Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2007 2:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn great final episode! Risa's family is awesome, and I loved how everyone put up an act for the other small guy at the restaurant. The Photoshoot was pretty nice, Risa looked sweet there.

Overall, I loved LoveCom. It made me laugh so freaking much and the seiyuu's work as Otani and Risa was simply exceptional. I think it's a Grade A example of a Love-Comedy . 9/10
cyruzOct 13, 2007 6:42 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 11, 2007 3:06 PM

Jan 2007
A good final episode indeed. A great way to end this show. The photoshoot part was hilarious. I loved how they all disagreed that Risa wasn't meant for modeling. And the last part of the show was very sweet.

Overall, it was a good show. It started out great and ended strong, but the middle was really meh for me. (7/10)
Oct 11, 2007 3:42 PM

Aug 2006
I loved this final episode. It truly was a great way to end the show. I was pretty much laughing non-stop in this final episode. Overall, I thought it was a good show as well, which had its highs and lows and I agree with Faust 100% that the beginning and ending were great but middle was seriously lacking. Overall I gave it a (7/10).
Oct 11, 2007 3:47 PM

May 2007
I felt that the anime was a bit rushed in general, but still, that was a great final episode! I'm so glad it ended the way I wanted it to end. A second season is not necessary, but I wouldn't mind either =)

Oct 11, 2007 4:35 PM

Apr 2007
This was definitely one of my favorite anime ever. It's a shining example of how to do a romantic-comedy right. The last episode was great. I loved Otani's expression when he saw Risa coming out of the models' trailer. Priceless. The only thing holding this show back from a perfect score was the handful of episodes in the middle where nothing got accomplished. Otherwise, this show was great. Perfect ending.
Oct 11, 2007 4:37 PM

Mar 2007
*happysigh* That was a good last episode, but not the best.. >___< It was, as slowdanse said, kind of rushed near the end. :3 Overall, awesome anime, okay ending.
Oct 11, 2007 5:02 PM
Jul 2007
Yayyyyy finally the subs are out!! I normally don't mind watching shows raw, but my moonspeak isn't good enough for me to be confident with what they're saying in the Kansai dialect. Anywho....

All anime made from not-ended manga have rushed endings, so it's not like that was a surprise.

The manga keeps going anyways :3

I really liked the ending of this anime! I've been VERY disappointed with this season's endings, so this was a pleasant surprise. The pacing was done right for the place they wanted it to end at. I like how they managed to do the first spending the night over, modeling/stylist thing and the graduation all in one episode. A++++ ending.

Overall, I'm pleased with this series. I wish all series were done this well - I actually thought that this was going to be my least favorite show of the season, and I was wrong. I'm glad I was wrong!

I think the rewatch value of this show is very strong! I probably watched all my favorite episodes twice already, and I'll probably watch it again in the future.

Plus this show taught me a lot of Kansai stuff~!! A+ learning experience. I now know how to yell at my friends in kansai dialect.
Oct 11, 2007 5:08 PM

Dec 2006
It did seem a tad rushed... It was a nice ending though...
Though the first part of the episode didn't seem like it was an ending episode at all...

...Poor Kohori... >3 He's so adorable~~~
Oct 11, 2007 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Great anime, last ep was just awesome. kinda sad its all over now :S
well time to start searching for some new animes too watch, so damn many that finished the last couple of weeks.
Oct 11, 2007 5:32 PM

Jul 2007
I'm sad to see it end, I really loved this show. Final episode was great and had me laughing for a good majority of it, especially the photoshoot and when they were joking around with Kohori (poor guy).

Overall, an awesome show. Had its ups and downs but overall it was a lovely show. 9/10
Oct 11, 2007 6:36 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Faust721 said:
Overall, it was a good show. It started out great and ended strong, but the middle was really meh for me. (7/10)

I share this opinion fully. And I should say, the final episode is probably my favorite of the entire show, and probably the most well thought-out.
Oct 11, 2007 8:03 PM

Apr 2007
This was a beautiful series that ended with nothing left out. 9/10 for me!
Oct 11, 2007 8:36 PM

Apr 2007
Pretty funny last ep, I don't think it was that rushed, and I love every single bit how they make me laugh thruout the series, and especially this last one. Risa was cute on the photoshoot; I feel sorry for Kohori for being lied more than once; Tho the middle was lacking a bit, it still ended great and very enjoyable. 9/10
Oct 11, 2007 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
yes the final episode seemed a little rushed...
but damn yay! koizumi x otani is forever!

such a good feel good final episode : )
Oct 11, 2007 9:05 PM

Jul 2007
ha, when otani met risa's parents.. how funny! and poor kohori X3

TT.TT but its over!!!
Oct 11, 2007 9:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
sour-kun said:

Yeah, I agree, it definitely had a nice feel to it :)

I'm kinda sad it's over, but not disappointed in the least. I wasn't sure if I'd like this series when it started out, but I think it's definitely a good one. As cyruz said first: this is an example of love-comedy done right! 9/10 here too.

My favorite part of the entire episode was when he bumped heads with her on the bridge :D
Oct 11, 2007 9:27 PM

Jul 2007
when everyone met kohori they were like
"im risa's mother" and "im risa's father" it was so funny XDD

Im terribly sad that one of my favorite series' ended.
but it was a really good ending.
this is Definatly the best example of love-comedy done right!
with lots of slap-you-in-the-face plot twists and hilarious jokes.. Lovely Complex will live on as one of my favorite animes.

Oct 11, 2007 9:49 PM

Jun 2007
WONDERFUL ending. It really showed the best parts of the show, with the comedy, wackiness, and sweet moments alll wrapped up. Definitely one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen.
Oct 11, 2007 11:09 PM
Sep 2007
it was awesome!! n i totally love it
otani & risa rockssssss

will there be season 2? cos i heard some rumors
Oct 12, 2007 5:42 AM

Jul 2007
I totally love it! One of my favourite anime of all time. I hope there's a second season. I've been wondering why they never followed the manga storyline? the manga is completed, no?
Oct 12, 2007 9:49 AM

Oct 2006
Pretty cool final episode. Otani meeting Riza's parents, the photoshoot, Kohori getting tricked and the goodbye scene were pretty good.

Faust721 said:
As for my rating, I agree with Faust 100%.
Oct 12, 2007 11:37 AM

Jun 2007
too short!
I agree with you guys, too.
but i still liked it.
Oct 12, 2007 12:45 PM

Sep 2007
what I loved was that the series had some real closure to it. They graduated High School. Alot of these love/romance high school stories tend to end as the troubled couple FINALLY gets together and they proclaim their will to stay together and yadda yadda! But this one went further, after Otani finally fell in love with Risa they focused on their life as a couple for a few eps.

Overall, it was a great ride and I was sad to see it go! I started watching from EP1 and am gonna miss waiting every week (or two) to get my Love Com fix!
Oct 13, 2007 4:48 AM

Jun 2007
LOVELY ending!!

Oh my goodness... I hope they do another season when they're all in uni or something. Doubt it, I just want to watch it again.

Otani still didn't say he loved her! I was waiting for that, it was so cute when he kissed her in this episode though.

I love this anime, so lovely to watch.

-Seigi-
Oct 13, 2007 2:21 PM

Jun 2007
That was a damn good episode for it's final!!! I wished they made the episode longer because it was the final..... I was crying at the end because I didn't want it to end!!! I love how they dressed Risa up and Otani's reaction was great........ I don't want to end but it can't be helped....... after all 2 live action movies of it are coming out. I am definately going to watch it. If they have a second season of LoveCom I would be ecstatic but there are no hints towards that happening...... *goes to re-watch last episode one more time*......
SarcasticOct 13, 2007 2:25 PM
Oct 15, 2007 6:45 AM

Aug 2007
It was a pretty good ending, though a bit rushed. I really enjoyed this series and am glad it ended on a positive note. ^^
Oct 17, 2007 1:04 AM

Apr 2007
Great ending to a great series. Absolutley loved the modeling part, hilarious ;D. Overall, 9/10. Sad to see it end, but it had to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2007 6:20 AM

Jul 2007
Ah its all over! Lovecom is something I'd gladly watch a 1000 eps of!!! From start to finish I've loved this Anime, even if I have 20 other eps to watch of something else I always waited those few minute for Lovecom to be downloaded so I could watch it first. I think I'll be reading the Manga sometime soon. I'm still giving this a 10 and have done from the start. Usually I'm pretty harsh with marks.
Oct 25, 2007 2:25 AM
Apr 2007
shoot...i can't believe i forgot to post here...anyways, it's saddening to see it all come to an end...for me, the last few episodes were amazing compared to the beginning...otani's pure idiocy and oblivious personality made the early half unbearable at times...however, the best scene in the entire series was the kiss on risa's birthday and otani instantly redeemed himself for me after that...since then, i loved otani's character and is a strong supporter of the otani x risa pairing...i also liked maity's character a lot...the ending was good...it's great to see the series ending with everyone leaving for their own futures...i'd watch a second season for sure~

Oct 30, 2007 3:58 PM
Oct 2007
I'm so sad its over, but it ended really well. The last few episodes were awesome.
Nov 3, 2007 5:53 PM

Jun 2007
love the series 10+
the begining started soo strong that I though it would go downhill, but it didnt, the middle wasnt as good as the begining, but nothing bad at all, the end, I though was a little rushed but loved it x3 Im sad that its over Dx I cried/ laugh so much in this series. this series has defeated OHSHC by a long shot in my opinion (in terms of love comedy)
I hope there is a second season x3
Dec 3, 2007 4:20 PM

Dec 2007
I personally loved this episode, something about LC made me fall in love with it and watch the whole anime in one day! I really hope they make a Season 2 to it, it's successful right? Thats more reason to make a season two! But overall I loved this episode, though it made me sad that it was the last one of the whole anime. If they ever make a Season two they should make it be like them with college life. :)
Jan 7, 2008 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
wow i loved this anime, i watched it and couldnt stop! The ending was good too! Im just glad it didn't end like bokura ga ita =[
Jan 10, 2008 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
i loved everything about that anime!! from beginning to end, it just awesome, and funny, and heartwarming, and sometimes heartbreaking. the best romantic comedy i have seen so far, and definitely a two thumbs up!
Feb 18, 2008 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
azurel said:
I've been wondering why they never followed the manga storyline?

That doesn't allways work either, you should watch sayonara zetsubou sensei, they explain the problems with following the "original way" very good. :P

Well, anyway, I loved Lovecon! So damn funny, and the Kanzai-ben was so fitting too. All Hanshin Kyoujin really owned.

The end was good, both funny and romantic.

Overall this is one of the funniest animés I have watched.
DarkBlueFeb 18, 2008 2:39 PM
Feb 22, 2008 5:55 AM

Feb 2008
Kind of too many episodes for a story like this! it was fun though! loved it!
Feb 23, 2008 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
awwwwww! The final episode was so good! ♥
the only thing left to do now is rewatch it :)
Mar 10, 2008 5:29 AM

Feb 2008
When I finished watching episode 24, I felt like it was not enough.

But I still enjoy it overall, along with the rest of the episodes.

I never read the manga but I believe its a nice anime to promote it,
even though they didn't actually follow the storyline but most anime are like that too.
The characters and seiyuus are all great.

I may even read the manga in future.

In the meantime, LC is something I'd definitely recommend watching :)
Mar 10, 2008 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Series would've been much better with more manzai combi and less silly relationship angst. Cause let's face it guys: Risa and Otani are a pair of complete morons. Likeable morons to be sure, but that does nothing for the show as a romance.

Initially gave it an 8/10, but downgraded my rating later for too much stupid on the part of our leads.

Also series way to dependent on A new challenger has appeared! wash, rinse, repeat formula. Got really old after like...the first time.
kasumisamaMar 10, 2008 11:56 AM
May 18, 2008 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
a good ending to a good show. *sigh* totally cute ~ how all romcoms should be like.
overall i gave it a 9/10....if it had stopped at ep 19 then i would have given it a 10/10. for me the last few eps were kinda unecessary. ahh well was still a great series. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2008 5:23 PM
Nov 2007
sour-kun said:
qft

i loved this series x3
the last ep reall did a good job combining all the elements that made this series what it is.
grawrrr now im sad its over ;___;
but yay otaniXrisa. yay lovecom<33
Jun 22, 2008 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
well it got kinda lame at the end with each couple going through some "lame" trial but it was enjoyable over all. good anime.
Jul 4, 2008 7:47 PM

Nov 2007

waaaa.. i really love lovely complex..
atsushixrisa forever!.. hahaha.. i need second season! what wiLLhappen to them when otani will study in a university?and risa as a stylist.. wow! hahaha

in the end.. im kinda lonely.. lovecom has ended! huhu
but hapee..!

lovely complex..!
otani x koizumi 2geder 4eveR !!! hahahaha
Jul 8, 2008 12:51 PM
Mar 2008
soo great, 9/10 wish i hadn't put this off till now. Kinda felt rushed at the end with each couples trials taking a few eps but it ended great. Really funny, heart warming, and good drama. Would be cool to see them in the future.
Jul 19, 2008 11:22 AM
Jul 2008
9.5/10 for the series, for me.

The only thing I didn't like was that they could have developed the storyline to the Nobu/Nakao and Chiharu/Suzuki problems throughout the second half of the series, rather than just throwing them in there as 10 minute things.

I really love Otani's character, he seemed like a very familiar, realistic guy of his age (even if he was a bit slow...).
Aug 21, 2008 1:05 PM
Apr 2008
LoveCom, over again :'(

While I think they could have developed Risa's ambitions over more than just the last episode, I really can't fault this episode. It's the best...

I might read the manga soon :P
ScribblyAug 21, 2008 1:08 PM

Aug 26, 2008 2:20 PM

May 2008
it was a nice ending :)
I liked how we got a few eps of Risa and Otani as a couple before the series ended.

Oct 6, 2008 11:01 PM

May 2008
Awesome anime! one of the best romance/comedy i seen, made me laugh and made me go "aw". Truly awesome and totally worth watching.
Oct 14, 2008 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
that made me teary-eyed =']
i wonder how the valedictorian would feel knowing her speech got torn and was taken for granted =x
Nov 5, 2008 1:21 PM

Jun 2008
i loved it. it was really good actually. because it was a good thing that they didn't make it last any longer. cuz in manga, there are lots of intrigues which wasn't in anime. in anime, their love sticks in our mind as a oure love but if you read the manga, it's just like a soap opera. so, trust me the anime ending is really good :D
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why no dub?

boldulysses - Sep 2, 2020

21 by _untitled »»
Jun 3, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Madonnalal - Sep 19, 2007

118 by Byniavo »»
May 29, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 20, 2007

93 by Byniavo »»
May 29, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Aug 9, 2007

157 by Byniavo »»
May 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 21, 2007

80 by Byniavo »»
May 28, 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.