Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 28, 2009 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Envy ;_; that true form that I wish I didn't see.

Yep, what has been seen... Cannot be made unseen O.O
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 28, 2009 1:33 PM
Sep 2009
Fantastic episode - Envy's true form was perfect, as was the whole Gluttony's stomach thing. And yes, Elric Telepathy was awesome.

Not much more to say beyond what has already been said. Waiting a whole week for just 22 more minutes of FMA is incredibly frustrating, though ... these episodes need to be an hour long!
Sep 28, 2009 1:51 PM

Feb 2009
Envy's hot like that. Gotta love the guy.. eh.. thing.
Sep 28, 2009 2:08 PM

May 2009
suigetsu00 said:
Sayuri-Hime said:
SO GOOD!!!

Xiao Mai is tooooo cuuuuute!! <3

How the hell are Ed and Ling going to get out of there?! Envy's true form is totally disgusting, by the way. Gives me the creeps thinking about it.

OMG, Roy is in trouble!! They've dismantled his team and Riza is going to be kept by the Fuhrer!! Nooooo! Geez, can't wait until next week!!

how you coming on the manga? or have you even started yet? lol

Nope, haven't started yet. Hahaha, I'm in the process of reading a couple of other completed manga, and I'd like to finish at least one of them before I pick up another one. Soon, though, soon!
Sep 28, 2009 2:46 PM

Nov 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:
suigetsu00 said:
Sayuri-Hime said:
SO GOOD!!!

Xiao Mai is tooooo cuuuuute!! <3

How the hell are Ed and Ling going to get out of there?! Envy's true form is totally disgusting, by the way. Gives me the creeps thinking about it.

OMG, Roy is in trouble!! They've dismantled his team and Riza is going to be kept by the Fuhrer!! Nooooo! Geez, can't wait until next week!!

how you coming on the manga? or have you even started yet? lol

Nope, haven't started yet. Hahaha, I'm in the process of reading a couple of other completed manga, and I'd like to finish at least one of them before I pick up another one. Soon, though, soon!

ah sweet.....these new chapters will flip you out lol xD
Sep 28, 2009 3:46 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:
I voted "ok' for the episode, but now that I remember the bad comedy in the first half, along with terrible story with Shao Mei (I can't believe they were serious there), I have to say that I didn't really like the episode. We know that Ed and Ling are going to make it out, so the whole idea that there is no exit is totally contrived to me, and I just didn't really like that statement at all, and it had the opposite intended effect on me.

That's really it, Mustang didn't get enough screen time, and Gluttony is just plain dumb. Seing Al go back to being mopy and useless without Ed is also disheartening.
Although I agree with you on most parts, especially on the bad humor and Shao Mei, this episode was better than you give it credit for. Judging from last episode, Gluttony's belly actually turned out to be interesting when the Envy fight started. Your opinion on this episode sounds more like 2/5 though, while I want it to be a 4/5, they'd either drop the humor (best option in my opinion) or actually make it good.
Sep 28, 2009 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
I meant that Gluttony is literally dumb. Not bright. Taking Al to see Father, and just kind of talking like Elmo. The idea of Gluttony's stomach was better implemented than I thought it would be, but as I said, the way Envy was used to overblow the situation was lame.
Sep 28, 2009 4:57 PM

Sep 2008
Epic amazing-ness is epically amazing, as always, of course. <333
Envy's true form is disgusting. Ew. But I kinda already knew that, but somehow it seemed even more disgusting in the anime heh.
Sep 28, 2009 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode but not as great as the previous ones.
Sep 28, 2009 6:24 PM

Jan 2008
Can effing believe they CG'd Envy's true form... uber ew. At least it wasnt super obvious with the darkness.
Sep 28, 2009 7:02 PM

Nov 2008
Wow did they really have to go with CGI Envy there? That was one of the things I was most looking forward to being animated and it looks so awkward being 3D.
Sep 28, 2009 8:06 PM

Aug 2007
Duuuude, Envy looks really awesome. That was one of the more shocking things about him in the manga, so I'm glad they animated it so well~ The reassignments were great too. I can't believe it's moving so fast. And I don't mean that in a bad way. |D

Xiao Mei's story was really out of place, but... I guess they felt that they needed to include Mei somewhere to refresh everyone, since she's kinda important in the coming episodes.
olivesandwaxSep 29, 2009 10:55 AM
Sep 28, 2009 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
Gahhhhh I loved it. :)
Sep 28, 2009 9:23 PM

Sep 2009
While Envy's true form is still rawrr awesome, I didn't imagine it to be THAT sickly green. I imagined everything else except that colour. I noticed the CG though...
Loved how the two stories of Ed and Mustang were woven into each other without them looking like they were interupting each other.
Sep 28, 2009 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
Moimy said:
While Envy's true form is still rawrr awesome, I didn't imagine it to be THAT sickly green. I imagined everything else except that colour. I noticed the CG though...
Loved how the two stories of Ed and Mustang were woven into each other without them looking like they were interupting each other.

yeah.....it would have been more sick.....with all the "mommy" "daddy" and "kill me"'s lol
Sep 29, 2009 12:13 AM

Aug 2009
EPiC. :]

Mustang team disbanded.
Hawkeye will be in trouble!
Envy is creepy when he transform!

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 29, 2009 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
YUSSS X3

THIS IS THE CUTEST ANIMAL EVER. -melts and is shot by those who want to read about action, not pandas-
But seriously, I love Xiao Mei.

Elric telepathy! xD And, um...did Gluttony BLUSH when Al touched him? x__X
DO NOT WANT

And whoa, the Ishbal flashback scene was more vividly portrayed in the anime, really did shake me up a little...

Finally, Envy's true form (which I think was done with CG...and is GREEN x__X But whatever, looks repulsive and that's how it was supposed to look.) and the reassignments. It's starting to show how deep exactly the shit they're in is.

Who else thinks that Ling's movements are sexy? xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 29, 2009 11:05 AM

Aug 2007
Just... omg

<3

Envy's form is so ew. I was just thinking NO NO NO when I saw it... poor Ed and Lin have to fight it?? x( Noooo...

I THINK I LIKE GLUTTONY!!!! xO!!
Sep 29, 2009 1:07 PM

May 2009
Epic.
Sep 29, 2009 1:36 PM

May 2007
Wow. I have no words. Such a good episode.
Envy's true form sure is ugly as hell.

Sep 29, 2009 1:45 PM

May 2009
WOW!

Well, since I started reading the manga, I can feel a large amount of satisfaction :) This was all handled perfectly ( except for the millions of heads talking making nothing understandable on Envy's form like in the manga ). I loved the music, making it dramatic and all. And the Ed part in the begining ruled XD

Omg, I just noticed how amazing the choice of Ed's voice is. I mean, it fits him PERFECTLY, especially when he gets mad, gawd, I'm inlove with the voice, it's so Ed like C:

Geez, I'm so happy for the director and all. This is really great, good for them (and for us)

BTW, great animation in the Envy battle scene C:

P.S. Holy shit, i just have to say again that the ed part in the beggining was really, really awesome XD
Lmao "Elric telepathy!" XDD

EDIT

Cenedess said:

A big ME xD
NanakoginSep 29, 2009 1:51 PM
Sep 29, 2009 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
Wow envy was animated really awesomely. Hopefully a good scrap in the next one:D
Sep 29, 2009 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
this wuz an awesome episode! definitely as good as i expected =3 i am pleased <3
i thought the humor wuz great! i dnt know what other pples problem iz with that, but i do understand the May and Xiao Mai flashback being annoying to some (i thought it wuz cute tho >w< lol Xiao Mai eating the rice)
i kinda imagined Envy to be brown in his true form... but green works! seeing Envy's true form makes my stomach turn ._.
did anyone else think it wuz awesome that in the flashback of the Ishbalan girl getting shot the eyes were shining blue and red? i rly like that =D i got chills all over again watching this ep! it wuz just awesome
and we cnt forget that Roy and his comrades are definitely in deep shit *nodnod*
my only complaint iz that they should have made it more dramatic when Envy actually said the line "i was the one who shot the Ishbalan girl" but thats not a big deal

oh yeah, i almost forgot, ELRIC TELEPATHY!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2009 5:12 PM
Apr 2008
The Mustang scene was just great.
Sep 29, 2009 7:26 PM

Apr 2008
For some reason this series just isn't doing it. Loved the first series. Love the manga. Brotherhood...eehhh. It's good, but idk...
Sep 30, 2009 2:28 AM

May 2009
I didn't even notice the CGI. It looked a bit different, more smooth & fluid I'd say. Looked better to me than regular 2D anime-tion.

Cenedess said:
And, um...did Gluttony BLUSH when Al touched him? x__X
DO NOT WANT
Yeah he did but it wasn't like a blush blush you know... or at least I hope it wasn't.
Sep 30, 2009 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
Damn Envy is even uglier in his/her/i'st? true form, wonder how All and Lin will manage to win that fight.
Very curious as of how they will get out too.

The scene where Envy shot that little girl point blank in the face sent chills down my spine, it was a really good animated and her red glowing eyes looked so innocent.
Sep 30, 2009 4:32 AM

May 2009
Haruharu_chan365 said:
did anyone else think it wuz awesome that in the flashback of the Ishbalan girl getting shot the eyes were shining blue and red? i rly like that =D i got chills all over

I forgot about that ! Gawd, I also had chills *.* I love the way they put alchemists with blue eyes, the ishbalans red eyes and the rest sepia in the ishbalan war. That scene wuz particarly strong C:
Sep 30, 2009 6:28 AM

Jul 2008
woah awesome ep. how are they suppose to beat envy in that form? and wonder what will happen when al met hohenheim(?)

Sep 30, 2009 7:58 AM

Dec 2008
Epic! Everything was done right, can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 30, 2009 8:16 AM

Apr 2009
Nanakogin said:

Cenedess said:

A big ME xD

xD Thank you, I knew I'm not alone.

honey88foru said:

Cenedess said:
And, um...did Gluttony BLUSH when Al touched him? x__X
DO NOT WANT
Yeah he did but it wasn't like a blush blush you know... or at least I hope it wasn't.

Haha, I know, I know. It just ...looked funny xD

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 30, 2009 10:09 AM

Sep 2009
Nanakogin said:
Haruharu_chan365 said:
did anyone else think it wuz awesome that in the flashback of the Ishbalan girl getting shot the eyes were shining blue and red? i rly like that =D i got chills all over

I forgot about that ! Gawd, I also had chills *.* I love the way they put alchemists with blue eyes, the ishbalans red eyes and the rest sepia in the ishbalan war. That scene wuz particarly strong C:

This was a great scene. A great way of increasing the drama in what was already a dramatic flashback.

Cenedess said:
Nanakogin said:

Cenedess said:

A big ME xD

Add me to the list of fans xD

I bet we're part of a massive collective of fangirls who think the same.
TreSep 30, 2009 10:35 AM
Sep 30, 2009 10:28 AM

Jul 2009
As one who has read the manga I've got only one thing to say:
If they keep making the episodes faithful to the manga & in the style they potrayed the scenes in the past few episode, then "From here on.... It just gets better"
Sep 30, 2009 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
Tre said:
Cenedess said:
Nanakogin said:

Cenedess said:

A big ME xD

And they were all laughing at me when I was fangirling like 10 episodes ago D: YOU SEE NOW.

Evilincarnate said:
As one who has read the manga I've got only one thing to say:
If they keep making the episodes faithful to the manga & in the style they potrayed the scenes in the past few episode, then "From here on.... It just gets better"

This. Can't wait for Sunday/Monday.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 30, 2009 12:16 PM

Sep 2009
Cenedess said:
Tre said:

And they were all laughing at me when I was fangirling like 10 episodes ago D: YOU SEE NOW.

Back then some must have thought he was some loser who wouldn't be of much help. I certainly was never one of them.

When Ling gets serious, just WOW.
Sep 30, 2009 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
The series is getting interesting again.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 30, 2009 4:39 PM

Jun 2007
Awesome episode but what happened to "Boot Scene"? Dx it was like just thrown in there D: *sad*
Sep 30, 2009 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
Hey, I read somewhere that the next episode will be the last. WTF.
Someone please clean my dark thoughts now! ^^
Sep 30, 2009 8:48 PM

May 2009
poketonip said:

You know, I was talking with the president of my anime club about Brotherhood today, and he said the same thing. But then he looked it up, and it said on Anime News Network that it might be 38 episodes. To me, that makes a whole lot more sense, because Roy and Ed are definitely in some deep shit right now, and with the storyline this complicated, there's no way they'll be able to just end it with the next episode. I mean, I suppose they could, but they would definitely have to follow up with another season. Besides, Brotherhood is following the FMA manga storyline, and the manga is still publishing.
Oct 1, 2009 4:51 AM

Jul 2007
Sayuri-Hime said:
poketonip said:

You know, I was talking with the president of my anime club about Brotherhood today, and he said the same thing. But then he looked it up, and it said on Anime News Network that it might be 38 episodes. To me, that makes a whole lot more sense, because Roy and Ed are definitely in some deep shit right now, and with the storyline this complicated, there's no way they'll be able to just end it with the next episode. I mean, I suppose they could, but they would definitely have to follow up with another season. Besides, Brotherhood is following the FMA manga storyline, and the manga is still publishing.

Okay kids, repeat after me:

FMA
Broterhood
HAS NO SET
EPISODE COUNT
YET

ANN lists only the episodes that have confirmed air-dates/titles.

As for manga - its 1-5 chapters away from being finished.

AS for FMA:B I can fully see it going into late sixties. ;)
Oct 1, 2009 6:05 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:

FMA
Broterhood
HAS NO SET
EPISODE COUNT
YET

Does that count as repeating? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 1, 2009 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
All I can say is Envy's real form is very disturbing......
Oct 1, 2009 11:04 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
Sayuri-Hime said:
poketonip said:

Okay kids, repeat after me:

FMA
Broterhood
HAS NO SET
EPISODE COUNT
YET

ANN lists only the episodes that have confirmed air-dates/titles.

As for manga - its 1-5 chapters away from being finished.

AS for FMA:B I can fully see it going into late sixties. ;)

Good to know, I'm really enjoying it, even moreso than I enjoyed the first series. Although, I suppose by the time I start the manga it will probably have ended.
Oct 1, 2009 12:06 PM

Feb 2009
Epic episode as always. The consistency with this anime is far from lackluster! They are inside the second best gate of the truth, Im guessing Elric's dad is who they call "father". The whole army is in on it, Fuhrer the Homunculus has finally been admitted, and Envy, well that was out of nowhere. That is one big so called Homunculus, how are they going to beat that, well either way the animation should be good with that fight!
Oct 1, 2009 4:27 PM

Apr 2009
Mustang got owned
Oct 2, 2009 3:12 AM

May 2009
Sami092 said:
I'm guessing Elric's dad is who they call "father".

I've been told Dante was an anime only character to separate Hohenheim and Father. In this series, they (Hohenheim and Father) look quite similar. Maybe they are the same person. But while Hohenheim is pretty soft spoken, Father sounded quite different (did he speak in the episode where Greed is melted? O_o;) I wouldn't be surprised if they are different but connected in some way. Maybe like the dichotomy between good and evil or one created from the other. I'm almost tempted to go read about it but I don't wanna spoil the surprise.
Oct 2, 2009 8:35 AM

Mar 2009
I had a dream yesterday where I was Edward Elric, how awesome is that :P
Oct 2, 2009 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
Envy's true form is kind of gross... and it's green... ew.

When Gluttony was in front of Al I was wondering if Gluttony was just trying to eat Xiao Mei. o_o And it sounds really funny hearing Gluttony use "ore" as a first-person pronoun with such a high voice. "Ore"'s for men like Ed who carry people even when he's tired and for men like Lin who flip and do crazy stuff with broken ribs. D:

I feel sooo bad for Roy! DX The Fuhrer is really taking the expression "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" literally, by keeping Hawkeye as an assistant. Well... I guess for now I'll just have to try to be content by thinking that the good guys will win in the end... somehow. ._.'
Oct 2, 2009 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
merle_noir said:
Envy's true form is kind of gross... and it's green... ew.'

Well, yeah, I guess he's "green" with envy. :P

I always loved the design of Envy. Very Lovecraftian.

Well done episode overall.

Oct 3, 2009 5:56 AM

May 2009
I always visualized envy's true form as white, so green feels strange. Also, that girl's tears wiping out the fire and etc was too much comical for me. Other than that gr8 episode and things moving pretty fast (in a good way).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

974 by Fortvne »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

adamantine - Jan 31, 2010

137 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 24, 2010

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

344 by CaviarSandwiches »»
May 17, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

359 by _Abdullah_ »»
May 14, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.