Forum Settings
Forums
Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 1, 2022 11:07 AM

Feb 2021
Why do they have to have such a kawaii girl in such a shit movie
Jul 26, 2022 7:35 PM

Jan 2020
There are some serious Bakemonogatari angles in this.

I have no idea why sometimes the art in this is fantastic and full of depth, and other times it's wonky as hell. There were some especially lackluster animations that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie too: specifically, prior to the initial jump backwards, when Norimichi punched Yusuke -- Just about every scene in this felt hit or miss to me.

Nevertheless, I was actually pretty okay with this until we reached the horse and carriage scene. Then, things just got progressively more and more out of hand.

I found Nazuna to be mostly annoying, between her ridiculous tantrums and her forced attempts at trying to be a "bad girl." She was a brat at best. I have no idea why half of the main cast was in love with her. With that being said, none of the other characters particularly stood out.

Just about the only parts I really liked were when Norimichi and Yusuke were getting along in the beginning. Their couple of back and forth moments were legitimately funny. It's a shame they were driven apart by Nazuna.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 3, 2022 2:44 AM

Feb 2021
Bruh how are the guys talking like that with the teacher? πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€. Not to mention, they are chatting about panty shots and boobs in front of girls like it's no big deal lol

Yuusuke had good intentions as a bro but he messed up. Flaking on her was a bit sad. I would be pretty darn sad if I were in such a situation.

I guess, the marble had time-reversing powers but the person doesn't remember being transported back to the past. It's like a normal day for them. But the memories come back to them after a while I guess? Who was the dead guy holding the glass ball? Was that Nazuna's father?

Nazuna had a rough childhood fr.

This movie had a somewhat generic but interesting plot and still failed to properly execute it. I mean what was the main theme? To redo your actions again and again until you finally run away from home/parents? It wasn't even like her parents were abusive or smth. I agree the remarriage thing might have been hard on her, but unless it does some actual harm to her, I think it was illogical for her to run away. I mean spending the last day having fun/being with someone, in particular, could have been done in a different way.

Tbh, there are too many plot holes and inconsistent things throughout the movie. It has a lot of confusing moments which really doesn't make the movie enjoyable. The ending was pretty ambiguous and weird. They were out of the dream world, whilst experiencing the memories of having spent time in Tokyo but what happened after that? It wasn't concluded properly. I get it that it has been implied that he ran away with her but still it could have been wrapped up in a better way.

The animation was alright according to movie standards. At times had some really crisp scenes but overall, it was decent.

The music was the best part of this movie, especially the final theme song/ED. I honestly, only watched this movie after listening to it on YT lol. Definitely a banger and easily the best thing about this movie lol.

In conclusion, I'm very disappointed. I'm willing to give this a 4/10 just because of the fucking amazing ost, songs/themes played throughout the movie and some pretty good animation scenes.
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
Dec 8, 2023 10:37 AM
Apr 2023
the unique ok part is daoko
May 22, 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
Garbage shit Garbage shit Garbage shit
Jul 31, 9:05 PM

Dec 2022
This was a pretty okay movie. I think the main problem with it is just the story itself which was dull but the best part abt the movie is literally the music literally lol and yes, the ed song which was very awesome to listen in my ears and I definitely would listen to it again because how good the middle part is.

All in all, I was a bit disappointed not by much cause I've alr seen the ratings of this movie therefore I reduced my expectations by a lot.

6/10

Oct 11, 1:59 PM

Jun 2017
vague abstract pointless movie .The saving grace is its stellar animation which i thoroughly enjoyed and so i give it a 5
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To anyone who rated this above a 6: Are you okay?

Alyssaromantic - Jun 29, 2022

48 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 28, 7:36 AM

Poll: » How would you feel about a remake?

SSSTenshi - Nov 7, 2022

10 by EGOIST »»
May 14, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Why rated below than 7..?

Abdul_Manan - Nov 25, 2018

37 by STSayeb »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:50 PM

» How is the OST so popular

AnimeGuy28 - Sep 2, 2021

15 by Shasa69 »»
Nov 25, 2022 8:54 AM

» So what happened here?

DonTrumpolino - Aug 26, 2018

14 by Alyssaromantic »»
Jun 29, 2022 12:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.