Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 10, 2017 5:52 AM
Nov 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
I think this anime could have been much better if it wasn't episodic. And if it had to be episodic, it would have been really cool if all the seemingly unconnected episodes somehow meshed together to form a big connected storyline. Oh well, this series was still pretty decent, 6/10.
I thought so too but I realised they wanted to keep the storyline as real as possible!I mean what bigger plot could they conjure up to make "D-Agency" more relevent?
Jul 12, 2019 4:03 AM

Aug 2012
condottiero said:
thebrentinator24 said:
I think this anime could have been much better if it wasn't episodic. And if it had to be episodic, it would have been really cool if all the seemingly unconnected episodes somehow meshed together to form a big connected storyline. Oh well, this series was still pretty decent, 6/10.
I thought so too but I realised they wanted to keep the storyline as real as possible!I mean what bigger plot could they conjure up to make "D-Agency" more relevent?

This also sums up my thoughts on this series having just got through it all in a day. The episodes that were the least episodic in nature were by far the most exciting. Though all of the episodes told stories well at the same time those stories were also often unfulfilling as they just couldn't be fleshed out enough. I think the first two episodes were really good, the cruise ship episode was good and the last 4 episodes that more or less centered on Yuki were pretty great. But I think those last few episodes left me with the sense that yes I would have liked a more connected story, even if it meant making the show smaller in scale.

Anyway for what it was Joker Game was a decent and very nicely presented series. Just maybe not what alot of us would have liked i.e a more connected storyline.
Sep 20, 2019 6:41 AM

Jul 2016
sleeplesstown said:
That was kind of an underwhelming episode

Pretty alright series overall

I felt the same way.

One of the worst stories to finish it off...
May 12, 2021 3:57 PM

Oct 2019
A quite good series finale. I think the latter half of the show (with the exception of the terrible "Codename: Cerberus") was a bit better than the former half and as a result I revised my rating from 6/10 to 7/10. A good espionage show that could have been better with a more carefully written script.
Oct 28, 2022 4:17 PM
Nov 2019
It's solid, bit slow - but I do like that there are some clues dropped one can pick up on to predict events, and the way the final reveal comes is absolutely thematically brilliant.

It's a solid one - you won't be blown away, but you'll be no worse for having seen it. I'd give it a B+.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2016

178 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.