Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
iRels said:

What the. Don't you understand the word 'dangerous'? She's likely to cause injure to him, by INVOLVING HERSELF WITH HIM. She's involved in dangerous activities. Result? Subaru dies with her.

And Subaru is also likely to benefit from the fact she can use magic by the same measure, and that what has happened and continued to do so until doesn't.

Everyone in that mansion is dangerous. BECAUSE NONE OF THEM IS ORDINARY. THEY LIVE DANGEROUS LIVES. The difference is that they're prepared for it. Subaru wasn't. That's why he has to cheat.

Who the hell cares if they are ordinary or not? Nothing around him is including himself. That make him or anyone else inherently dangerous. The proof is that fact these people have been living among each other and common folk without incident.

You get it? No matter whether they're good or evil. Because they're not ordinary people. They don't let the guards handle the criminals. They do so instead.

The ordinary people don't fight. They let others fight for them. They live longer as result.

That's poor excuse and you know it. Unless you can prove otherwise without resorting to conjecture being unordinary is not a negative. All it means it that kinda of person is unusual. And people who can defend their selves will do so, the method doesn't matter.
Iron_MawJun 29, 2016 6:44 PM
Jun 29, 2016 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
pakyu said:

can you prove it to us?

That's just it. There is no way to tell where he would end up, unlike before. If it's back the mansion then it just make his situation worse since he can't artificially recreate the things that allowed him to solve it nor is he in right state of mind to do it. There also the fact that he hates dying and is always living under the fear of whether his respawns are limited or not.

my point is his statement doesnt have any proof
internet is a cruel mistress
Jun 29, 2016 6:48 PM

Mar 2010
pakyu said:
Jagd84 said:

That's just it. There is no way to tell where he would end up, unlike before. If it's back the mansion then it just make his situation worse since he can't artificially recreate the things that allowed him to solve it nor is he in right state of mind to do it. There also the fact that he hates dying and is always living under the fear of whether his respawns are limited or not.

my point is his statement doesnt have any proof

You're correct, but I don't think @Zk4 meant to say it was the as much as it highly likely that it is the case.
Jun 29, 2016 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
iRels said:

What the. Don't you understand the word 'dangerous'? She's likely to cause injure to him, by INVOLVING HERSELF WITH HIM. She's involved in dangerous activities. Result? Subaru dies with her.

And Subaru is also like to benefit from the fact she can use magic by the same measure. That was is what has happened and continued to do so.

Everyone in that mansion is dangerous. BECAUSE NONE OF THEM IS ORDINARY. THEY LIVE DANGEROUS LIVES. The difference is that they're prepared for it. Subaru wasn't. That's why he has to cheat.

Who the hell cares if they are ordinary or not? Nothing around him is including himself. That make him or anyone else inherently dangerous. The proof is that fact these people have been living among each other and common folk without incident.

You get it? No matter whether they're good or evil. Because they're not ordinary people. They don't let the guards handle the criminals. They do so instead.

The ordinary people don't fight. They let others fight for them. They live longer as result.

That's poor excuse and you know it. Unless you can prove otherwise without resorting to conjecture being unordinary is not a negative. All it means it that kinda of person is unusual.

Dude. You're delusional... How many times has Subaru died? What he is doing is incorrect. You don't be Subaru and succeed in life. It's been proven. He's failed several times. And will continue to.

The 'common folk' don't get involved. Like I said, they let others fight for them. The common folk were the villagers. They stayed in the village. Had they not, they'd have died.

In our world, we don't do the policeman's job. Alright? Subaru doesn't, either. In the real world, he played games. That's how he survived for so long.
Jun 29, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2014
Subaru pls start over again.

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfadsfasdfasdf
Jun 29, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2015
Oh thank god, I was worried Felt had changed her personality and everything when she was dragged into this. Subaru making a scene is something I've been waiting for. He acted pretty much how I expected him too. Can't wait too see Felt destroy everything as the new ruler.

Subaru needs to learn to control his emotions, like, I could feel how badly he messed up, especially with his expression when he got kicked out and that ending. I felt pretty bad watching him get wrecked, I mean he seriously got his butt kicked hard, but I feel it was definitely something he needed. I assume he will die next episode and will begin trying to get his crap together, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how things will go.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 29, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
pakyu said:

can you prove it to us?

if he dies and ended up in the mansion, is it safe to say that the events happened is not the right event? after his first death in the mansion, he did not end up in front of fruit seller.instead end up in mansion after he first met beatrice. i guess the events of them surviving elsa's attack is what supposed to happen. reinhard meeting felt, subaru almost died so that emilia will volunteer to bring him in the mansion.

IMO his last death proves that he is no longer bothered by his respawn count.
internet is a cruel mistress
Jun 29, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2010
iRels said:

Dude. You're delusional... How many times has Subaru died? What he is doing is incorrect. You don't be Subaru and succeed in life. It's been proven. He's failed several times. And will continue to.

None this have anything to do with his deaths nor did they have anything to be right or wrong about anything. He didn't die in first arc because Emilia was magic user, he died because he was killed by an assassin who came out of nowhere. He didn't die in first loop of the 2nd arc because he lived in the mansion, he died because some monster disguised as puppy never met randomly placed a curse on him when he was hanging out some kids. I have no idea what you're talking about here.

The 'common folk' don't get involved. Like I said, they let others fight for them. The common folk were the villagers. They stayed in the village. Had they not, they'd have died.

Where the hell are you going with this? Did you forget several children who had nothing to do Shaman were kidnapped? They only reason they survived was because Subaru and Rem rescued them. At least that's what happened in the show I watched.

In our world, we don't do the policeman's job. Alright? Subaru doesn't, either. In the real world, he played games. That's how he survived for so long.

This not modern earth. Policeman don't exist in this world. Here people carry their own weapons and defend themselves when necessary. Different culture, different rules, different circumstances, so bring up what police do somewhere else when the concept does not exist is utterly pointless and bizarre.
Iron_MawJun 29, 2016 8:35 PM
Jun 29, 2016 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
iRels said:

None this have anything to do with his deaths nor did they have anything to be right or wrong about anything. He didn't die in first arc because Emilia was magic user, he died because he was killed by an assassin who came out of nowhere. He didn't die in first loop of the 2nd arc because he lived in the mansion, he died because some monster disguised as puppy never met randomly placed a curse on him when he was hanging out some kids. I have no idea what you're talking about here.

He died because he involved himself in a dangerous activity. Same with the thugs. The puppy targeted the villagers. The village belonged to Roswaal. And c'mon, it's a village. It has less protection. It had no guards protecting it. What it had was the powerful flying magician Roswaal. But he's not always present. The town should be safer. It's been hinted that the dog was someone's puppet. And that someone was targeting Roswaal and the others. Because they carry importance.

iRels said:

Where the hell are you going with this? Did you forget several children who had nothing to do Shaman were kidnapped? They only reason they survived was because Subaru and Rem rescued them. At least that's what happened in the show I watched.

So what? They were supposed to die. But how convenient was it that those dogs have to curse them, right? Not just devour them. Now would the other villagers survive, had them been the ones dealing with the beasts? No. Would even Subaru survive, had the beasts actually harmed him? Someone attacked by a bunch of dobermans in real life, would not.

iRels said:

This not modern earth. Policeman don't exist in this world. Here people carry their own weapons and defend themselves when necessary. Different culture, different rules, different circumstances, so bring up what police do somewhere else when the concept does not exist is utterly pointless and bizarre.

Policemen exist. They're called knights. They always existed. There were always those who couldn't fight, and those who could. Fighter is a profession. If you don't practice, you don't become good. The common people have their work. They can't become as good. They'll always be weaker. Vulnerable. Inferior.
removed-userJun 29, 2016 9:16 PM
Jun 29, 2016 9:31 PM
Sep 2012
I'm just going to post this and this here.

The road to redemption for Subaru is going to be REALLY long, but it'll be so sweet once it happens.
Jun 30, 2016 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
I thought this was a pretty interesting episode, although the ending was a little difficult to watch. I dunno cringe humor works really well for me, but I kind of hate when dramatic scenes are cringey. Just not what I'm trying to watch. Still I thought this was an important scene, Subaru has been behaving erratically and while his behavior towards Emilia was cute and quirky at first I do think he's gotten kind of uncomfortable in the last few episodes. I honestly didn't expect the show to address this, like we were just supposed to accept it or something and I'm really impressed that it did. I'm sure he'll reconcile with Emilia, probably in the next episode or two (maybe overly optimistic there) but for now I think this will be good for him.

Not much else to say except Felt for President. Her speech was great and I think I'm starting to understand Reinhard's plan and it's pretty cool. Shame what another commenter said though that the other candidates also gave cool speeches in the LN because that sounds interesting.
Jun 30, 2016 12:53 AM
Jun 2016
I feel bad for Subaru. All he wanted were his efforts to be realized by the person he really cared about. Emilia-tan, in his eyes, is the most thoughtful person he knows, so I see why he thinks that she should understand. With little background of Subaru that we anime-only people know, he's a shut-in who spends all of his time wasting time. It seems like he has never done anything serious with his life. To be suddenly thrust into a position where he has to is tough. And after overcoming all of these obstacles with little to no overpowered methods, he feels betrayed that Emilia-tan actually doesn't have mutual feelings. I know how it feels to put your heart and soul into something, then have your close ones not understand your intentions and instead overlook all you have accomplished. I have been there. It hurts, and I have broken down exactly like Subaru did, thinking the same things he said.
Jun 30, 2016 1:21 AM
Jan 2016
i think this episode breaks all the cliche where the mc is so naive and tries to take on enemies tougher than himself then suddenly he power up and beat all the enemies but this episode shows that arrogance is nothing
Jun 30, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Emilia, she suffers a lot because she looks like the witch.
Felt kinda declared war to the city, if she wins she will destroy everything...
That part in the end of Subaru and Emilia was heartbreaking =/
Jun 30, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit this topic is still hot as hell, made it to 1k+ comments, wth people?
Jun 30, 2016 6:30 AM
Mar 2016
This is what I think about the scene where the ending song kicked in. I watched this episode first without audio. Subaru is portrayed really very creepy in that scene when I watched it without audio. Subaru looks and acts so creepy he looks like an evil backstabbing antagonist who lost to the protag to a fight and then begging the protag to forgive him by making the protag reminisce their good times like how the antag helped the protag. On the 22:55 mark, the visuals made Subaru look creepy. But when I turned on the audio the music brought me to feel for Subaru.
Music, aside from visuals, can really influence how we look at anime and feel about the person. But music hides how creepy Subaru is portrayed on the visuals.
Subaru is really creepy. If you put a creepy music there, It would be much more creepy. I would be happy for anyone to suggest creepy songs for me to use as background music for that scene. I would also be happy for somebody to watch that scene without audio and then share their experiences.
Jun 30, 2016 7:46 AM
Jun 2016
Bullshit.
I am really dissapointed by what WhiteFox has delivered.
The main characters are annoying and dumb af.
Emilia is the biggest shit in this shitpiece of art. She should rather be playing in some Hentai Incest series. Her whole personality is basically her shitty laughing.
Now to Subaru. He is just a whining little bitch who can't get his shit together.
Haters incoming...
Jun 30, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2015
EliteWatcherPro said:
Bullshit.
Emilia is the biggest shit in this shitpiece of art. She should rather be playing in some Hentai Incest series. Her whole personality is basically her shitty laughing.
Now to Subaru. He is just a whining little bitch who can't get his shit together.
Haters incoming...

What kind of post is this?
Emilia has literally done nothing fam.
Subaru is a cunt now obviously, but he's only suddenly become a cunt for two episodes.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 30, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
EliteWatcherPro said:

Dude what the fuck?
Jun 30, 2016 7:56 AM
Jun 2016
RainyRai said:
EliteWatcherPro said:
Bullshit.
Haters incoming...

Subaru is a cunt now obviously, but he's only suddenly become a cunt for two episodes.

I'm not your fam, bro
I am sorry that I disturbed ur feelings to Emilia. I just tried to cover some things from my perspective. But seriusly now... this is not even worth being called an anime. I think that everybody should have his own opinion and not be harassed for it.
Jun 30, 2016 7:57 AM
Jun 2016
Z4k said:
EliteWatcherPro said:

Dude what the fuck?

What is wrong..? ?
Jun 30, 2016 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:
EliteWatcherPro said:

Dude what the fuck?

I think he baited. He ended with 'haters incoming' not even having made an edit.
Jun 30, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2015
EliteWatcherPro said:
RainyRai said:

I'm not your fam, bro
I am sorry that I disturbed ur feelings to Emilia. I just tried to cover some things from my perspective. But seriusly now... this is not even worth being called an anime. I think that everybody should have his own opinion and not be harassed for it.

I don't like Emilia any more then I like a rock on the street, but she has physically nothing to her character other then "she's nice."
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 30, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
RainyRai said:
EliteWatcherPro said:

I'm not your fam, bro

I don't like Emilia any more then I like a rock on the street, but she has physically nothing to her character other then "she's nice."

Hey she's every of the related synonyms of 'kind'.
Jun 30, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
Cmon people that bait was clear as day, dont feed it.
Jun 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2011
EliteWatcherPro said:

iRels said:

RainyRaimessage=46711861 said:

Here we go again.

dfjfgdjtyujtjfty
Jun 30, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
QWERTYFish25 said:
EliteWatcherPro said:

RainyRain said:

iRels said:

Here we go again.

dfjfgdjtyujtjfty

Fixed it.
Mine counters both. It's just that they find it hard to see more in a character, when there's not much contrast in their personality. Emilia being so pure does not means she's hollow.
removed-userJun 30, 2016 10:07 AM
Jun 30, 2016 10:06 AM

Nov 2015
Omg Felt's speech was amazing lol. And Rom showing up was Surprising. I felt sad for Subaru, Emilia can't take it anymore.

Jun 30, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
iRels said:
Fixed it.
Mine counters both. It's just that they find it hard to see more in a character, when there's not much contrast in their personality. Emilia being so pure does not means she's hollow.

This is reasonable. I think she has a lot of potential, more than Subaru at least. Too bad they've pretty much tethered her with him. They're hell bent on keeping this "pure" shit up. Hence why I've seen a few calling her a bitch in the last episode since it's a big contrast from the usual angelic demeanor. But I know there's more to her, right?
Jun 30, 2016 10:21 AM

Mar 2010
iRels said:
Jagd84 said:

He died because he involved himself in a dangerous activity. Same with the thugs. The puppy targeted the villagers. The village belonged to Roswaal. And c'mon, it's a village. It has less protection. It had no guards protecting it. What it had was the powerful flying magician Roswaal. But he's not always present. The town should be safer. It's been hinted that the dog was someone's puppet. And that someone was targeting Roswaal and the others. Because they carry importance.

So what? They were supposed to die. But how convenient was it that those dogs have to curse them, right? Not just devour them. Now would the other villagers survive, had them been the ones dealing with the beasts? No. Would even Subaru survive, had the beasts actually harmed him? Someone attacked by a bunch of dobermans in real life, would not.

Policemen exist. They're called knights. They always existed. There were always those who couldn't fight, and those who could. Fighter is a profession. If you don't practice, you don't become good. The common people have their work. They can't become as good. They'll always be weaker. Vulnerable. Inferior.

Yeah, I'm done with this absurd discussion. You trying to tie blame for a series of unrelated incident, happenstances and special cirmcumstances that did involve mulitple people irregardless of whether the wanted to be there or not. Then you bring up stupid crap like how only policeman should only disputes despite the fact even IRL aren't involved every petty fight. Nevermind the fact as I mentioned we are looking at a completely different culture where people are allowed to walk around weapons in plain sight (which highlight already major difference in laws) which you ignore and you are now equating two fundementally different orgazations...

We gonna have agree to disagree here.

crx07 said:
This is what I think about the scene where the ending song kicked in. I watched this episode first without audio. Subaru is portrayed really very creepy in that scene when I watched it without audio. Subaru looks and acts so creepy he looks like an evil backstabbing antagonist who lost to the protag to a fight and then begging the protag to forgive him by making the protag reminisce their good times like how the antag helped the protag. On the 22:55 mark, the visuals made Subaru look creepy. But when I turned on the audio the music brought me to feel for Subaru.
Music, aside from visuals, can really influence how we look at anime and feel about the person. But music hides how creepy Subaru is portrayed on the visuals.
Subaru is really creepy. If you put a creepy music there, It would be much more creepy. I would be happy for anyone to suggest creepy songs for me to use as background music for that scene. I would also be happy for somebody to watch that scene without audio and then share their experiences.

Or you can just read the manga to do that. Besides that's silly, beacuse 1) you wouldn't randomly do this for any other scene up to this point. 2) anime is an audiovisual medium, it's animation are meant to be accompanyed by music to accenic or highlight the emotions in a scene unless intented otherwise.
Jun 30, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
QWERTYFish25 said:
iRels said:
Fixed it.

This is reasonable. I think she has a lot of potential, more than Subaru at least. Too bad they've pretty much tethered her with him. They're hell bent on keeping this "pure" shit up. Hence why I've seen a few calling her a bitch in the last episode since it's a big contrast from the usual angelic demeanor. But I know there's more to her, right?

Fappa made it sure. Issue was whether we'd see it.

In her profile, someone placed her mental age to be of 14. It's likely that she acts the way she does, more because something caused her to behave in her younger self. So she might've regressed somehow. She doesn't act very mature, if you think about it.

Jagd84 said:
iRels said:

Jagd84 said:
Yeah, I'm done with this absurd discussion. You trying to tie blame for a series of unrelated incident, happenstances and special cirmcumstances that did involve mulitple people irregardless of whether the wanted to be there or not.

What happened was because of the importance those characters Subaru involved himself with carry. How dense can you be? You're insisting too much. What Subaru went through is natural occurrence for Roswaal. He's used to it. But like I said, Subaru wasn't. He shouldn't have involved himself. Period.

Jagd84 said:
Then you bring up stupid crap like how only policeman should only disputes despite the fact even IRL aren't involved every petty fight.

'petty fight'? Dude. What Subaru went through isn't small. It involved murder. Civilians shouldn't get involved. They're unprepared. The show's proving that. Having Subaru fail. Don't you realize how ridiculous it is for Subaru to be granted an ability that makes him immortal? Get real.

Jagd84 said:
Nevermind the fact as I mentioned we are looking at a completely different culture where people are allowed to walk around weapons in plain sight (which highlight already major difference in laws) which you ignore and you are now equating two fundementally different orgazations...

In real life, people have rights to carry weapons. It's just the same. Doesn't means that everyone in that show is a fighter.

Those women weren't fighters. They screamed for help. One went to desperately, slap Subaru.

Jagd84 said:
We gonna have agree to disagree here.

You'd be disagreeing with the author of the show. As I share his view. It's fine if you're okay with it.
removed-userJun 30, 2016 10:45 AM
Jun 30, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2010
Man nothing you say is ever going to change the fact Emilia is not dangerous to anyone who isn't trying harm to her and not only has enough self-control on using her own powers, but other characters have even benefited from it. Her meeting and Subaru's is view as positive development in the story not idiocy. Your booigemaning is completely at odds with the show. At this point you just conflating the issue with others things that have nothing to do with it.
Iron_MawJun 30, 2016 10:56 AM
Jun 30, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
Man nothing you say is ever going to change the fact Emilia is not dangerous to anyone who isn't trying harm to her and not only has enough self-control on using her own powers, but other characters have even benefited from it. Her meeting and Subaru's is view as positive development in the story not idiocy. Your booigemaning is completely at odds with the show. At this point you just conflating the issue with others things that have nothing to do with it.

She attracts danger. It's that simple. It'd be fine if Subaru didn't involve himself so much with her. But he takes on her problems, instead.

All this time you've been denying what is considered common sense. Along with Subaru. In his place, you'd have died just like.
Jun 30, 2016 11:12 AM
Oct 2010
iRels said:
She attracts danger. It's that simple. It'd be fine if Subaru didn't involve himself so much with her. But he takes on her problems, instead
With Subaru stinking like the witch, and with there being powerful characters adverse to her who can detect said smell (or whatever it is), I say he would attract enough danger on his own.

If anything, aligning himself with someone powerful is best for him, with him being so weak. Running headfirst into danger instead of playing support is the real issue. There is little worse than an idiot with initiative.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 30, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
iRels said:
Jagd84 said:

She attracts danger. It's that simple. It'd be fine if Subaru didn't involve himself so much with her. But he takes on her problems, instead.

All this time you've been denying what is considered common sense. Along with Subaru. In his place, you'd have died just like.

Whether she attracts danger or makes little diffence because anything is dangerous in Subaru's situation. Does not mean he needs to become paranoid when it is not warrented. It doesn't change the fact that she saved him from danger, they spent a pleasent time afterwards devoid of incidents that lasted the entire day while helping each other out. Anything that happened afterwards was nothing either of them happening nor did it have anything to do with her bring a magic user. Frankly if anything if wasn't for her he would been dead before the loot house ever became relevant.
Iron_MawJun 30, 2016 11:35 AM
Jun 30, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
iRels said:

Whether she attracts danger or makes little diffence because anything is dangerous in Subaru's situation. Does not mean he needs to become paranoid when it is not warrented. It doesn't change the fact that she saved him from danger, they spent a pleasent time afterwards devoid of incidents that lasted the entire day while helping each other out. Anything that happened afterwards was nothing either of them happening nor did it have anything to do with her bring a magic user. Frankly if anything if wasn't for her he would been dead before the loot house ever became relevant.

Subaru creates danger for himself, yeah.

She saved him from danger he placed himself in. They spent a pleasant time together, because none of them was being targeted at the time. Doesn't means that they wouldn't be targeted later. So what happened after wasn't because she's a magic user? She's a magic user, because she's to defend herself. As a half-elf, she carries much value. From what I see, she's been alone. Roswaal wasn't there always. But now she's gained much more importance, as a candidate. With the thugs the first time, it was implied that they didn't have the intention of killing him. Just beat him up. (Which as I said, could've been avoided.)
Jun 30, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
A bit rash of him, but Ellia denying everything Subaru is doing kinda frustrates me. And it frustrates even more since it makes sense in this timeline, where he hasn't made a full connection with her.

PLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEEE make this stop. I don't like this!!!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 30, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2016
A bit rash of him, but Ellia denying everything Subaru is doing kinda frustrates me. And it frustrates even more since it makes sense in this timeline, where he hasn't made a full connection with her.

PLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEEE make this stop. I don't like this!!!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 30, 2016 1:41 PM

May 2016
Lol what a back and forth. I'd have to say both of you are right in some points and wrong in others. Imo Ajunky pretty much summed the resolution of your banter up pretty well. He has the scent of the witch on him. That alone can put him in a lot of danger, even if only few people happen to take notice. If he happened by Rem while in the capital one day, I'd find it hard to believe she wouldn't investigate him resulting in a potential assault and death. Then there's always the possibility of the witch's cult having someone capable of smelling the scent of the witch and if Subaru happens upon them, there's no telling what might happen. For all we know he could be kidnapped, sacrificed, revered, etc. Ultimately he wouldn't be in a position that would be good for him. Anyways, this is all just conjecture, but personally I think his meeting with Emilia is good and all.

As for the question of him trying so hard and pushing himself, I don't think that's exactly right and it's a problem with Subaru that Emilia addresses. Him being with and hanging around Emilia isn't bad so long as he doesn't involve himself too much to the point that he's doing the dangerous things that they do in order to keep them safe. Though I also find it wrong that Emilia was trying to keep him out of the loop as well rather than keeping him informed. Also Subaru's reaction to Julius feels forced and unnecessary in my opinion. Granted Subaru tends to still be thinking in terms of the life he's used to back in our world rather than the life that people would tend to go through in Lugunica. This ended up resulting in the embarrassment he put both himself, and Emilia, in through the events of the recent episode as a result of his arrogance.

He knew that the world is a medieval-like fantasy of sorts and that Emilia is a candidate that has the potential to become the ruler of the country, essentially a princess of sorts. Likewise, with royalty comes an order of knights that withhold values and honorary respects for one that would be their ruler. This is where Subaru screwed up when he got turned off by Julius kissing her hand, as would any knight do to one who is or would be their ruler regardless of gender (though it's more common for the male-female relationship than the male-male one). However, he did take some beef with Julius that was rightly so whatwith Julius treating him like crap, though he should've been more formal about addressing his anger with Julius and being more forthcoming so that Julius could act more appropriately as of his station as a knight, whilst Subaru also keeping in mind of his own station in relation to Emilia as well.

In my opinion, this is what I believe the author was trying to get at with these recent episodes. Subaru lost himself, his place, taking more than he could chew on his own and getting appropriately reprieved because of it. Ultimately this will result in returning Subaru to the reality of his situation and learning how to adjust himself appropriately to this new world that he's in. He's not Emilia's knight, nor is he her attendant. He's just a friend, a confidant, and that's something that has more stock to it than a simple position given to him as a result of his profession. Likewise, he needs to learn about Emilia's opponents and their vassals since he's aligned with her that way they all have a mutual understanding of where they all stand. Julius went out of his position to try to throw Subaru out of the wrung, and Subaru likewise. Reinhardt, Al, and Felis on the other hand are the ones with the level head, though I feel like they could have tried harder to calm the situation down and have the two learn more about each other. Anyways, I went on a bit of a tangent with this, sorry, but this is what I feel that the writing is going to take or should take. I'm trying to keep an optimistic mind here btw and view things for what the whole is worth rather than the singular parts.
Jun 30, 2016 2:50 PM
Aug 2015
and boom i am open the new page
Jun 30, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2011
Oh man.. I didnt even tried to read all the comments. Many of them are like essays!!!! As an ignorant dude that watches only the anime series ill drop this question so dont hate me plz!!whoever reads the ln is this gonna be any better for our little Hero (subaru) any time soon?
Jun 30, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
TWHunter said:
Oh man.. I didnt even tried to read all the comments. Many of them are like essays!!!! As an ignorant dude that watches only the anime series ill drop this question so dont hate me plz!!whoever reads the ln is this gonna be any better for our little Hero (subaru) any time soon?

I hear the third arc is pretty brutal. Dunno if this is getting a second season. For all we know it might be some open ended shit.
Jun 30, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
TWHunter said:

I hear the third arc is pretty brutal. Dunno if this is getting a second season. For all we know it might be some open ended shit.

I really hope not personally. I'd like a second season for arc 4 and them doing it thoroughly.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 30, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
TWHunter said:

Wasn't the third arc just finished in the LN? If so we might not have enough material for a second season, at least for a while.
Jun 30, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2011
SixPistols said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Wasn't the third arc just finished in the LN? If so we might not have enough material for a second season, at least for a while.

So we'll more or less see a loyal adaptation in the general sense, then? And them maybe a half-cour for arc 4 or something?
Jun 30, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
SixPistols said:

So we'll more or less see a loyal adaptation in the general sense, then? And them maybe a half-cour for arc 4 or something?

Well, if they're going to stay loyal to the LN like they said they would, yes. I haven't actually caught up with the LN or WN, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like this series is close to being finished.
SixPistolsJun 30, 2016 3:58 PM
Jun 30, 2016 4:34 PM
Mar 2016
Jagd84 said:
Or you can just read the manga to do that. Besides that's silly, beacuse 1) you wouldn't randomly do this for any other scene up to this point. 2) anime is an audiovisual medium, it's animation are meant to be accompanyed by music to accenic or highlight the emotions in a scene unless intented otherwise.
I'm just stating my opinion about Subaru when the audio is there and when the audio is removed. My point is that the visuals made Subaru look like a losing antagonist in my own interpretation. In my anime face recognition language, if the person's face becomes creepy, then it must be the face of a helpless antagonist desperate to run away from his/her situation (either by arguing his case (like what Subaru did) or literally running away) because he/she is cornered by his/her rivals. But the music makes me feel bad for Subaru. When I first watched the ep without audio because of my desperation to watch it without an audio device, it seems to portray Subaru as a sore loser to be hated but I wondered why many people hate Emilia after this episode. After rewatching the episode with audio, I now get it. It's the music IMO. The ending song is so sad it makes me feel bad for Subaru. It expresses what the visuals cannot do.
The anime being an audiovisual medium does not change my opinion that removing the audio could change my opinions about the characters.
Jun 30, 2016 5:03 PM
Aug 2015
[quote=Tony_SansNom message=46717328]
QWERTYFish25 said:
TWHunter said:

MolanderoJun 30, 2016 5:07 PM
Jun 30, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
crx07 said:
Jagd84 said:
I'm just stating my opinion about Subaru when the audio is there and when the audio is removed. My point is that the visuals made Subaru look like a losing antagonist in my own interpretation. In my anime face recognition language, if the person's face becomes creepy, then it must be the face of a helpless antagonist desperate to run away from his/her situation (either by arguing his case (like what Subaru did) or literally running away) because he/she is cornered by his/her rivals. But the music makes me feel bad for Subaru. When I first watched the ep without audio because of my desperation to watch it without an audio device, it seems to portray Subaru as a sore loser to be hated but I wondered why many people hate Emilia after this episode. After rewatching the episode with audio, I now get it. It's the music IMO. The ending song is so sad it makes me feel bad for Subaru. It expresses what the visuals cannot do.
The anime being an audiovisual medium does not change my opinion that removing the audio could change my opinions about the characters.

I'd say the medium did good in that case. The music completely changed the way we perceived things visually, like some epic music going with a battle scene or something. A few years back I played the English version of Simple and clean and synced it up to the final battle of independence day, it was awesome how well the part where the guy suicides synced up with the last minute and a half of the song. If I could compare the difference I would say it's like drinking water while eating peppermint.

But yeah, we're ultimately supposed to empathize with Subaru's situation, which is without a doubt pretty messed up, regardless of whether or not he could've done things better. The music pushed and encouraged emotion and added context even though he went on like a losing protagonist as you stated. I feel for him, a bit more than your average protagonist, I guess.

[quote=Molandero message=46718238]
Tony_SansNom said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Rude? 15char!!1!
QWERTYFish25Jun 30, 2016 7:09 PM
Jun 30, 2016 10:09 PM

Mar 2010
crx07 said:
Jagd84 said:

That's fine. But still a weird thing to do and moreso now of all times. I personally don't think anyone should be hated since it's a hard situation for everyone involved. Different factors are driving people in it and emotions are running high. But in the end it's up to the viewer.
Pages (28) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.