Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 3, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 2021
I do actually like my real name, but not the short version of it.

I have the name of my paternal grandfather and it is a pretty common male name in my father side of the family, going all the way to a certain 16 y/o boy that one day decided to leave his Royalist family and join a "certain rebel army commanded by a certain Washington guy"

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Mar 3, 2023 9:19 PM

Jan 2020
yes, it isn't strange and barely anyone has it, let alone the same spelling if they do
Mar 3, 2023 9:27 PM

Aug 2019
I do like my name, but I have to deal with nobody ever knowing how to pronounce it.
Mar 4, 2023 6:27 AM

Sep 2009
My name is very common among in late Millennial to early GenZ females but I don't mind and cherish it since I was named by late father.

Mar 4, 2023 6:43 AM

Aug 2020
I like mine enough. Though I do sometimes think that my full name sounds too comical because my first and last names both end in an 'ee' sound.

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Mar 5, 2023 12:04 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah my name is good

No my parents like me

Mar 5, 2023 12:36 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah I'm mostly fine with it. Doesn't really matter since most call me by my last name
ุฎ
Mar 5, 2023 12:45 PM

Nov 2022
I didn't like my name much during my teen years. Not that I hated it but I preferred my nickname.

I grew to like my name though and when I got married I liked my name even more.

Recently I had an experience which caused me to love my name.
โ™กโ˜†โ™กโ˜†โ™ก

Mar 5, 2023 12:46 PM

Dec 2016
You mean reaper or Nazara?

'Reaper,' a title given to Us by the Protheans to give voice to their destruction. In the end what you call Us is irrelevant. We simply are.
Mar 5, 2023 3:41 PM

Oct 2016
I like Elizabeth but a lot of people have the same name when I was in school/worked. I never got the nickname either so I'm always Elizabeth. I like Liz or Lizard though. Maybe Zabeth but no one will call me that. :( 
Mar 5, 2023 5:35 PM

Nov 2022
spaceslut said:
I like Elizabeth but a lot of people have the same name when I was in school/worked. I never got the nickname either so I'm always Elizabeth. I like Liz or Lizard though. Maybe Zabeth but no one will call me that. :(

I'll start calling you Zabeth! If I remember lol. I probably will if I keep reminding myself whenever we talk so excuse me if I put that in comments for some time until it sticks.
โ™กโ˜†โ™กโ˜†โ™ก

Mar 5, 2023 7:33 PM

Jul 2022
spaceslut said:
Isn't Ellie a common nickname for Elizabeth?           
Mar 5, 2023 7:35 PM

Oct 2016
Say-My-Name said:
spaceslut said:
Isn't Ellie a common nickname for Elizabeth?           
Yeah, it is. There are a lot of nicknames. I was called Betsy once. I hated it.
Mar 5, 2023 7:52 PM

Jan 2016
I don’t care for my name. It used to drive me crazy when people would start singing the song Mandy by Barry Manilow around me. Mandy is technically my nickname, but I have been called that since the day I was born.
Mar 6, 2023 11:40 AM

May 2017
My first name is super basic and common, but I like it fine enough. It doesn’t sound bad to say.

I love my last name. It’s just a German noun that’s also an uncommon surname.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why are some users Racist here?

puneetsingh - 5 hours ago

17 by SimplyBrazen »»
1 hour ago

» What are your plans for Halloween 2024?

Yuno - Sep 24

28 by Sadahon »»
2 hours ago

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - Yesterday

13 by Meusnier »»
2 hours ago

» Is there any meat you refuse to eat? ( 1 2 )

Commit_Crime - Aug 31

68 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 hours ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - Yesterday

10 by Meusnier »»
3 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.