Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2016 1:17 AM
Mar 2012
Happy messy end to a simple enjoyable plot. A few unpredictable bits like sacrificing his whole mansion, heart switching, bigbad merge with dragon. Didn't like the last part since merchant profiting off chaos is a better villain idea, while becoming dragonman falls generic.
Short anticlimatic fights were terribad. Should've expected Bridge since Nobunagun & Devil Survivor both had awful budget animation.
Except Hiiro, characters were fun with nice designs, esp Sharisharu change, Palupa Erin Pink Miku antics, and Saraato being stone loving autistic robot that controls dragons. Yay Saraato gets a heart like tinman.
Overall probably not worse than mayoiga & big order, & miles better than similar bad art onmyouji.
Jul 3, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
This was very bad. I tend to avoid anime adaptions based on card or video games as they usually turn out to be shit but I still took a risk with this one and now I regret it. The story is boring and lame. I actually got interested after the first episode but that interest soon turned into disappointment as I continued to watch it. The characters were okay but the MC is such an obnoxious brat and is pathetically weak to the point where I actually wanted him dead. Overall it's a well deserved 3/10
I-JitsuJul 6, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 5, 2016 9:09 AM

Oct 2008
Well, i had some expectations, and it failed those.

Not too hard, but the story had so many potential
Im a generous man, give it a 5/10.
Mainly because it reminds me of o Dragonheart.
Which was amongs my favourites back then.
Jul 7, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2008
Hulek46 said:
I don't understand all this hate about series. This anime was good enough to rate it 6 or even 7. I gave 9 but probbably won't watch again because it's very good story about adventure and friendship that light that you can watch it without hard thoughts and to chill but just once. Second time wouldn't be so enjoyable. And for this "once" for me it's 9/10.

Yeah I don't get why more and more people watch a show they don't enjoy just to bash it.
I guess M people population is rising in recent years.
My only complain is about Sharisharu background story, should've allocated a bit time to explain why she's really infatuated by that merchant.

n00bvlog said:
This is going to be the first anime I ever review. Never have I stuck through with a show this bad and I feel obligated to tell everyone that I enjoyed it, but also the show sucks. It's such a conflict of emotions that I entertain myself with them.

So let me get some things off my chest about this episode first. Erin. At the end she apparently contacted all the armies by calling all the leaders with that phone thingy she had the WHOLE TIME. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST USE THAT EARLIER? The whole mobilization of troops thing could have been avoided.

And how can Hiiro just use a sword to cut off a hand out of nowhere without using magic at all? What kind of bullcrap is that? You can't be a wimp who gets beat up by baby slimes and pimp slapped by Nambuuko in normal form, and then all of a sudden be able to use a sword with enough power and accuracy to cut off a hand of a powerful enemy. Not to mention, he kills him with a normal sword after that too. The show even establishes later that he's a better mage than swordsman afterwards.

It's plot twists like that that make me want to throw up because it makes my head spin with its silliness.

I thought it was cool how Nambuuko fused himself with the dragon, since there was a lot of testing of that concept all throughout the show and it became a sort of "aha!" moment when I realized all that was preparation for this one ultimate ability. Of course the story literally crapped on the coolness of the situation by making Hiiro suddenly able to kill Naambuuko with a normal sword, despite having shown zero previous ability with physical swords. Whoever wrote this story or anime probably wasn't getting paid enough to try hard.

Anyways, final verdict for me: This show sucked, but I still inexplicably enjoyed it. I'll try to find some reason in the actual review.

She maybe having hard time to convince them, she's not like someone with high position in some country. One country suspected 2 other countries to have tamed Dagan Zot, but after seeing that dragon died, she can convince them.

Hiiro is not using ordinary sword. He's also using magic. He may use magic unconciously. At the healing spring event, Garu need to cut him down because he unconciously used magic and may killed him. When he killed a giant wolf in earlier episodes with sword also maybe because of this.

Nambuko let his guard down because he thought his barrier is almighty, well he fused with that unbeatable dragon. Turned out his armor is not strong enough for Hiiro's magic.
Jul 11, 2016 3:13 AM
Apr 2013

This whole show... just... what...?
Oct 15, 2018 6:05 PM

Jun 2011
The pace is absolutely terrible lol

I really started disliking this series when Hiiro absolutely refused to train despite being so ignorantly weak and later disrespect his masters. We all saw it coming that he's probably a prodigy at manipulating magic instead since he couldn't use the swords no matter what he does. It's so predictably bad. The worst part is that he's gonna be given some kind of asspull power to get through this shit because he absolutely, and I repeat, ABSOLUTELY refused to train. And he's basically just Giruu's carbon copy without the best of him, copied his mannerism, doesn't have his sword skills, can cook well like him, etc.

I can only laugh at Sharisharuu's heartbreak, she's been abandoned so many times yet she just refused to believe he could do that to her, lmao what do you expect.

Forgettable series. I thought Hiiro was gonna be strong and smart after the first episode, well I am sure I wasn't the only one who got tricked. He's dumb as a rock and he refuse to get stronger.. welp.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 20, 2018 11:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Like the opposite of SAO, for just about all it shows the failure of a hero which really should've been frustrating seeing he can't fight, but I guess it's because he's not a kid, and like the anime says, HE HAS RESOLVE, GETS UP AND GO even if not wise, plus the awesome characters like Giruu that support him in the journey making it interesting enough to watch. Can't help if I LOVE THE ART TOO ESPECIALLY SARAATO. Actually quality is 8 (story is the weakest, lack of real objectives and explanations to the storyline makes it all over the place (ex. why the Professor is working for the bad guy? Why exactly is Saraato and Hiro a pair, what exactly about the Dragon's heart attracts Saraato?), and the plot moves sloppily, like they took could've rode the dragon long ago), but I do like it a lot AND THE CHARACTERS so 10. Even though the final showdown was not so great, I really really really like how Hiro gave his heart to Saraato so she could live again, JUST HOW THE ROUTE I PREDICTED AND WANTED IT TAKE TO BE BEST ENDING !!! ALSO SARAATO IS REALLLLLLLLY CUTE <33333333
張大です for 張大勇督察
May 19, 2019 12:08 AM

May 2009
From all the negative comments I thought it would be a pure garbage plus that low score but in the end it turned out to be quite enjoyable. So my theory that there is no bad show with neko-mimi persists :D Still don't get the hate - there are far worse anime out there with higher score ...
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Sep 17, 2020 6:55 PM

Nov 2013
Same, there are many worse show than this, I'm hold nothing against this anime and just move on but ultimately this is adventure show for kids.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 23, 5:50 AM
Dec 2022
Watching this anime just for the adventure and romance, i am not expecting on action, 9/10
Jan 23, 5:51 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Blutsauger
From all the negative comments I thought it would be a pure garbage plus that low score but in the end it turned out to be quite enjoyable. So my theory that there is no bad show with neko-mimi persists :D Still don't get the hate - there are far worse anime out there with higher score ...
@Blutsauger they all just edgy af, that want strong mc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

41 by ToG25thBaam »»
Oct 15, 2018 4:06 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2016

49 by joe_g7 »»
Jan 30, 2017 12:55 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

70 by joe_g7 »»
Jan 30, 2017 12:52 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

109 by joe_g7 »»
Jan 30, 2017 12:50 AM

Poll: » Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

23 by xull »»
Jul 1, 2016 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.