Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
Rem waifu of the year.
Aug 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2013
oh man he is alive thank god and they finally won hat an epic battle
Aug 21, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2016
I'm pretty surprised nobody is expressing explicit relief or sadness, that rem has been effectively shafted, for what seems to be the final battle against the witch cult.

Personally i'm on the side of relief, since I think a new checkpoint with lasting effects is coming closer.
Aug 21, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
I'm pretty surprised nobody is expressing explicit relief or sadness, that rem has been effectively shafted, for what seems to be the final battle against the witch cult.

Personally i'm on the side of relief, since I think a new checkpoint with lasting effects is coming closer.

Well, I'm feeling nervous and also pumped, but I did kinda read spoilers of what's gonna happen. That or I just feel too giddy and happy that I'm not properly thinking of the next upcoming shitstorm.
Aug 21, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I'm feeling nervous and also pumped, but I did kinda read spoilers of what's gonna happen. That or I just feel too giddy and happy that I'm not properly thinking of the next upcoming shitstorm.[/quote]

Understandable, I was so happy and giddy that I was being about as annoying as subaru. I was telling all the people around me about the greatness I have just witnessed, regardless of whether they were into anime or not :)
Aug 21, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Well, I'm feeling nervous and also pumped, but I did kinda read spoilers of what's gonna happen. That or I just feel too giddy and happy that I'm not properly thinking of the next upcoming shitstorm.

Understandable, I was so feeling giddy and happy that I was being about as annoying as subaru. I was telling all the people around me about the greatness I have just witnessed, regardless of whether they were into anime or not :)[/quote]

Those people are fools to the greatness that is arc 3 of Re: Zero! But in all honesty, I do kinda feel bad for them, since Re: Zero just keeps getting...not epic in scale, I'd say, but rather, even more freaking awesome.

I mean, the story's gone from a dumb underdog screwing around, trying to get by, to a dumb underdog learning that he's got to stop being an idiot, man up, and go out and save all his friends.
Aug 21, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2016
Every episode feels like 5 minutes, it's so sad. It has been a while since I enjoyed a show so much, anyway great episode. Rem shining as usual and Subaru trying his best against the whale.

4/5
Aug 21, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
From the beginning i was expecting Subaru to die again due to the other two whales that appeared but it was a nice surprise that he didn’t pass away and actually managed to help a lot in the fight so the old man could finally accomplish his goal of killing the Physeter. Now with an army at his disposal they are going to kick the cultist’s butts and save Emilia.
Aug 21, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
I kinda feel self conscious in calling subaru dumb after this episode. I didn't think of the whale simply dividing itself, or dropping the great tree on it.

The most beautiful thing about this arc in particular, in my personal opinion, is how sentences that represent a great deal of emotion, are continuously repeated in just the right scenes.

Examples of these are: You are truly slothful
: I am as fanatical as a demon
:I'll become a hero (It's not about being a hero, but about being the best person he can be for Rem)
Aug 21, 2016 4:11 PM

Jun 2016
Finally, white shit monster is dead.
Everyone did a great job, including Subaru. And did anyone notice, of a witch getting closer and closer to Subaru everytime he freezes the time?
Wilhelm and Theresia <3
Aug 21, 2016 4:11 PM

Nov 2015
Damn it, I ship Rem x Subaru so hard! I was giggling like a girl and going crazy with Subaru and Rem in that scene! The majority the public and even studio White Fox want it as well! The author should give the public majority what they want want and that's Rem x Subaru! I don't care if it's own story, this shipping is objective! It's a fact and no one should get it wrong! I'm rooting for this ship all the way!
Aug 21, 2016 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
Mentar said:
0I don't know how I'm supposed to rate this episode. Fairly early on I made the decision to watch this episode like a Pierce Brosnan Bond movie, which was a good one. Otherwise it would have boggled my mind

1- that the same Subaru who was so broken that he wanted to flee 1 day earlier now turns into Narwhale-horn-rider in the air to be pulled to safety _downwards_ (Isaac Newton spins in his grave with 2372 RPM)
2- to endure Wilhelm's dramatic reappearance (never seen a more predictable surprise)
3- marvel at Subaru's "wager" (repeating the aggro increase yet again halved its impact)
4- watch Wilhelm kill the whale by conveniently cutting a mega-sized tree which was conveniently around and conveniently fell on it just at the right moment
5- see Subaru's victory laps with Crusch while the Cultists have been running riot _right after_ the Whale chase in the last iteration (shouldn't Subaru be frantic to rescue Emilia instead?)
6- see Rem spew nonsense like "After this, you'll still keep me by your side" (Why the hell shouldn't he? This primitive wish fulfilment insert really ruined the otherwise beautiful scene for me)
7- watch how conveniently the "merchant information network" figured out the Cultist plans and conveniently preempted things

8Essentially, the author doesn't even bother to uphold the pretense of developing a logical mystery storyline anymore (which I believed he did in the earlier episodes), this was a firework of BS just at the convenient time to please the viewer. So as a viewer, if you turn off the brain, this was a reasonably entertaining episode. At the same time, I find it harder and harder to take this show seriously. Which makes me sad, honestly. I thought it had more solid foundations than THAT, and in the first two arcs, it sure did. THIS current mishmash is Bond-movie stupid.

0) Pfft. Spare me that.
1) If you understood Subaru, you'd know that he breaks mostly due to lack of hope. But in the battle he had everything going for him. It's only natural that he tries his best, and that he doesn't let weakness overcome him. Remember that he's prideful.
2) Perhaps I didn't like Wilhelm's scream much. The way he appeared was fine except for this.
3) It didn't to me. It seemed to have been better animated and directed than before. It was even better.
4) Them cutting such a colossal tree was a bit a stretch to me. Fire wouldn't work well in the cutting. It'd be Crusch's sword ability that'd be the most effective. But it falling on the whale? It was fine. It's colossal. Covers plenty of space.
5) Subaru's enjoying his moment. He keeps his worries in check. There are formalities that should be dealt with there. He's to talk with the others. It'd make no sense for him to simply forget everything that just happened and only focus his thoughts on the cultists.
6) ... Did you even understand what she meant? She meant that even after solving these issues [after she's been of more use], "Will you still keep me by your side, Subaru?" Subaru: "Yes." Otherwise? They could not remain as close, because he could not need Rem as much [in between problems], and because we know he loves Emilia. But she makes it clear that she wants to keep following him close, and not simply return to their standard position of before... At episode 18 she confessed to him and encouraged him. But you know? Subaru knew she could be in love with him already. He wasn't surprised when she said she loved him, right? She knew he was, too. But she wanted to express it even so. She expected the answer he gave in episode 18. That episode served to make things clear. But she did it mostly for him. She didn't expect him to burden himself for her. But at this episode she feared distancing herself from him, so she told him.
7) No problem with this. Many were already expecting something like the cult attacking. Merchants are dealers with many connections with important people. It's logical for them to possess more information. We've been shown what Anastasia excels at. Ricardo serves under her. When he said 'merchants', he was referring to Anastasia's (their) trade.

8) It was all pretty much logical, except for the tree's cutting. You're making it out to be what it isn't. So this is all you could get from rummaging? It's to be expected, as there wasn't much in the first place.
Aug 21, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2016
srafayms said:
Everyone did a great job, including Subaru. And did anyone notice, of a witch getting closer and closer to Subaru everytime he freezes the time?
Wilhelm and Theresia <3

Yeah, I've noticed. I think the Witch has finally been a bit fed up with Subaru abusing her power. It'd be awesome if at some point, she had a conversation with him.
Aug 21, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 2016
Rehls said:
Mentar said:
0I don't know how I'm supposed to rate this episode. Fairly early on I made the decision to watch this episode like a Pierce Brosnan Bond movie, which was a good one. Otherwise it would have boggled my mind

1- that the same Subaru who was so broken that he wanted to flee 1 day earlier now turns into Narwhale-horn-rider in the air to be pulled to safety _downwards_ (Isaac Newton spins in his grave with 2372 RPM)
2- to endure Wilhelm's dramatic reappearance (never seen a more predictable surprise)
3- marvel at Subaru's "wager" (repeating the aggro increase yet again halved its impact)
4- watch Wilhelm kill the whale by conveniently cutting a mega-sized tree which was conveniently around and conveniently fell on it just at the right moment
5- see Subaru's victory laps with Crusch while the Cultists have been running riot _right after_ the Whale chase in the last iteration (shouldn't Subaru be frantic to rescue Emilia instead?)
6- see Rem spew nonsense like "After this, you'll still keep me by your side" (Why the hell shouldn't he? This primitive wish fulfilment insert really ruined the otherwise beautiful scene for me)
7- watch how conveniently the "merchant information network" figured out the Cultist plans and conveniently preempted things

8Essentially, the author doesn't even bother to uphold the pretense of developing a logical mystery storyline anymore (which I believed he did in the earlier episodes), this was a firework of BS just at the convenient time to please the viewer. So as a viewer, if you turn off the brain, this was a reasonably entertaining episode. At the same time, I find it harder and harder to take this show seriously. Which makes me sad, honestly. I thought it had more solid foundations than THAT, and in the first two arcs, it sure did. THIS current mishmash is Bond-movie stupid.

0) Pfft. Spare me that.
1) If you understood Subaru, you'd know that he breaks mostly due to lack of hope. But in the battle he had everything going for him. It's only natural that he tries his best, and that he doesn't let weakness overcome him. Remember that he's prideful.
2) Perhaps I didn't like Wilhelm's scream much. The way he appeared was fine except for this.
3) It didn't to me. It seemed to have been better animated and directed than before. It was even better.
4) Them cutting such a colossal tree was a bit a stretch to me. Fire wouldn't work well in the cutting. It'd be Crusch's sword ability that'd be the most effective. But it falling on the whale? It was fine. It's colossal. Covers plenty of space.
5) Subaru's enjoying his moment. He keeps his worries in check. There are formalities that should be dealt with there. He's to talk with the others. It'd make no sense for him to simply forget everything that just happened and only focus his thoughts on the cultists.
6) ... Did you even understand what she meant? She meant that even after solving these issues [after she's been of more use], "Will you still keep me by your side, Subaru?" Subaru: "Yes." Otherwise? They could not remain as close, because he could not need Rem as much [in between problems], and because we know he loves Emilia. But she makes it clear that she wants to keep following him close, and not simply return to their standard position of before... At episode 18 she confessed to him and encouraged him. But you know? Subaru knew she could be in love with him already. He wasn't surprised when she said she loved him, right? She knew he was, too. But she wanted to express it even so. She expected the answer he gave in episode 18. That episode served to make things clear. But she did it mostly for him. She didn't expect him to burden himself for her. But at this episode she feared distancing herself from him, so she told him.
7) No problem with this. Many were already expecting something like the cult attacking. Merchants are dealers with many connections with important people. It's logical for them to possess more information. We've been shown what Anastasia excels at. Ricardo serves under her. When he said 'merchants', he was referring to Anastasia's (their) trade.

8) It was all pretty much logical, except for the tree's cutting. You're making it out to be what it isn't. So this is all you could get from rummaging? It's to be expected, as there wasn't much in the first place.

Yeah, I'm really confused about Mentar's opinion now. Not angry. Just confused.
Aug 21, 2016 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Loved this episode, btw! To me it was much better than the previous one. Animation and directing were well done. The whale moved a lot this time. Not only but there were multiple ones.
Aug 21, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was just very beautiful. Crusch is an amazing character, and I love how she finds way to boost morale in the middle of the battle. The previous lives before this was quite a dread, but the characterization resulting from it is very satisfying. Wilhelm's backstory was rather adorable, too. But based on what I've seen this episode, Wilhelm never got to personally tell Theresia the words I love you, which is truly sad. Glad he got his revenge.
Aug 21, 2016 4:26 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
srafayms said:
Wilhelm and Theresia <3

Yeah, I've noticed. I think the Witch has finally been a bit fed up with Subaru abusing her power. It'd be awesome if at some point, she had a conversation with him.

Have we established what she said this time around? Last episode it was probably Ai shiteru ( I love you) based on the lip flaps.

I also doubt she's fed up with Subaru abusing her powers. I think she's fine with it, so long as she knows he isn't REALLY planning on spilling his guts to someone.

The witch's miasma is being called love by the cultists. Therefore I think it's plausible that there is a certain amount of two-directional ''love'', between Satella and the recipents of her powers.

''love'' because Satella allegedly can't love according to Beako.
VerifaxAug 21, 2016 4:30 PM
Aug 21, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Have we established what she said this time around? Last episode it was probably Ai shiteru ( I love you) based on the lip flaps.

I also doubt she's fed up with Subaru abusing her powers. I think she's fine with it, so long as she knows he isn't REALLY planning on spilling his guts to someone.

The witch's miasma is being called love by the cultists. Therefore I think it's plausible that there is a certain amount of two-directional love, between Satella and the recipents of her powers.

Okay, maybe not fed up, but more like, "Ohoho, you're getting the hang of them, do you, love?"

I disagree about the miasma being some form of love according to the cultists, more specifically, Beetlejuice. I think he's just bat-shit crazy.
Aug 21, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
I may have missed it but why can Wilhem remember Theresia?
Aug 21, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2016
KuraiTomu said:

Uh, because she was most likely killed normally by the whale? It's the fog thing that erases peoples' existence. Thing can easily kill you by swallowing you or something.
Aug 21, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was a happy ending finally. So time for more despair I bet.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 21, 2016 4:33 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know why people try so hard to hate on this show.
I've seen plenty, that shouldn't be rated above 2 yet it has 7+ score.
But i guess, every popular show draws out the trolls from their caves.

As for this episode.
Everything was more than okay, the battle finally concluded, and tbh i really didn't expect that they will use the tree. Rem still super cute, and boy, Subarus expression towards the end when he noticed the dude, was priceless.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 21, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Molandero said:
KISS... KISS ALREADY OH MY FVCKING GOOOD.. JUST KISS HER ALREADY U FVKING DUMB SUBARU!!

Yeah, this pretty much summarizes my feelings in the post-battle scene.
What does a head bump even symbolize?
Aug 21, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing episode! WF continues be so good to this series, even if there somethings I wish they could have expanded a bit more. But as an adaptation it's so on point 98% of the time.

shiraha said:
Mike4992 said:

He still sucks though. Seriously, this guy rejected Rem for fucking Emilia. He might have even died again in the episode because he said that the whale was a reason that Rem died hundreds of times.
But yes, I can agree with you at some degree that he has in fact become a better man.

Lol did you know that rem is portrayed as very devoted to subaru? the same as subaru that is very devoted to emilia, yet rem get high praises, while subaru got cursed by all rem fans, double standard much?

Pretty much. The parallel will be even more obvious if season 2 gets announced. heh

Jun 2015
omg , i felt so many emotions in this episodes!
There's no way people can say that this episode was bad right? right?
i mean come on! that scene where Wilhelm was slashing that whale while getting those flashbacks. Crusch is a really good character , i really like her(I honestly think she'd make a great ruler)
oh and at this point , i think Ream is the main heroine...

Sep 2013
Tomorix said:
Rance-sama said:
This kills the emiliafags

Thanks for the new computer wallpaper, stranger <3

Does anyone have a higher resolution copy?
Aug 21, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2014
KuraiTomu said:

I don't think she was ever forgotten.
Aug 21, 2016 4:38 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

The witch's miasma is being called love by the cultists. Therefore I think it's plausible that there is a certain amount of two-directional love, between Satella and the recipents of her powers.

Okay, maybe not fed up, but more like, "Ohoho, you're getting the hang of them, do you, love?"

I disagree about the miasma being some form of love according to the cultists, more specifically, Beetlejuice. I think he's just bat-shit crazy.

Subaru is without a doubt getting the hang of the witch's power. Him being able to see Beetlegeuse's arms, and smelling worse after every use of the witch's power, are testament to that.

I've also read that in the first Light novel the reason Subaru didn't figure out RBD after dying once, was because the connection between him and the witch was weak. And his memories of his prior life were therefore disorientated, as you can also see in the first episode.

And yes, you are right, trusting Beetlejuice is not the smartest thing to do. But regardless of his insanity, he stated in episode 15 that he doesn't pay others heed. It's also showed that he is actually quite good at reading people since he calls Subaru out in like 30 seconds. Therefore he is hinted to be both smart and honest. This leads me to believe that at the very least he wouldn't lie.

That doesn't exclude the fact that his understanding of ''love'' as you alluded to, can be messed up though.
Aug 21, 2016 4:39 PM
Aug 2015
Subaru we all know you're in denial.
I want more lovey dovey shit between Subaru and Rem.
Did he just say my #1 and #2? immafighthim
Aug 21, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
KuraiTomu said:

Back in episode 20, Wilhelm started doubting whether the White Whale was even capable of killing her after having fought against the White Whale for a bit himself. It would imply that perhaps it wasn't the White Whale that did her in, bur rather something/someone else.
Aug 21, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
Hongu said:
Also, the return of Julius! Judging by Subaru's face, I guess he's gonna go full autism mode again. Please for the love of god Subaru, just ease up. You've actually been likable lately, don't immediately throw it all down the drain.

My thoughts exactly. Please, anything but the autistic Subaru. xD
I swear to god, if they make him revert a step back and once again become an annoying shit that makes me cringe every few seconds, I'll be so disappointed. Luckily I doubt that's going to happen, considering his strong development for the past few eps.
Aug 21, 2016 4:42 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Subaru is without a doubt getting the hang of the witch's power. Him being able to see Beetlegeuse's arms, and smelling worse after every use of the witch's power, are testament to that.

I've also read that in the first Light novel the reason Subaru didn't figure out RBD after dying once, was because the connection between him and the witch was weak. And his memories of his prior life were therefore disorientated, as you can also see in the first episode.

And yes, you are right, trusting Beetlejuice is not the smartest thing to do. But regardless of his insanity, he stated in episode 15 that he doesn't pay others heed. It's also showed that he is actually quite good at reading people since he calls Subaru out in like 30 seconds. Therefore he is hinted to be both smart and honest. This leads me to believe that at the very least he wouldn't lie.

That doesn't exclude the fact that his understanding of ''love'' as you alluded to, can be messed up though.

Ah, but that's in the light novel. However, maybe it actually was hinted at in the anime that Subaru at first has some vague memories of his previous loop. DEFINETELY gonna rewatch this anime when it's dubbed. I just pray to GOD that it isn't Funimation (Great voice actors, but reusing the same ones gets tiring)
Aug 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

Ah, but that's in the light novel. However, maybe it actually was hinted at in the anime that Subaru at first has some vague memories of his previous loop. DEFINETELY gonna rewatch this anime when it's dubbed. I just pray to GOD that it isn't Funimation (Great voice actors, but reusing the same ones gets tiring)

Rewatching should be quite the joy. To pique your interest some more, remember the scene where Roswaal flies off? The stilts and the camera used in that scene hint towards something we don't know yet. I also figured that it might have something more to do with what Beatrice said about Roswaal, after Subaru asked her to kill him in episode 18.

As for Dub, I pity the soul who plays the Role of Subaru. Mad props to the greatness of the female voice actors, but Subaru's va is doing great in portraying our main character.
Aug 21, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Tetimaru said:
What does a head bump even symbolize

More like they approximated their foreheads... The intent was to rest and comfort each other. It should've symbolized 'to share thoughts, as if two were one.'
Aug 21, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was full of win. It was great how they handled the tansitions between the flashbacks and the final attack.

Also some of Rem's lines got me laughing so hard in a good way.

The only thing that felt a bit off was her leaving because of her injuries. I mean she has superior healing powers and Felix was also there. I really don't see any need for her leaving the group.
Aug 21, 2016 4:57 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

Rewatching should be quite the joy. To pique your interest some more, remember the scene where Roswaal flies off? The stilts and the camera used in that scene hint towards something we don't know yet. I also figured that it might have something more to do with what Beatrice said about Roswaal, after Subaru asked her to kill him in episode 18.

As for Dub, I pity the soul who plays the Role of Subaru. Mad props to the greatness of the female voice actors, but Subaru's va is doing great in portraying our main character.

Fun fact: Subaru's voice actor's acting in ep 8 was apparently so damn good that after recording the staff didn't speak to him for a small while.
Aug 21, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2016
Sury said:
This episode was full of win. It was great how they handled the tansitions between the flashbacks and the final attack.

Also some of Rem's lines got me laughing so hard in a good way.

The only thing that felt a bit off was her leaving because of her injuries. I mean she has superior healing powers and Felix was also there. I really don't see any need for her leaving the group.

Eh, doesn't feel that off, she's just out of mana after having created a LOT of ice.
Therefore, just like Subaru's gate, she's spent.

Narratively our Rem is finally safe, and we can concentrate some of our attention on other characters.
Aug 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Jul 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Verifax said:

Fun fact: Subaru's voice actor's acting in ep 8 was apparently so damn good that after recording the staff didn't speak to him for a small while.

I remember reading about that yea, I think only Puck's Voice actrice kept talking to him afterwards :). I'm glad he's truly bringing out what I imagined Subaru would be like based on appearance. An emotional jackass, but a good kid nonetheless.
Aug 21, 2016 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Verifax said:

Hazy memories... Yeah people should've noticed it when it was being discussed about. But they couldn't figure out the reason why at the time. We were saying that it was because Subaru's mind didn't want to acknowledge something so traumatic.
Aug 21, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2016
Rehls said:
Verifax said:

Hazy memories... Yeah people should've noticed it when it was being discussed about. But they couldn't figure out the reason why at the time. We were saying that it was because Subaru's mind didn't want to acknowledge something so traumatic.

Like most skeptics, myself included at that point, we figured Subaru was just stupid at that point :) Personally I observed that trauma was brought up as a reason for Subaru's failings more often, when episodes featured the effects of trauma.
Aug 21, 2016 5:07 PM

Feb 2014
Im wondering if there will be any repurcussions from cutting down the freakin world tree. That shit was massive i wouldnt be surprised if it had ties to the mana throughout the country
Around and around the cycle goes.
Aug 21, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
Really ? A Thread without many troll post or even a post with buzzwords ? Thank's God :-;

Btw yeah one of the best episode in the series. Great transition , awesome background art . And Subaru really have great development. About how he faces change after seeing Julius, well I will just waiting for what happens in next episode.
Aug 21, 2016 5:12 PM

Jul 2016
19Pyro90 said:
Im wondering if there will be any repurcussions from cutting down the freakin world tree. That shit was massive i wouldnt be surprised if it had ties to the mana throughout the country

Real talk: The opening ends with Emilia at the end standing near this bigass tree right? If this is ''Literal'' foreshadowing, that means there MUST be a reset. Because the tree is still standing in the opening.

And I share your doubts on whether cutting down a holy? tree, has no repercussions
Aug 21, 2016 5:13 PM

Apr 2016
dat look on subaru's face at the end thou..I would love to see more cringe from him next ep..XD
anyway..this episode was good..mostly because they excuted the fight scenes verry well with some epic OSTs.

wait..at what point sending HALF of the mercenary team just to block a gooddamn road instead of having them help with fighting a fucking giant whale sounded like a good idea..?
Aug 21, 2016 5:14 PM
Jul 2016
Verifax said:
Buck_Wade said:

I remember reading about that yea, I think only Puck's Voice actrice kept talking to him afterwards :). I'm glad he's truly bringing out what I imagined Subaru would be like based on appearance. An emotional jackass, but a good kid nonetheless.

That's the thing that freakin frustrates with all the fictional stories I've watched/read :We NEVER get a protagonist who is genuinely good, but has genuinely despecible sides to them like normal. They're either like:

Light Yagami( Death Note): A corrupt psychopath who is arguably despicable.
Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion): A good kid with issues that you can't hate him for.
Guts (Berserk): An antihero who blurs between good and evil.
Aug 21, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2015
No no no, Subaru. STOP. I really hope he doesn't go all angst psychotic again! He was being so perfect, the episode was so perfect! If he loses his shit AGAIN with Julius I am gonna be severely pissed off.

Also, damn RemXSubaru teasing. Unfortunately, according to the rules of anime, Rem doesn't have a chance of ever being the main love interest despite how plain Emilia is :/
Aug 21, 2016 5:15 PM

Nov 2015
From reddit: satella calling him out on his BS

Aug 21, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
@PukingMachines

Well noted. Lol!
Aug 21, 2016 5:17 PM

Jul 2016
BlueAvatar said:
dat look on subaru's face at the end thou..I would love to see more cringe from him next ep..XD
anyway..this episode was good..mostly because they excuted the fight scenes verry well with some epic OSTs.

wait..at what point sending HALF of the mercenary team just to block a gooddamn road instead of having them help with fighting a fucking giant whale sounded like a good idea..?

Well, they figured they could get an easier kill on the White whale. By grounding it after giving it their ALL out attack. The army also expressed surprise in both episodes, that the whale was stronger then expected. (Well except Wilhelm I guess)

The mercenary team knew about the witch's cult being active around these parts. If they intervened in this battle, it would've had disastrous results.

Therefore splitting a sizeable force to deal with the Witch's cult, is smart imo.
Aug 21, 2016 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
Tetimaru said:
Tomorix said:

Thanks for the new computer wallpaper, stranger <3

Does anyone have a higher resolution copy?

Is this better for you?
Around and around the cycle goes.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

539 by ionelHeredia »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.