Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Emi or Chi-chan?
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Jul 2, 2017 9:35 PM
Jun 2017
For me, it's Emi. I like her tsundereness. Despite her hate towards Maou she has her carrying side of her. I love every aspect of Emi's character. For Chiho, I mean grown man together with big breast loli is kinda off. Yes she's cute and all but her bubbly personality make me annoyed everytime she's on scene. She's like this show version of Yuigahama Yui from Oregairu and I really find that super annoying.

Also, oppai don't mean shit at all
Jul 13, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2017
DISCLAIMER:THERE IS SPOLIERS OF THE MANGA AND THE ANIME AND PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE MY OPINION I WOJLD JUST LKE TO SHARE IT.

The
Reason why I vote Emi is because she only blushes for Maou and not other boys.Even later on in the manga ever since Alas Ramus came she made Maou and Emi's relationship being closer.They may still hold hatred for each other but often in times they start to talk regularly not about violence but how they should take care of her daughter,also when I put many scenerious of Emi and Maou together I see Maou starting to show feelings for Emi latee on and she is starting to become sightful of her feelings for Maou. Emi and Maou also in the manga had to do many things told by Alas or she will get upset and they don't want that for Alas.

As for Chi even if she tries to impress Maou he still doesn't see the point she's getting at and later in the manga she barley had any interactive conversations with him was because he was focused on Alas which is his "Family" with Emi.Chi was seen as a co-worker and a friend from the beginning in Maou's eyes even though that perspective may change it can be a low possibility plus in the manga when he saved Chi she blushed but he said "I have to save Chi because she is my best Co-Worker I have to save my workers I will not let any harm come to them".

PS.Emi starts caring about Maou more later on because he was trying to sacrifice himself to save Alas from a person who was trying to take her away.Emi actually told him not to do it even though she said that because she wants to kill him herself there is one hidden message that she gives out why she said no (READ IT YOURSELF).Also at the whole season 1 and manga he shows that he notices Emi's 'body' more than Chi's.The meaning is he notices Emi's body than Chi's like for example when Emi was trapped and she only had her undergarments on since she was stripped from clothes from a angel Maou then came to save her and notices her body and she told him to look away or something like that but when Chi puts on nice clothes on he just says nice clothes something along those lines and he shrugged it off and talks.

This is just my opinion please don't be rude and later on we don't know whether his feelings would be toward Chi or not so let's just wait until we find out.
Jul 25, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 2017
Must be Emi. What will be the point of having Alas-Ramus? A "daughter" of Emi and Maou right? If not the whole story will be trash.. hehe.

Besides Emi already develop romantic feelings for Maou.. read the novel, its so nice! so much of Emi x Maou moments ^_^

Maou's starting to develop tsudere personality towards Emi too.. so Cute!!!
Jul 25, 2017 7:14 PM
Jul 2017
I think there's something awesome and interesting that will happen in Maou and Emi in the future.. I mean the whole story of Hataraku Maou. Just my opinion but... Alas is currently merged with Emi and Acies is currently merged with Maou, the twin Yesod fragments right? Then Emi's mother Laila is like desperately asking for Maou and Emi's help, saying they are the only ones that can help her right? There's a catch I think? and there's this legend of the original or first Demon Lord Satan. What's the connection between Maou and that demon lord? Why should it be Maou and Emi to help her? Not to mention if I remember it correctly Laila somewhat said that Emi is special or something? Well I forgot but there's also a catch in Emi's existence just like Maou. Now, what will happen with the two Yesod fragments that are currently merged with the two of them? I am curious and excited! Haha
Jul 25, 2017 7:39 PM
Jul 2017
Emi and Maou would probably be back on Ente Isla and Chiho will be left in Japan. Maou cannot just leave his people or should I say demons in Ente Isla alone despite what he say he still cares for them. Aside from that he wants to stay in Japan to learn more about how people live or to learn more about life. So yeah... Maou and Emi for sure. Haha This is my favorite anime because of Maou and Emi.. I never loved an anime like this before to the point that I even read the LN. If they didn't end up together or Maou ended with Chiho.. I will be really heart broken that I think I would cry... Should be Maou and Emi! Die hard shipper here.
Oct 3, 2017 10:32 PM
Oct 2017
Cool_Bro said:
I say emi because on novel 13 emi embraces maou because he cares about her but sense maou is so dense it'll take awhile for him to realize that she loves him.

Please where can I read the novel 12 ?
Oct 3, 2017 10:37 PM
Oct 2017
Himejanine said:
I think there's something awesome and interesting that will happen in Maou and Emi in the future.. I mean the whole story of Hataraku Maou. Just my opinion but... Alas is currently merged with Emi and Acies is currently merged with Maou, the twin Yesod fragments right? Then Emi's mother Laila is like desperately asking for Maou and Emi's help, saying they are the only ones that can help her right? There's a catch I think? and there's this legend of the original or first Demon Lord Satan. What's the connection between Maou and that demon lord? Why should it be Maou and Emi to help her? Not to mention if I remember it correctly Laila somewhat said that Emi is special or something? Well I forgot but there's also a catch in Emi's existence just like Maou. Now, what will happen with the two Yesod fragments that are currently merged with the two of them? I am curious and excited! Haha

Please where can I read those scan ?
Oct 22, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
My vote goes to Emilia
Nov 10, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
I love both, tbh, but I voted for Chi-chan because she's not a tsundere. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 11, 2017 6:13 AM
Jan 2017
stimboc said:
For me, it's Emi. I like her tsundereness. Despite her hate towards Maou she has her carrying side of her. I love every aspect of Emi's character. For Chiho, I mean grown man together with big breast loli is kinda off. Yes she's cute and all but her bubbly personality make me annoyed everytime she's on scene. She's like this show version of Yuigahama Yui from Oregairu and I really find that super annoying.

Also, oppai don't mean shit at all

It's just like I thought.

Jan 22, 2018 12:19 AM
Jul 2016
Nothing beats maou x emi chemistry
Feb 20, 2018 12:18 AM
Dec 2017
Truee , one of the best couple in anime
Mar 3, 2018 5:28 PM

Feb 2016
Emi by a long shot.

Chiho is just...eh
Mar 9, 2018 5:33 PM
Feb 2018
It's like I hate chi chan but she seems superficial and just a weakling
When it's a little it's cute but she really annoys .I like emi .She is strong by strong i mean mentally as well as pshycally.she can accomplish something but some like chi han who haven't even properly told her feelings and yet desires his attention seems greedy to me. It's more like she doesn't deserve it.ofc emi and maou have a child .So whats wrong in letting them be together
AnnaelizabethMar 9, 2018 5:42 PM
May 2, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2017
I hate that chi-bitch so much... disgusting ugh...

plz @ me
May 24, 2018 12:10 PM
Oct 2015
Emi by miles <3❤❤❤
Mata ne ;)
Dec 20, 2018 10:03 PM
Dec 2018
I love Chiho she’s so cute and sweet ,but she’s 16. I kinda like Emi ,and I know they’ll end up together in the end ,but I still prefer Chiho.
Dec 25, 2018 3:19 PM
Dec 2018
Well i love both of them 😊 tbh
though i prefer chi chan more 😍
And reading these war makes me sick... 😵
Dec 31, 2018 1:01 AM
Aug 2018
2 Special Mac Burger coming right up!
Feb 13, 2019 7:14 AM
Sep 2015
Emi and maou forever!!!! :)
Feb 27, 2019 4:34 AM
Oct 2018
Emi ofc, cz they have better relationship
Apr 12, 2019 11:29 PM
Jan 2019
Emi ftw. Chi is quite annoying sometimes.
May 25, 2019 11:59 PM
Dec 2014
depressedbunny said:
I love Chiho she’s so cute and sweet ,but she’s 16. I kinda like Emi ,and I know they’ll end up together in the end ,but I still prefer Chiho.

Emi is just a year older than Chiho though or I think they're the same age not sure.
May 27, 2019 4:17 AM
Nov 2015
Emi but chi is also quite tempting, you know with her "personality"
Sep 5, 2019 11:17 AM

Sep 2010
I love Chiho more I only read partway of volume 4 of the novel with the demon baby so I don't really know what happens after that.

But I knew from the start of the anime that Emi and Maou are set up to be endgame and it hurts kinda cause I think Emi and Shirou/Maou and Chiho are the cuter couples imo I know I'm weird. But when Emi and Maou does become canon either at the end or in future volumes I'm not caught up with yet I mean I can accept it cause she is a pretty cool girl.

I really need to finishing reading volume 4 sometime and pick up the other volumes.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 11, 2019 1:34 AM
Sep 2010
Keep in mind I’ve only ever seen the show, but I have a hard time believing that Emi would ever fall in love with Maou. She’s been at war with him for god knows how long and likely has witnessed 1st hand the cruelty and destruction that he’s responsible for. Even if he suddenly gained a heart, I honestly don’t see it possible for her to develop feelings for him. Do you think a WW2 soldier would be able to fall in love with Hitler if he suddenly became kind? Forgive him maybe, but to fall in love with him? I don’t think so. So if I had to vote for anyone, it would be Chiho.
Oct 13, 2019 4:40 AM
Apr 2018
I'll choose Emi even though she is flat :3
Nov 1, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
Emilia has every traits needed as a likeable character: tragic past, red hair that turned into white, strong, tsun(dere), mature and calm, soft hearted, and hardworking.
So, being normal makes you happy?
Does being normal guarantee happiness?
- Ritsuro (I Shall Never Return) -
Nov 26, 2019 4:51 PM
Aug 2019
Emi,
The main reason is due to the fact that she and Maou have better chemistry than Maou and chi. IMO, Chi is love-struck and loves Maou because well he is Maou. I mean anyone would react in some way why that say that oh the person you love is a demon lord and led raids on countless regions and she says oh it doesn't matter cause I see him as a good guy now. Also, Maou sees Chi as a Co-Worker (Maou's Subordinate since he is her acting manager) and friend, and it is pretty much an unwritten rule that you don't fuck with a demon's subordinate so that explains why he is overprotective of Chi. As for Emi, he knows that she can defend herself so he isn't so protective of her plus he doesn't see her as a subordinate and now that they have Alsa (their adopted daughter) that pretty much gives her the leg up over chi.
Jan 1, 2020 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
Chi is so fucking annoying and bland.

Emi on the other hand...more mature looking, long hair, hot and relationship between satan and hero? Just sounds amazing.
Jan 2, 2020 9:46 AM
Jan 2020
For me its definitely emi, why? Because chi chan's personality is too annoying with all the act she come up with. And what i hate the most about anime girls are their attitude where they are nagging the boy and ask him questions about a girl that the boy is with, i mean what do they care they're not in a romantic relationship afterall. She should stop thr nagging coz nothing's going on between them. Unlike emi, who doesnt even nag maou. (chi chan's attitude in filipino is "pabebe" and i hate those type of people)
Jan 2, 2020 10:54 AM
Dec 2019
Chi-chan : i love you maou
Yuusha : maou! I love you!
Maou : nty,i love alsiel

Lolzzz
Jan 26, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2017
Emi is more sexy and tsunderes are irresistible
Jan 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
Don't remember if I said my two cents but I've always hated Chiho; annoying cow-breasted little ditz.

EmixMaou is where it's at. >:3

Apr 14, 2020 10:59 PM
May 2018
EMI FOREVER!!! I DON'T LIKE CHIHO SHE'S ANNOYING AF
Apr 21, 2020 1:57 AM
Apr 2020
Emi. She's beautiful. Some of you might think she's a tsundere but she has a logical reason to hate Maou but she'll break that barrier eventually. I hate Chiho. She's annoying. I am almost forced to drop reading the LN because of her.
May 11, 2020 1:30 AM
Apr 2020
CHIII OMGGG
Look, I love Emi, but maybe for Alciel!! The Chi and Maou moments basically made me fall in love with that ship, don’t tell me the author did all that for nothing😭😭
May 28, 2020 1:42 AM
Aug 2017
Tsunderes like emi are just annoying, and chiho it’s too cute to be rejected.
May 28, 2020 4:20 AM
Jan 2018
Emi ofc. I've read the LN up to vol 19. I just found chi is really annoying asshole every volume. It's like if the author likes her.
Jun 2, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2014
Emi for me. Both great characters but just felt something more towards Emi.
Jul 2, 2020 1:41 PM
Apr 2020
Is it just me or is Chi-Chan so annoying in the series.
Aug 14, 2020 5:55 AM
Aug 2020
emii!!! best girl, chichan is just like a little sister
Aug 17, 2020 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
Light Novel just ended, though endgame pair cause controversiies, some even compared it with domestic kanojo ending.
Oct 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Jun 2016
adamskispoor said:
Light Novel just ended, though endgame pair cause controversiies, some even compared it with domestic kanojo ending.
Glad no season 2. That ending sucks. Fuck the author

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Oct 27, 2020 2:29 AM
Mar 2012
Chiho 100%. Not only is Emi annoying, but she's also pretty stupid. Such a dumb character and not a good match for the Demon Lord. Chiho is the only obvious and logical conclusion for this show. Ending surprised me but I'm glad Chiho got picked. I wanted Emi to die many times so I'm sad that wasn't the case.
Nov 5, 2020 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
adamskispoor said:

Wait, so, it was a harem ending?

Doesn't matter, I'm gonna be Team Emi all the way!

Author should make an alternate ending for Maou/Emi like what the author of Re:Zero did.
Dec 18, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2010
Where's the Suzuno option? haha
Dec 18, 2020 5:57 PM

Sep 2020
I like Chi-Chan's booblets.
Jan 3, 2021 2:01 PM
Jan 2021
I chose EMI why? because

The most potential character is EMI which should be ended up with Maou even if emi is confused with her duties killing devil but she still show soft spot for him even emi have more chemistry with Maou than any of Character's and Maou aslo seems to understand he is not blind totally he notice her every time every where and don't forget emi is mother and Maou is father of Alas-rumas this is undeniable part to reject there pairing

Let's talk about why I hate ending Maou with Chiho most of all Chiho is teen girl who is currently studying at school and working with Maou from start to end of series she is just crying about all things and yeah not to forget her 2 big Mellon which she often use to lure Maou towards her I was very fine with that no problem as it was commedy but further when emi and Maou got daughter Alas-rumas this was end of cheap trick chi was using but no she still used even when she know they both have a daughter still she try to wreck there home and on top of that the most creepy family is Chiho family if you guys noticed or not god knows but Chiho mom was cheating on her own husband as we can see when Chiho got into comma with that sonar pulse from tv before that her mom told to cook her rice and her mom expression were I am going to meet a guy she was literally about to drool she was telling her daughter that she is going out with other man than her father with no good intentions which solves mistry about what chiho is not less than her mom,next family at farm all others known emi and Maou have a thing and they are mom and dad of Alas-rumas but still teasing Chiho with Maou name are this people blind or something trolling there own neice with the name of so called father of child with mother existence in same place what the hell on 1 people I on Chiho family which is big brother because he was not that blind as other

Next why Chiho in every füçking thing on top she do nothing all done by emi and suzuno and all credit goes to Chiho is writer a drunk or something before writing all this or he is got to much into her Mellon that he forgot she didn't do a thing other than cry and saying Maou san I was wtf wrong with this character when I Hurd and read light novel is over and Chiho won Maou I was like WTF are you kidding me even writer forget Maou has kid with mother not dead and Maou is father still he forced him to go with this à$$hole Chiho with big Mellon with just one kiss really this writer has really brain issues he doesn't even consider his own Character worth whom to put in front and whom to put in trash Chiho really deserve trash 🗑️ and emi deserves Maou the devil kings wife real wife.
Jan 3, 2021 2:24 PM
Jan 2021
AtmaIllumina said:
Chiho 100%. Not only is Emi annoying, but she's also pretty stupid. Such a dumb character and not a good match for the Demon Lord. Chiho is the only obvious and logical conclusion for this show. Ending surprised me but I'm glad Chiho got picked. I wanted Emi to die many times so I'm sad that wasn't the case.

Actually bro what made you think emi annoying and that 2 big Mellon chiho so adorable

If I give you quick synopsis of Chiho is most annoying Character in whole series not even her family is normal all are creepy except her big brother,all from start to end chiho did all is crying every time and always get in villian hand and emi and suzuno have to risk there live to save this worthless Character,

On top of all emi is freaking mother of Maou daughter and she most developed Character in whole series from arch enemy to couple or I say little happy family which is ruined by your home wrecking Chiho she is even that much shameless she try her every cheap trick even when she know she is taking away father from Alas-rumas and Emi the mother is still not dead by any means giving Maou to Chiho is kinda putting donkey face on horse neck it's forced ending I don't like it at all if he wanted to end Maou with the worthless Character he shouldn't even started to write this thing in First place.will say one they got hell chiho
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

622 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 28, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

363 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 27, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

268 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 25, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

295 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 24, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2013

265 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 22, 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.