34.4%
It's amazing, but the fans overrate it
25.7%
I've never seen this show
2.0%
In between
5.4%
979 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 1, 2018 10:40 AM
Apr 2017
AOT score: 8.50
FMAB score: 9.25

yeah aot is more overrated cause it has high score of 8.50 which is WAYYYY high consider it should be 5 or 4. god why did people judge by its first season? i mean aot will have flaws and pacing problems but its just the first season. they should read the manga and the manga at this point is the best or maybe it will become masterpiece by the end
Apr 1, 2018 9:13 PM
Feb 2017
For someone who call it predictable, please give me your guess about what actually happen..i want to see your "predictable" is wrong or not
Apr 2, 2018 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
MiracleVOn said:
Actually If anyone one with brain had read the manga till this point he shall recognize the greatness of its story and the genius of its characters

Most of people are narrow minded and had no imagination , they will keep judge it from only the 1st season as it's the final season.
the funny thing that the 1st season covers only 34 chapters from 103 chapters even to the end of the 2nd season only 50 chapters were animated from 103 .. but even with that amount if they had a brain they should know that this is a show to expect great things from but they keep crying about it without considering that , I mean can we judge FMAB by only its 1st half or can I judge LOTGH by it's first 40 episodes ?! Just use your useless brains and think about it ..
However I don't expect much from people cause they are programmed now , They will keep saying "OH AOT.. it is overrated " even if they see the 3rd or 4th Season in the future they will keep saying that cause they are programmed now .. They have no brain to use,sadly

The fact the Manga is underrated at this point , It deserves to be at top 10 at least

Can i say i love you? I'm tired of people telling snk is overrated without even reading the damn manga. After
i see the 1st season with other eyes, it's so fucking amazing. Everything makes sense and i wanna thank Isayama for creating such a deep and unique story.
Apr 3, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2017
Watch anime like Hunter x Hunter,no game no life,code geass,erased then you will understand.
Apr 3, 2018 7:18 PM

Apr 2016
A good anime is subjective. While someone can be gawking at how amazing a show is, some might never get the charm as to why they should love it. Which ends up making them branding the show with that term.

One main reason for it is getting strangled in the hype. A new show comes out and you hear so much about it that your expectations get set sky high. So when you actually sit down to watch it, you keep comparing the show with the expectations you had for it.

But regardless of how awesome the show is, if your already high standards are not met, you'll
start telling yourself that hey it isn't as good as people make it out to be and start questioning the anime taste of this community. I can relate because something similar happened to me while watching opm the first time haha.

The bottom line is, people will find a show overrated when it fails to meet the standard the anime community has set for it or if they simplyvannot get the charm of it. And that is what I believe happened to attack on titans.
Apr 3, 2018 9:37 PM

Mar 2018
If AOT had never picked up the huge fanbase that it did, I don't think we'd be having this discussion. A lot of the younger, newer to anime fans will hail AOT as the "best anime ever" because it might be the best they've ever seen. And I think its worth mentioning that the fanbase for the franchise is batshit nuts lol.

Do the fans overhype the series? Yes. But does that make it a bad show? Of course not.

I think AOT is one of the better shounens to come out of the past few years. It has an interesting main cast, massive world building, plot twists and lore to keep the viewer intruiged, some great fights and beautiful production (animation, soundtrack, and those openings thoooo) to boot.

I think the worst part about the show (not the manga) is Eren. I'd say he's the worst written character in the show and unfortunately much of the story revolves around him. He has a very stereotypically shounen goal with a very stereotypically shounen supporting cast. As well as the fact that the plot twists and haphazard killing of characters becomes kindof tired in season 1 (they fix this in season 2, suspense comes elsewhere).

This is all very nitpicky though, and I think the show is entertaining and well written enough to deserve at least some of the praise it gets.
Apr 8, 2018 6:23 AM
Apr 2017
MiracleVOn said:
Actually If anyone one with brain had read the manga till this point he shall recognize the greatness of its story and the genius of its characters

Most of people are narrow minded and had no imagination , they will keep judge it from only the 1st season as it's the final season.
the funny thing that the 1st season covers only 34 chapters from 103 chapters even to the end of the 2nd season only 50 chapters were animated from 103 .. but even with that amount if they had a brain they should know that this is a show to expect great things from but they keep crying about it without considering that , I mean can we judge FMAB by only its 1st half or can I judge LOTGH by it's first 40 episodes ?! Just use your useless brains and think about it ..
However I don't expect much from people cause they are programmed now , They will keep saying "OH AOT.. it is overrated " even if they see the 3rd or 4th Season in the future they will keep saying that cause they are programmed now .. They have no brain to use,sadly

The fact the Manga is underrated at this point , It deserves to be at top 10 at least

omg we need more ppl like you! those who say aot is overrated needs to see your comment and give them a chance to read the manga. aot is the greatest manga of all time! if anyone has read the manga at this point. This is one of those few mangas that can take the story to a whole new level. it is second best selling manga in japan right now and it needs to be in top 10 best mangas of all time when the manga ends. Isayama is truly a genius person and we should thank him that he created this masterpiece series!!!!!.
Apr 8, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
MiracleVOn said:

Since the current arc is about to wrap up, it means another arc will soon begin which confirm the series will have six season at least, that is if they continue to make it one cour, and also if that is the final arc of the manga.

The funny thing is by time the series is completed you will still have folks saying the same old criticism that they had for the first season, which is outdated criticism at this point, the thing is, a lot of people have drop snk since the first season and only look at the surface of the series, thinking its only a man eating monster type series with gore and no substance, You have no idea how it boils my blood when I hear that.

some person opinion will change,

But I'm confident that the manga will probably be top 30 at the very least when the manga is finish as it was when I joined mal back in 2013, since a lot of people that have been following the manga have not rated it yet.

Back in 2013 when I joined the site, the manga was rated 8.74, but since its popularity, people start to down vote it and start to rate the series more harshly.
keragammingApr 8, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 8, 2018 7:54 PM

Oct 2013
MiracleVOn said:
keragamming said:

Since the current arc is about to wrap up, it means another arc will soon begin which confirm the series will have six season at least, that is if they continue to make it one cour, and also if that is the final arc of the manga.

The funny thing is by time the series is completed you will still have folks saying the same old criticism that they had for the first season, which is outdated criticism at this point, the thing is, a lot of people have drop snk since the first season and only look at the surface of the series, thinking its only a man eating monster type series with gore and no substance, You have no idea how it boils my blood when I hear that.

some person opinion will change,

But I'm confident that the manga will probably be top 30 at the very least when the manga is finish as it was when I joined mal back in 2013, since a lot of people that have been following the manga have not rated it yet.

Back in 2013 when I joined the site, the manga was rated 8.74, but since its popularity, people start to down vote it and start to rate the series more harshly.

Honestly my friend , I don't think SNK will have a high rate in the future , the hate for this anime is unbelievable , It's the most hated anime out there just look at the Score Stats for the 1st season , 2522 users giving it 1/10 , this is a joke for real
Look how many people rated it below 6/10 , I mean a show like this which was phenomenal and had a huge impact , Even people who don't watch anime , know SNK and now people rating it below 5/10 lol

So the hate for this anime is just not normal

Actually , It demands courage now to say that SNK is a great series
Now , everyone find it a way to show his superiority or what they call a good taste when he says that AOT is overrated , If you say AOT is a great show , then you don't know anything

So even when the 3rd season will begin to air they will hurry up to give it 1/10

Do you know what really boils my blood ?

I read all of Mal reviews about the anime , they all judging it as this is the final Season and they are all wrong , their reviews make me laugh on their narrow-minded to be honest
The funny thing that they all say that they enjoyed it too much and more than most of other anime then they give it 6/10
Here is one of them who gave it 6/10 while he is saying that about the anime " it is amazingly entertaining to watch "

another reviewer who gave it also 6/10 "I love every minute of it"

The most ridiculous thing is that when your read their reviews , you find that they Judge it as this is the final season , So you can defend all the points they mentioned if you had read the manga

Like that guy in the above who said "not to mention the story is a rip off of FM." LOL

Also most of them keeps crying there's no character development which is pretty funny cause this is +104 chapters story and you want a huge character Development in the 1st 34 chapters which show you how stupid those people

SNK depends on shock factors ,while in the anime they like they call shock factors "plot-twists" LOL

Also people who are saying that the uprising arc is bad just because no titan action , I think they should drop the manga cause SNK is a story not only about action

I think the manga won't finish before chapter 130

I really wish to see the manga in the top 30 as you said , and I want to see the 3rd or 4th or 5th Season in the top 10 but I don't see that coming cause there are a lot of haters and programmed people

The only thing that we can hope on, is that since the hype is not that big as before, we wont have as much dedicated haters as before. by 2021 season 6 will be out, maybe the haters wont be as plentiful as before.

I do agree, tho some people don't want to change their opinion on the series no matter how much it improve, because they have been hating it for so long now it will feel weird for them to like it now.

I agree about the reviews as how they make it seem like the series is completed, you really see a optimistic review where a person say I hope in future seasons more characters will get development, instead of they talking about the first season like it has been set in stone that none of these characters will never get development.

The Eren we know in the manga is completely different than the eren in the anime, I always find it ft kinda nostalgic when people say Eren is generic annoying character that only shouts about killing all titans, I'm like wow its weird hearing that when you as a manga reader know Eren has completely change from that.
Apr 8, 2018 10:14 PM

Oct 2013
MiracleVOn said:
keragamming said:

The only thing that we can hope on, is that since the hype is not that big as before, we wont have as much dedicated haters as before. by 2021 season 6 will be out, maybe the haters wont be as plentiful as before.

I do agree, tho some people don't want to change their opinion on the series no matter how much it improve, because they have been hating it for so long now it will feel weird for them to like it now.

I agree about the reviews as how they make it seem like the series is completed, you really see a optimistic review where a person say I hope in future seasons more characters will get development, instead of they talking about the first season like it has been set in stone that none of these characters will never get development.

The Eren we know in the manga is completely different than the eren in the anime, I always find it ft kinda nostalgic when people say Eren is generic annoying character that only shouts about killing all titans, I'm like wow its weird hearing that when you as a manga reader know Eren has completely change from that.

Soul Madness made video to explain : The Genius Of Eren Jaeger's Character which is great video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZ-eq9LlTc&feature=youtu.be

Not only Eren who developed also Armin , Erwin smith, Historia , Jean

and Reiner Braun which is really well written and got a huge character development he is one the best well written character I've ever seen , I think he needs a video also like Eren's one

I really love this series and I'm waiting for the day that people will recognize its greatness , I hope S3 will get high score

I guess we will leave it to time.
Apr 8, 2018 10:42 PM

Dec 2016
MiracleVOn said:

the hate for this anime is unbelievable , It's the most hated anime out there just look at the Score Stats for the 1st season , 2522 users giving it 1/10 , this is a joke for real
Look how many people rated it below 6/10 , I mean a show like this which was phenomenal and had a huge impact [..]

So the hate for this anime is just not normal

SAO has 11580 1s. More than 4 times the 1s of AoT. And both share here more less the same level of popularity (above 1m members). So I don't think AoT qualifies as "the most hated anime out there"....

And having a huge impact does not necessarily have to translate to great appreciation, the same SAO also had huge impact, does it deserve to be considered great only for that?
Jan 23, 2019 1:04 AM

Jan 2019
Guys chill! It's on 8.48 score! What is realy overrated is Kimi no Nawa and FMA. Why this is still a thing? AoT is not even in the top 100. XD Or you want to rate it down to 5-6 points overall score? :D
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Feb 10, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
People call anything popular and with millions of fans overrated, just let them go to hell and die
Mar 10, 2019 7:57 AM

Nov 2014
because it has an unique plot, great character development, a plot and setting that is completely innovative and is done well. just like many other "hyped" animes, Death Note, One Punch Man, Re: Zero, Sword Art Online... you name it. They're all the "first of their kind" and are done well.
Mar 15, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2015
It's underated actually. Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the most epic intense shows of all time, because it manages to create tension not only with amazing action sequences, but with story, characters and worldbuilding; something that Hollywood is trying to do for many years, but failing. It's one of the most popular shows because it manage to thrill people who don't even like anime by only using it's quality. It's really a shame this show being below the top 100, when it deserves the top 10
Mar 17, 2019 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
I do not think it's overrated. If anything, it should be appreciated more, the story and the characters. This is the very first show since ages that I really got into (my first anime ever was Naruto) and it's so intense and unpredictable and just awesome, I am looking forward to some new episodes. The story changes non stop, you can't even like a character and see how they develop, because the next thing you know they are getting killed, lol.
May 19, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2018
Abhishantz said:
it is not, they think it's overrated bcoz their fav anime got less score than AOT

Clannad: After Story and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann both are ranked higher than AOT😎😎😎😎
May 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
justasadguy said:
Abhishantz said:
it is not, they think it's overrated bcoz their fav anime got less score than AOT

Clannad: After Story and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann both are ranked higher than AOT😎😎😎😎

Not season 3 part 2 though. :P atleast not yet.
May 19, 2019 3:04 PM
Nov 2017
How are people still calling it overrated and over hyped? Since after season 1 AoT has dropped in popularity, I think at this point it is not in a position to be critiqued as overpopular, yet people still criticise it for what they saw from the 5 or so episodes they watched from season 1 which is utterly unfair. At this point its underrated, especially the manga. With all the amazing twists and developments it deserves at least a spot in the top ten, yet people down rate it because it's 'over hyped' or 'the art looks bad'.
Everyone has a right to opinion, but saying AoT is a "bad anime" which "bland characters" "stereotypical storyline" is just plain wrong.
May 31, 2019 8:59 AM
May 2019
justasadguy said:
Abhishantz said:

Personally, tengen toppa is no brain but full of positivity anime. Clannad is too slow cant finish after 3 episode. Both is the definition of overated.

Aot plot is amazing, epic, complex, mind blowing, blood pumping. A friends who read a manga untill the last chapter even hardly to understand the story but he know it is good. Imagine others who dont understand the story and simply called it overated. This anime is complex, and which is can be bad for most people who just dont want to think.
May 31, 2019 9:08 AM

Dec 2018
Kaizenzen said:
justasadguy said:

Personally, tengen toppa is no brain but full of positivity anime. Clannad is too slow cant finish after 3 episode. Both is the definition of overated.

Aot plot is amazing, epic, complex, mind blowing, blood pumping. A friends who read a manga untill the last chapter even hardly to understand the story but he know it is good. Imagine others who dont understand the story and simply called it overated. This anime is complex, and which is can be bad for most people who just dont want to think.

I can't help it, but I'm just laughing so hard out loud at your comment now :)
how is AoT's plot "amazing, epic, complex, mind-blowing, blood pumping", when in 54 episodes they basically only tell you that titans were previously humans?
Death Note has an amazing, epic, complex, mind-blowing, blood pumping, but I would hesitate
to call it all that even.
Attack on Titan's only good thing is the world building.
Attack on Titan is just the definition of overrated, even his so praised soundtracks.
Anyway, what is wrong with people who don't want to think? I actually like anime with a nice plot,
that is why I don't like attack on Titan because there is no plot.
The three human-titans were fucking easy to guess, by the start of s2 I already guessed that Reiner and Berthold were the colossal and Armoured titan, not to mention Annie which was so damn obvious.
But "I am the one who does nt want to think right?" :3.
Have a nice day :)
May 31, 2019 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
justasadguy said:
Kaizenzen said:

how is AoT's plot "amazing, epic, complex, mind-blowing, blood pumping", when in 54 episodes they basically only tell you that titans were previously humans?
Death Note has an amazing, epic, complex, mind-blowing, blood pumping, but I would hesitate
Attack on Titan is just the definition of overrated, even his so praised soundtracks.
Anyway, what is wrong with people who don't want to think? I actually like anime with a nice plot,
The three human-titans were fucking easy to guess, by the start of s2 I already guessed that Reiner and Berthold were the colossal and Armoured titan, not to mention Annie which was so damn obvious.

Just wondering. Are you following the manga? :/

May 31, 2019 9:25 AM

Apr 2011
It's actually one of the best shows I've seen. It's not overrated.
I had to answer this question quickly lol.

Let them say what they want to say about the show. If they don't like it, then so be it.

Let's enjoy anime on our own ways :D
mshitsugaya10May 31, 2019 9:32 AM

Jun 7, 2019 9:47 PM
May 2019
justasadguy said:
Kaizenzen said:

You just can't patient, the anime actually revealed more than mangaa t the same chapter. It is not like everyone can be titan, there's tradeoff, there's prerequisite, there's a reason why there are smart titan, why some want eren so bad, why the world like now. In manga, the explanation is mind blowing and consistent one rule to another. After this arc there are many complex explanation of what happened in the world. Right now in anime, it is the phase to build tense feeling of the titan.

Bro, if you can't wait, just read manga like me who can't wait. Yhe manga is faaaar ahead from anime since long time ago. Blame the producer who make anime so goddamn long from 2013 untill now with little progress.

Btw, i like death note, it is amazing and my best. AoT maybe my top 5.
Jun 8, 2019 5:34 AM

Dec 2018
Kaizenzen said:
justasadguy said:

But "I am the one who does not want to think right?" :3.

You just can't patient, the anime actually revealed more than manga t the same chapter. It is not like everyone can be titan, there's tradeoff, there's prerequisite, there's a reason why there are smart titan, why some want eren so bad, why the world like now. In the manga, the explanation is mind blowing and consistent one rule to another. After this arc there are many complex explanations of what happened in the world. Right now in anime, it is the phase to build tense feeling of the titan.

Bro, if you can't wait, just read manga like me who can't wait. The manga is faaaar ahead from anime since long time ago. Blame the producer who make anime so goddamn long from 2013 until now with little progress.

Btw, I like death note, it is amazing and my best. AoT maybe my top 5.

ac
Kaizenzen said:
justasadguy said:

You just can't patient, the anime actually revealed more than mangaa t the same chapter. It is not like everyone can be titan, there's tradeoff, there's prerequisite, there's a reason why there are smart titan, why some want eren so bad, why the world like now. In manga, the explanation is mind blowing and consistent one rule to another. After this arc there are many complex explanation of what happened in the world. Right now in anime, it is the phase to build tense feeling of the titan.

Bro, if you can't wait, just read manga like me who can't wait. The manga is faaaar ahead from anime since long time ago. Blame the producer who make anime so goddamn long from 2013 until now with little progress.

Btw, I like death note, it is amazing and my best. AoT maybe my top 5.
acttually I was thinking to start the manga after this season ends because it looks like this will be the last one we'll get
Jun 10, 2020 3:56 AM
Apr 2020
Attack on titan is overrated?
Not at all.
If you say attack on titan is overrated then you have to watch all the other seasons.
Jun 12, 2020 10:04 AM
Jun 2020
Attack on titan is top tier, but not "the best ever made". Most of anime with large fandoms have fans that will overrate it (Jojo, sao, even death note is overrated by some of it's fans). Only thing we can do is show other we like this show so much.
Jun 14, 2020 7:21 AM
Oct 2018
Those who think it's overrated have not watched till the end of season 3. There's no way in hell someone can say it's overrated after finishing season 3. I feel sad for people who voted 'definitely' on this poll.
Apr 7, 2021 8:37 AM

May 2008
I've watched 10 episodes of season 1 several years ago and was amazed by it - started reading manga right away and got to the first appearance of ape titan, then stopped.

I started rewatching it several weeks ago and I think that seasons 1 and 2 were great, but season 3 was boring trash. I lost all the interest when they started fighting cowboys in crystal cave and blabbering about royal family. Since then watching was a chore. I am currently near the end of season 3 part 2 and I am forcing myself to watch.

So I'd say it's in between - started good, got boring really fast.
Apr 7, 2021 10:53 AM

Jun 2020
Overrated threads been around for a long time huh

Also option 2 is leading
💀💀💀
Apr 7, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2020
keragamming said:
by 2021 season 6 will be out.
Well that didn't age well
Apr 7, 2021 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
Bengofo said:
keragamming said:
by 2021 season 6 will be out.

Technically I am not wrong, if Part 2 airs in December this year its still technically six season.
Apr 7, 2021 11:15 AM

Jun 2020
keragamming said:
Bengofo said:

Technically I am not wrong, if Part 2 airs in December this year its still technically six season.
Hmmmm I did not consider that.
Apr 7, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2020
"Overrating" is a word that shouldn't be used at all.

Everyone will accuse every other anime fan of the same, as there is no official referee who decides who would get which place on the ranking list.

From my point of view, AoT is definitely one of the best shounen and just behind FMAB and Gintama. He is first class in many areas and tries well to make up for his weaknesses.

The hatred he gets from some is of course not justified. This work was created with a lot of creativity and ingenuity and has a very solid implementation. Many want to evade this fact by making many excuses. I have already read a lot of reviews, most of which had terrible arguments.

Yes, AoT is not perfect, it has many shortcomings and moments in which I thought that could have been avoided completely.
Apr 7, 2021 3:42 PM
Sep 2008
Why AOT is overrated? Have you watched its ending? It is quiet awful.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Yesterday, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1655 by Kcisdumb »»
May 31, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.