Sep 2014
Jerkhov said:
traps

Naoto best trap.
Oct 12, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
Tomboyish girly girls
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 12, 2015 7:48 PM

Oct 2015
zoknimano said:
LionCake said:
Tomboy personality. Girly looks and fashion.
Win.

THIS is the answer I was looking for ^
Oct 12, 2015 10:49 PM

Mar 2014
LionCake said:
Tomboy personality. Girly looks and fashion.
Never been more on point, LC.
Oct 12, 2015 10:50 PM

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
zoknimano said:
Win.

So basically a cool girl who's easy to talk to but still cares about her appearance and being cute.
Accurate.
Oct 12, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
Girly girls who looks like tomboys or tomboys who look like girly girls.
Oct 12, 2015 10:54 PM

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
HunterGawdess said:

So basically a cool girl who's easy to talk to but still cares about her appearance and being cute.
Accurate.

One who has different traits and qualities makes them likeable. Also, a girl who is comfortable wearing any type of clothes, masculine or feminine. But if you're a girl, your personality should be feminine in some ways, and masculine in others. Typically, this goes for tomboys. But I side tomboys, cuz I can talk with them forever, about video games, sports, etc.
Oct 12, 2015 10:59 PM

Oct 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
Girly girls who looks like tomboys or tomboys who look like girly girls.

Looks deceive.
Oct 12, 2015 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
HunterGawdess said:

Accurate.
In what world is the tomboy not cute?
Oct 12, 2015 11:03 PM

Jun 2014
I'm more girly, but I never worry too much about tags and just do what I like best so I a have traits of both.

both are nice to have as friends, but I have more girly friends mainly because my interests generally align more with them. I've had many tomboyish friends too though.
Oct 12, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2015
uhhhh I've dated only tomboys so I'll stick to that side
Oct 12, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2012
ibear said:
mayukachan said:
Accurate.
They don't care about their looks as much and what they wear.
Oct 12, 2015 11:22 PM

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
ibear said:

Maybe Ibear is talking about personality, not looks.
Oct 12, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
mayukachan said:

Ah, yeah I wasn't. I meant that girly girls want to be cute. They care about that more.
Oct 12, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
HunterGawdess said:

Ah, yeah I wasn't. I meant that girly girls want to be cute. They care about that more.

I'm pretty darn sure that girly girls like to look at themselves in the mirror the whole time...
Oct 12, 2015 11:26 PM
Oct 2010
All the girls I ever had a crush on were tomboys.
Oct 12, 2015 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
Why only the two extremes? something in the middle is much more appealing.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
I'm pretty darn sure that girly girls like to look at themselves in the mirror the whole time...

That's a narcissist. You can be super girly but not like to be vain.
Oct 12, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2015
DisdainMatto said:

Like? Gimme an example, hm?
Oct 12, 2015 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
HunterGawdess said:
DisdainMatto said:
...do you really think every girl is either a tomboy or girly girl?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
DisdainMatto said:

Mostly every girl on this site, minus Claire.

Jul 2014
Honestly I'm talking about both. But on the subject of appearance...

They're cute

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
HunterGawdess said:

I said that as an expression. But they like to check themselves in a mirror from time to time.

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
mayukachan said:

I said that as an expression. But they like to check themselves in a mirror from time to time.
I do, too. Nothing wrong with checking how bomb you look. ;)

ibear said:
Honestly I'm talking about both. But on the subject of appearance...

They're cute
She wears makeup and cares for her hair. She is on the girly side.
Oct 12, 2015 11:35 PM

Oct 2015
DisdainMatto said:
HunterGawdess said:

No, I don't. But that necessarily doesn't mean that I'm talking about every single girl in the world. Most people would categorise girls into either category. But I'm only talking about Tomboys and Girly-girls, and by no means I'm talking about every girl. Anyways, there is no official name for a middle, I guess :)
Oct 12, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
-_-" c'mon, hair care isn't girly, that's hygiene.

Oct 2015
[quote=mayukachan]
HunterGawdess said:
mayukachan said:

I do, too. Nothing wrong with checking how bomb you look. ;)
Yeah, but not ALL the time. (I don't mean girlies do that)

Jan 2014
HunterGawdess said:
Most people would categorise girls into either category.
This is where we disagree
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
ibear said:
mayukachan said:
In the third picture, she looks like she curled it. That's extra, not hygiene.
Oct 12, 2015 11:42 PM

Oct 2015
DisdainMatto said:
HunterGawdess said:
Most people would categorise girls into either category.
This is where we disagree

Ok, not everybody, only when it comes to this topic :) (WE ARE NOT GOING TO ARGUE)
Oct 12, 2015 11:43 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
ibear said:
She was about to be on television, the second was a youtube video that I think was used during the women's world cup.

Cute as fuck to be honest
Oct 12, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
ibear said:
Depending on your ethnicity, that just happens naturally.

ibear said:
Cute as fuck to be honest
This makes me kind of want a thread about, appearance wise, what types of girls we find attractive...... Maybe it's best not the stir the hornets nest too much though.
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
DisdainMatto said:
mayukachan said:
From what I've seen, her hair isn't naturally like that. If you even put a bit of extra effort in your beauty like makeup and hair styling, I think it's a bit girly to do so.
Oct 12, 2015 11:48 PM

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
DisdainMatto said:
From what I've seen, her hair isn't naturally like that. If you even put a bit of extra effort in your beauty like makeup and hair styling, I think it's a bit girly to do so.

That's quite picky to be honest. I'm sure every girl (including me) tends to do their hair one time or another. I quite agree with makeup, tho.
Oct 12, 2015 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
HunterGawdess said:
mayukachan said:

That's quite picky to be honest. I'm sure every girl (including me) tends to do their hair one time or another. I quite agree with makeup, tho.
That's why I don't think that any girl can be completely on the tomboy side. It's natural to care about your looks. My best friend is a tomboy but she still asks me for fashion tips and how to make herself look better.
Oct 12, 2015 11:52 PM

Oct 2014
HunterGawdess said:
DisdainMatto said:

No, I don't. But that necessarily doesn't mean that I'm talking about every single girl in the world. Most people would categorise girls into either category. But I'm only talking about Tomboys and Girly-girls, and by no means I'm talking about every girl. Anyways, there is no official name for a middle, I guess :)
We can call the middle "normal" or "average". Out of the three options it is the most common and what I consider the most attractive. There may be black and white, but it is mostly shades of grey.

I've taken some personality quizzes of "tomboy or girly girl" and although it was uncommon, there were a few that called me a girly girl from my genuine responses. If you try to put something so varied into a 0/1 format then the judgement will not be accurate.
Oct 12, 2015 11:53 PM

Oct 2015
mayukachan said:
HunterGawdess said:

That's why I don't think that any girl can be completely on the tomboy side. It's natural to care about your looks. My best friend is a tomboy but she still asks me for fashion tips and how to make herself look better.

Could have said that earlier -_-
Oct 12, 2015 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't want to have to use this, but here's the ringer

HunterGawdess said:
Thank you. A girl being a tomboy doesn't mean she's totally unkept, she's probably just not going to opt for the frills, bells and whistles.
Oct 12, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2015
I don't like a girly girl personality so I guess tomboy...
Also I don't like when a girl wears dresses and heels all the time and so yeah Tomboy for sure.
Oct 12, 2015 11:57 PM

Oct 2015
ibear said:
I didn't want to have to use this, but here's the ringer

HunterGawdess said:
Thank you. A girl being a tomboy doesn't mean she's totally unkept, she's probably just not going to opt for the frills, bells and whistles.

Like if you're wearing earrings or something, along with jackets or sweaters, people shouldn't freak out or say something like "You're so girly! Wearing earrings..."
Oct 12, 2015 11:58 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
HunterGawdess said:

We can call the middle "normal" or "average". Out of the three options it is the most common and what I consider the most attractive. There may be black and white, but it is mostly shades of grey.
You're right, it also mostly depends if you're going to some event or something. But making a forum title simple would be better than to write something like, 'middle, girly-girl or tomboy?'

I've taken some personality quizzes of "tomboy or girly girl" and although it was uncommon, there were a few that called me a girly girl from my genuine responses. If you try to put something so varied into a 0/1 format then the judgement will not be accurate.
Oct 13, 2015 12:01 AM

Oct 2015
HunterGawdess said:
zombie_pegasus said:
You're right, it also mostly depends if you're going to some event or something. But making a forum title simple would be better than to write something like, 'middle, girly-girl or tomboy?'

No, the net can't give you an accurate answer, no matter what. Only you can decide for yourself if your more girly or more tomboyish. Rather, or normal, of course.
Oct 13, 2015 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
Tomboys no contest, they're much easier to get along with in general.
Oct 13, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
HunterGawdess said:
No, the net can't give you an accurate answer, no matter what. Only you can decide for yourself if your more girly or more tomboyish. Rather, or normal, of course.
You do realise that I'm a guy, right? A male should not score as a girly girl on a test like that. It is a spectrum. The glass can be half full or half empty but if it is 5/8 full you should report it as being completely full. There are not only two options.
Oct 13, 2015 12:12 AM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
HunterGawdess said:
You do realise that I'm a guy, right? A male should not score as a girly girl on a test like that. It is a spectrum. The glass can be half full or half empty but if it is 5/8 full you should report it as being completely full. There are not only two options.

Wait.... if you're a guy, why did you even take those tests? And yes, there are not only two options, but I can't put on a whole list of different options. A title "Tomboys VS Girly-Girls" is more simple, or maybe I'm just lazy.
Oct 13, 2015 12:26 AM

Oct 2014
HunterGawdess said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Wait.... if you're a guy, why did you even take those tests? And yes, there are not only two options, but I can't put on a whole list of different options. A title "Tomboys VS Girly-Girls" is more simple, or maybe I'm just lazy.
I just took them for fun.

Some people do act as if there are only two options. Obviously there are always more versions of "in between" then there are poles (there can only be two poles and there can be infinite points in between them). Facebook has around 50 different gender options. Most people will fall in between and it can be hard to figure out which pole they are closest to. Having at least one option for the middle is better than having to choose between the poles.
Oct 13, 2015 12:31 AM
Feb 2014
The one that isn't black or white (Referring to the saying "It doesn't have to be black or white" not racial lens).
Oct 13, 2015 12:32 AM

Oct 2015
Nico- said:
The one that isn't black or white (Referring to the saying "It doesn't have to be black or white" not racial lens).

You mean middle, right?
Oct 13, 2015 12:33 AM
Feb 2014
HunterGawdess said:
Nico- said:

You mean middle, right?

The one that's grey.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is it the older you get nothing seems to be the same.

The-Nsider - 9 hours ago

10 by Soverign »»
4 minutes ago

» What's your favorite kind of architecture?

removed-user - Sep 16, 2022

12 by calvintheo »»
31 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Yesterday

56 by kutuya »»
49 minutes ago

» What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Yuno - Sep 19

38 by Hikinekomori »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » What do mermaids eat?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

13 by vasipi4946 »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.