Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2020 1:13 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016

—Introduction—

Welcome to The Newbie Club general chat! While we do have a Discord, we know many of our members enjoy conversing through the forums, so we've decided to implement this thread. Most topics are acceptable, but remember to keep in mind our rules (listed below). For our members who have been conversing in comment section, we will try to bring them over here, so that we can increase overall community chat!

If you have any questions, feel free to message any of our administrators! Administrator junepole will be looking over this chat, you may also DM them if you have any questions. Our moderators will also be observing and participating in chat for regulation purposes. Be friendly with one another, and happy messaging!

—Rules—

1) Please follow all MAL rules. Click here to read them.

2) Be sure to read over our club rules. Click here to read them.

3) Use of spoilers in this thread is permitted with a spoiler tag. If the spoiler-conversation is prolonged, please bring it to DM instead. If you do not use the spoiler tag your message will be deleted by our moderators.

4) Not meeting the requirements above may result in a warning or a ban.

—Important Notes—

How do you write spoilers?
Be sure to read Rule 3 in the section above. It explains how to add spoilers. That said, please keep spoiler-related conversation to a minimum.

What can we talk about?
An obvious answer would be anime, but here are some things that could be discussed besides such:

If you have difficulty participating in the conversation, you can DM a moderator! We'll try to make sure conversation fluctuates and that everyone can participate :)

Who do we message if we have any questions?
Feel free to message any of our staff through DM! You can find who is in our staff by clicking here. Otherwise, you can message junepole/junepole#2386 or TheSkiesAwake/Skies#0636.

TheSkiesAwakeApr 10, 2020 6:08 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2020 1:16 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
We've created this new thread for anyone who wants to discuss through our forums with other members! I'll leave a question here for anyone who wants to respond. How are you all doing with the current state of things? Watching more anime, or have you been up to anything interesting?
Apr 9, 2020 1:23 PM
Dec 2018
Well my Wedding got cancelled and my moving out of my mum's place has been delayed.. BUT! At least TNC has a MAL general chat thread!
Apr 9, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2019
My country is in lockdown rn, and I have no online school for the time-being so I'm just going to try to binge and catch up as much anime as I can. This lockdown has been rough but at the same time it's had its positives for me, such as more time for me to watch anime, play games, etc and not having to go outside to do stuff
Apr 9, 2020 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
TheSkiesAwake said:
We've created this new thread for anyone who wants to discuss through our forums with other members! I'll leave a question here for anyone who wants to respond. How are you all doing with the current state of things? Watching more anime, or have you been up to anything interesting?

Like everyone else, I've been holed up in my room for the past 3 weeks binging anything I can find, sleeping only when necessary. Please help. My vision has dramatically deteriorated and I am nearly blind, my body is literally dying and my addiction to anime won't waver. I've been eating instant noodles for the past 2 weeks and barely remember what anything else tastes like. I haven't showered either, but my nose has become so numb to my stench. I watched all of One Piece in 3 days, and I rewatched SAO's Fairy Dance arc 12 times, suffering permanent brain damage in the process. I am in dire need of aid.

But other than that, quarantine life is boring, and I honestly just want this all to end as soon as possible. COVID-19 sucks. This new thread is pog tho
Apr 9, 2020 1:31 PM

Mar 2020
i honestly haven't done much of anything besides school work, but i must say my mood has been pretty iffy as of late, so because of that i haven't really been in the mood to sit down and watch anime :p but regardless i wouldn't say being stuck at home all day is a horrible thing for me. i somewhat enjoy it actually.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 9, 2020 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
My university is currently closed due to the whole coronavirus pandemic. I've been attending online classes. I've also been watching YouTube videos, watching some anime, reading a couple manga, etc. I just hope that things can go back to normal eventually. It's kind of hard to stay in the house some of the time.
Apr 9, 2020 1:39 PM
Aug 2019
maxchooo said:
TheSkiesAwake said:

Like everyone else, I've been holed up in my room for the past 3 weeks binging anything I can find, sleeping only when necessary. Please help. My vision has dramatically deteriorated and I am nearly blind, my body is literally dying and my addiction to anime won't waver. I've been eating instant noodles for the past 2 weeks and barely remember what anything else tastes like. I haven't showered either, but my nose has become so numb to my stench. I watched all of One Piece in 3 days, and I rewatched SAO's Fairy Dance arc 12 times, suffering permanent brain damage in the process. I am in dire need of aid.

But other than that, quarantine life is boring, and I honestly just want this all to end as soon as possible. COVID-19 sucks. This new thread is pog tho

i can relate to staying home for few weeks . watching One piece in 3 days is quite some feats there .

Hope that you will get better . Try to sleep and you will feel better ^ ^. i am not the best person to say this , but remember that health is really important !!
Apr 9, 2020 1:40 PM
Dec 2018
olajuwon20 said:
My university is currently closed due to the whole coronavirus pandemic. I've been attending online classes. I've also been watching YouTube videos, watching some anime, reading a couple manga, etc. I just hope that things can go back to normal eventually. It's kind of hard to stay in the house some of the time.

It's hard but we can do it! This is where us weebs shine!
Apr 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2020
Fifth week at home, but have been overwhelmed with university assignments and online classes. But otherwise, everything is fine.
Apr 9, 2020 1:44 PM
Aug 2019
With this virus . i am also not going from my house. i am in house for quite a while already. With online lessons i am getting ready for University entrance exams . i feel quite sad that my last grade has to go this way , with barely seeing my classmates and teachers. at this point we might not even have graduation ceremony.

On the bright side i have lot of anime to watch and the binge process is faster than usual .
Apr 9, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2019
I like this idea, so I want to support it.
About my situation: well, at the moment I'm alright.. some people near me had been infected by the covid-19 but, luckily, they are cured now.. and so I'm back to my routine: following online lessons, watching anime and playing video-games with my friends. Oh, I've started to read manga, so I accept every reccomendation UwU
Apr 9, 2020 1:48 PM

Mar 2019
Heartxdonuts said:

i can relate to staying home for few weeks . watching One piece in 3 days is quite some feats there .

Hope that you will get better . Try to sleep and you will feel better ^ ^. i am not the best person to say this , but remember that health is really important !!

This is really wholesome, thank you
Apr 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Mar 2018
boop
Apr 9, 2020 1:52 PM

Jan 2020
ANIM3zKawaii said:
I like this idea, so I want to support it.
About my situation: well, at the moment I'm alright.. some people near me had been infected by the covid-19 but, luckily, they are cured now.. and so I'm back to my routine: following online lessons, watching anime and playing video-games with my friends. Oh, I've started to read manga, so I accept every reccomendation UwU

Glad everyone's okay! Have you read devilman by go nagai? Havent read it myself but my friends say it's amazing. I think it also got a netflix adaptation if your interested in watching that.
Apr 9, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2019
Wolf_Is_Confused said:
Glad everyone's okay! Have you read devilman by go nagai? Havent read it myself but my friends say it's amazing. I think it also got a netflix adaptation if your interested in watching that.

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't read it yet, I'll do it.
Apr 9, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
well, i'm back to watching anime after like 3 years, stopped during the 10th grade.
i literally have nothing to do since my university isnt holding any online classes(thank god)

currently im watching haikyuu s2 and san gatsu no lion. i dont know what to watch next, does anyone have any recommendations? i'm open to all genres.
Apr 9, 2020 2:17 PM

Jun 2017
Ooh, hopefully this thread will help me get more involved with the community!

Currently watching Evangelion. Ten episodes in. The series hasn’t exactly “clicked” with me yet, but I’m enjoying it.

How is everyone? :)
Apr 9, 2020 2:24 PM

Jul 2019
Freyja-Lilith said:
Ooh, hopefully this thread will help me get more involved with the community!

Currently watching Evangelion. Ten episodes in. The series hasn’t exactly “clicked” with me yet, but I’m enjoying it.

How is everyone? :)

Ooh, Evangelion. I thought it was a decent show, but a bit overrated, however I'm not the biggest fan of the mecha genre. It did get better for me in the second half. Hope you enjoy it though ^^
Apr 9, 2020 2:27 PM

Jul 2019
rohanbaz said:
well, i'm back to watching anime after like 3 years, stopped during the 10th grade.
i literally have nothing to do since my university isnt holding any online classes(thank god)

currently im watching haikyuu s2 and san gatsu no lion. i dont know what to watch next, does anyone have any recommendations? i'm open to all genres.

Ah, maybe you can try Steins;Gate if you haven't watched that, otherwise I can also recommend K-On! or Code Geass for shorter series.

If you're interested in a longer series I would definitely recommend Gintama. It is a masterpiece imo
Apr 9, 2020 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Exelero64 said:
rohanbaz said:

Ah, maybe you can try Steins;Gate if you haven't watched that, otherwise I can also recommend K-On! or Code Geass for shorter series.

If you're interested in a longer series I would definitely recommend Gintama. It is a masterpiece imo

yup i have seen all the shorter ones you recommended, and i was also thinking about gintama i'll check it out for sure!
thanks!
Apr 9, 2020 2:32 PM

Jul 2019
rohanbaz said:
Exelero64 said:

yup i have seen all the shorter ones you recommended, and i was also thinking about gintama i'll check it out for sure!
thanks!

Nice, I only checked your list just now so I didn't see that you already watched some of what I recommended.

I hope you enjoy Gintama if you start watching it! It is my favourite anime
Apr 9, 2020 2:34 PM

Jan 2020
rohanbaz said:

If your open to any genre then I really suggest watching Mahoutsukai no Yome if you havent already. The dub is amazing and the characters develop so smoothly!! I might be a bit biased but its just straight up amazing!
Apr 9, 2020 2:41 PM

Aug 2019
Not the best, but it could be worse,

My country is in lockdown, so I have nothing to do. One thing really annoys me is, due to current situation the government have introduced such regulations, that I can't even leave my house for a walk, because I'm not 18. :((

When it comes to anime rn i'm watching Barakamon, and I'm planning to finish Mushishi (Zoku Shou 2nd season and Suzu no Shizuku).

How are you doing ?

Apr 9, 2020 3:21 PM
Mar 2018
TheSkiesAwake said:

Actually I'm stuck at home cause of lock down, I have been working from home these days...Pretty much miss the outside and the friends..

Been watching slice of anime and romance lately,

Today I watched How'ls Moving Castle, It's actually a good anime, ghibli does it again <3 Hope everyone is safe and doing good.
Apr 9, 2020 3:21 PM

May 2016
marekthegardener said:
Not the best, but it could be worse,

My country is in lockdown, so I have nothing to do. One thing really annoys me is, due to current situation the government have introduced such regulations, that I can't even leave my house for a walk, because I'm not 18. :((

When it comes to anime rn i'm watching Barakamon, and I'm planning to finish Mushishi (Zoku Shou 2nd season and Suzu no Shizuku).

How are you doing ?

Thats tough hope it gets better soon, Barakamon is a really great show watched it last
month gave me back motivation to draw again, and msuhishi works better than doing yoga xD.
Apr 9, 2020 4:35 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
maxchooo said:
TheSkiesAwake said:

If you are going blind, I would get that checked out ;-; I do relate to wanting this to be over. I've been holed up in my house for the past few weeks as well!
Apr 9, 2020 4:48 PM

Jan 2016
junepole said:
Well my Wedding got cancelled and my moving out of my mum's place has been delayed.. BUT! At least TNC has a MAL general chat thread!

That sucks. A very good friend of mine is getting married in June and I'm supposed to go. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Glad you all are doing well, all things considered. I'm working from home since I work for an online school. So that's nice at least. Had to spend my birthday in the house, but oh well.
Apr 9, 2020 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
TheSkiesAwake said:

i have regularly scheduled school and lots of missing work, pretty stressful. but ive been reading quite a bit of manga and i've watched 40 episodes of one piece in the past couple of days. trying to catch up as soon as i can ^^
Apr 9, 2020 4:59 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
rometrache said:
TheSkiesAwake said:

i have regularly scheduled school and lots of missing work, pretty stressful. but ive been reading quite a bit of manga and i've watched 40 episodes of one piece in the past couple of days. trying to catch up as soon as i can ^^

Oooh. Whatcha reading atm?
Apr 9, 2020 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
TheSkiesAwake said:
rometrache said:

off and on reading bungou stray dogs, weekly mangas like bnha, dr stone and the promised neverland as well as ijiranaide nagatoro-san. quite a bit lol, how about you recently?
Apr 9, 2020 8:22 PM

Oct 2019
For the most part its been pretty chill, besides that fact that toilet paper doesn't not exists anymore. My sanity is questionable, but i make up for the losing of brain cells with video games and anime. I have finish the first 2 seasons and movie of seven deadly sins in a week and i should probably see a therapist.
Apr 9, 2020 9:18 PM
Nov 2019
TheSkiesAwake said:

I've been pretty busy, since I recently got a new job at my local hospital.
Apr 9, 2020 9:28 PM
Oct 2019
Well, it has been weird. I don't usually go out without a reason, but it has been noticeable and a nuisance to a certain point. Until recently UNI was overcharging me with work but now I finally am able to watch some series and movies. Anime... I have not watched in a while, the last one was 3-gatsu no lion, but I watched some Netflix series like the third season of Castlevania and Money Heist. Next I'm planning on watching Beastars.

The quarantine has not given me a lot of real problems, but even then I really want this to be over. Sadly, I don't see it ending soon so I'm just waiting to see how things develop to know what to expect. I hate virtual classes and seemingly the next semester will be given entirely that way so I hate that. Zoom is not the best academic tool to ensure learning.
Apr 9, 2020 9:39 PM
Oct 2019
rohanbaz said:

Well, Sangatsu has two seasons, so I recommend the second one. If you are already finishing that one, I would not be able to precise one because based on your list there isn't a pattern.

If you want a comedy, I would recommend Konosuba or Little Witch Academia.

If you want a serious one, I recommend Kaiji or Vinland Saga.

But as a general and really popular one, I recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the only thing about that one is that you must be ready for a little fanservice, but is a good one.

I hope that helps.
Apr 9, 2020 10:02 PM

Mar 2020
Hi everyone, just finished watching SAO, I thought it had the potential to be a 10/10 anime but it fell short. How about you guys?
Apr 9, 2020 10:23 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
rometrache said:
TheSkiesAwake said:

off and on reading bungou stray dogs, weekly mangas like bnha, dr stone and the promised neverland as well as ijiranaide nagatoro-san. quite a bit lol, how about you recently?

Hmmm... I have yet to pick up anything new, but I'll tell ya when I do ^^
Apr 9, 2020 10:58 PM
Feb 2020
My parents took away my phone and laptop so I can't watch much. But I'm a kinda sneaky person (especially when it comes to anime), so I try to watch as much as possible.
^-^
Hope y'all having a "great" time. (For what great can be nowdays)
Apr 10, 2020 12:19 AM
Mar 2020
Im watching anime almost all the time new ones have been released and am enjoying them as well as gaming ofcourse also listening to nightcore songs am having fun

Hope ur all right guys and please stay safe till schools re-open online lessons jjust are not that well with me sooo love ya all^-*

and my gaming partner has passed on her greetings lol
Apr 10, 2020 12:23 AM
Mar 2020
Great awesome thread skies gotta hand it to u ur the best at least the club will be more enjoyable and lots of fun cant wait to meet more new members and making friends looking forward to it also if there are more gamers looking forward to meeting with u all ^^
Apr 10, 2020 1:34 AM
Feb 2020
My life has changed very little since the lockdown I live in a little regional town with my family and we usually keep to ourselves so I've just been doing my usual thing watching anime and playing games. The only thing I really miss is catching up with my friends on the weekend the way I look at it we can make up for it by having a great time when all this over all we have to do is smart and get through this.
Apr 10, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2019
Welp as for me, I started binge-reading Haikyuu in the quarantine; took 3 days, but I'm finally up to around chapter 243 (basically the end of season 4)

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 10, 2020 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
hey guys,
i'm not a manga reader(not that i dont like manga), i've just read a little mainstreams like one piece(till water 7), shingeki no kyojin, tokyo ghoul.

i want to start reading now but dont know what to start with, any recommendations?
Apr 10, 2020 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
BasicallyAnybody said:
rohanbaz said:

Well, Sangatsu has two seasons, so I recommend the second one. If you are already finishing that one, I would not be able to precise one because based on your list there isn't a pattern.

If you want a comedy, I would recommend Konosuba or Little Witch Academia.

If you want a serious one, I recommend Kaiji or Vinland Saga.

But as a general and really popular one, I recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the only thing about that one is that you must be ready for a little fanservice, but is a good one.

I hope that helps.

yeahh i've heard a lot about gurren lagann. i'll check all of these out for sure!
thanks!!
Apr 10, 2020 8:02 AM

Jan 2016
Well, I finally caught up with Violet Evergarden. Definitely late to that party, but glad I finally got there.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Apr 10, 2020 2:51 PM
Mar 2020
ANIM3zKawaii said:
Wolf_Is_Confused said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't read it yet, I'll do it.

Do you mean Devilman Crybaby which is on Netflix? I LOVED it. I consider it a real masterpiece.
Apr 10, 2020 6:09 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
rometrache said:
TheSkiesAwake said:

I've started a manga called Order (I believe)! I haven't read much of it yet, but it seems to be a fairly standard shounen so far :)
Apr 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Oct 2013
People in quarantine been binging ;o
Meanwhile I am working like there is nothing, hope more people decide to start watching airing shows ;o
Apr 11, 2020 2:05 AM

Jan 2020
NemoTheLost said:
People in quarantine been binging ;o
Meanwhile I am working like there is nothing, hope more people decide to start watching airing shows ;o

There's nothing really airing at the moment that I like.
Most of the animes are sequels and the things I wanted to watch mostly got delayed.

Apr 11, 2020 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
TheSkiesAwake said:
rometrache said:

I've started a manga called Order (I believe)! I haven't read much of it yet, but it seems to be a fairly standard shounen so far :)

oooh, ill look into that!! trying to binge read some mangas lol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8331 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6857 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Anime A-Z Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 8, 2017

4737 by Serafos »»
Apr 15, 11:21 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 8, 8:20 AM

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.