Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2016 8:51 AM
Feb 2016
Final chapter is out
TyrelMar 3, 2016 2:46 AM
Mar 1, 2016 9:12 AM
Jan 2016
I would be very grateful if someone could give me a rough summary of the most important parts.
Besides that it looks like a decent ending nothing too epic but i do not mind that since it kinda suits the manga more.
Mar 1, 2016 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Well roughly-
Mc and teacher jump into river(as he grabs him), both gets saved. Teacher gets death row.
That girl Kumi and mc both finish studies(middle school and high school) and he turns a quite successful mangaka.
Mc meets pizza due to "destiny".
the end.
Waiting if this causes any salt or no salt at all. Well shippers war maybe XD
removed-userMar 1, 2016 11:58 AM
Mar 1, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2015
How old is Airi and MC at the last chapter... sorry, I am lazy...

Average ending, nothing spectacular. Anime going under 9 for sure.

E: MC seems to be 33 y and Airi is around 23 y
VindikasMar 1, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 1, 2016 2:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
More of an epilogue chapter. Decent I guess. Nice little show of Satoru's friends as adults. Nice to see Satoru getting back into manga making. Also that open ending with Airi at the end...

4/5
Mar 1, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
More of an epilogue chapter. Decent I guess. Nice little show of Satoru's friends as adults. Nice to see Satoru getting back into manga making. Also that open ending with Airi at the end...

4/5

Let's see, so after this journey, what do you think abt people's reactions(anime specially)? Salty?XD
Mar 1, 2016 2:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
xaos12 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

4/5

Let's see, so after this journey, what do you think abt people's reactions(anime specially)? Salty?XD
When they'll get to this part, they'll be salty for sure. They'll say Satoru got NTR'd when in reality, it was them who got NTR'd. But then again, the quality of the manga did drop in the final third. The anime's score's gonna go back to 8.7-ish after it ends.
Mar 1, 2016 4:44 PM
Aug 2009
Oh well since I can't read Japanese I can only go by what has been said but the ending for me ruins my enjoyment of the manga. The obvious is the authors clear intent or at least conveyed this story as almost a blossoming romance. Had he focused on the mystery this wouldn't have happend. So many questions remain on why Kayo had to become a potential love interest and Satoru seeming to reciprocate. Also don't give me the age argument when both Airi (17) and Kayo (10) are way to young for a 29 year old even when they come of age. (Also the existence and popularity of blood related incest in anime has kind of conditioned me not to care much) This twist seemed unsatisfing because it also comes with the biggest issue of why this has become such a disappointment of a series, the body count and the failure to (admittedly I haven't read it all so it might change a little) explain the time travel. Think about it Satoru was said to have been being "forced" to save people for a long time, remember when the mother eludes to this in the parking lot, these people are not going to be helped because Satoru is in a coma. The teacher still gets the extra 15 years of killing. To top it off I worked at a hospital for 3 years and talking care of comatose patients is life consuming to do alone and expensive. It could easily be said that the goal, for whatever reason, was to stop the killer. Why go back in time so far for these few people and not stopping the evil guy. From a greater good standpoint he should have been sent back one day and saved his mother who had figured it out. This manga spent way to much time on making me like Kayo and ship her just to pull the rug out from under me and fail to deliver a satisfying mystery or conclusion. Because really who didn't pick the teacher from the very beginning? Satoru could have behaved like an adult instead of a freaking child who thinks he can do it all himself. I'm 24 and I can think of a dozen ways to get the police or CPS involved without coming across crazy.

It was a 10/10 for me until the author failed to deliver on the excellent set up.
4/10
Mar 1, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2010
Err ... this is so... average ? i don't know what to say

overall nice story, nice to see Airi in the end too.. but im sure the score in anime will go down.. including my own score
7/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 2, 2016 12:51 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm only going off the imagery for the final four chapters so I might tweak my opinion a bit once actual translations come out, but, I'll keep this at a 9. I enjoyed the ride immensely. I do think there were flaws of course, but they weren't enough to diminish my score much. The whole Kayo NTR controversy was admittedly disappointing to watch unfold. I mostly agree with the camp that claims it wasn't really NTR. Kayo was right to not wait for Satoru to wake up, a possibility which might never happen, and find her happiness. Satoru himself clearly agrees in the end. At the same time, there were definitely hints and teases of a possible relationship between them, you'd hafta be blind or willingly ignorant to deny that much. So I can sympathize with those who were disappointed that they didn't end up together, I was too to a degree.

I'm fine with him ending up with Airi, and will choose to interpret that as the ending barring hard contradictions from future translations. Airi was supportive of him the whole time afterall, and I'd support her over him being alone. As far as that goes both the "best girl" and best character in this series was neither of them anyway, but rather Sachiko. As I've said multiple times she's easily the best mother I've seen in manga/anime in a long while. The last chapter of this series that really worked for me, on a gut, emotional level, was the one of her daily routine that ends with her tears of joy seeing her boy finally wake from his coma. I shed tears with her, she deserved to experience that happiness, and I was truly happy for her.

That kinda ties in to my biggest weakness for this series actually, the last portion. Not only because of the Kayo reveal, though that ties into it, but in general that final buildup to and confrontation Satoru has with the killer is pretty underwhelming. It feels like pure falling action, when it shouldn't. The true climax, for me, is that past confrontation in the van which ends when Satoru goes into the water. Nothing after that point reaches that same level of tenseness/excitement, certainly not that bridge scene during the fireworks which, I think, the author intended as the true final climax.

The identity of the killer is pretty obvious from early on in the series. There's a sense of just waiting for the reveal, and if you care about that being THAT obvious then that is another weakness, but this "climax" is like that amped up to 11. At least when the reveal comes Satoru's a child, in body anyway, and alone in a van. It's genuinely tense as you hope and wonder how Satoru might get out of his current predicament. There was no tension on that bridge, no real excitement, just a wait for Satoru to succeed. I'm not sure if that's just an issue with time travel stories in general or what, but I definitely think this shoulda ended in the past, with Satoru somehow beating the odds and catching the killer then. And I'd still feel that way even if that hypothetical ending in the past still led to Satoru and Kayo not hooking up in the future and fate still drawing him to Airi, though obviously I'd support the latter option in that scenario. But I'll admit such a perfectly happy ending would have drawn it's fair share of complaints as well, and fair enough. I'm not the author and he chose to end it as he did, and as I said above I'll still give this that 9/10, if perhaps a bit generously.

Now to sit and wait and see how the anime plans to fit all of this into just 4 more episodes without it becoming a total mess.

Oh, and nice shot of Airi's ass as she runs to Satoru at the end there. XD
Mar 2, 2016 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
I generously read this series since 2012, and it's kinda bittersweet for me. I just... didn't expect this series would be turned out like this. Even though the ending is not as I expected, I truly like almost everything about ERASED. Maybe reading since the beginning of serialization gave me different impression, not as the same as reading in the middle of its serialization.

Words can't describe my complicated feelings towards how sweet the series is. Subjectively, it's 10/10.
removed-userMar 2, 2016 5:05 AM
Mar 2, 2016 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
Onii-chan said:
I generously read this series since 2012, and it's kinda bittersweet for me. I just... didn't expect this series would be turned out like this. Even though the ending is not as I expected, I truly like almost everything about ERASED. Maybe reading since the beginning of serialization gave me different impression, not as the same as reading in the middle of its serialization.

Words can't describe my complicated feelings towards how sweet the series is. Subjectively, it's 10/10.

I think nostalgia is crippling you. :P becoz the last half of manga seriously had too many flaws to give it a 10 really.
Mar 2, 2016 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
xaos12 said:
I think nostalgia is crippling you. :P becoz the last half of manga seriously had too many flaws to give it a 10 really.
That's why I stated before that I gave this series subjective score since I let my feelings/emotions, which shouldn't be considered while calculating the score, involved.
Mar 2, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2014
after reading the final chapter just a few mins ago i can atleast say im satisfied with this series and best of all he got to meet Airi again in the end which was best girl to start with and who i really wanted him to be with some how some way

but yeah this series doesnt deserve a perfect 10 though but atleast this series ended good enough but also at the same time it could have been better

but again i am satisfied with how it all ended
"one step at a time"
Mar 2, 2016 6:27 AM

Nov 2014
really? i cant' believe that ending...

Airi and Mc got together?

hahaha to the people who was thinking of time reset...

anyhow to point it out, the author clearly went to develop kayo for many chapters and by the end she literally put on the bus, i agree with the previous comment having the same opinion as me. you just don't build characters like that and be just putting them on the sidelines, you went ahead to make me like that character then you make a conclusion like that?, if that character if at least killed i'm going to at least sympathize with the said character but no, it just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

btw if your thinking i'm salty about the ship, no this is the same feeling i got when i read that stupid doujin of HS DXD about phoenix NTR all of Mc's harem. my mind literally went blank

chapters 1-35 9/10
chapters 36/44 5/10

total 6/10

MaxXZoeMar 2, 2016 6:47 AM
Mar 2, 2016 7:01 AM

Jan 2016
Meh ending. I'm really disappointed how the author just shat on the development of his main characters.
Mar 2, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2014
The hype backlash from the anime viewers should be something to witness...
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 2, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2010
Lol, guess my head theory was right, all except the part that he'd be alone romantically.

The ending was kinda meh, so i hope the director can add some spice to it.

I can totally see the last 5 minutes of the show though.
They'd play the full opening theme starting from when he's in his drawing room then end it with Airi running towards him and giving him that smile.

pure art.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2008
animefan8800 said:
I'm not sure if that's just an issue with time travel stories in general or what, but I definitely think this shoulda ended in the past, with Satoru somehow beating the odds and catching the killer then. And I'd still feel that way even if that hypothetical ending in the past still led to Satoru and Kayo not hooking up in the future and fate still drawing him to Airi, though obviously I'd support the latter option in that scenario. But I'll admit such a perfectly happy ending would have drawn it's fair share of complaints as well, and fair enough. I'm not the author and he chose to end it as he did, and as I said above I'll still give this that 9/10, if perhaps a bit generously.

This was my preferred ending as well. It's rather sad there had to be so many victims before they finally caught him.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 2, 2016 10:40 AM
Jan 2016
Personally, I loved the ending, and all the chapters leading up to it. The quality did SLIGHTLY drop after Satoru's coma IMO, but it wasn't enough to affect my final thoughts of the series overall.

9.5/10 for the manga as a whole, for me. And this coming from a reader who started only a couple of months ago.

Now, to anxiously worry about how A-1 plans to cram +20 chaps. of content into 4 eps.
Mar 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly that was pretty much what I thought how it would end even if I didn't read the translated chapters 41 to 43 (I will read them when they are translated since I just took a look in the raws) but still that gives a nice closure to the story even if the whole Airi appearing out of nowhere wasn't really necessary to be honest.
I wished it would have ended instead on an happy dinner with his mom and Satoru would been saying something on the likes of: "Thank you Mom" at the last page. That would be so impactful in my opinion.

The whole fact he couldn't go back in the past just proves the statement he can't use this Revival power.
As a whole, the story is still a 9/10 for me. I would have given this a 10/10 if the last chapter emphasized a lot more of the mother/son relationship. Otherwise still loved it.

People still mention the whole "ntr" stuff? They are persistent aren't they? -_-
Mar 2, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2009
KonoYume said:
the whole Airi appearing out of nowhere wasn't really necessary to be honest.

Airi was the key to Satoru's memories and there was a whole chapter dedicated to Satoru rambling about how important she was to him (chapter 39). After all that, it was absolutely necessary for Airi to appear again at the end. Anything else would have felt completely anticlimactic.

Personally, I loved this chapter. All the characters got good endings. Satoru himself finally became a successful mangaka and his manga even got an anime adaptation. That's really cool. And of course, that fated meeting with Airi at the end. It's a new beginning for them. Now they're both older too (he's 35 and she's 23) and fate has always drawn them together. Whatever happens from here on is left to the imagination, but Satoru's tears of happiness say it all. He's not about to let this chance go to waste.
1idd0kunMar 2, 2016 11:14 AM
Mar 2, 2016 11:14 AM
Mar 2016
I'm kind of new here, but i think its not good develop charachter like crazzy and hook MC with the charachter who we dont even know, all we know is that shes funny and thats it, even MC dont know her as much as he knows Kayo.. i mean just imagine from Naruto Shippudden imagine Naruto Merry to Shiho (the girl from pain arc she like shikamaru and she wears scarry glasses) i mean its not that great when author do that thing you know... i see that girl for like 5 minute, and i see Kayo for full time, and now its just bullshame.. its like you go with the girl for 10 years and after it in one day you see another girl and say ok lets go with that.. WTFying Penguin?
before coma 10/10
after come 2/10 (this 2 for his mom)
DarKinGateMar 2, 2016 11:19 AM
Mar 2, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
1idd0kun said:
KonoYume said:
the whole Airi appearing out of nowhere wasn't really necessary to be honest.

Airi was the key to Satoru's memories and there was a whole chapter dedicated to Satoru rambling about how important she was to him (chapter 39). After all that, it was absolutely necessary for Airi to appear again at the end. Anything else would have felt completely anticlimactic.

And not really since she was just that. And his relationship with her being destroyed completely at the end would have made the statement that time travel can be a pain in the ass as well. Otherwise he should have helped her with her family problems at least like reuniting her with her father or something like that.

Ending the series with Satoru and his mom having a happy dinner would have been much more meaningful imo.
He would have said something on the likes: "Thank you Mom" That right there would have made me give an instant 10/10. :P

BTW I don't judge this series by its last chapters since the message was already given when Satoru woke up from the coma. Even if he had a supernatural power, he was still a human. He's a hero not a superhero.
Mar 2, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
Tsu-kki said:
Meh ending. I'm really disappointed how the author just shat on the development of his main characters.

You mean Kayo and Satoru?

Kayo is happy and has a happy family with Hiromi. Not sure why you think the author shit on her development. I mean you still expected Kayo x Satoru to be real at the very end? Remember she was 15 years back living a hell of a life as a child. She was grateful to Satoru for getting her get the hell out of this Hell. That's it.

And as for Satoru, he did what he could with what he had: this "uncontrollable" time travel power. And he did change the future. He saved four people, was indirectly linked in the birth of a fifth one. And he realized his care from his mother. Remember in the first volume, he was thoroughly being disrespectful to her and didn't realize his mother gave her whole life wholeheartedly taking care of his only child. And at the end, he finally knows that. (the fact she kept him safe for 15 years when he was in coma just add more to that).

The only downside is that ending, I mean it could have been better without it imo.
Mar 2, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
@Konoyume.. Some revival rules, like how much he can travel back should have been explained. You can't deny that. It certainly has some flaws.
Mar 2, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
The manga just wasn't the same after chapter 35/36. I personally enjoyed the obvious reveal along with the backstory but I think the author just overthought what he should do to finish out the story.

And it sucks that Kayo, the best/2nd best character of the series, was benched for the last third of the manga. She was, imo, the driving force on why we should care about this story.

And I was totally fine with how the revivals worked but during the last third of the story it seemed nonexistent...idk. Great start but a letdown for sure.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 2, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2015
xaos12 said:
@Konoyume.. Some revival rules, like how much he can travel back should have been explained. You can't deny that. It certainly has some flaws.

It actually was "explained" in the first volume. In episode 1 in the anime.

The thing that lead him to go even more in the past suggests that supernatural thing fucks with rules. Satoru didn't even know that power that much. He thought that it was roughly 1-5 minutes since he was basing it on his everyday life when death comes around him.
Do you expect supernatural things to have rules? Fuck that.
Mar 2, 2016 12:12 PM
May 2014
The manga went downhill after the excellent premise, was thinking of giving it a 5-6/10 but then I found the ending to my satisfaction, and I cant deny the beauty of the premise, so 7/10. Not worth it in the end IMO unless you have time..
Mar 2, 2016 1:42 PM
Jan 2016
Eh, I had a feeling it was going to be spectacularly mediocre. I was really excited for the manga early on, and wanted it to run for a long time. However, soon after Satoru fell into a coma, the manga started to feel like it was in the final ark. And really, it was. I was hoping for Satoru to wake up and try to learn more about the revivals, and for story to dig deeper into the time travel aspect. Oh well, in the end it ended up being a story about a long running case that took too many lives.

My biggest, and really maybe the only, issue with the manga is that it was too short. There was no time to be spent on developing more than, say five characters. The story seemed tunnel visioned into one direction and didn't leave much room for exploration outside that direction. At least, it was decently executed and to the point.
Mar 2, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
This sequence reminds me of death note, great first 2/3 in terms of story quality, and then author decided to stop using their brain in the last 1/3 and it was not pretty lol
That being said, it was still a great read 8/10
I would suspect anime drop to 8.4-8.6, which is still damn good, but ending is not very memorable to say the least
Mar 2, 2016 4:56 PM
Mar 2016
*sigh* Honestly I liked the series its been a while since I've gotten so invested in a story. I was OK with the twist of the coma but marrying Kayo with supporting character friend #4 was just dumb not only that but we also had a baby just shoved in our faces with no backstory of how Hiromi and Kayo felt attracted to each other, you can't just do that it's lazy and disrespectful to the readers and Satoru saved Kayo from her mother as well as showing her that not just him but other people care about her which really made her open up more especially to him when she called him her hero. Also don't know if anyone remembers but in the chapter that Satoru wakes up as we see bits and pieces of time going by weren't we shown Kayo at the Christmas tree Satoru showed her, she was obviously still thinking of him. Next we have the teacher giving up just like that also that there were no victims at all during Satoru's 15 year coma?! A serial killer doesn't just stop especially not someone who puts a lot of thought into their planning, also that victimless time skip is also a "reasonable" explanation for Satoru not having to go back in time.That is extremely lazy to do, then we have that ending with Airi she shouldn't even know who he is except that he woke up from a 15 year coma and also collapsed there's no justifiable reason for those two to end up together, overall I liked this series a lot but I can't believe how the author botched it in the end, storywise 10/10 but what happened at the end is unjust and terrible, I'm glad everyone is happy but it leaves a big bitter taste at the end. Also kind of a dick move to post the final chapter on March 2nd, aka Kayo and Satoru's birthday, thank you for the final dagger to the kokoro. I hope the live action adaptation has the alternate ending we all hope for, because I know for a fact that some live action adaptations do have some differences from the original works. Well I'm glad I gave my two cents on the matter, bye everyone I'm off to write my first fanfiction now, wish me luck.
Mar 3, 2016 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
Fine epilogue. At least the author didn't sink the last ship lol.
Mar 3, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2011
Average series as a whole. Not really something I'll ever remember or care for. It'll be fun to see the anime viewers reaction.

7-8/10.
TyrelMar 3, 2016 2:57 AM
Mar 3, 2016 4:29 AM

Jun 2015
I kinda liked the open ending, but the last few chapters seemed pretty lackluster. Anime only viewers are gonna hate it, should be interesting when it happens.
DessssyMar 3, 2016 5:13 AM
:)
Mar 3, 2016 4:58 AM

Aug 2011
The ending as said wasn't bad. I like it as a matter of fact. Sure was kinda hoping for Satoru do do a revival and get another chance with Kayo but this is ok too. I mean, before shit went down, Kayo and Hiromi didn't even exist anymore (was long dead) so she just being alive (along with his mother) is a world of relief for Satoru. Maybe if both Hiromi and Kayo had lived in the original timeline, this is how things would have went, (they got married). And that she married someone in his 15 years absence that he could trust, I bet he could of had it no other way.

Satoru achieved his goal and like he said, what happened to him didn't matter as long as Kayo (and his mom) was alive in the end.

IloveCindy0 said:
Next we have the teacher giving up just like that also that there were no victims at all during Satoru's 15 year coma?! A serial killer doesn't just stop especially not someone who puts a lot of thought into their planning, also that victimless time skip is also a "reasonable" explanation for Satoru not having to go back in time.
Agree here. It was weak but it is siad that the teacher did kill others after Satoru ended up in a coma. He just didn't kill children anymore. Switch his target group so to speak.

IloveCindy0 said:
That is extremely lazy to do, then we have that ending with Airi she shouldn't even know who he is except that he woke up from a 15 year coma and also collapsed there's no justifiable reason for those two to end up together

She did meet Satoru after he woke from his coma. They talked a bit before he went back into another one for a year. Yeah, they didn't give a valid reason for Airi meeting him in the end but even Satoru himself is shock so that definitely was not a plan thing. Still would like to know why she was there thou and how the heck she became close to him.

Sure the ending could be just a tad bit better especially coming from the high it was on but this works too. Satoru even has his own studio and assistance. He's a mangakan like he wanted to be.

ahuman said:

It was a 10/10 for me until the author failed to deliver on the excellent set up.
4/10

Changing your rating to that low just because of the ending? I hope that 4/10 is just for the final chapter and not for the entire series. If so then you really need to re-read the series from the beginning. Read with understanding then retract some of what you said.

ahuman said:

Because really who didn't pick the teacher from the very beginning?

He wasn't that suspicious in the beginning. it was some chapter in when it showed that he kinda knew too much or way too eager to help. What really did it and told us it was him was when he emphasis that Kayo and the other children in the town was save.
haykaMar 3, 2016 5:02 AM
Mar 3, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2011
desseroni said:
I kinda liked the open ending, but the last few chapters seemed pretty lackluster. Anime viewers are gonna hate it, should be interesting when it happens.

That it should and please do say anime only viewers. I mean, I also watch the anime too.
Mar 3, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2015
Well, it's finished already? I read this series after watching the anime first. At first, I think it does have good premise, but that's all. Kinda dissapointed ever since his failure in the first revival though, and it really goes downhill till the end. I mean, isn't that very obvious from the beginning that the teacher is the culprit? Nothing really surprised me (except for the NTR). But this series isn't that bad either, it's mediocre. Everything is still acceptable, in my opinion. Now, let's wait for the anime to end.
Mar 3, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
I suspect the anime will cut the after coma arc to get to the ending with an original route.
Raphene said:
Well, it's finished already? I read this series after watching the anime first. At first, I think it does have good premise, but that's all. Kinda dissapointed ever since his failure in the first revival though, and it really goes downhill till the end. I mean, isn't that very obvious from the beginning that the teacher is the culprit? Nothing really surprised me (except for the NTR). But this series isn't that bad either, it's mediocre. Everything is still acceptable, in my opinion. Now, let's wait for the anime to end.

Not sure where you get it but there's no ntr....it's just you.
Mar 3, 2016 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
三部けい「僕だけがいない街」完結!ヤングエース7月号より外伝が連載開始
oh well we gonna have a side story
Mar 3, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty decent ending overall. I wasn't too impressed but hey, it was still an good manga.. am I right?
Mar 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
hayka said:
desseroni said:
I kinda liked the open ending, but the last few chapters seemed pretty lackluster. Anime viewers are gonna hate it, should be interesting when it happens.

That it should and please do say anime only viewers. I mean, I also watch the anime too.

I felt the same way too, like the last chapters felt slower to me. From #41-#44
Mar 3, 2016 3:41 PM
Aug 2009
ahuman said:

4/10

Changing your rating to that low just because of the ending? I hope that 4/10 is just for the final chapter and not for the entire series. If so then you really need to re-read the series from the beginning. Read with understanding then retract some of what you said.

ahuman said:

Because really who didn't pick the teacher from the very beginning?

He wasn't that suspicious in the beginning. it was some chapter in when it showed that he kinda knew too much or way too eager to help. What really did it and told us it was him was when he emphasis that Kayo and the other children in the town was save.[/quote]

This is a chapter discussion so it was intended to be a 4/10 for this chapter otherwise I gave the series a 6/10 as a whole. I said I have not read the end, only looked at the raws and read others summery of the story. I fully intend to read the story in its entirety when it's available. However I think it is acceptable to say the manga peaked at the car crash and went downhill after. I have to amend a statement I made about the body count seeing as someone has pointed out Sensei stopped killing for 15 years meaning I was wrong to assume the killings continued. That brings another point though, what established serial killer stops killing? Coming from a family of psychiatrists I'm familiar with Sociopaths aka Anti social personality disorder and this is not a pattern seen for those who can kill habitually. It is lazy writing to tie up the story so we don't feel bad.

As for your other comment about the teacher it seemed to me, as a mystery fan that there were no other real suspects. In reality it could have been anyone but for the sake of story only an introduced character can really be on the list of suspects and I both agree and disagree with you on this point. There were times he seemed to know to much but it was the lack of any real action until his hand was forced that stood out to me in the beginning. At least in the USA abuse and neglect is criminal and subject to a wide range of charges least of all being gross misdemeanor or in Kayos case a felony. In that both physical and emotional abuse were combined with neglect. This type of crime can result in life sentences depending on severity and length. There is also the mandatory reporting laws wherein any party, Satorus mother included, can be charged for not reporting suspect abuse. CPS in the states are not kind to let these things just slip by for months. The teachers lack of action alerted me to his potential desire to not have the authorities involved. Also the CPS, in the states, when alerted will visit the child, teachers, friends and the parents in school/work with no regard for being polite.

When you are aware of some of the flaws in the very core of the story it kind of dampens enjoyment. 6/10 for the fact that I was really entertained despite these flaws until the end.
Mar 3, 2016 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
disappointing, the anime should change things more to save the show
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 3, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
LightBladeNova said:
The hype backlash from the anime viewers should be something to witness...

I get sexual excitement just from the thought of what's going to happen.

Mar 3, 2016 7:41 PM

Jan 2016
hayka said:
The ending as said wasn't bad. I like it as a matter of fact. Sure was kinda hoping for Satoru do do a revival and get another chance with Kayo but this is ok too. I mean, before shit went down, Kayo and Hiromi didn't even exist anymore (was long dead) so she just being alive (along with his mother) is a world of relief for Satoru. Maybe if both Hiromi and Kayo had lived in the original timeline, this is how things would have went, (they got married). And that she married someone in his 15 years absence that he could trust, I bet he could of had it no other way.

Satoru achieved his goal and like he said, what happened to him didn't matter as long as Kayo (and his mom) was alive in the end.

I agree is the final goal of Satoru. I think the mangaka give the final that everyone expect, i like the final, the unique wrong maybe are the victims killed by Yashiro, the history could be deeper in the characters, but at the end good ending.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
No linking illegal sites please
Mar 3, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2016
KonoYume said:
I suspect the anime will cut the after coma arc to get to the ending with an original route.

I don't think so, maybe the anime will finish when Satoru wake up, and finish the history with ovas.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2016 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
It's an ok ending, in whole, this series wasn't as interesting or well thought out as I thought it'd be.
Mar 3, 2016 11:18 PM
Sep 2010
ahuman said:
The teacher still gets the extra 15 years of killing.

That's the point. How many victims were there during that 15 years? If he kills 3/year, it's 40-50. If more, up to a hundred.

Nice job Satoru. You've saved 3 kids and 1 Yuuki outta overall ~50 kids and 10+ Yuukis you could've save. But Satoru doesn't even think of it. We'll he is a dumb, so it's probably okay?

Nice job author. I still don't understand why do you hate your own MC that much.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Kayo and Satoru ever had romantic feelings for each other? ( 1 2 )

Ghoultulhu - Feb 3, 2016

66 by useerrriksujn »»
Jan 19, 6:26 AM

» Does this have any differences from the anime?

S4dnu - Aug 11, 2023

4 by Orbakun »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 10 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 27, 2013

7 by CosmicGirl »»
Jun 11, 2023 11:20 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

20 by MaxiHut »»
Dec 21, 2022 1:49 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 6 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 27, 2013

11 by Ioannabo »»
Aug 9, 2022 5:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.