergarden but Death Note was indeed a really good anime, also one of my first completed anime.
That's quite the selection of genres, again quite similar to my tastes. Since you really like Slice of Life animes, I think you'll really enjoy Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! All of them fall into the Slice of Life category.
One of my hobbies is also playing football, which position you normally play on?
And again, welcome to the club Abhi!
Aug 5, 2020 10:47 AM
Jul 2020
Le_Username said:
CriminalGenius said:

Ohayo Abhi!
I was also watched quite a lot of anime when I was a kid, mainly Pokemon and Bakugan. I started watching a complete series style not so recently though, I started watching this way around late 2018, with my first one being Sword Art Online.
Oh nice, I joined MAL for quite the same motives as you!
I'm yet to watch Angel Beats and Violet Evergarden but Death Note was indeed a really good anime, also one of my first completed anime.
That's quite the selection of genres, again quite similar to my tastes. Since you really like Slice of Life animes, I think you'll really enjoy Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! All of them fall into the Slice of Life category.
One of my hobbies is also playing football, which position you normally play on?
And again, welcome to the club Abhi!
Hello there :)
We both share a common interest across various aspects, including football. Well , I am a goalkeeper (tall guy problems) and what about you ?
Well, its great to be here and thanks for the recommendation, will surely watch. :)
Cheers!
Aug 5, 2020 1:21 PM
May 2020
Hiya! My name is Lateren! I’m from Ontario, Canada and I’m here to find anime!

The first anime I ever watched (at least from memory) was Soul Eater NOT! Not the best start I know but it was at least my first completed one. My favourite anime at the moment would be Asobi Asobase, I just really like the horror type comedy that the show has to offer.

I’d say my favourite genre has to be comedy and my least favourite would have to be harem. Comedy being my favourite because, it brights up my day and I’d be glad to get a little chuckle out of me. And harem being my least favourite because I can’t see myself wanting to be in the harem protagonist shoes and most of the tropes used in them have never been my favourite, though I did enjoy at least one or two of them.

I hope to expand my knowledge of anime with all of you! Thank you for having me!

“I feel your resolve” -Kasumi Nomura
Aug 5, 2020 1:39 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Lateren said:
Hiya! My name is Lateren! I’m from Ontario, Canada and I’m here to find anime!
[...]

Hi there Lateren!
Soul Eater huh, only knew about it through a parody of Legend of Zelda where the moon of it appeared, surely scared me for some time x)
Actually didn't know that Asobi Asobase is a horror type comedy, expected wholesome one o.O Good to have that expectation fixed though, can't imagine my face if I'd had started it with the wrong impression... I really get why you love Comedy, in combination with Slice of Life it's the perfect combination for me, not really caring about deep plot or stunning animation - just plain enjoyment :D
taking CGDCT aside as that's sadly not an official genre

But what would interest me, is Teekyuu actually good? The community rating is a bit low but it surely sounds like something that I'd enjoy!
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 5, 2020 2:01 PM
May 2020
Hiya @karasian ! Yeah it be pretty surprising to go into Asobi Asobase with a blind eye, but honestly it be pretty funny to see someone who thinks that it is a wholesome slice of life show not knowing what it really is react to it. And about Teekyuu, think of it like the studio only had a week to make a whole anime from scratch, maybe even 3 days. All the episodes are only 2 minutes long so it’s hard to stomach anything, there’s no plot like a all, the animation is crap, and honestly it’s a big fat joke, so I rated it like one. Honestly it was so crappy it was entertaining, it’s also quite surprised that this has 5 seasons already. Honestly I don’t recommend it but it’s a fast watch so you can try it out.
Aug 5, 2020 2:04 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@Lateren
...there’s no plot like a all, the animation is crap, and honestly it’s a big fat joke

Oh. Say no more I'M IN
I'll have a try soon enough!

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 5, 2020 2:16 PM
May 2020
@karasian Try challenging yourself by watching this on 2% speed. Trust me it’s not any easier understand on normal speed either.
Aug 6, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2018
Yahallo~ (≧∇≦)/

My name is Areyon, I'm from Indonesia.
I'm joined MAL on 2018 but just active recently.
Most favorite genres are action and romance.
My first anime was naruto, or bleach maybe.. I watched them on televi when I was a kid.
For now I love monogatari series and gintama series cause they can make me cry, or laugh till cry.. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu (人ゝд∩)

Signature layout #Winter2021 Dark Mode Edition
Designed by me.
Aug 6, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2019
AriiaLD said:
[...]
[...]
For now I love monogatari series and gintama series cause they can make me cry, or laugh till cry..
[...]

Yahallo Areyon, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.
I also love Monogatari and just until recently I had both bio layout and anime list layout connected with Monogatari series. Araragi is one of my favorite characters of all time and it did make me laugh as well, but I'm not sure if I cried though. My favorite genres are action and romance as well. If you want me to recommend you anime that has romance, action or both, I'd recommend watching Steins;Gate, Zankyou no Terror, Durarara, Code Geass or Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai.

I also noticed that you have a really nice bio / about me layout. I recently made the new one for Toaru series (A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun) in case you want to check it. It also has clickable buttons just like your does. What was your first anime when you started watching it in 2015, besides the TV ones? I remember searching where to watch my first anime called [i]Clockwork planet[/i] and when I found it I finished watching it within few days.

It was nice to meet you and I also sent you a friend request in case you want to chat more.
Aug 6, 2020 4:55 AM

Oct 2018
healerblue said:
AriiaLD said:
[...]
[...]
For now I love monogatari series and gintama series cause they can make me cry, or laugh till cry..
[...]

Yahallo Areyon, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.
I also love Monogatari and just until recently I had both bio layout and anime list layout connected with Monogatari series. Araragi is one of my favorite characters of all time and it did make me laugh as well, but I'm not sure if I cried though. My favorite genres are action and romance as well. If you want me to recommend you anime that has romance, action or both, I'd recommend watching Steins;Gate, Zankyou no Terror, Durarara, Code Geass or Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai.

I also noticed that you have a really nice bio / about me layout. I recently made the new one for Toaru series (A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun) in case you want to check it. It also has clickable buttons just like your does. What was your first anime when you started watching it in 2015, besides the TV ones? I remember searching where to watch my first anime called [i]Clockwork planet[/i] and when I found it I finished watching it within few days.

It was nice to meet you and I also sent you a friend request in case you want to chat more.

Thank you ´・ᴗ・`
You have a great about me layout too
My first anime in 2015 is Renai Boukun.. or HxH maybe..
I'll try to watch you recoms.. thanks for that!

Signature layout #Winter2021 Dark Mode Edition
Designed by me.
Aug 6, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2020
Hello everyone! My name is Joseph. pleased to meet you all. I'm from Los Angeles, California. First anime i saw was Speed Racer (mach gogogo). I have a lot of favorite series like Space Battleship Yamato, Monster, Fist of the Northstar, to name a few. I watched an Interview with the folks from MAL and figured yeah i'll give it a try. It'll help me remember all the shows I had seen over the years. My hobbies are Gunpla, computers, and walking for exercise. I hope everyone is doing good. Stay safe and healthy.
Aug 7, 2020 1:37 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
GuillotineJoeD said:
Hello everyone! My name is Joseph. pleased to meet you all. I'm from Los Angeles, California.
[...]

The pleasure is on my side Joseph, I'm doing great and hope you will stay safe as well!
Speed Racer is a really old show and seems rather unknown, where did you watch it? Not sure if something like this was already broadcasted that early, hmmm...
Really admire you for having your watched shows still in mind, I would have long forgotten it x)
I've heard of Gunplas before (from a previous member), do you have a favorite one?

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 7, 2020 2:12 AM
Jul 2020
Hello @Karasian! I watched Speed Racer on the old uhf channel 52 los angeles. oh my god that was years ago heh. yup good ol broadcast TV early 1970's. anime has always been a part of my entertainment. So far my favorite gunpla is the master grade RX-78-02 Gundam. From Gundam the Origin. That was a pretty cool prequel to Mobile Suit Gundam. yesterday I was at a hobby shop and saw a bunch of model kits i wanted but have to finish the ones I have before getting new ones.
Aug 7, 2020 4:26 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@GuillotineJoeD I see! Surprising to see that Japanese television series were already broadcasted - a thing that wasn't real until 1999 in Germany (and only really popular ones like Dragon Ball)...but either way, that Gundam is looking awesome! Can really relate to you, always wanting something new while just recently having bought something else.

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 7, 2020 5:44 AM

May 2020
hi my name is Çağrı from Republic of Turkey im 24 and create reason MAL update my watch lists and read lists thats it :)

my fav anime AOT Shingeki no Kyojin
my fav manga Berserk

Aug 7, 2020 7:20 AM

Jul 2019
Gros said:
hi my name is Çağrı from Republic of Turkey im 24 and create reason MAL update my watch lists and read lists thats it :)

my fav manga Berserk

Yahhooo, Çağrı!
AOT is very thrilling. I didn't like S1 but S2 and above gave me chills on how deep is the plot of it! I recommend reading the manga! You'll like it. Also Berserk is a very good manga too. You can appreciate the author's art style! It's really good. Too bad the adaptation didn't gave the justice on how good it is.
Hope you are having a nice day and stay safe lad!
Aug 7, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2020
Hey. My name is Thomas and i live in Germany.
I joined MAL just to to keep track of the anime i've watched. I didn't think that so many people would actively post and comment on new and even older anime, so I hope to have some fun reading other people's opinions and roasting them xD.
My favourite Anime is rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai (Seishun Buta Yarō).
I haven't read that much manga, most of the stuff i read are stories I liked in an anime and had to read ahead in the manga.
I love Drama, Romance, and good Action so if you have some good recomendations I'd like to hear them.

May the blessings of the spirits be with all of you.

P.s. i don't get why soooooo many people like Rem more than Emilia : ) Fight me if you think that.
Aug 7, 2020 11:46 AM

Oct 2019
Thomase said:
[...]
I joined MAL just to to keep track of the anime i've watched. I didn't think that so many people would actively post and comment on new and even older anime, so I hope to have some fun reading other people's opinions and roasting them xD.
[...]

Hey Thomas, welcome to the club.
My favorite anime is Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai as well. The reason why I like it is because of the art style and the characters are really great. What did you like about it? I also loved the movie as well, I'm glad that it got a continuation and I hope that it gets 2nd season.
For me it's the same, I read a little bit of Rising of the shield hero manga because I didn't think that there would be new seasons of it but in general I don't read too much manga although I told myself I'll try to read more.
If you want maybe I can recommend you some of the romance or action anime?
You can check:
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Kimi no Na wa.
Kekkai Sensen
Steins;Gate

I think the reason why people like Rem more than Emilia is because Rem seemed like she cares more about Subaru and wanting to protect him.
Aug 8, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2020
Hello Everyone! I'm really bad at introducing my self that kind of stuff but I'll try my best.

My name is Geoff Rowley and I'm from Philippines (yes, Philippines, quite a name right?, its not sounds like an asian, and yeah English is my second language, actually my english is not good I assume.) I want to study Japanese language in the future.
I joined MAL because I have a purpose 1)first i prefer MAL in tracking anime or stuff than other website 2)to list or organize my anime and manga stuff like that or it's just really my hobby 3)Designing and coding, actually I'm not really good at it. 4)giving my anime a score, btw I rate anime anime based on my personal enjoyment over criticism 5)finding users who share similar tastes and provides a large database on anime and manga.
My first anime is Naruto (I'm not really sure of it or I can't remember bc I'm just an elementary student at that time, when I was in that age it was the time I've been influenced by my brother in fact he is a fan and so on i've reached high school I started to watch various series and my very first Romance Comedy was Kaichou wa maid-sama ^^
I like all the types of anime genre... my favorite genres are Romance Comedy, Adventure Fiction, Fantasy, Action ,Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk(subgenre of sci-fi actually), Shonen, Shoujo(typically) and etc.
...There's a one genre that I hate actually and that is YAOI, i'm sorry yaoi fans :(. Hey, if it's Hentai genres which I don't like then there's a lot but I don't want to spit it out here. sorry again to bring up this topic.
My hobbies: 1)I like watching anime(obviously), 2)reading manga my other hobbies excluding 1 and 2 are 3)playing video games 4)listening to music 5)dancing but only (KPOP choreography, yeah i'm not really good at dancing) bc I'm a fan of KPOP so that's why I love to dance. BTW I love the kpop group TWICE and BTS

That's it everyone! I recommend watching One Piece and read manga Blame! those are my favs series and manga a masterpiece!
and...
I LOVE SPRITE!

MadErenAug 8, 2020 7:18 AM

sackcloth and ashes

Aug 8, 2020 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
Welcome to MAL, @Spriteman, fellow citizen! Magandang gabi. Kamusta?
Glad that you made it here! I see that you prefer this site too rather than any anime/manga database sites like anilist. I love it too because it's just simple, comfortable and easy to use.
It's good that you're scoring shows by your enjoyment rather than criticizing and judging all the characters and plot.
So your first anime was Naruto. Nice! Mine was shaman king. I recommended it if you like fantasy, adventure and magic.
It seems like we have the same taste too! I like fantasy, scifi especially cyberpunk, action, supernatural also. But my 2 favorite genres are comedy and psychological! I dislike yaoi too! And shoujo, somehow. If you like cyberpunk, I recommend you to watch Psycho Pass and Ghost in the Shell. They have the same vibes and both sets in futuristic world/city.
RegulusXAug 8, 2020 9:53 AM
Aug 8, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2020
RegulusX said:
Welcome to MAL, @Spriteman, fellow citizen! Magandang gabi. Kamusta?
Glad that you made it here! I see that you prefer this site too rather than any anime/manga database sites like anilist. I love it too because it's just simple, comfortable and easy to use.
It's good that you're scoring shows by your enjoyment rather than criticizing and judging all the characters and plot.
So your first anime was Naruto. Nice! Mine was shaman king. I recommended it if you like fantasy, adventure and magic.
It seems like we have the same taste too! I like fantasy, scifi especially cyberpunk, action, supernatural also. But my 2 favorite genres are comedy and psychological! I dislike yaoi too! And shoujo, somehow. If you like cyberpunk, I recommend you to watch Psycho Pass and Ghost in the Shell. They have the same vibes and both sets in futuristic world/city.

Hi nice to meet you ^^ thank you for responding.
I'm glad that we had the same taste XD
It's true that I would rather score the show with my personal enjoyment, but the character and the story in the show is involved within my entertainment and I can't avoid but ends up criticizing it, logically :V
What I'm really trying to say was I rate anime based on my entertainment rather than the denounce by others...
That's also why I don't read reviews before I watch a certain show bc it will ruin my perspective on the show.

Anyways, thank you for the recommendation, and it seems you like Sci-Fi and Cyberpunk then I recommend you read Blame! it has a great story and art.
MadErenAug 8, 2020 12:30 PM

sackcloth and ashes

Aug 11, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2020
Hello everyone, glad to be invited to this club. I'm from Ireland and have only recently just started properly watching anime. I watched the Death Note adaptation around last year and kept hearing how dirt it was compared to the anime. Not really having watched anime before I just decided to give it a quick look and see how much better it was. I ended up binge-watching it for the whole week because of how good it was.

Fast-forward to around March this year when lockdown went into effect in Ireland and I was completely bored of Netflix. Out of this boredom, I started scrolling through the anime section because there was nothing else to watch. I loved watching the various Studio Ghibli films and from there, I pretty much just moved from one anime to the next. I just love stories no matter what medium they're told in. That's why I always spend most of my free time reading books or watching movies. I've realized that Anime has some pretty good stories as well so that's why I'm going to continue watching anything that's good. I look forward to seeing this club's recommendations. Thanks again everyone.
Aug 11, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2020
AnacottSteel said:
Hello everyone, glad to be invited to this club. I'm from Ireland and have only recently just started properly watching anime. I watched the Death Note adaptation around last year and kept hearing how dirt it was compared to the anime. Not really having watched anime before I just decided to give it a quick look and see how much better it was. I ended up binge-watching it for the whole week because of how good it was.

Fast-forward to around March this year when lockdown went into effect in Ireland and I was completely bored of Netflix. Out of this boredom, I started scrolling through the anime section because there was nothing else to watch. I loved watching the various Studio Ghibli films and from there, I pretty much just moved from one anime to the next. I just love stories no matter what medium they're told in. That's why I always spend most of my free time reading books or watching movies. I've realized that Anime has some pretty good stories as well so that's why I'm going to continue watching anything that's good. I look forward to seeing this club's recommendations. Thanks again everyone.

Hello AnacottSteel and welcome to the Newbie Club. If you are looking for recommendations I would recommend, Kokoro connect, Toradora, ReLIFE, and Haikyuu and Free
Aug 11, 2020 8:33 PM

Sep 2019
Hello everyone! I'm Sara, from Paraguay, the South America's Heart.
I'm a friendly 21 years old engineering student who uses this fantastic japanese worlds to scape from stress and real life and relax
I actually started watching anime thanks to a friend that insisted for over a year until I finally said yes. I never regret following her to this magnificent world
My first anime was Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, and I was completely hooked. I watched all chapters in a row. It's still one of my favorites, I definitely love it, and it helped to open my mind to this.
My favorites genres are thriller, psychological, mystery, romance, and slice of life.
I don't feel comfortable with explicit... well, you know, so I don't like hentai, yuri and yaoi, but I think I could stand a little Ecchi if the story is good enough.
I joined this club for recommendations, but also for meet other people and make new friends (and not feel a little lost here in MAL)
I joined MAL because it was difficult to record an anime & manga tracker in a notebook
So, that was it, hope we get along well :3

deliveries || card slips || set by: t i t a n w e e b thanks r e n
Aug 12, 2020 3:33 AM
Jul 2020
BravoTushka said:
AnacottSteel said:

Hello AnacottSteel and welcome to the Newbie Club. If you are looking for recommendations I would recommend, Kokoro connect, Toradora, ReLIFE, and Haikyuu and Free

Thanks, I'll be sure to give them a look.
Aug 12, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2019
Cute_Monster said:
Hello everyone! I'm Sara [...]
I'm a friendly 21 years old engineering student who uses this fantastic japanese worlds to scape from stress and real life and relax
[...]
My first anime was Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, and I was completely hooked. I watched all chapters in a row. It's still one of my favorites, I definitely love it, and it helped to open my mind to this.
My favorites genres are thriller, psychological, mystery, romance, and slice of life.
[...]

Hello Sara, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
What's your opinion on engineering so far? I always have weird and creative ideas on my mind about what I'd want to build but I'm not an engineer so I can't xD, although it would be fun.
If you want, you could take the survey that's about anime and if anime is important to you and how -> The survey. Feel free to let me know your opinion about the survey after you take it. I know few friends who are similar, that they use anime as an escape or scape from stress and they're able to relax while watching it.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi was really good, I remember learning something from it. It had a really nice message if you know what I mean. I guess it would be similar to what you said "open my mind".
If you want I can recommend you some romance, slice of life, psychological anime that I watched?
For now I can recommend watching:
Steins;Gate
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Durarara!!
ReLIFE
Plastic Memories

I'm pretty confident that they don't have any explicit stuff or if they do it's very minimal so you should be alright. Steins;Gate and Code Geass are really good and they are thrillers and psychological anime so you should be able to enjoy watching them. Durarara is really good in my opinion and has a lot of elements in it, both thriller, romance, comedy etc. ReLIFE and Plastic Memories are really good and I recommend watching them.
I also sent you a friend request if you want to chat more or ask me about more recommendations, of course you can always ask others in The General Chat.
I hope so as well :)
To get to the survey or general chat just click the blue text and it should take you to the page.
Aug 12, 2020 6:06 AM
Jun 2020
Hello, my name is Oscar, i come from France, Marseille specially, i like manga, anime and i saw average 50's (my english is bad i'm just 17 years old). I like other thing like video game (osu, mc, cs:go and apex legend and nintendo's game) and skate... (my presentation looks like a school's one XD) my discord is AdvertiX_#9971 you can add me if you want to talk about video game i've mentionned

I love a lot of different genre like romance, action or comedy
my first anime was Naruto when i was 8 or 7 i think, i watch anime since 2 or 3 years (expept naruto) and the corona virus give me back the will to watch new things and not only popular
Adv_OscarAug 12, 2020 6:12 AM
Aug 12, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2020
Hello! My name is Sauce, few call me Sosa.

I come from Croatia. I'm a freelance artist who loves fantasy and aesthetics - my favourite colours are pink and purple. Drinks way too much cappuccino and tea. Drawing, diving and gardening are my hobbies. Planning on sewing in the future.

Joined MAL to maintain a list of things I want to watch later at some point. Was recommended to give this site a try. Eventually, I developed a list which is pretty small. Given that I can polish things my own way, I certainly fell in love with the options I can do here. My first anime was Golden Boy, but my favourite one is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. The very first proper manga I read was Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Stone Ocean (Part 6). Comedy and adventure genres would be something I fancy the most. Not really a fan of horror and gore/violence genre.

~Cheers!
Aug 12, 2020 7:38 AM

May 2020
RadioactiveSauce said:

I come from Croatia. I'm a freelance artist who loves fantasy and aesthetics - my favourite colours are pink and purple. Drinks way too much cappuccino and tea. Drawing, diving and gardening are my hobbies. Planning on sewing in the future.

Joined MAL to maintain a list of things I want to watch later at some point. Was recommended to give this site a try. Eventually, I developed a list which is pretty small. Given that I can polish things my own way, I certainly fell in love with the options I can do here. My first anime was Golden Boy, but my favourite one is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. The very first proper manga I read was Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Stone Ocean (Part 6). Comedy and adventure genres would be something I fancy the most. Not really a fan of horror and gore/violence genre.

~Cheers!

Hi Sosa, welcome to the newbie club. Whats the best anime you have watched so far?
Aug 12, 2020 8:13 AM

May 2020
AdvertiX said:
Hello, my name is Oscar, i come from France, Marseille specially, i like manga, anime and i saw average 50's (my english is bad i'm just 17 years old). I like other thing like video game (osu, mc, cs:go and apex legend and nintendo's game) and skate... (my presentation looks like a school's one XD) my discord is AdvertiX_#9971 you can add me if you want to talk about video game i've mentionned

I love a lot of different genre like romance, action or comedy
my first anime was Naruto when i was 8 or 7 i think, i watch anime since 2 or 3 years (expept naruto) and the corona virus give me back the will to watch new things and not only popular

Salemat pagi Oscar!
Don't worry about no having the best english around, many of us aren't native speakers. I'm brazilian so sometimes I also have some trouble with the english language.
I used to play some nintendo games back in the day, mainly pokemon. By the way, I'm a Gen 4.
Nice selection of genres, I'm more of a Comedy/Slice of Life watcher but I enjoy almost all genres.
My first anime was Pokemon, and my first completed one was Sword Art Online, which I currently don't have the best opinion on XD.
And again, welcome to the club!!!
Aug 12, 2020 9:01 AM

Aug 2020
BravoTushka said:
RadioactiveSauce said:

~Cheers!

Hi Sosa, welcome to the newbie club. Whats the best anime you have watched so far?

Hello BravoTushka! My top favourites are Konosuba, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures and Miss Kobayashi Dragon maid! Would recommend these!
Jojo's can get violent sometimes and it does show some brutal scenes, but the other two are incredible and funny.
Aug 12, 2020 11:42 AM

Sep 2019
healerblue said:
Cute_Monster said:
Hello everyone! I'm Sara [...]
[...]
[...]

Hello Sara, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
What's your opinion on engineering so far? I always have weird and creative ideas on my mind about what I'd want to build but I'm not an engineer so I can't xD, although it would be fun.
If you want, you could take the survey that's about anime and if anime is important to you and how -> The survey. Feel free to let me know your opinion about the survey after you take it. I know few friends who are similar, that they use anime as an escape or scape from stress and they're able to relax while watching it.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi was really good, I remember learning something from it. It had a really nice message if you know what I mean. I guess it would be similar to what you said "open my mind".
If you want I can recommend you some romance, slice of life, psychological anime that I watched?
For now I can recommend watching:
Steins;Gate
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Durarara!!
ReLIFE
Plastic Memories

I'm pretty confident that they don't have any explicit stuff or if they do it's very minimal so you should be alright. Steins;Gate and Code Geass are really good and they are thrillers and psychological anime so you should be able to enjoy watching them. Durarara is really good in my opinion and has a lot of elements in it, both thriller, romance, comedy etc. ReLIFE and Plastic Memories are really good and I recommend watching them.
I also sent you a friend request if you want to chat more or ask me about more recommendations, of course you can always ask others in The General Chat.
I hope so as well :)
To get to the survey or general chat just click the blue text and it should take you to the page.
Are you an engineering student too? I'm taking civil engineering, and what I love about it is how it will allow me to improve a lot life quality for many people. As I live in a third world country, there's so much to do here in civil engineering area, that challenge myself to study more and also to investigate. I see it as a symbol of stability and progress.
Also I took the survey and I have fun translating my ideas to English (my native language is Spanish), it reminds me of a survey I once took to help a psychology student with his thesis.
I already sent you a friend request again, 'cause I didn't find yours when I checked my pending request hehe
Thanks for your recommendations, I surely will take a look at those, and give you a rewiew later ;)

deliveries || card slips || set by: t i t a n w e e b thanks r e n
Aug 12, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2019
Cute_Monster said:
Are you an engineering student too? I'm taking civil engineering, and what I love about it is how it will allow me to improve a lot life quality for many people. As I live in a third world country, there's so much to do here in civil engineering area, that challenge myself to study more and also to investigate. I see it as a symbol of stability and progress.
[...]

I'm not an engineering student. Oh, a symbol of stability and progress. Well, if you're able to help others and you're happy with your study / profession than it's all good.
That's nice. I still haven't checked the survey and I'll only view it once we close it so I can sort the results but I'm curious to see how it looks like.

I accepted your friend request. I thought I sent it, my bad :O, I'm so sorry about that.
Sure, if you want I can recommend you more in messages?
Aug 12, 2020 4:26 PM
Mar 2020
Hi my name is Hiran and I come from Australia. I joined MAL so I could find new anime to watch and to make new friends. My cousin introduced me to anime last year and I've been hooked on it ever since. The first anime I watched was Haikyuu! and I really enjoyed it. I like most anime genres but my favorites are Slice of Life, Psychological and Shounen. My two favorite anime would have to Your Lie in April and The Promised Neverland. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am looking for more people to chat with about anime. I hope to have fun times with you all and learn more about anime.

Bye!
DeggyTheAnimeBoiAug 13, 2020 3:50 PM
Aug 12, 2020 5:44 PM

May 2020
DeggyTheAnimeBoi said:
Hi my name is Hiran and I come from Australia. I joined MAL so I could find new anime to watch and to make new friends. My cousin introduced me to anime last year and I've been hooked on it ever since. The first anime I watched was Haikyuu! and I really enjoyed it. I like most anime genres but my favorites are Slice of Life, Psychological and Shounen. My two favorite anime would have to Your Lie in April and The Promised Neverland. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am looking for more people to chat with about anime. I hope to have fun times with you all and learn more about anime.

Bye!

Yo Hiran!
It's really cool that your cousin liked anime and decided to show you, I got into anime around late 2018, when I was a bit curious about the whole anime world and started watching some animes that were on Netflix, my first completed one was Sword Art Online.
I'm also quite the Slice of Life lover, but I also love some nice comedy and drama elements.
I also enjoyed Your Lie In April, quite a beaitiful show isn't it?
Feel free to talk with me, just add me as a friend and we can talk over the DMs or via Discord.
And again, welcome to the club!
Aug 13, 2020 6:09 AM

Jun 2020
Hello, my name is Faith and I’m from Australia. I only recently got into anime last year after watching Diabolik Lovers again for the first time since 2014. The first time I watched it I didn’t like it, the second time I watched it I didn’t like it, BUT it prompted me to explore the rest of this medium. I pretty much hated anime and it’s fanbase my entire childhood and I don’t know what changed, but well, here we are now. My favourite anime is Devilman Crybaby and my favourite genre is action.
Aug 13, 2020 11:03 AM

Oct 2019
CowTan said:
Hello, my name is Faith and I’m from Australia. I only recently got into anime last year after watching Diabolik Lovers again for the first time since 2014.
[...]

Hello Faith (Nice name),
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
Oh, you watched Diabolik Lovers? What did you think about it? Is that your first anime or is it something else? If it got you in anime than it's good.
I heard something similar with few other people, where they hated anime but then started watching it and liked it. There is a survey running on the similar topic here in this club called: Is anime important to you?. If you want you could take it and there is more detail there about why we're running the survey.
If you want I could try to recommend you some of the action anime? Why is Devilman Crybaby your favorite anime btw? My personal favorite is Bunny girl senpai because of the characters, story, art style and music along with sounds, all combined makes a masterpiece in my opinion and it's just wonderful.
I also sent you a friend request in case you want me to message you a recommendation or talk more.
Aug 13, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2016
Hello everyone, my name is Mae 💖 and I'm from Argentina (So my English may not be very good)
I have had an MAL account since 2016 but I'm only now starting to use it this year.

Probably the first anime I saw was Dragon Ball Z Kai in 2014 because it was shown on TV.

My favorite anime is Anohana, and I really like slice of life and rom-com animes 💖
I don't think I hate any gender, but maybe Harem-Ecchi are the type of anime that I watch the least.

And I think that would be it, Thanks for reading, bai bai 💖
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2019
Mae404 said:
Hello everyone, my name is Mae 💖
[...]
I have had an MAL account since 2016 but I'm only now starting to use it this year.
[...]
My favorite anime is Anohana, and I really like slice of life and rom-com animes 💖
I don't think I hate any gender, but maybe Harem-Ecchi are the type of anime that I watch the least.
[...]

Hello Mae, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.

I started watching anime in 2017. What was the first anime you saw online, or the anime that made you interested in anime or left an impression about anime? For me, my first anime was Clockwork Planet and the anime that left an impression is probably Bunny Girl Senpai or Kekkai Sensen. I remember watching a lot of anime back when I first started watching and I was watching a lot of genres but Clockwork Planet kind of introduced me to most of them and to most cliches which is funny in my opinion.

Oh, you liked Anohana and you like slice of life and rom-com? Hm, I can recommend you to watch:
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. It's a rom-com but with drama and a little bit serious part in it. It also has mystery so you might like it.
Senryu Girl is really funny anime and it is really cute. I recommend giving it a try.
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is another really funny and cute rom-com.
The Quintessential Quintuplets is the last anime that I can think about right now that is a rom-com that I would recommend giving a try.

Oh, The Quintessential Quintuplets is a Harem anime but I don't think it's Ecchi. It's really funny though and you can at least check it out and see if you might like it. They are also planning on making 2nd season about it.

I sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more anime.
Btw I think your English is good, or at least I haven't noticed any mistake xD, don't worry about it but if you're learning it good luck :).
Aug 13, 2020 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
healerblue said:
Mae404 said:
Hello everyone, my name is Mae 💖
[...]
[...]
[...]

Hello Mae, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.

I started watching anime in 2017. What was the first anime you saw online, or the anime that made you interested in anime or left an impression about anime? For me, my first anime was Clockwork Planet and the anime that left an impression is probably Bunny Girl Senpai or Kekkai Sensen. I remember watching a lot of anime back when I first started watching and I was watching a lot of genres but Clockwork Planet kind of introduced me to most of them and to most cliches which is funny in my opinion.

Oh, you liked Anohana and you like slice of life and rom-com? Hm, I can recommend you to watch:
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. It's a rom-com but with drama and a little bit serious part in it. It also has mystery so you might like it.
Senryu Girl is really funny anime and it is really cute. I recommend giving it a try.
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is another really funny and cute rom-com.
The Quintessential Quintuplets is the last anime that I can think about right now that is a rom-com that I would recommend giving a try.

Oh, The Quintessential Quintuplets is a Harem anime but I don't think it's Ecchi. It's really funny though and you can at least check it out and see if you might like it. They are also planning on making 2nd season about it.

I sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more anime.
Btw I think your English is good, or at least I haven't noticed any mistake xD, don't worry about it but if you're learning it good luck :).

Oh, thanks for the recommendations, I am currently watching Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun and I am really enjoying it.

While my first anime was DBZ kai in 2014, I started watching anime in early 2015, my first anime was Anohana too and it was the anime that made me want to start watching other types of anime, I guess that's why I like it so much to the point of being my favorite.

About Harem or Ecchi, I don't dislike them at all, I have recently seen animes with ecchi that I liked a lot, like Shokugeki No Souma, and my first anime were also Harem and Ecchi, one of my first animes was Oreimo for example, I guess today I just feel a bit saturated with the genre and that's why I don't enjoy it that much anymore.

Thank you for sending me the friend request, the truth was I wanted to be able to make friends who can recommend anime to me, so I will gladly accept it.
And it also makes me happy that my English is understood JAJASJD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2020 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
Mae404 said:
Oh, thanks for the recommendations, I am currently watching Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun and I am really enjoying it.
[...]

No problem. Your first anime was Anohana? That's great. I remember watching it few months ago and it was really beautiful although the beginning was a little slow for me or well, uninteresting but I ended up liking it.

Personally, I don't care if anime is Ecchi or Harem. If I like the idea of the anime I watch it, yes there are times when I don't want this genre but there are times where I watch anime that I really wanted to watch and it just happens to be there so I just deal with it.

No problem, feel free to message me afterwards if you want more recommendations or just to talk about anime.
Yeah, your English was understood xD hahahahaa.
Cheers
Aug 13, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
healerblue said:

No problem. Your first anime was Anohana? That's great. I remember watching it few months ago and it was really beautiful although the beginning was a little slow for me or well, uninteresting but I ended up liking it.

I guess Anohana didn't seem slow to me because it was the first time I saw anime and I had not seen other anime to compare it to and it was not at all like watching Dragon Ball.
In fact, at first I didn't understand anything lol, I started watching that anime because a youtuber that I really liked recommended it, and I hadn't even read the synopsis before I started watching it. I just really liked the drawing style and the music and wanted to see it.
Aug 13, 2020 8:50 PM

Jul 2020
Hello guys....... I'm an anime watcher from India.....my favorite genre is action/comedy/romance...my first anime was FMAB and AOT and I've read manga of One piece too till 300 chapters and currently watching anime till that arc(Skypiea)....
I started watching anime last year only......before than that I used to watch netflix/tv series.....
I've even completed solo levelling till latest chapter.Ps..thanks @le_username for invitation
Priyanshu-_-Aug 13, 2020 8:53 PM
Aug 14, 2020 12:20 AM

Jun 2020
healerblue said:
CowTan said:
Hello, my name is Faith and I’m from Australia. I only recently got into anime last year after watching Diabolik Lovers again for the first time since 2014.
[...]

Hello Faith (Nice name),
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
Oh, you watched Diabolik Lovers? What did you think about it? Is that your first anime or is it something else? If it got you in anime than it's good.
I heard something similar with few other people, where they hated anime but then started watching it and liked it. There is a survey running on the similar topic here in this club called: Is anime important to you?. If you want you could take it and there is more detail there about why we're running the survey.
If you want I could try to recommend you some of the action anime? Why is Devilman Crybaby your favorite anime btw? My personal favorite is Bunny girl senpai because of the characters, story, art style and music along with sounds, all combined makes a masterpiece in my opinion and it's just wonderful.
I also sent you a friend request in case you want me to message you a recommendation or talk more.

Diabolik Loves? Yeah, I didn’t like it at all but it was my first ever anime in Japanese. Previously, I’d only ever watched the dub for DBZ and Pokémon so I guess chronologically that makes Diabolik Lovers my third anime.
I really would appreciate some decent action recs too so thank you; and I don’t know why I like Devilman Crybaby, maybe because Devilman was the first manga I completed? Or, maybe it’s because I just think Ryo is cool. I certainly don’t think Crybaby is good, I guess I have poor taste despite myself.
Aug 14, 2020 1:23 AM

Oct 2019
CowTan said:
Diabolik Loves? Yeah, I didn’t like it at all but it was my first ever anime in Japanese. Previously, I’d only ever watched the dub for DBZ and Pokémon so I guess chronologically that makes Diabolik Lovers my third anime.
[...]

If you watched Diabolik Lovers online and that got you interested in the anime, than I'd call it a first anime, because if we count DBZ, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh etc. I think that those 3 would be everyone's first anime xD.
I'll message you the recommendation then :)
Aug 14, 2020 7:02 PM
Jul 2020
Hello, guys! I’m Matt and Im from the Philippines. I started watching anime when Fairy Tail aired on our television when I was around 10 years old so I am now a fan of anime for 7 years. I really like watching any genres of anime except for mecha and horror but I still watch some nonetheless. My favorite anime is Given, No. 6, and Haikyu!! To end my introduction, I will say that these fictional characters helped me through a lot and they taught me all sorts of things in life and that’s why I continue to watch anime ❤️
Aug 15, 2020 2:12 AM
Aug 2020
Hello I’m ChipsAndDrinks. I had started watching anime around a year and a half ago.
The first time I watched anime I got attached to it and kept watching it. I’m quite a young anime watcher at the age of 11 but I still watch the gory and bloody anime’s.
I love anime and I would love to get lots of anime recommendations. Thanks
Aug 15, 2020 5:50 AM

May 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
Gros said:

my fav manga Berserk

Yahhooo, Çağrı!
AOT is very thrilling. I didn't like S1 but S2 and above gave me chills on how deep is the plot of it! I recommend reading the manga! You'll like it. Also Berserk is a very good manga too. You can appreciate the author's art style! It's really good.
Too bad the adaptation didn't gave the justice on how good it is.
Hope you are having a nice day and stay safe lad!

i read same time mangas aot and berserk im waiting 5 sep for aot manga

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» monster odyssey

raylerchil - Jul 29, 2023

2 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 11:50 PM

» Favourite Episodes from Anime you Don't Particularly Like

The_Real_Calluma - Dec 3, 2021

4 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 11:49 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6994 by omorashi »»
Jun 12, 10:50 PM

» What anime do you recommend people not to watch

huhimadethis - Jan 2, 2021

27 by Serafos »»
Jun 12, 10:36 PM

» [ACTIVITY] What is your preference, subs or dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RavenMoore - Mar 6, 2016

205 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
Jun 12, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.