Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2020
SciADV_Maniac said:
Solidgearmara said:

Because of the strange ending?

No. The whole conception. The movie features parallel worldlines (R and Steins Gate worldlines are active simultaneously), while it is established in the source materials and in the anime adaptation, that only one worldline can be active at a given time.

Even if we try to explain the movie that there are no parallel worldlines in it, only the Steins Gate wordline changed to a worldline where Okabe doesn't exist, that also caused contradictions. Because if we are on a worldline, where Okabe doesn't exist, then Kurisu can't meet with him in 2005... since Okabe is not exist in this worldline. And a time traveler (in this case Kurisu) always goes back to the CURRENT worldline's past, and her arrival create a new worldline from the point she arrived.

Soo, the movie sucks, because it makes no sense... It is emotional, but makes no sense... Unfortunate...

Anyway, the official afterstory is the Holy Day of Scourge light novel. Not the movie and not the OVA.

hey wait i remember anime explaining different worldlines
but i guess they didnt talked at all on parallel worldlines
but when they denied the existence of parallel worldlines? and said only single worldline can be active at a time?
i think saying different world lines is enough to say that different worldlines are active in parallel if u remember when okabe shifted from beta to alpha and he found mayuri is dead and heard the story what happened during whole time(few months) this alone proves that even if original okabe is in beta worldline with divergence of 1.09 (remember complete original worldline has divergence no of 1.13) the alpha worldline is also active in parallel with okabe of that worldline
May 17, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2016
NaughtySempai said:

i think saying different world lines is enough to say that different worldlines are active in parallel if u remember when okabe shifted from beta to alpha and he found mayuri is dead and heard the story what happened during whole time(few months) this alone proves that even if original okabe is in beta worldline with divergence of 1.09 (remember complete original worldline has divergence no of 1.13) the alpha worldline is also active in parallel with okabe of that worldline

If the worldline changes, everything is reconstructed (memories included). This was the brief explanation by Suzuha in the anime. It has nothing to do with parallel worldlines.

In the VN, the explanation is much longer.

And also from the VN's tips:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/304184264310652928/441002968431591426/unknown.png
-
Jan 27, 2023 7:12 PM
Feb 2021
what a lovely song
Feb 10, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2021
Wow. I've been obsessed with "Hoshi no Kanaderu Uta" ever since I haven't seen Steins;Gate, rewatched again and felt deficient as I can't remember where was the song inserted and thought it was a VN-only soundtrack, was so glad and rather surprised to encounter it here. The melody is angelic and nostalgic but doesn't evoke a feeling of melancholy or despair but comforting and heartwarming, I can't express the amounts of dopamine flowing through my body listening to this beautiful piece of art.

I adore the mother-daughter dynamic between Mayuri and Kagari, so sweet and touching, I like the idea of a song that got transmission to many people to create a paradox, and it's even more fascinating to see it's a song that got conveyed through mother to children, from Okabe's mother, Suzuha's mother to Kagari's mother. My favourite from the season, and since Kagari is finally getting her memories back, I expected to see more twists and sharp plot segments in the future events as a redemption for the missing from the first half.
Feb 23, 2023 9:13 AM
Jan 2023
a bit much bloat, but otherwise very cool
Feb 24, 2023 8:33 AM

May 2016
Shioneri said:
Wow. I've been obsessed with "Hoshi no Kanaderu Uta" ever since I haven't seen Steins;Gate, rewatched again and felt deficient as I can't remember where was the song inserted and thought it was a VN-only soundtrack, was so glad and rather surprised to encounter it here. The melody is angelic and nostalgic but doesn't evoke a feeling of melancholy or despair but comforting and heartwarming, I can't express the amounts of dopamine flowing through my body listening to this beautiful piece of art.

I adore the mother-daughter dynamic between Mayuri and Kagari, so sweet and touching, I like the idea of a song that got transmission to many people to create a paradox, and it's even more fascinating to see it's a song that got conveyed through mother to children, from Okabe's mother, Suzuha's mother to Kagari's mother. My favourite from the season, and since Kagari is finally getting her memories back, I expected to see more twists and sharp plot segments in the future events as a redemption for the missing from the first half.

The song is not a paradox actually, it's origin is the music box from the christmas party. I discussed it above in this topic how it works
-
Dec 14, 2023 7:33 AM
Oct 2021
What?? Okabe met kagari in his teen age?
Feb 16, 5:51 PM
Oct 2023
So Kagari remembered who is her mom. It was pretty funny to see Okabe talking to his mom lol. And looks like the person Okabe learned the song from is Kagari herself
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2018

76 by NheCk »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

108 by Agathusian »»
Jun 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2018

188 by Agathusian »»
Jun 19, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

466 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 16, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2018

213 by TheMangaManiac »»
Jun 13, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.