Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2015 1:24 PM
Mar 2012
John_h said:
Cakedog said:
No one really hates Kyoukai no Kanata, Amaburi, or Free!.
They get hate for Clannad, Haruhi and K-On!, titles that get unfounded praise by the 90%.

Unfounded? You're kidding, right? I haven't seen Clannad, but Haruhi and K-ON! deserve the praise they get.

Working_Designs said:
Because they have never made a good Anime.

Dude, would you please watch something before you judge it? You're giving me a really really hard time when it comes to taking you seriously.

K-on might be good, but it's such a blah genre that it's not exactly impressive if you tell me about how good it is - it's still a cute girls going cute things series at the end of the day. The same thing can be said about Free! and probably their latest anime Hibike Euphorium - the basic premise is the same so they're really just remaking the same series over and over. TO be clear, I don't hate Free or K-on - I don't like them but hey they weren't aimed at me, I just dislike that it's Kyoani who makes stuff like that.

Amaburi was a solid okay, I thought the supoporting cast REALLY let the series down though, Tamako Market was garbage and the only good thing about it was the movie. Kyoukai no Kanata was so meh it's unbeliveably - it was damn pretty but so horrible stuffed with cliche moe crap that it hurt. Instead of the darker fantasy series they advertised it as, we got lot of moe crap interspersed with some vague story, plus the ending was crap...

Basically their recent stuff is pretty miss and miss, they haven't made anything really good since Hyouka. Sadly Hyouka was the first anime I saw from then so basically every other series has been a disappointment for me, I found Haruhi enjoyable and Chuu2 was good for a season...

It comes down to me being irritated that they constantly waste their talent on series which could have been made by any company for the most part.
Mar 8, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Where is my actual haruhi season 3!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 8, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
Kreion said:
...The same thing can be said about Free!...

Nope. It's not.
Mar 8, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 2011
JD2411 said:
a lot of the hate is either pseudo-elitists desperately trying to fit in or butthurt babies who are jealous of clannad AS's rank. They are not the best studio but they are definitely up there since their animation is solid and they are consistently above average

there consistant long form story telling sucks or thay ot lazy to do a long form story

id lean toward b on that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 8, 2015 1:28 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:
The same thing can be said about Free!

Nope. It's not.

Yes, it is - it's a cute guys doing cute things series.

It may have a plot and characters that aren't garbage but that just makes it a good example of the genre. It's designed to appeal to a female audience - again that's fine but don't expect me to suddenly love it...doesn't mean guys can't like it either, it just means I don't.
Mar 8, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
I'm never going to watch most of their shows but FREE does seem too gay for my liking. I guess it appeals more to a female audience.

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
laraes said:

Because a group of friends of the same gender have always to be homosexual, now I get it.

Dude, check my scores for Free and K-On!.... and get with the times. I was obviously being sarcastic.

Oh...ok...I'm not very good with sarcasm in english...*crawls under blanket of shame*

Jul 2012
Kreion said:
mayukachan said:

Nope. It's not.

It may have a plot and characters that aren't garbage but that just makes it a good example of the genre.

Swimming is cute? lolwut

It's a coming of age story about characters who have dreams.
Mar 8, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2014
Clannad was pretty good. I will say they do have really nice animation.

Mar 8, 2015 1:30 PM

Oct 2012
>2015
>Free is still 'gay swimming'

Sasuga MAL.
Mar 8, 2015 1:31 PM
Mar 2011
Feaor said:
>2015
>Free is still 'gay swimming'

Sasuga MAL.

i nevr said that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 2012
to be fair, my tumblr tag for free! is "#gayswimming" :)

Nov 2014
Because people don't like Cute girls doing cute things

And huh... Cute boys doing cute things either ? I guess :c

Aug 2013
black1blade said:

The characters are kind of looking like insects though lol
Mar 8, 2015 1:32 PM
Mar 2011
no real cofidnet doctor owuld be as incopments was the ones iin Clannad

Mar 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Yeah but that's poking fun, people like legit won't watch it because they think its 'gay' :|
Mar 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Nov 2012
lol at people still spouting that 'moe ruins anime' bullshit

oh nvm it's working_designs, what else would you expect
Mar 8, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2012
anime ruins anime

/thread

Aug 2014
laraes said:
black1blade said:

So you just personally don't like the art style? I do admit it is really creepy if you focus on the designs but so is all anime. Code geass' artstyle is an example of one that loads of people don't like but it's actually good for what it is.

Mar 2011
Feaor said:
mayukachan said:
Yeah but that's poking fun, people like legit won't watch it because they think its 'gay' :|

im a 100% hetro male who like alot of yoai and Free is not gay and i hate it cuase itsa poor sports anime

Mar 8, 2015 1:35 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

It may have a plot and characters that aren't garbage but that just makes it a good example of the genre.

Swimming is cute? lolwut

It's a coming of age story about characters who have dreams.

Oh come one, have you seen the characters? Have you seen the OP's where they are deliberately dressed as attractively as possible?

Of course guys laughing and splashing about in water isn't cute, how silly of me -.-

The concept of that show is to appeal to the female fanbase, that's why it exists and it's why it's about swimming. That doesn't mean the story itself can't be a coming of age story, but it's not marketed as story driven show or one that focuses on the plot now is it?

Jul 2012
So how is Free! gay when Clannad isn't?

Jun 2014
laraes said:
black1blade said:

Let me guess it's the eyes.
All credit goes to Sacred.

Jun 2014
silverwalls said:

I wasn't aware it was wrong to dislike moe Anime. People have different tastes.

Mar 8, 2015 1:36 PM
Mar 2011
black1blade said:
laraes said:

So you just personally don't like the art style? I do admit it is really creepy if you focus on the designs but so is all anime. Code geass' artstyle is an example of one that loads of people don't like but it's actually good for what it is.

no clamp art style does not fit sunrise story telling at all

Aug 2014
If free is gay swimming then plenty of shows are lesbian X.
٩(̃-̮̮̃-)۶

Nov 2014
silverwalls said:

It doesn't "ruin" anime per se, but for some people it certanetely ruins his/her enjoyment of anime.

Jul 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
laraes said:

Don't insult my bug waifu!

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:

Free! has topless bishounen and most anime watchers are scared of the gay cooties.
Negative. Those are just fat neckbeards who feel inferior when faced with men who could make their women happy.
Mar 8, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
silverwalls said:

Basically this
Mar 8, 2015 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
FGAU1912 said:
black1blade said:

no clamp art style does not fit sunrise story telling at all

I actually really like the art style. All the characters stand out and feel unique. C.C wouldn't have been half as awesome if they where run of the mill designs.

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
i hate it cuase itsa poor sports anime

So why is it poor?
Mar 2014
Working_Designs said:
If something looks absolutely repulsive to me, and after seeing little clips of it to see what it's like, and it doesn't look any good, then in my opinion, that's a good enough reason to hate it.

I see a bit of a difference in between not being interested and hating something. Is your emotional spectrum so limited that there's nothing in between love and hate, or are you always using terms implying such strong emotional response to simply express that something isn't your cup of tea?

Working_Designs said:
silverwalls said:

Anyway, you hate moe? Fun fact, two of the anime you've got in your favourites would be considered exactly that. Hate it, right.

Working_Designs said:
It's quite simple, really. You love Kyoto Animation(You even have K-on in your favorites,) and it pains you when anyone says something bad about it.

I like Kyoto Animation, and yet I couldn't care less about whether or not you like what they do. What I do hate though is when people think they can talk about things they don't know shit about. Watch something, then give your opinion. Haven't watched it? Don't comment on it. Simple as that.

Kreion said:
K-on might be good, but it's such a blah genre that it's not exactly impressive if you tell me about how good it is - it's still a cute girls going cute things series at the end of the day. The same thing can be said about Free! and probably their latest anime Hibike Euphorium - the basic premise is the same so they're really just remaking the same series over and over. TO be clear, I don't hate Free or K-on - I don't like them but hey they weren't aimed at me, I just dislike that it's Kyoani who makes stuff like that.

I don't know what exactly you expect me to respond. If you dislike its genre, then that's fine.

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Nagisa <3
All credit goes to Sacred.

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

;_; Cried into my mother's arms.

Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

mayuka funnest thing i read all day thanks for that you jisu goven me 8 moe mns of life

Mar 8, 2015 1:40 PM
Feb 2014
Nerd rage
Mar 8, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
John_h said:
Working_Designs said:
If something looks absolutely repulsive to me, and after seeing little clips of it to see what it's like, and it doesn't look any good, then in my opinion, that's a good enough reason to hate it.

I see a bit of a difference in between not being interested and hating something. Is your emotional spectrum so limited that there's nothing in between love and hate, or are you always using terms implying such strong emotional response to simply express that something isn't your cup of tea?

Working_Designs said:

Anyway, you hate moe? Fun fact, two of the anime you've got in your favourites would be considered exactly that. Hate it, right.

Working_Designs said:
It's quite simple, really. You love Kyoto Animation(You even have K-on in your favorites,) and it pains you when anyone says something bad about it.

I like Kyoto Animation, and yet I couldn't care less about whether or not you like what they do. What I do hate though is when people think they can talk about things they don't know shit about. Watch something, then give your opinion. Haven't watched it? Don't comment on it. Simple as that.

I'll comment on what I want. Don't agree with me? Ignore my posts. Simple as that.

Mar 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Her antenn- ...hair does also play a big role.

Aug 2014
Haruhi is a great anime. Kyoto animation made it. I like the stuido. If shows don't appeal to people then don't watch them simple. I liked through the ani chart for spring and most of the shows looked the same to me but then I just thought "oh well these 7 shows I am going to watch look awesome!"

Jul 2018
When I watched K-On! and Haruhi the only thing I was wondering is what kind of people these shows appealed to.

From K-On!: "Azusa-chan, you're so cute! Say meow!"

From Haruhi: "I've got pictures of your sexual harassment. If you don't want me to spread them around the school..."

Lol.
Like really ngga, this is the reason why the term "lowest common denominator" is thrown around so much on the internet.
smh
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FGAU1912 said:
i hate it cuase itsa poor sports anime

So why is it poor?

one it has a poot ost fora sports anime
two i did not like any of the leads look at tsubasa for exmaple all members of th team in thta are laikalke to me

Mar 8, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2014
I loved haruhi because of it's genre splicing. I was honestly quite intrigued in the world when I watched it even though that wasn't the focus. It's a good deconstruction of anime in general

Jul 2012
Cakedog said:
When I watched K-On! and Haruhi the only thing I was wondering is what kind of people these shows appealed to.

From Haruhi: "I've got pictures of your sexual harassment. If you don't want me to spread them around the school..."

Lol.
Like really ngga, this is the reason why the term "lowest common denominator" is thrown around so much on the internet.
smh

That's why I hate Haruhi.

Sep 2013
Cause they don't know how to make a proper story, but i don't hate them at all, since their art and characters makes up for it in my opinion.
Mar 8, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
Cakedog said:

Lol.
smh

Just seemed funny to me.

Mar 8, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
FGAU1912 said:
mayukachan said:

So why is it poor?

one it has a poot ost fora sports anime
two i did not like any of the leads look at tsubasa for exmaple all members of th team in thta are laikalke to me

There are 3 different possibilities:
1. You are a troll.
2. You are 4 years old.
3. You type with your forehead.
Mar 8, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
mayukachan said:

Just seemed funny to me.

Not my type of funny to see a girl get pushed around into wearing revealing outfits out of her consent. :(
Mar 8, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
K-ON the only good anime from Kyoto
Mar 8, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Just seemed funny to me.

Not my type of funny to see a girl get pushed around into wearing revealing outfits out of her consent. :(

It's all part of the mission gawd. Also probably a piss take about the fact that all these weak-cute anime girls always wear revealing outfits.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What ruins an anime?

RealClutch - 2 hours ago

11 by Quadruple_Oi »»
5 minutes ago

» How well do your tastes mesh with your friends who also love anime?

RobertBobert - Sep 26

17 by BigMac7 »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7415 by ninja_donut »»
12 minutes ago

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - Sep 26

23 by Kruszer »»
22 minutes ago

» Favorite Anime Hair/Eye Colour Combinations

Quadruple_Oi - 4 hours ago

12 by MasterTasuke »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.