Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2015
That is what everyone says when their favorite shows don't get recognition.

Either make an effort to convince people otherwise or just understand that a lot of people don't see much merit in this.

For the record, I'm not watching this.
TylaenApr 26, 2016 6:44 AM
Apr 26, 2016 7:55 AM
Nov 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Judging by the first episode I think it deserves at least a 7.6.

People who judge on the first episode of anything.

Apr 27, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2009
One of the reason why this show is great is because you can see an actual effort from the production team in providing materials for the show. For example in episode 3 you'll get to see one of these:

This is a paravane, a tool mainly used to sweep mines during the world war, on the later development it is also used to fight against subs by attaching explosive warhead in it.

There is not much naval themed anime out there that put enough effort on actually making a story of warships with some degree of realism on how it operates and not just slapping a warship appearance on top it. No we were not talking about ships that shoots gravity cannon either or ships with revealing midriff and destructible clothing, it is just warships (albeit with cute crews). A better formulaic comparison to this series is probably Girl und Panzer.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 27, 2016 6:41 AM
Feb 2012
azzuRe said:
One of the reason why this show is great is because you can see an actual effort from the production team in providing materials for the show. For example in episode 3 you'll get to see one of these:

This is a paravane, a tool mainly used to sweep mines during the world war, on the later development it is also used to fight against subs by attaching explosive warhead in it.

There is not much naval themed anime out there that put enough effort on actually making a story of warships with some degree of realism on how it operates and not just slapping a warship appearance on top it. No we were not talking about ships that shoots gravity cannon either or ships with revealing midriff and destructible clothing, it is just warships (albeit with cute crews). A better formulaic comparison to this series is probably Girl und Panzer.

the paravane has since evolved to the ones equipped with sonar to find mines and sunken ships.

interesting that they mentioned that in the anime

although the depth charge damage should have blown a hole on the top part of the sub with that explosion so damn close to the sub.

the Japanese got their subs from German and renamed as I-xxx or Ro
Apr 30, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2008
Gree said:
It seems clear to me why. If you care about internal consistency, it is clear this show is a disaster. You don't need to watch more than the first episode.

I agree with you on this, but I think the world itself can be explained away (suspension of disbelief). Just assuming the girls somehow got amazing practical and theoretical nautical training before piloting a warship is not extremely far fetched (if a bit weird they get control at all).

What can't be explained is the behaviour of the people in it. I think the anime tries to give us a good idea of what the girls are thinking, but fails miserably. Especially after the first encounter.

There is too much information hidden from the viewers. If they just give us a decent explanation for why they are not contacting HQ and explaining the mistake, I'd really like to know it.

Saying they'll be found as soon as they turn on radio is a good one, but please show us the discussion where they figure out that that's a non-problem if nobody is trying to kill you…

It's just like SW7. Too much forced plot without explanation.
Apr 30, 2016 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
All of this thread is worthless unless the OP and the people saying "no u r rong it sux" actually EXPLAIN THEIR OPINIONS.
Apr 30, 2016 11:03 AM

May 2010
At least it has a score of 7.12. Nothing as compared to all the stupidity Bakuon got (6.42 only, I want to smash a steel wall) Even Sansha Sanyou is lower than it should have. People always, always underestimate cute-girls category. Sigh...
Apr 30, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
Aeolun said:
If they just give us a decent explanation for why they are not contacting HQ and explaining the mistake, I'd really like to know it.

I'm guessing you never used a military radio, or any radio at all. It's not a cellphone. It transmits messages up to a certain distance on a certain frequency. The equipment on their ship isn't enough to transmit a message all the way to HQ, and the initial frequency channels they were given might've already been blocked once they were declared as mutinying.

Needless to say, there's no signal for regular cellphones at the middle of the sea.
Apr 30, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
thepath said:
What makes you think this show deserve more than 7.12 ?! I did not find anything special about it

I would even say that I'm enjoying Hundred and Seisen Cerberus more than this show (not saying that High School Flee is bad show, but it is not so good either)

Protaku said:
The real question is, is it better than Kantai Collection?

Kantai Collection is better so far. Hotter and more likable girls, more and better action

Not trying to be rude or judging on your preference... But.... better action?
IDK, probably you aren't very in to naval stuff...

But DBZ style fights isn't naval battles. Ships don't go up to others and punch.

Haifuri uses paravanes, smoke screens, search lights, blackouts, evasive maneuvers and more.
You search any of the things shown or done in Haifuri, you would see an historical example.
What does kancolle do? Skate, shoot and punch?
For me kantai collection can't even be considered naval anime, and not just because they aren't ships, they just don't perform ANY naval tactics at all. Not even a comparison.

As for the rating guys... I rated Joker game pretty high. Up until episode 2, I thought it was really good. Then everything changed when the episodic formula kicked in... Still high as for now, hoping they will make a comeback. But at this rate, I don't think joker game will.
Stray dogs? Well so far, it's been a bit cliche and disappointing...

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Haifuri which I thought would be meh turns out to be great. Potentially better than GuP. And it's only getting better. haifuri is now my second favorite naval anime. Second only to Zipang. I mean what can surpass Zipang when it comes to the naval genre?
And Mayoiga is also getting pretty good.
So far, all I have to say is, what I was anticipating end up a disappointment. What I though was going to be average/bad turned out great.

Ah, anime, what surprise will you have in store for next season?
Apr 30, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2015
I really cannot understand the idea that a 7/10 is a low score. It baffles the mind.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 18, 2016 8:40 PM

Mar 2009
It was great until suddenly MIND-CONTROL HAMSTER RAT THINGS.
May 18, 2016 9:41 PM

Oct 2009
Mormegil said:
It was great until suddenly MIND-CONTROL HAMSTER RAT THINGS.

lol, yeah they have to explain the whole mutiny event and using these magical creatures as plot device is very convenient. Maybe the creator didn't want to insert some sort of heavy political conspiracy in an anime about cute girls doing naval battle, it could ruin the mood of the entire show and devoid it from its cheerful and optimistic themes.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 6, 2016 3:53 AM

May 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
ryomikazuki said:

>good taste

KEK

This show is undeniably bad. It proves how ignorant you are at how horribly the plot is written.
Shit like Another and Elfen Lied have scores just under 8.0 and this is better than those. As poorly written as it may be it's fun to watch, the characters are cute, and there isn't anything that's all that wrong about the show. Battle harems have these same descriptions and they get much better ratings even if they're written as poorly. Poor writing does not always mean that the score will be bad.

If Elfen Lied and those shows were to be aired today, I am 100% sure they would get WAY lower scores.

This show has a few stand out moments, mainly Akeno's interaction with the other characters in the earlier episodes and some of the fight scenes in the later but it is pretty average and forgettable show overall so a 7ish score isn't too bad or underrated or whatever.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.