Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 11, 2016 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
Clannnad. I had high expectations because the hype is unreal, but I couldn't get through the the whole first season because I was so bored and didn't care at all about even a single character. The roachlike hair freaks me out too.

Shigatsu. I had high expectations at the beginning and really loved it at the start, but there was so much forced melodrama that I didn't even emotionally respond to. It fell flat.
Mar 11, 2016 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
starry sky.
that anime made me hate harems until today.
this anime was based upon a game, which i have never played. so, im just saying things about the ANIME.
you get to know 12 boys who are amazingly handsome and suit the main character just right.
you start cheering for a certain boy, sometimes more than one, to find out that IN THE FUCKING ENDING

this kind of ending is really common in animes based upon harem shoujo games, but i was still disappointed. im sorry.

ps. eternal love for tsubasa amaha <3
Mar 11, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
mimiiria said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

What are you talking about? It already established itself as a tear-jerker anime since episode three.
Compared to other KyoAni stuff it was way too light-hearted, and the side-character deaths pale in comparison to the buildup in shows like Clannad and Kanon. If Angel Beats is a 'tear-jerker' show then so are Parasyte and FMA too, simply because people die/vanish to the afterlife.

That's not what I'm trying to tell though. I'm saying Angel Beats already tried to be a tear jerker anime since Iwasawa's arc so you saying AB is a tad too late to become one is untrue since they weren't trying to make the end a big waterworks show. It tried to be dramatic from the start.
Mar 11, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
DoctorSexy said:
One punch man-
1.boring main lead
2.plot armer
3.overhyped
You know the plot armor is basically the objective of the show, no?
Mar 11, 2016 7:31 AM
Aug 2015
Illyricus said:
DoctorSexy said:
One punch man-
1.boring main lead
2.plot armer
3.overhyped

yes that one of the reasons i didnt like it
its just like every other Shōnen anime out there
Mar 11, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2013
DoctorSexy said:
Illyricus said:

yes that one of the reasons i didnt like it
its just like every other Shōnen anime out there
First. One Punch Man is a seinen, not a shonen. Second. The plot armor of the main character (is you refer to Saitama's OP) is basically the joke of the show. You don't suppose to take it seriously, for that reason Saitama is unbeatable.

Now, if what you refer is that you didn't found the joke of his plot armor funny and you actually took the series as a comedy and not as a serious, battle series, then I can understand your reason.
Mar 11, 2016 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
-SAO i loved the beginning and i dont hate the middle "romantic-filler" arcs as much as many others but the second half was just so so bad i really had to skip through it
-SHIPPUDEN the original naruto series was really good and a part of my childhood but after the itachi sasuke fight the show just went downhill and sucked so hard that i had to drop it
(-DEATH NOTE which is still an amazing anime but the ending sucks so hard i was really disappointed)
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Mar 11, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
I had high hopes for Mekakucity Actors. I was drawn into the character designs and music, but the story ruined everything for me.
Mar 11, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
5 cm per second for me was a huge let down
Mar 11, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
DARKER THAN BLACK .

Wtf ???????????

Here I was all hyped up for it .
Mar 11, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
Erased. First four episodes of this series were one of the best anime episodes I've seen in a long time. But since episode 5 it's becoming worse and worse. Such a wasted potential.
Mar 11, 2016 9:23 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta say that I'm disappointed with Prince of Stride. I like the sports genre, and I like Madhouse (they're already broadcasting Diamond no Ace tho), but it is bad. I'm not going to drop it simply because there are two episodes left, but I can't believe Madhouse did a bad anime.
Mar 11, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
Probably Trigun. I was expecting a 9/10 because of all the comparisons to Bebop but it wasn't close to that.
Mar 11, 2016 10:51 AM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
ZerShady said:
Erased. First four episodes of this series were one of the best anime episodes I've seen in a long time. But since episode 5 it's becoming worse and worse. Such a wasted potential.
Oi, its not over yet y'know? Maybe it will become better at the end?

And the show is not going that far downhill compared to SAO and Psycho Pass II...
Mar 11, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Dinoe said:
Oi, its not over yet y'know? Maybe it will become better at the end?

As some manga readers argue, it will not get better in the last two episodes.
Mar 11, 2016 11:18 AM

Nov 2012
The comparison in quality from darker then black season 1 and 2 is just to dam big. Also re-watched evanglion recently and the movie is really a liked it or not like it work. Sadly it for me was the lather one cuz i kind of feel trolled now :P
But stil behind al the fucked up moments it also had something special i don't really know what to say about i tbh.
Mar 11, 2016 11:22 AM

Feb 2015
Erased, so overhyped. The writing of the show is absolutely awful.
Mar 11, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
To me it was Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works Season 2.

Fate/Zero was my first contact with the Fate franchise and I loved it. I'd always heard there was a Fate/stay night anime but it was not that good but then someone told me there is a new version that is also made by ufotable and though it still wasn't as good, it was better then the old versions so I gave it a shot.
I found the prologue to be just as good as Fate/Zero but I soon realized it was nowhere near after I watched the first season. I found Shirou to be a bad protagonist, Saber and Kirei were just bland when compared to Fate/Zero and most of the other characters were also not that good. But I still liked the season nonetheless, I found the slice-of-life moments really boring but the action scenes were cool.
I was really excited for the season season to come out and the hype was real, I though that just like Fate/Zero's second season, this one would also be better then the first but I was super wrong, the pacing is all over the place, we keep going from fast episode to talk episode back to fast. Shirou was so annoying, he didn't shut up about his childish ideals for 10 seconds which made the show pretentious which is one of the worst sins anime can commit for me, and the battles were full of plot armor and ass-pulls.
So, my most expected anime of all times (I only started last year) was a massive disappointment for me.
Mar 11, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Probably Zankyou no Terror. Coming from the director of Cowboy Bebop it was a huge let down.
Mar 11, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Probably Zankyou no Terror. Coming from the director of Cowboy Bebop it was a huge let down.

This. But I also really liked this series at first.
Mar 11, 2016 12:08 PM
May 2015
Angel Beats and Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works
Too much expectations for bad animes
Mar 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
ZerShady said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

This. But I also really liked this series at first.
It had a very strong start, but it really dropped off when Five was introduced...
Don't get me wrong i still liked this show, but it was just a huge let down.
Mar 11, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
Kampfer

OMG that ending was so bad, it destroyed the series for me ( ><)\
Mar 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
Zankyou no Terror - I really liked the setting and the beginning but when Five was introduced everything went downhill for me. Well at least it had great visuals and music.
Mar 11, 2016 1:19 PM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
longshot100 said:
I feel like this thread is going to start a war...

That is how war always starts; by people having different opinions or when people are jealous.

Btw, why Mirai Nikki in caps?
That is one of my favorite anime, but that doesn't mean that I'll bomb you for having a different opinion.

That reminds me, I have some bombs left...
Mar 11, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
Gluzin said:

Fate/Zero was my first contact with the Fate franchise and I loved it. I'd always heard there was a Fate/stay night anime but it was not that good but then someone told me there is a new version that is also made by ufotable and though it still wasn't as good, it was better then the old versions so I gave it a shot.
I found the prologue to be just as good as Fate/Zero but I soon realized it was nowhere near after I watched the first season. I found Shirou to be a bad protagonist, Saber and Kirei were just bland when compared to Fate/Zero and most of the other characters were also not that good. But I still liked the season nonetheless, I found the slice-of-life moments really boring but the action scenes were cool.
I was really excited for the season season to come out and the hype was real, I though that just like Fate/Zero's second season, this one would also be better then the first but I was super wrong, the pacing is all over the place, we keep going from fast episode to talk episode back to fast. Shirou was so annoying, he didn't shut up about his childish ideals for 10 seconds which made the show pretentious which is one of the worst sins anime can commit for me, and the battles were full of plot armor and ass-pulls.
So, my most expected anime of all times (I only started last year) was a massive disappointment for me.

You do realize that the entire point of the route is about Shirou's ideals right? That's what you get for comparing it to F/Z. It's not supposed to be a grimdark story. We have Heaven's Feel for that.
Mar 11, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Gluzin said:

You do realize that the entire point of the route is about Shirou's ideals right? That's what you get for comparing it to F/Z. It's not supposed to be a grimdark story. We have Heaven's Feel for that.
If Shirou's ideals are bad then the route is bad for me. Like I said in my comment, most of my problems came from the characters and not the atmosphere, won't Heaven's Feel have the same characters?
Mar 11, 2016 3:25 PM

Jul 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
Gluzin said:

No he doesn't and that's the case for a lot of people .They miss the point of the story .

Not much point in explaining things though .

Because of the nature of its adaptation UBW requires more thinking than Zero .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 11, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
Gluzin said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

If Shirou's ideals are bad then the route is bad for me. Like I said in my comment, most of my problems came from the characters and not the atmosphere, won't Heaven's Feel have the same characters?

The idea of killing people to save thousands more is so overused. That's why I found Shirou's ideals more interesting because he has an extreme case of hero complex. But then again, it's subjective.

You're horribly wrong if you think Heaven's Feel is going to be like UBW just because it has the same characters. Kirei wasn't relevant to UBW at all. It's in HF that he gets development and where Saber took and interesting turn.
Mar 11, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Gluzin said:

The idea of killing people to save thousands more is so overused. That's why I found Shirou's ideals more interesting because he has an extreme case of hero complex. But then again, it's subjective.

You're horribly wrong if you think Heaven's Feel is going to be like UBW just because it has the same characters. Kirei wasn't relevant to UBW at all. It's in HF that he gets development and where Saber took and interesting turn.
I hate Shirou so no point in arguing there.

Well, if you say so then great, I'll look forward to watching it.
Mar 11, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2014
SodiumChloride said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

No he doesn't and that's the case for a lot of people .They miss the point of the story .

Yes I do get it, doesn't make it any less bad for me.

UBW requires more thinking than Zero? Nice joke, you blame me for not thinking and then you give 6 to EoE because you didn't understand it, that's a bit hypocritic in my opinion.
Mar 11, 2016 3:39 PM
Mar 2016
Currently the most disappointing was Sword Art Online, everyone told me how amazing it was, I watched the first episode and I was really hyped, on the edge of my seat wanting more. And from there the series jumped off a cliff into mediocre territory, then he woke up and went to find Asuna and I thought 'eh, that was ok, could be worse, and it leaves it open for... Wait? Play next episode? But the games over!' And then it turns into crap. It's not the worst anime I've seen but it just posses me off how deeply it sucked me in only to blow up in my face.
Mar 11, 2016 4:15 PM
Feb 2016
Tokyo Ghoul.
Guilty crown.
Kekkai Sensen.
Mar 11, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
BTOOM! shit
Mar 11, 2016 8:19 PM

Dec 2014
Saenai Heroine/Saekano I expected to be much funnier than what it was.

The meta aspect is basically "hey lets point out that our show uses cliches without even attempting to make fun of them or point out why they suck." Also the Monogatari-esque direction was unique but felt very superfluous. I know it's technically incomplete but I'm setting my expectations lower when the second season does eventually come out.
Mar 11, 2016 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
I was really disappointed by Hyouka because I was expecting a lot more.
Mar 11, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2013
One Punch Man kinda, way too overhyped
Signature removed.
Mar 11, 2016 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
The second seasons of Nisekoi and Psycho-Pass were extremely disappointing
Mar 11, 2016 9:02 PM

May 2014
Definitely DEFINITELY .Hack//sign cause the ending can go fuck itself.
Mar 11, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2015
Gluzin said:
SodiumChloride said:

Yes I do get it, doesn't make it any less bad for me.

UBW requires more thinking than Zero? Nice joke, you blame me for not thinking and then you give 6 to EoE because you didn't understand it, that's a bit hypocritic in my opinion.

It's really not a matter of hypocrisy though .

I really didn't care much for the other Evangelion series and Evangelion itself is something that has a reputation of being slightly convoluted .I'm not in the mood to actually try and decode it and so I don't . I accept that I don't (as of now at least) and I don't throw any insults towards Evangelion .

UBW requires more thinking than Zero because you need to actually analyse character motivations by yourself .You can't look only skin deep and then complain .It didn't have the time or luxury of explaining everything out to people when It already made character motivations clear .The fact that you don't understand this is already in fact a point against your claim .Many things look like asspulls to you but character traits introduced by the anime explain everything thoroughly if you look into them .As far as I'm concerned there's only one asspull in UBW and it's a dodgy affair tbh .

I'm not even blaming you .Whether you understood the story or not is up to you and so I never really said anything directly to you .But still I suppose UBW could have been more streamlined in delivering its message .I saw your post earlier but I didn't reply and I only said something about you when explaining something to Tenshi Shura .You have the right to be disappointed .And besides if I wanted to explain stuff to you we'd be here all day .

Your reaction towards it is something I've come across more than once tbh .Many times by people who took what they saw at face value .That you call his ideal ''bad'' is just another common trait you share .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 11, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2015
Definitely Corpse Party: Tortured Souls. Was expecting something dark and serious. Just another cliche filled gore-house attempting to be horror.
I'm Just A Small Fry
Mar 11, 2016 11:35 PM

Mar 2016
Shingeki no Kyojin
-I didn't hate SnK, but I was expecting it to be a lot better. My primary issue is the characters, they all felt so one-dimensional to me, I found it hard to really care about any of them.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
-Can be fairly funny, but I found the romance to be just so "meh". I didn't find the characters all that interesting or memorable either.

Itazura na Kiss
-The romance was fairly lack-luster, & the main male was an uncaring jerk till the very end.

Another
-The first few episodes hooked me, but as it progressed it seemed to be getting stupider & stupider. Then the ending happened...it was all just so stupid. Another was a major disappointment for me to say the least.

Natsuyuki Rendevous
-Started off alright then
It became rather stupid & rushed after that point. I didn't hate this show but overall I found it to be a disappointment.

Himouto! Umaru-chan
-I didn't hate this, but was expecting it to be much funnier considering the hype surrounding it.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
-Didn't find it all that funny, & I thought the main girl was annoying.
GlitchytronicsMar 11, 2016 11:45 PM
Mar 11, 2016 11:50 PM
Feb 2016
Definitely Rosario to Vampire. I cannot emphasize just how much the manga was better than the anime. Everyone in that community is in unanimous agreement that the show needs to be rebooted entirely.
WAGAAAAAH!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2016 12:02 AM
Jul 2011
All animation that Westerner made are disappointed and trash.
I don't want to watch those.
Contrary to expectations, anime is amazing!!
Story, character design, background etc are wonderful.
I will continue to watch anime for a long time.
Mar 12, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2015
Stevoreno said:
Definitely Rosario to Vampire. I cannot emphasize just how much the manga was better than the anime. Everyone in that community is in unanimous agreement that the show needs to be rebooted entirely.

If somebody remakes Rosario+Vampire and Pandora Hearts faithfully to the source, I'll be the happiest weebo, otaku, anime lover, whatever you want to call me in the history of ever.

That Rosario adaptation was an abomination to the original manga (though I admit the first season was somewhat decent/not that bad, and I'd probably enjoy both seasons more if they were an original anime instead of an adaptation of a manga I absolutely love).
Mar 12, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
Tokyo ghoul definitely, where there's some poor animation and the story didn't follow up the manga

Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu!
Mar 12, 2016 2:19 PM
Jan 2016
Toradora
Hunter X hunter 2011
Tonari no kaibutsu-kun
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Simping for anime/manga creators. Do you do it? How do you do it?

Catalano - May 14

29 by WaffleMaster89 »»
2 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 12 hours ago

28 by Anjuro »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - Today

35 by WaffleMaster89 »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - Yesterday

45 by WaffleMaster89 »»
16 minutes ago

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - 1 hour ago

3 by Blackfire2340 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.