Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
It might've taken a while to get there, but Kotoko's plan has succeeded pretty well. Her first three solutions was enough to lay the groundwork needed for her fourth solution to really take effect.

Thanks to that, the forum now believes in her lie and Rikka doesn't have any way of fighting back. Now we need to know why Rikka went this far in the first place. Once Kuro is done taking out the Steel Lady Nanase spirit, he needs to confront Rikka about this.

Even though this episode was serious, it was able to throw in a nice little humorous moment about breast sizes, which did make me chuckle. =)

The last episode should wrap this long battle up nicely.
Mar 23, 2020 11:56 AM

Nov 2017
I'm thinking they were shorted on budget so they put the good stuff in front and then dragged on about steel lady Nanase while cute main character sat in a car. Really unfortunate.

So much promise wasted. Should've handled SLN in as much as 2-3 eps. This shows a lack of planning and foresight in how to direct the series. No matter the budget you could've come up with something better than this.

Or perhaps these dialogue-heavy parts are unadaptable? I bet you could've edited things down to keep them entertaining for anime fans. Strode too close to the manga.
Mar 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Jul 2016
I feel kinda bad for A-chan, honestly. Kotoko's hatred towards big boobs can be seen from miles away xD

That aside... Sasuga Kotoko-san! You truly outdid yourself this time. Though I wonder if it's okay for you to mess with a dead person this much. I mean, just imagine meeting Nanase's spirit and trying to explain her why so many people think she was an awful human being.

Anyways, so once again, this has been another highly engaging episode. The last hypothesis was finally explained and with all the previous elements presented by her with the first three solutions, Kotoko finally managed to win the audience in a way or another and defeat Steal Lady in the process.

Honestly, this truly has been a very entertaining arc and with just one more episode to go, it's time to address Rikka's main intention for why she created an imaginary monster and... confront her, I guess.
SouthRzVaMar 24, 2020 12:55 AM
Mar 26, 2020 6:07 PM

Sep 2018
A-san theory is not believable! Not convincing for me.. even if the face is heavily damage, the DNA/fingerprint can be a proof if that someone is Karin or not.
Mar 27, 2020 11:24 PM

Aug 2017
The A-san theory with Nanase faking her death and killing the girl could make sense if there were not enough serious errors that make me doubt its veracity. For me, the DNA part iis the biggest problem I find and....

@pollonlornero I have to agree with u, everything showing Nanase killing the girl in an excessively convenient way or policeman being killed by her without defending himself despite that he's a well-known championship judoka is pretty dumb. The worst thing is that it was shown that there was a considerable time while Nanase grabbed his flashlight before hitting him making the scene less believable than it already was.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
Damn people are so stupid....they really are.

So this is checkmate?
Mar 30, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2012
Kind of really annoyed me on a personal level when she made out Nanase to be the culprit behind it all. I also don't get the point of Kurou dying over and over, doesn't look like his abilities even make any difference honestly, it's more of he theoretically has this power so let's just use it for random gore scenes.

This is basically forum arguments taken to the next level.
Apr 5, 2020 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
This was the worst explanation of them all. The entire concept of this show is just terrible...
Apr 9, 2020 3:53 PM

Apr 2016
Would a complete stranger really help someone take on such an elaborate task as "luring the mass media away"? Surely this A-san would've questioned it or expressed disapproval at the idea, at least under normal circumstances anyway. These solutions are flawed.

Not surprised that I'm more interested in the contents of this solution than I am in Kotoko's boring ass explanation.

Looks like things are coming to a close.
May 2, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
"I sound smart but i'm not" the anime.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 5, 2020 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
The end of the whole Nanase story. I feel like Rikka could have easily won by getting footage of Steel Lady Nanase ghost and uploading it on the internet or "muted" the forum user Kotoko used to voice her reasonings, would have been a lot easier than just choosing a possible future each time.

Kuro can finally get some rest after getting killed hundreds of times

May 11, 2020 1:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Once again, an amazing deduction skills by Kotoko resolve all of the problem in long fuckin half of the seasons. And the ultimate ending must be a satisfaction for me! Won't be an easy going for me, tho, walking through all of the argument between netizen in forum deciding Nanase ghost real or not. Atleast, the team has won. Well, nice bantering, and i can't find any bad comment on this episodes. Kotoko wisdom glad my joy to the very last of my nerves, and i can't stop smilling with the attempt. Still, the last episode now somehow can not put a nice ending. Rather i must say that a shit scenes in the next. Whatever what it is, i can accept it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2020 7:44 PM
Jun 2020
So this is basically Detective Conan but Conan makes stuff up for 10 episodes and doesn't actually solve the case? Nanase died for this lmao.
Aug 15, 2020 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
Those internet fellas always questioned Iwanaga when something doesn't make sense in her theory / method of killing.

But nobody questioned how Nanase Karin - one idol - without strong muscles I believe - can push down so many steel beams on top of the replacement body.
*one fly kick* is all she needs! ya, sure.. internet-minna tachi believe you lol
Nov 17, 2020 8:55 AM

Sep 2020
Ngl using the boobs in her bs theory was a big brain move.
Jun 3, 2021 6:28 PM
May 2020
a very good battle but was strained a lil too much. but loved it nonetheless
Aug 11, 2022 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Well, to teach people that speculating is fun.. Is understandable.. But weren't they like that before?.. Though, depends, really.. There are all kinds of places on the internet.. Both talking more and less..
Sep 8, 2022 1:21 AM
Jul 2020
likew itr//
Oct 27, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2019
I do kinda like all her solutions coming together but god damn was this arc dragged out so much that it basically lost all its momentum. Especially when the male lead is getting no dialogue and just fighting the same enemy for four episodes straight.

Jan 8, 2023 9:55 AM

May 2020
And that's how you fool people on internet. Kotoko should get a lifetime achievement award after this feat.

The reason she went with four solutions wasn't because they were the options but because they were the means to form the basis of the final solution. No wonder folks on the forum had their reasonings a complete one-eighty in the end.

End to an entertaining arc, and there's just one more episode. Though do we know why Rikka did all of this to even begin with? No, right? So that should be there.
Jan 30, 2023 2:16 AM

Dec 2018
the last couple episodes were interesting to watch but there are some ridiculous points to these hypotheses. also the arc was way too long, would have been nice to adapt more, perhaps tack on an episode or two and crunch this arc down a couple episodes to let it fit. 
Jul 25, 2023 2:11 AM
May 2023
SHE HAD IT PLANNED ALL ALONG, she really is amazing
Dec 4, 2023 9:13 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was one good episode this one was.
5 hours ago

Dec 2022
"A-San" really had no connections with anyone, at all? Seems all too convenient that someone who could impersonate Nanaho (and vice-versa) just happened to show up in front of her, and have no one who would question her sudden disappearance or jarring change in personal memories. Of course, it's just a fake story made to fool the wiki users, but it's getting more far-fetched with every new explanation. Even the police dude with apparent martial arts prowess was getting knocked out by someone he identified as Nanase with a flashlight in a visibly telegraphed attack, when Kotoko previously dismissed such a prospect.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

156 by Archean-Return »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

77 by Archean-Return »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

73 by Archean-Return »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

71 by Archean-Return »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

67 by Archean-Return »»
8 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.