Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think gives Anime a bad rep to the general public

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 9, 2016 3:37 AM
Nov 2009
If they are young they are all bad. The age of consent in Japan is 13 and the culture is incredibly different which is why it isn't a problem here like it is overseas and it panders to a large audience of Japanese people who have some of the lowest sex rates in the world. But it, along with a lot of the fans attitudes, are entirely the reason people are putt off from anime
I am me, we are we
Jul 9, 2016 3:38 AM

Nov 2012
Kikuchi_love said:
animezinghayden said:
@Kikuchi_love Thank you, I was blasted today for sharing that same opinion, each season there are probably at max 5 good shows and the rest will be about little girls and panty shots or contain little girls and panty shots

Glad to see someone with the same opinion! People are saying that sexualization in anime isn't bad but when the most sexy characters in anime are 16y/o schoolgirls who look like 12y/o I think is undoubtedly bad. You can't compare that with the supposed "fanservice for females" whose characters are mostly grown up men.

The age of consent is 13 in Japan jsyk, and "looking like a 12 year old" is extremely subjective imo, to me most characters look like they belong in the 15-20 range.
Jul 9, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
Kikuchi_love said:

Glad to see someone with the same opinion! People are saying that sexualization in anime isn't bad but when the most sexy characters in anime are 16y/o schoolgirls who look like 12y/o I think is undoubtedly bad. You can't compare that with the supposed "fanservice for females" whose characters are mostly grown up men.

let me guess
sexualise girls is bad but sexualise guys is not bad?
look at all those fujoshit this summer ....

Sexualize LITTLE GIRLS is bad. Most of this anime girls look like...girls. Little girls. I'm not talking just about their boob size, but their childish faces.
Is not so common to sexualize boys, so I don't think that's a main problem in anime. General public don't know anime for sexualizing little boys. Of course is bad too, but can you tell me at least 10 animes plenty of sexualized boys? And I'm not counting hentai, so don't name boku no pico. Even if you count it, it's one title vs thousands of hentai about raped schoolgirls, so...

And by fujobait you mean reverse harem or spokon? That's a little sexist don't you think? I mean, we have TONS of harem and ecchi every season, and an anime plenty of male characters ISN'T a gay show. You can't compare an anime with male main characters doing their daily life with an anime with boobs and seminude 15y/o girls every 3 minutes.

And reverse harem are NOT homosexual stories,fyi, and at least most of the characters don't look like little kids. That's the main problem with ecchi and plenty female characters anime in general. They're supposed to look pure and innocent, and that's really creepy.

I like every kind of romance but I'm not into shipping every male character just because yes. So for me that 'fujobait' you named isn't even fanservice. But even it was, you can't compare to sexualize schoolgirls with watching 2 adult men kissing, and in this case they DON'T even do that, because there isn't any yaoi anime this season. And this topic about fanservice is already discussed thousand times. So bye.
Jul 9, 2016 4:12 AM

Oct 2013
SuperRed said:
Kikuchi_love said:

The age of consent is 13 in Japan jsyk, and "looking like a 12 year old" is extremely subjective imo, to me most characters look like they belong in the 15-20 range.

I'm not saying that's illegal or something. I don't care about the age consent because is different in every country.
What I'm saying is that the main target in for example an idol anime is adult men, which is creepy as fuck. Of course that kind of thing gives bad reputation to anime. That's the main topic!
Jul 9, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
@Kikuchi_love
im not defending sexualize little girls in anime , im definitely against it
but is not more disgusting than gay shows
both give anime a bad reputation
Jul 9, 2016 4:26 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
@Kikuchi_love
im not defending sexualize little girls in anime , im definitely against it
but is not more disgusting than gay shows
both give anime a bad reputation

Are you homophobic?

I'm asking because I don't like the fact that homosexuality is a kind of fetish in Japan. But for me yaoi or yuri anime is just romance anime just like heterosexual romance anime. I don't like cliches though.
Jul 9, 2016 4:26 AM
Nov 2009
Wow @tragedydesu that was a super weird and homophobic comment. Whilst I have no interest in shows that have gay couples in it, and can't really comment having never watched anyway, to say that exploiting the physique of little girls sexually is as disgusting as watching two grown men kiss is fucked up. At least they're are shown as consenting adults, Jesus Christ that got dark quick
I am me, we are we
Jul 9, 2016 4:36 AM

Sep 2013
Probably the ecchi, hentai and loli shit, combined or not... ew.
Jul 9, 2016 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
@Kikuchi_love
dont know , maybe im
i watched 2 reverse harems and i ended dropping them quickly
anyway , all i want to say
if you like reverse harems you automatically lost the right to bash harems
if you like when they sexualise male characters you automatically lost the right to bash any anime that sexualize girls

@animezinghayden
yeah for me both of them are disgusting in the same level
Jul 9, 2016 4:47 AM
Nov 2009
I respect that you at least don't Back track and just admit your homophobe I guess lol
I am me, we are we
Jul 9, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2015
animezinghayden said:
@TheBrainintheJar because the majority of sexualisation in Anime is geared at minors, young children, incest and the like. Which is obviously going to cause discomfort for a lot of people watching it.

I know the first post stated some exclusions but honestly the majority of it would be the fans themselves that put people off. Thats not always warranted and I think people who cosplay and the like have a lot of skill and passion for what they do and that's awesome, but I have met so many people who watch an anime and think that makes them an expert on Japan (something a lot of people dislike but is very common) and just they way people conduct themselves in public. I worked at a convention in Adelaide once and I was actually the guest handler for Spike Spencer (voiced shinji) and the dude is an actor and tbh he did a fantastic job because he was basically molested by a lot of the people there and it was super uncomfortable having to control people around him. Not to mention a lot of anime fans seem to live for anime and be very pretentious and have inflated egos about it, whereas if most people just watched the anime, enjoyed it and then carried on being normal humans beings the same as if they had just watched a new episode of lost or something, it would be different. Just my two cents but ive seen it back home and over here

Ever met soccer fans? GOT fans? They have just the same air of pretense. The difference is, their hobby is more limited (Professional soccer is one of the biggest wastes of time).

A lot of sexualization in anime is towards ages 16+. People have sex in that age.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 9, 2016 5:06 AM
Nov 2009
You have just said professional soccer is one of the biggest wastes of time but will then complain that maybe people who like soccer think anime is a waste of time. At least professional soccer doesn't sexualise minors. And no a lot of anime sexualise girls who wouldn't be more than ten years olds and its wrong
AnimezinghaydenJul 9, 2016 5:09 AM
I am me, we are we
Jul 9, 2016 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
@Kikuchi_love
dont know , maybe im
i watched 2 reverse harems and i ended dropping them quickly
anyway , all i want to say
if you like reverse harems you automatically lost the right to bash harems
if you like when they sexualise male characters you automatically lost the right to bash any anime that sexualize girls

@animezinghayden
yeah for me both of them are disgusting in the same level

So, are you saying that this

is the same than this??? because I don't think so

And I repeat myself, I don't have problem with women sexualization, because it's normal for men to feel atracted to WOMEN not girls...I'm not against fanservice, I'm just against THAT kind of fanservice! If you don't want to understand it let's just end this conversation because is meaningless.

And I don't understand how nowadays there are so many homophobic people...wow....putting in the same level homosexual love with sexualization of minors...okay...
Jul 9, 2016 8:55 AM
Aug 2015
What do you think gives Anime a bad rep to the general publi?

the fushigi fans
Jul 9, 2016 8:59 AM
Nov 2009
DoctorSexy said:
What do you think gives Anime a bad rep to the general publi?

the fushigi fans

The fans*
There that's better

- ps why the fuck do I need 30 characters to post is this fucking Twitter or some bullshit
I am me, we are we
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite thing about Anime? and what is the anime that does this thing the best?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

26 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Last 3 anime

JoeChip - 11 hours ago

33 by Animeinsight101 »»
6 minutes ago

» What's your favorite voice actor's most unconventional role? (The weirdest compared to there other roles)

TheBlockernator - 31 minutes ago

1 by melodyily »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you watch a gender swapped Rent-a-Girlfriend?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

26 by Alpha-Nine »»
15 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - Jun 18

40 by Taynix »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.