Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 30, 2018 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
ezlord said:
Well I suppose it's subjective, why do u think it's not even as good as the "best manga" what is the "best manga of all time" in ur opinion, I really don't think there can truly be a best because it all is based into the subcategories . You can have a best manga I suppose in each category but you can't generalize for overall manga. And if u did, that would mean ud have to read all of them there is in order to come up with a solid conclusion.

Tbf I think TOG, HIVE and even up and coming Lookism can compete with the "best manga". They are well developed, have gripping stories and even morals. The art is fantastic as well.
SAME MAN SAME noblesse really shot down in ranks for me, at this point I dropped it, it's just the same recycled plot line, when is there ever going to be a conclusion, why is Rai even alive tbh.
Eh, why do u say tog is worse now? I feel like it stayed consistent in its entertainment value, tho I don't rank it as high as maybe lookism. But hear me out, for what it's worth, tog does a good job at telling it's story and being consistent with the plot without too many holes.

Why does everyone say annasamarara is good?

Ya I guess I could be less condescending my b, but I really like dumb piece aka the parody version

Hey so do u reccomend dr.frost or the sorcerer, didn't they complete? Are they worth the read
First thing first, as you can tell from my username I am a huge Tower of God fan, but in recent arcs I really, really hate Rachel's involvement in the story, and just to clarify, I don't hate her bitch side or her evil persona, but there hasn't been any meaningful development between her and Baam and it's written in a way that it feels like SIU is dragging it out simply because the series isn't even close to ending yet. The story is decent, the world building is great as usual, but the characters really pulled the series down a lot, especially most of the season 2 cast. Arcs were dedicated to developing these characters but they're just boring compared to season 1 cast. I didn't like the big winged ignition guy's arc, didn't like the Hell train saga, and the workshop battle is decent because season 1 cast makes a return. I have a lot more issues with the characters but yeah.

As for the best of manga vs the best of webtoon, webtoon is still new and developing, when you read their story you can tell it's not refined as some of the best manga. For me, One Piece is the best manga by far, but if you look at manga as a whole, it's got far better written mystery manga, far better written psychological manga, far better action manga, far better.. you get my point. There's way bigger library of great manga compared to webtoon. Manga's been around for a long time, and webtoon is still something rather new. Not to mention manga's art is far better and detailed compared to webtoon's art which tend to stay rather simplistic.

Annarasumanara's vibe is a little boring to me, but the mystery is rather interesting, and it told a story of something that's rather fresh, something that I haven't really seen before. Usually when you have a character like the Magician in a story, it's either a deranged serial killer or an absolute loud mouth. He's rather fresh with how chill he acts throughout the story. Of course, the reveal about his true identity is also quite shocking.

Dr. Frost is a story that features a psychologist treating his patients, each case last about a few chapters. It's kind of like Detective Conan where there's an overarching plot but it's mostly episodic in nature that have nothing to do with the overarching plot.

I forgot what City of Dead Sorcerer was about, all I remember is that the protagonist was going around in disguise, killing the bad guys in the city using magic.. and then later on the plot thickens.

I don't think both are finished yet. I would definitely recommend reading it if you're into that sort of story. Kubera is really good too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2018 2:56 PM

Sep 2016
These three are good reads:

- Crepuscule
- Red Storm
- The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (Currently on hiatus)

You won't be disappointed.
Sep 30, 2018 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
ezlord said:
Hatred said:
...what are webtoons
should i feel ashamed for not knowing

You should sacrifice ur first born to me for not knowing
Go to www.webtoons.com
It's colored manga essentially
And start with my list, u won't regret any of the one u read trust me

Why is everything I see on the frontpage of that website yuri or yaoi stuff?
Sep 30, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
ezlord said:
Well I suppose it's subjective, why do u think it's not even as good as the "best manga" what is the "best manga of all time" in ur opinion, I really don't think there can truly be a best because it all is based into the subcategories . You can have a best manga I suppose in each category but you can't generalize for overall manga. And if u did, that would mean ud have to read all of them there is in order to come up with a solid conclusion.

Tbf I think TOG, HIVE and even up and coming Lookism can compete with the "best manga". They are well developed, have gripping stories and even morals. The art is fantastic as well.
SAME MAN SAME noblesse really shot down in ranks for me, at this point I dropped it, it's just the same recycled plot line, when is there ever going to be a conclusion, why is Rai even alive tbh.
Eh, why do u say tog is worse now? I feel like it stayed consistent in its entertainment value, tho I don't rank it as high as maybe lookism. But hear me out, for what it's worth, tog does a good job at telling it's story and being consistent with the plot without too many holes.

Why does everyone say annasamarara is good?

Ya I guess I could be less condescending my b, but I really like dumb piece aka the parody version

Hey so do u reccomend dr.frost or the sorcerer, didn't they complete? Are they worth the read
First thing first, as you can tell from my username I am a huge Tower of God fan, but in recent arcs I really, really hate Rachel's involvement in the story, and just to clarify, I don't hate her bitch side or her evil persona, but there hasn't been any meaningful development between her and Baam and it's written in a way that it feels like SIU is dragging it out simply because the series isn't even close to ending yet. The story is decent, the world building is great as usual, but the characters really pulled the series down a lot, especially most of the season 2 cast. Arcs were dedicated to developing these characters but they're just boring compared to season 1 cast. I didn't like the big winged ignition guy's arc, didn't like the Hell train saga, and the workshop battle is decent because season 1 cast makes a return. I have a lot more issues with the characters but yeah.

As for the best of manga vs the best of webtoon, webtoon is still new and developing, when you read their story you can tell it's not refined as some of the best manga. For me, One Piece is the best manga by far, but if you look at manga as a whole, it's got far better written mystery manga, far better written psychological manga, far better action manga, far better.. you get my point. There's way bigger library of great manga compared to webtoon. Manga's been around for a long time, and webtoon is still something rather new. Not to mention manga's art is far better and detailed compared to webtoon's art which tend to stay rather simplistic.

Annarasumanara's vibe is a little boring to me, but the mystery is rather interesting, and it told a story of something that's rather fresh, something that I haven't really seen before. Usually when you have a character like the Magician in a story, it's either a deranged serial killer or an absolute loud mouth. He's rather fresh with how chill he acts throughout the story. Of course, the reveal about his true identity is also quite shocking.

Dr. Frost is a story that features a psychologist treating his patients, each case last about a few chapters. It's kind of like Detective Conan where there's an overarching plot but it's mostly episodic in nature that have nothing to do with the overarching plot.

I forgot what City of Dead Sorcerer was about, all I remember is that the protagonist was going around in disguise, killing the bad guys in the city using magic.. and then later on the plot thickens.

I don't think both are finished yet. I would definitely recommend reading it if you're into that sort of story. Kubera is really good too.

Oh thanks man
What about kubera you know? What's it about is it even worth doing
Ya I figured anasamaru isn't that great, it was really boring so I didn't understand the hype
Honestly couldn't get into dr.frost, not about that type of plot but I really tried dead sorcerer but if the plot gets better I guess I'll take a shot?
Have u tried lessa or hive

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Jan 2015
Reybun said:
ezlord said:

You should sacrifice ur first born to me for not knowing
Go to www.webtoons.com
It's colored manga essentially
And start with my list, u won't regret any of the one u read trust me

Why is everything I see on the frontpage of that website yuri or yaoi stuff?

Don't trust front page, pm me for really good ones to read. The problem with that front page is that literally every story featured in daily isn't worth past a rating of 9 yet it's given, I'm confident in my tastes feel free to hmu for starter webtoons

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 3:00 PM

Jan 2015
Pixxonyx said:

- Crepuscule
- Red Storm

They colored the manhuas? Or are they black and white

@Animepixelz
Hell ya
I'm not sure what you are into genre wise but trust me when I say Lookism should be your starter, esp if ur into the whole Koop aesthetics. Then after your done pm me for more
ezlordSep 30, 2018 3:05 PM

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 3:10 PM

Sep 2016
ezlord said:
Pixxonyx said:

- Crepuscule
- Red Storm

Red storm is colored for the first 20 chapters, the story is still good tho

The other two are completely colored.
Sep 30, 2018 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
Pixxonyx said:
ezlord said:

What is the story about
I remember making fun of the title with a friend good times

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2016
ezlord said:
Pixxonyx said:

What is the story about
I remember making fun of the title with a friend good times

Basically the mc group together the best warriors from his tribe to counter any problem in the region they're based, The battles are top notch and the characters are well balanced.
Sep 30, 2018 3:47 PM

May 2013
ezlord said:
Gan_water said:

I wasn't saying it to you lol... Just in general as comparison.

Since One Piece is the lord of the manga world at this point in human history, just thought I'd put things in perspective.

OHHHHHH ok ok sorry was being slow there

It's all good, might have been a slightly pointed observation haha.

In my opinion without real manga there won't be these webcomics so I think they are both good.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 30, 2018 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
ezlord said:
Oh thanks man
Ya I figured anasamaru isn't that great, it was really boring so I didn't understand the hype
Honestly couldn't get into dr.frost, not about that type of plot but I really tried dead sorcerer but if the plot gets better I guess I'll take a shot?
Read part of Lessa years ago, haven't completed it yet. Haven't read Hive yet. I am more into Chinese wuxia stories these days. I'll definitely give Hive a read though.
Sep 30, 2018 4:11 PM

Jan 2014
Super Secret. I like all of the characters. Has to do with magic, wolves, vampires, etc. Somewhat long read.
Cheese in the Trap. Kind of a mystery genre. Kind of a romance. Kind of a drama. Can't really tell lol. But it's good. It's pretty long.
A Good Day to be a Dog. Romance with a twist: main character turns into a dog every time she kisses someone. Kind of a short read, you'll catch up to it pretty fast.
Odd Girl Out. A drama with majority female cast. Pretty good. Modest length.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 30, 2018 4:14 PM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
ezlord said:
Oh thanks man
Read part of Lessa years ago, haven't completed it yet. Haven't read Hive yet. I am more into Chinese wuxia stories these days. I'll definitely give Hive a read though.

The hell is a Chinese sucks is that like a Chinese knock off of webtoons?

Thank you@zelev

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Jan 2018
Read from time to time but sadly most of them are not here on mal.
Oct 1, 2018 5:24 AM

Aug 2015
Ocasionally. The last one I read was FLOW and it was pretty good. I read up the the latest chapter in Tower of God like, 2 years ago. But otherwise I don't really keep up.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Oct 1, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
My recs:

1. Afterschool War Activities
2. Bastard
3. Melvina's Therapy
4. Winter Moon
5. Gourmet Hound
6. About Death
7. Doctor Frost
8. Elena

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oct 1, 2018 7:30 AM

Jan 2015
@lunafleurette
Which one is an action packed one
If there is a romance on ur list, which one is the best and most developed?
And which one has the best art and plot

ur opinion = shit
Oct 1, 2018 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
ezlord said:
Something like Douluo Dalu or Tales of Demons and Gods. It's stories of someone who go from zero to hero.
Oct 1, 2018 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
ezlord said:
Something like Douluo Dalu or Tales of Demons and Gods. It's stories of someone who go from zero to hero.

Can I Gwen a link on where to read thrm

ur opinion = shit
Oct 1, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
ezlord said:
@lunafleurette

Afterschool War Activities has action, technically it's similar in setting to Battle Royale where you get youngsters thrown into a situation that tests them (and their morality). Winter Moon is an isekai/fantasy/SoL that has fantasy MMORPG elements. You're already reading Lookism, so I can't suggest that anymore

Gourmet Hound is also a romance, but it's a slow burner and you can't really see the relationship in full bloom yet. If you read heartwarming stories, you'll like this one.

I don't really read a lot of romance webtoons that I've liked much, and you're already reading My Dear Cold Blooded King. xD This is outside my original recs, but try Outside the Box for an unusual female protag. Take note that she's not everyone's cup of tea and it looks like a slow-burner.

OH. I forgot to recommend Kubera - now that's a good fantasy and action webtoon. It has splendid worldbuilding and is based off of Indian mythology.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oct 1, 2018 7:49 AM

Jan 2015
Lunafleurette said:
ezlord said:
@lunafleurette

Afterschool War Activities has action, technically it's similar in setting to Battle Royale where you get youngsters thrown into a situation that tests them (and their morality). Winter Moon is an isekai/fantasy/SoL that has fantasy MMORPG elements. You're already reading Lookism, so I can't suggest that anymore

Gourmet Hound is also a romance, but it's a slow burner and you can't really see the relationship in full bloom yet. If you read heartwarming stories, you'll like this one.

I don't really read a lot of romance webtoons that I've liked much, and you're already reading My Dear Cold Blooded King. xD This is outside my original recs, but try Outside the Box for an unusual female protag. Take note that she's not everyone's cup of tea and it looks like a slow-burner.

OH. I forgot to recommend Kubera - now that's a good fantasy and action webtoon. It has splendid worldbuilding and is based off of Indian mythology.

Wow thanks a lot dude
Well I tried my era but it seems awfully slow, can u lemme know if the plot thickens on gets better
I'm not one for romance but recently I've been doing cold blooded King, I love yoo, days of Hana and good day to be a dog and all of them have nice developed romance except well idk why I'm even doing days of Hana the mc bitch annoys me

ur opinion = shit
Oct 1, 2018 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
Quite a few actually.

Magical 12th Graders
Scarce Clover
My Succubus Girlfriend
Melancholy
DICE
unOrdinary
Mage & Demon Queen
Nano List
April Flowers
I Love Yoo
Outside The Box
Winter Moon
Age Matters
Siren's Lament
Refund High School
Oh! Holy
Odd Girl Out
Aerial Magic
Oct 1, 2018 8:58 AM

Jun 2011
ezlord said:
Can I Gwen a link on where to read thrm
You can read it on just about any manga sites, that's what I do. But if you want to support the translators you can look up the group doing the translating via mangaupdates.
Oct 1, 2018 2:24 PM

Sep 2017
I'm currently reading a webtoon called Ghost Teller. As the title says it's about ghosts telling stories about humans and their nature, instead of themselves. I love the art style and the stories so far.
Oct 2, 2018 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
I started off by reading some fucked up ones (no, it's not weaksauce shit like Killing Stalking) just to see what trainwrecks would develop as the story plodded along. Of course, I eventually did lapse into reading more story rich manhwa content with little to almost no risqué thematic involved but I still enjoy a good vomit inducing interplay of drama and guts every once in awhile.
Oct 2, 2018 3:37 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah i'm reading bastard rn, pretty like so far!

Oct 2, 2018 4:20 AM

Jan 2015
nicethings said:
I started off by reading some fucked up ones (no, it's not weaksauce shit like Killing Stalking) just to see what trainwrecks would develop as the story plodded along. Of course, I eventually did lapse into reading more story rich manhwa content with little to almost no risqué thematic involved but I still enjoy a good vomit inducing interplay of drama and guts every once in awhile.

Hahahha weak sauce shit lmoa
Alright mr.hardass gimme some of your best hardcore stuff

ur opinion = shit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Poker? Gambling? Casino? ( 1 2 3 )

EmiliaHoarfrost - May 20, 2020

142 by LoveYourSmile »»
25 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

68 by PeripheralVision »»
54 minutes ago

» If you could time travel and teleport where and when would you go? ( 1 2 )

Paladin23 - Jan 25

67 by Daviljoe193 »»
59 minutes ago

» RIP GAINAX

AramHovhanued - 7 hours ago

21 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Going to an anime convention later this month

Rainissance - Jan 7, 2020

13 by Theo1899 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.