Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2022 5:59 PM

Jul 2021
This ending just felt repetitive, the characters never really click into me, the animation is inconsistent at times, and I get it's trying to be a leisure but maybe some episodes just felt like it was the same shit about the liquor shenanigans all over with the direction. Death Parade definitely is a miles better than this weak representation and everything in general is just a lackluster. 2/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 30, 2023 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
Man, I really thought I would like this, but what a fucking drag....

I don't through around the word pretentious a lot, but this anime would be right up there, personally speaking. Even the interesting historical aspects of the drinks became dull and overused, the human drama was shitty or boring, the bartender seemingly had all the answers, the character art was uninspired (I can only visualize the MCs face lol, might be a first), the story telling was weird and sometimes confusing, it just goes on...

The sound was great though, really complimented the tone of the show. Unskippable ED as well, cool live action sequences at the end of every episode. 4/10 overall.
Apr 15, 9:58 PM
Aug 2020
Help, I’m having trouble figuring out.

What did they mean by “If a gentlemen thief gave money, what does a bartender give”?

Is it supposed to be a singular thing? Or multiple things? Like comfort? Rest for the soul? A hideout?

Or is it supposed to be a reference to the title of the episode. Bartenders serve alcohol/water of life and therefore Bartenders give life?
Apr 15, 10:00 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Man, I really thought I would like this, but what a fucking drag....

I don't through around the word pretentious a lot, but this anime would be right up there, personally speaking. Even the interesting historical aspects of the drinks became dull and overused, the human drama was shitty or boring, the bartender seemingly had all the answers, the character art was uninspired (I can only visualize the MCs face lol, might be a first), the story telling was weird and sometimes confusing, it just goes on...

The sound was great though, really complimented the tone of the show. Unskippable ED as well, cool live action sequences at the end of every episode. 4/10 overall.
@GakutoDeathGlare Are you the same kind of guy as the first side character that was scared of bars? 😂 Pretentious really? The whole premise of the show was to show that Bars were for everyone and NOT pretentious 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ almost seemed like you only watched the first minute of the show LOOL
Apr 15, 10:18 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Curtmc
@GakutoDeathGlare Are you the same kind of guy as the first side character that was scared of bars? 😂 Pretentious really? The whole premise of the show was to show that Bars were for everyone and NOT pretentious 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ almost seemed like you only watched the first minute of the show LOOL
@Curtmc Why are you assuming I'm talking about the experience of going to a bar, pretentious? That's not what I said at all, moron. But nice strawman lol
Apr 15, 10:24 PM
Aug 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
@Curtmc Why are you assuming I'm talking about the experience of going to a bar, pretentious? That's not what I said at all, moron. But nice strawman lol

You seem bitter about something. You should visit a bar some time 😂 Way to go with insulting me but saying nothing at the end of the day. Why are you assuming I’m saying you find the concept of bars pretentious when the whole anime is literally about… you guessed it. BARS.

An empty vessel makes the most noise? What’s pretentious is your review. You pretend to know what you’re saying and make it seem well written but it has nothin to it 😂 Come back when you’ve cleared your head of its rot lmao.
Apr 15, 10:26 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Curtmc
GakutoDeathGlare said:

You seem bitter about something. You should visit a bar some time 😂 Way to go with insulting me but saying nothing at the end of the day. Why are you assuming I’m saying you find the concept of bars pretentious when the whole anime is literally about… you guessed it. BARS.

An empty vessel makes the most noise? What’s pretentious is your review. You pretend to know what you’re saying and make it seem well written but it has nothin to it 😂 Come back when you’ve cleared your head of its rot lmao.
@Curtmc "You seem bitter" says the guy who quoted my old Bartender post cause he's mad that somebody holds a negative opinion on an anime he likes. I won't come back, because I don't care about this show lol, unlike you and your hard on for it. Pathetic.
Apr 15, 10:29 PM
Aug 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
@Curtmc "You seem bitter" says the guy who quoted my old Bartender post cause he's mad that somebody holds a negative opinion on an anime he likes. I won't come back, because I don't care about this show lol, unlike you and your hard on for it. Pathetic.

Hahaha “comes back to insult” and then claims he won’t come back. I wonder who left a review on an anime from 2006 in 2023?? 😂 You’re a funny guy. All the anime making your brain rot my guy. I have no problem with negative reviews. It’s the fact that you even called it pretentious. It went in one of your ears and out the other cause your head’s so hollow 😂
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Jul 2023
Not a story but it's exposition galore.

I was amused by the info overload and the glamore of this job.

If only bartenders in real life are like him, who could replace shrinks.
Apr 26, 3:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like this kind of recap about the Eden Hall as a whole and the job of Barman, the people that are coming here with their own problems and all the different cocktails and drinks with their meaning, "water of life" is indeed a good summary for everything around that, I really liked this anime's themes, very relaxing overall, going to check the 2024 version but this was solid. 8/10
May 15, 8:55 PM

Aug 2019
It was such a pleasure to watch this anime. It has such a unique charm.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender Episode 6 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 7, 2009

30 by not_loryan »»
May 11, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Bartender Episode 10 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 7, 2009

36 by Ashhk »»
Apr 26, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Bartender Episode 9 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 7, 2009

33 by Ashhk »»
Apr 26, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Bartender Episode 8 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 7, 2009

32 by Ashhk »»
Apr 26, 2:48 AM

» Live action/anime

Tristax - Nov 17, 2014

2 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 26, 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.