Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2017 4:00 AM

Jan 2016
Apparently there will be a new chapter on the 14th of july with a color page: https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/880991321086771200
Jul 6, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
That was everything?
Right when Nea and Tyki looked at each other, too damn short.
Jul 8, 2017 3:57 AM

Apr 2008
roshinante said:
SilverWolf442 said:

She has carpal tunnel syndrome. I also believe she's got issues with her neck and her back.

Anyway, someone brought up the possibility that she was forced by magazine editors to release something for this month. And that may be the case, since the series is quarterly already and she had 6 months.

I looked the syndrome up because...never heard of it but that is like the ultimate mangaka knock-out health issue D: If people know that, how can they be so rude?

Illyricus said:
The life of a D. Gray Man fan is one of the hardest things that can happen to one in this life...

Tell that to all Vagabond&Berserk fans, that is...

Maybe because the only proof that her issues are real are her words alone. Especially considering that while DGM was on hiatus for her health issues, SHE WAS DOING ART FOR FUCKING VALRAVE!

You are going to have to excuse me if I No longer believe a single word she writes down.

As far as I can tell she wants DGM to die with a whimper. To fade from people's memory by trickling the content like she did in this chapter. To avoid the vocal backlash if she were to just outright announce she's taking the axe to the series herself. Because then she would be forced to come up with some kind of quick ending too and that would never satisfy anyone. The new anime also failed catastrophically mostly due to the obvious fujoshi pandering direction it focused on.

Darklight0303Jul 8, 2017 4:06 AM
Jul 8, 2017 4:01 AM

Apr 2008
WiselyKamelot said:
Apparently there will be a new chapter on the 14th of july with a color page: https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/880991321086771200

Hahaha I'll believe it when I see it. The last two releases were suppsoed to have a chapter too and that didn't happen. You are a fool to believe it will happen THIS Time.
Jul 9, 2017 7:46 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah. I rather be cautious with all the disapointement we had.
But I can't help but feeling optimistic when I see a news about D.Gray-man xd

"Maybe because the only proof that her issues are real are her words alone. Especially considering that while DGM was on hiatus for her health issues, SHE WAS DOING ART FOR FUCKING VALRAVE!

You are going to have to excuse me if I No longer believe a single word she writes down. "

Cmon. Do you really think she would blatantly lie to the audience? Even the names of the illness have been stated (norovirus and neck injury). This is not because she did some chara design during her convalescence that she had enough energy to continue a big project like D.Gray-man.

"As far as I can tell she wants DGM to die with a whimper. To fade from people's memory by trickling the content like she did in this chapter. To avoid the vocal backlash if she were to just outright announce she's taking the axe to the series herself. ."

Definitely not. I don't know if you followed her when she was on instagram but it was clear she really cares for the series and her characters and genuinely wanted to continue it, supported by the support encouragements. If she wanted that we forget D.Gray-man she wouldn't even had opened such an account and let alone allow us to see some of her private life.

Moreover, regarding the poor content we had this last year, I think this is not on Hoshino. You can see that EVERYTHING D.Gray-man related was cancelled or postponed. Even the things she had absolutely no bearing on like Hallow DVDs, or Lavi's figurines.

I think there is a administrative issue. I blame the people in charge for awful miscommunication and letting us compeltely in the dark about the status of the series and playing with us by giving us ridiculous "7 page "chapters.
WiselyKamelotJul 9, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 9, 2017 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
WiselyKamelot said:
Yeah. I rather be cautious with all the disapointement we had.
But I can't help but feeling optimistic when I see a news about D.Gray-man xd

"Maybe because the only proof that her issues are real are her words alone. Especially considering that while DGM was on hiatus for her health issues, SHE WAS DOING ART FOR FUCKING VALRAVE!

You are going to have to excuse me if I No longer believe a single word she writes down. "

Cmon. Do you really think she would blatantly lie to the audience? Even the names of the illness have been stated (norovirus and neck injury). This is not because she did some chara design during her convalescence that she had enough energy to continue a big project like D.Gray-man.

"As far as I can tell she wants DGM to die with a whimper. To fade from people's memory by trickling the content like she did in this chapter. To avoid the vocal backlash if she were to just outright announce she's taking the axe to the series herself. ."

Definitely not. I don't know if you followed her when she was on instagram but it was clear she really cares for the series and her characters and genuinely wanted to continue it, supported by the support encouragements. If she wanted that we forget D.Gray-man she wouldn't even had opened such an account and let alone allow us to see some of her private life.

You are adorably naive to believe something without proof. Words over the internet do not convey emotions or feelings accurately no matter how much you would like to believe it.

She would definitely lie because otherwise the fanbase that actually stuck around all this time would TEAR HER TO PIECES and she can't face that.

Also funny you mention that account considering IT HAS BEEN TERMINATED by hoshino yourself. There's optimism and then there's averting your eyes from reality.
Jul 9, 2017 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
But then why in hell would she had continued the series in 2015 with a big twisted and even better drawings?
Why in hell would she had opened an instagram account to show what she is doing if she just wants us to forget about her work?
Why would she allow a new anime to promote her manga when she really wants to put an end to it?

Just saying that she used to be on shonen jump, providing one chapter every week. And now she can't even draw a chapter in 3 months just because she is...lazy?
Really? Does that seem possible?

"Also funny you mention that account considering IT HAS BEEN TERMINATED by hoshino yourself. There's optimism and then there's averting your eyes from reality."

The single fact that the opened is a proof of her will to invest herself in the series. This is a time-consuming, privaty-consiming device.
Yes she closed it. She explained this is because she misused instagram (post her complain about hallow fanservice poster thingy). But the fact that she had opened it while nothing forced her to do so (very few mangakas have one) is a proof of her determination AND caring for the fans.
This instagram account had no other effect except making people more invested in D.Gray-man and Hoshino. This is the exact opposite of what you pretending she wants.
WiselyKamelotJul 9, 2017 8:05 AM
Jul 9, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
i think the plot is confusing because its still going on and we have yet to see the unexplained things
there is nothing wrong with the pace

honestly i dont really get why fans are so over-worked, i love d gray man with my soul and i couldnt be more happy to get a few pages
ding dong ur wrong
Jul 9, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2008
eblin said:
i think the plot is confusing because its still going on and we have yet to see the unexplained things

honestly i dont really get why fans are so over-worked, i love d gray man with my soul and i couldnt be more happy to get a few pages

So you're happy with getting things so slowly you're more likely to die of old age than seeing the story ever completed? >_> That's not being a fan. It's being a fanboy/fangirl
Jul 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2016
Darklight0303 said:
eblin said:

So you're happy with getting things so slowly you're more likely to die of old age than seeing the story ever completed? >_> That's not being a fan. It's being a fanboy/fangirl

better than seeing something not getting completed
is there even a difference between fan(boy/girl)? its not like overly hyping a chapter release or anything, im just happy that we got a few pages instead of nothing.
well its obviously different if the quarter releases are now only 7-8 pages
eblinJul 9, 2017 11:51 AM
ding dong ur wrong
Jul 10, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2016
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/sqcrown/2017summer/ There we go!

I hope there will be more than 7 pages this time xd
Jul 10, 2017 8:47 AM

Aug 2016
WiselyKamelot said:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/sqcrown/2017summer/ There we go!

I hope there will be more than 7 pages this time xd

34 pages are confirmed now! https://twitter.com/JUMP_SQ/status/884349282748428288
ding dong ur wrong
Jul 11, 2017 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
I've caught up but man this was waaaaay better when it first came out. I dunno wat I'm reading anymore :?

Jul 11, 2017 6:26 PM

Aug 2016
SakuraForever said:
I've caught up but man this was waaaaay better when it first came out. I dunno wat I'm reading anymore :?

you mean, that its better to read it in one go that having to wait?
well i guess that truly is, since the pacing feels really dragged when you wait 3 months to get the chapter.. but the pace when you read it in one go is pretty satisfying
ding dong ur wrong
Oct 3, 2018 7:31 AM
Oct 2018
Hi everyone!

I know this post is getting old, but I was reading your answers concerning this "short" chapter, and I would like to add something. (If what I am going to say have already been discussed then I apologize in advance :) ).

I think this chapter is a key to something HUGE, and we only focused on the fact that it's very short instead on focusing on the real meaning of those pages.

The chapter is centered on Tyki and Nea, and there is a note on the side of page 4 saying "The key is in the hands of those two" (I read it in French so it's a translation). She drop a huge bomb here saying that Tyki is a key character. The fact that Allen and Tyki have the same birthday is no random fact, as well as the fact that Tyki looks a lot like Nea (or I begin to think he looks even more like Mana). Maybe the author did this chapter short on purpose, to put those two in the middle of everything else. Of course it can also have something to do with her health, but when I was re-reading all the last chapters, I found this one to be more interesting that it seemed the first time I read it.

Some theories say that Joyd's memory have awakened in Nea's previous body, other say that it's in Mana's previous body. And the more I think about it the more I believe that Tyki have more to do with Mana than Nea, but I can be all wrong. In the whole manga there are hints all the time about Tyki being different, and it's considered a secret among the noah, only Road and Wisely know about it. Tyki is of course clueless about everything poor soul ^^

That was all :) What do you think about it?

Edit: Oh and of course the chapter 225 is revealing everything about it, particularly when Wisely says "Your destiny and the one of Nea" to Tyki at page 5. I saw you have also discussed about it on the chap. 225 page.
ArkhanielOct 3, 2018 7:39 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» News on chapter release

kaguyasama2004 - Sep 9

7 by jonat193 »»
Sep 13, 9:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 252 Discussion

Illyricus - Jul 28

9 by logic340 »»
Sep 1, 2:45 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 228 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2018

17 by Rimurasta »»
Aug 24, 3:17 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 220 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

31 by Rimurasta »»
Aug 24, 1:52 PM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『D.Gray-man』×『INNOCENT SORROW』| abingdon boys school

LittleStar - Jul 27

10 by JoyBoy »»
Jul 29, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.