Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 3, 2015 9:56 AM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

oh man you sure love plotholes, eh?
not surprised that you have so many holes in your body.

Taichi punched bakemon, no one had ever complained, Taichi fags were fascinated by it.

Masaru punched many digimon with 30 feet tall, most of people hate him.

Yeah I already knew that the majority is shit.

Masaru is a glorious MANsaru, and your Agumon is invalid

When did I say that I like plotholes?

The MAJOR difference between Taichi and Masaru is that Taichi punched a Digimon ONCE (and it didnt had any effect) while Masaru is going around and punching the shit out of anyone like he is freaking Goku or something. That scene in Xros Wars where he managed to beat 3 VenomMyotismon with one punch made me laugh hysterically because it was so fucking dumb. If you dont think that that was ridiculous then something must be very wrong with you.

And since you've used the word "fag" again, I assume that you have some repressed homosexual emotions...haha nigga u gay?
Mar 3, 2015 10:02 AM
Jun 2013
muhuchiki said:
That scene in Xros Wars where he managed to beat 3 VenomMyotismon with one punch made me laugh hysterically because it was so fucking dumb.

You got a point bro', I'm all with you on that one. But Xros Wars Hunters was dumb to begin with.

muhuchiki said:
And since you've used the word "fag" again, I assume that you have some repressed homosexual emotions...haha nigga u gay?

... Seriously ? Are you eight ?
Mar 14, 2015 7:30 PM
Jun 2008
I don't think bringing up Xros Wars Hunters is a good idea. As someone pointed out that particular series wasn't very good. There was quite a few staff changes when they did Savers, and then the changed back when they moved onto Xros Wars. One could argue certain people on the staff didn't like this fact and choose to portray Marcus as a Gary Stu in Xros Wars because they didn't like him, and also tried to portray Davis in a better light because they liked him. Conjecture on my part, but possibly not off. The person who did Davis' character best I think was the person who did V-Tamer.

Also the fact polls tend to show the first three seasons are peoples favorites doesn't prove people don't like Savers, particularly when people can only pick their most favorite series from the list. It's only a reflection one what the top favorite happens to be. It doesn't tell you how many people who liked season one and three would like Savers over season two, or Frontier for that matter.
Mar 15, 2015 8:57 PM

Apr 2013
I'm still not used to the character designs on the children, but I'm happy the Digimon are the same (even with the slight redesign), they were my biggest worry after the release of the first poster. Hopefully the animation will better reflect this (but knowing Toei...), I just still believe Atsuya Uki's unique design doesn't fit Digimon. His monster designs are honestly better than his human designs, if you ask me, that's probably why I'm okay with the Digimon themselves.
Mar 21, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
No I dont. Also they changed Tai entai(ha)rely
Mar 22, 2015 4:01 PM

Jul 2010
I love the new character designs. It makes them look so much more mature, which they should be since they're older now.

I just hope it all looks great once we see it animated!
Mar 22, 2015 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
I don't like it, but I'll wait to see it animated maybe it turns out not to be that bad

Mar 23, 2015 10:42 AM

Jul 2013
Kalisto said:
I love the new character designs. It makes them look so much more mature, which they should be since they're older now.

I just hope it all looks great once we see it animated!

Yay, finally a positive opinion =D

Mar 23, 2015 10:25 PM

May 2009
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

Punching digimon with bare hands >>>>>>>>> stand on the back and shout "ganbatte"

The Savers season contradicted everything Digimon stands for. Barely anyone liked Savers. Just saying, on every "What is your favorite Digimon season" poll on the internet people either go for Adventure or Tamers, while Savers and Xros Wars barely get any votes. So yeah, you belong to the minority of people who think that Savers was any good, so go back to your Shit Taste city and stop embarrassing yourself by praising bad art as good.
I liked Savers okay for the story. Didn't care for Masaru, though. If I were to rank the series, though out of the ones I've seen, it would be...

Digimon Tamers: I liked the plot, the shy, timid, yet strong, Takato, and the fact that out of the other series, it felt the most balanced. For example, Takato, Ruki, and Jenrya were the show's main stars and it seemed to remain that way throughout it. It didn't feel like the Takato and Jen show.

Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02: 02 is a direct sequel, so I consider it as one big story and treat it as such. The main thing I did find enjoyable about the two series were the characters themselves. They were all pretty interesting to me...minus Hikari, unfortunately, since she came across as perfect at times (even though we know she's not), but I still liked her just don't favor her.

Digimon Savers: I liked the change and the fact that they were using older protagonists. I also liked Ikuto's character. I did find Masaru ovebearing, though.

Digimon Frontier: This series was okay in the beginning, imo, but felt it started to suffer when it became the Takuya & Kouji show, starring four other kids who just hopped on for the ride. I did like the complexities Izumi and Junpei had, which still has me wondering if Mimi's character for Tri is going to go through it (if she's recently moved back to Japan). Another problem, for me, was that they didn't focus on Kouichi as much as they should have, imo.

Didn't see the other series.

One thing interesting about each of the ones above, though that I find interesting, is how there's always some international or foreign association or something non-Japanese about at least one of the characters.

Adventure/Adventure 02: Yamato and Takeru are part French. Mimi now has experience living abroad.

Tamers: Jenrya and his family are half Chinese/half Japanese.

Frontier: Even though all of the characters were clearly Japanese, Izumi had experience living abroad because of her father's work (like Mimi's situation) and it showed how kids of this nature sometimes face prejudice from their peers. An actual social issue in Japan. Of course not all go through this, but some "returnees" do and it's not just limited to kids. Those who may study abroad may get the same treatment.

Savers: Tohma is part German, iirc. Been a while.

So yeah...I just always found that interesting. ^^;
Mar 24, 2015 12:49 AM
Jun 2008
I've found the hero from Savers is going to be a hit or miss. It's a real shame people discredit said series just because they don't like him personally.
Mar 24, 2015 5:00 AM
Apr 2013
ssjup81 said:
muhuchiki said:

The Savers season contradicted everything Digimon stands for. Barely anyone liked Savers. Just saying, on every "What is your favorite Digimon season" poll on the internet people either go for Adventure or Tamers, while Savers and Xros Wars barely get any votes. So yeah, you belong to the minority of people who think that Savers was any good, so go back to your Shit Taste city and stop embarrassing yourself by praising bad art as good.
I liked Savers okay for the story. Didn't care for Masaru, though. If I were to rank the series, though out of the ones I've seen, it would be...

Digimon Tamers: I liked the plot, the shy, timid, yet strong, Takato, and the fact that out of the other series, it felt the most balanced. For example, Takato, Ruki, and Jenrya were the show's main stars and it seemed to remain that way throughout it. It didn't feel like the Takato and Jen show.

Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02: 02 is a direct sequel, so I consider it as one big story and treat it as such. The main thing I did find enjoyable about the two series were the characters themselves. They were all pretty interesting to me...minus Hikari, unfortunately, since she came across as perfect at times (even though we know she's not), but I still liked her just don't favor her.

Digimon Savers: I liked the change and the fact that they were using older protagonists. I also liked Ikuto's character. I did find Masaru ovebearing, though.

Digimon Frontier: This series was okay in the beginning, imo, but felt it started to suffer when it became the Takuya & Kouji show, starring four other kids who just hopped on for the ride. I did like the complexities Izumi and Junpei had, which still has me wondering if Mimi's character for Tri is going to go through it (if she's recently moved back to Japan). Another problem, for me, was that they didn't focus on Kouichi as much as they should have, imo.

One thing interesting about each of the ones above, though that I find interesting, is how there's always some international or foreign association or something non-Japanese about at least one of the characters.

Adventure/Adventure 02: Yamato and Takeru are part French. Mimi now has experience living abroad.

Frontier: Even though all of the characters were clearly Japanese, Izumi had experience living abroad because of her father's work (like Mimi's situation) and it showed how kids of this nature sometimes face prejudice from their peers. An actual social issue in Japan. Of course not all go through this, but some "returnees" do and it's not just limited to kids. Those who may study abroad may get the same treatment.

Touma isn't German, he's Austria.
Mar 24, 2015 5:39 AM

Aug 2014
I personally like the characters style, it looks pretty dynamic to me. I think it will be awesome in motion. The digimon tho... some are not even bad, but Agumon... did they not feed him at all during the last 15 years?

I'm looking forward to see the the plot.
Ruka desu.
Mar 24, 2015 6:38 AM

May 2009
DATS24 said:
ssjup81 said:

Touma isn't German, he's Austria.
Thanks. I couldn't remember right off.
Mar 29, 2015 12:57 AM
Feb 2015
hey I was one the people that said they did not like the new design but when I saw the old episodes again, I realize that were all probably getting to lost in the nostalgia because the old design suck like no joke. I think we all need to take a step back and look at the old design, like really look at it starting with the anatomy and the cartoon hands. I really can't blame myself I was 5 when digimon adventure was on tv and I though it was the best thing in the world but again I was 5 years old so yeah. if you still like the old design better after you give it a critical older you look over then that your prerogative but from now on I'm considering the new design a huge improvement.
Mar 29, 2015 1:42 AM
May 2010
I'll say it - from what I've seen so far, I don't like it. It looks generic, much like many of the seinen character design I've seen. Furthermore, this is the previous work of the character designer:

Now, that being said, am I saying that the actual product be terrible? Obviously. Not. But, there it is. The impression I got from the preview.
Mar 29, 2015 6:51 AM

Jan 2015
Tsuritama has a great artstyle for what kind of show It's supposed to be.

The artstyle does not Digimon on the other hand.
Apr 3, 2015 2:39 AM

Oct 2013
JacobKyon said:
I'll say it - from what I've seen so far, I don't like it. It looks generic, much like many of the seinen character design I've seen. Furthermore, this is the previous work of the character designer:

Now, that being said, am I saying that the actual product be terrible? Obviously. Not. But, there it is. The impression I got from the preview.

Yeah, if Digimon looks anything like that, it will be impossible for me to take it seriously. They all look like they're bored off of their asses

"Oh hey, a fish. That's cool i guess"
Apr 3, 2015 10:50 PM
Jun 2008
Deltascourge said:

There is more to said series then just fishing.
Apr 4, 2015 4:20 AM

Oct 2013
Yemi_Hikari said:
Deltascourge said:

There is more to said series then just fishing.

Well i wouldn't know because i don't plan on watching that show either
Apr 4, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
It's palatable but nowhere near as good as it ought to be.
Apr 6, 2015 12:31 AM

Aug 2011
I'm super excited for the new art style! I really loved the animation in both Tsuritama and Cencoroll, how it was so watery and flowy but also simplistic! I have super high hopes for this upcoming season!
Apr 6, 2015 10:34 PM
Jun 2008
palmon said:
I'm super excited for the new art style! I really loved the animation in both Tsuritama and Cencoroll, how it was so watery and flowy but also simplistic! I have super high hopes for this upcoming season!

^ This...

Simply looking at posters for the series doesn't really do the style justice as it is a style meant for animation purposes - so I think before judging a person should watch a clip or two from the series.
Apr 7, 2015 6:33 AM

May 2011
I could care less about the art direction/character designs. It's DIGIMON!
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Apr 8, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
@OP I think the reason you think they all look the same is because they are all wearing the same uniform. If you remove the hair in most anime characters they all look similar in a way. It's the outfit and hair that defines a character MOST of the time. We are all biased on our opinions but going so far as to call a certain anime sh*t just because you didn't like the art is childish in many ways possible. We all have different tastes in art and it just so happens that Digimon Tri's art doesn't cater to your artistic standards. You should not judge it so early because appearance can be deceiving. Besides the people have already spoken and based on the results, a lot of people love the art. You're in the minority but that doesn't make your opinion invalid of course, just not what others think of the anime just like your opinion on Savers and Xross Wars.

Personally I like the art because of its simplicity. It reminds me of the old days when the art was really simple yet memorable. It is true that art does kinda represent an anime but it shouldn't be a basis if the anime is sh*t or not especially since we haven't seen at least one episode of it. Considering that since this is Toei we're talking about, the animation could drop considerably so I think it was intended to keep the art simple to maintain quality.
Apr 8, 2015 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
legwkio said:
I could care less about the art direction/character designs. It's DIGIMON!

truest words have never been spoken
its digimon!!

personally i like the old art style mostly to nostalgia but that s something from the 90s
seriously even one piece changed its art style over the years (maybe one pieces a bad example?)
its been 15 years since digimon debut
damn i feel old (sort of)

im just happy theyre using butterfly as opening, i still listen to it even to this day
and the same cast as well
Apr 10, 2015 3:44 PM
May 2010
Tenshi_Shura said:
@OP I think the reason you think they all look the same is because they are all wearing the same uniform. If you remove the hair in most anime characters they all look similar in a way. It's the outfit and hair that defines a character MOST of the time. We are all biased on our opinions but going so far as to call a certain anime sh*t just because you didn't like the art is childish in many ways possible. We all have different tastes in art and it just so happens that Digimon Tri's art doesn't cater to your artistic standards. You should not judge it so early because appearance can be deceiving. Besides the people have already spoken and based on the results, a lot of people love the art. You're in the minority but that doesn't make your opinion invalid of course, just not what others think of the anime just like your opinion on Savers and Xross Wars.

u wot m8? Xros Wars was shit. My opinion too. lol So much for minority.

Also, way to not be condescending and everything by criticizing about other people's opinions in a comment about the validity of opinions. Oh man, the irony.

Oh yeah, and I don't think the show is automatically shit because of the lazy character design in the preview images, but I'll call it as it is when I see laziness in design, whether if the final product will retain the same laziness or not. Yes, laziness. I don't think I've used that word enough when referring to this, so let's use it again - laziness. :P

But really, your argument that all anime characters look basically the same without hair or outfit is pathetically weak. The reason the new design looks bad isn't just because of their outfit or hair, which I must say, are as painfully plain as their faces, so that argument is automatically thrown out of the window anyway. In fact, the nuances in anime faces can be easily differentiated even without the faces or hair. Kino's Journey has its own character design. Shiki has its own design. Clannad has bugged-eye girls looking like freaks. Gurren Lagann has its own character designs. Etc, etc, ETC! lol

I mean, really, even Pokemon had a more interesting plot than Digimon ever since Xros Wars - heck, ever since Frontier! What's that? Evil Digimon took over the Digital World again, and it's up to a group of children with attitude to save the world before bedtime with their awesome Digimon partners? Oh yeah, I've totally never heard of that plot before. No no.

When Pokemon of all things becomes more interesting than Digimon, you know you've got a problem. Hell, even Power Rangers... oh god, let's not even go there. Please fix your shit, Digimon.
OminousWrexApr 10, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 10, 2015 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
JacobKyon said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

u wot m8? Xros Wars was shit. My opinion too. lol So much for minority.

Also, way to not be condescending and everything by criticizing about other people's opinions in a comment about the validity of opinions. Oh man, the irony.

Oh yeah, and I don't think the show is automatically shit because of the lazy character design in the preview images, but I'll call it as it is when I see laziness in design, whether if the final product will retain the same laziness or not. Yes, laziness. I don't think I've used that word enough when referring to this, so let's use it again - laziness. :P

But really, your argument that all anime characters look basically the same without hair or outfit is pathetically weak. The reason the new design looks bad isn't just because of their outfit or hair, which I must say, are as painfully plain as their faces, so that argument is automatically thrown out of the window anyway. In fact, the nuances in anime faces can be easily differentiated even without the faces or hair. Kino's Journey has its own character design. Shiki has its own design. Clannad has bugged-eye girls looking like freaks. Gurren Lagann has its own character designs. Etc, etc, ETC! lol

I mean, really, even Pokemon had a more interesting plot than Digimon ever since Xros Wars - heck, ever since Frontier! What's that? Evil Digimon took over the Digital World again, and it's up to a group of children with attitude to save the world before bedtime with their awesome Digimon partners? Oh yeah, I've totally never heard of that plot before. No no.

When Pokemon of all things becomes more interesting than Digimon, you know you've got a problem. Hell, even Power Rangers... oh god, let's not even go there. Please fix your shit, Digimon.
And you basically misunderstood that part and threw fits at me. It simply means that he has his own opinion on Xross wars and thus is not invalid because it is an opinion after all and thus is not factual. And by minority it refers to his opinion on art which the answer is obviously stated in the poll that he himself created.

And that is your opinion on its art so I'm not gonna argue with you because I don't see the point in prolonging the argument any further as it will only end in us throwing stones at eachother for calling the other person's taste in art sht.

It seems that my statement was rather vague so let me rephrase that specifically for you. Most anime characters look SIMILAR, as in some features look the same but not the entirety of the character design, in their respective anime.

That is also your opinion on Pokemon being more interesting than Digimon. You may share the same sentiments with other people but definitely not the whole world as for me I personally enjoy Digimon more. And that is also my opinion. Mwuah
Apr 12, 2015 9:03 AM

Dec 2008
I like it, it's different, they look more like the end of the their teenage years.

Except for Kairi & that other kid.
Apr 12, 2015 10:48 PM

Oct 2009
I don't like it. But if the art is consistent (unlike Digimon Savers/Data Squad), I will grow to like it.
Apr 12, 2015 11:22 PM
Jun 2008
Tenshi_Shura said:
And that is your opinion on its art so I'm not gonna argue with you because I don't see the point in prolonging the argument any further as it will only end in us throwing stones at eachother for calling the other person's taste in art sht.

This depends on whether someone is talking about using objective or subjective criteria when judging art work. When people base the criteria on personal taste and personal taste alone is when the problems start. Xcross Wars is one of those pieces a person could pull apart to learn what not to do. This isn't to say the art work is completely bad, but said art work doesn't compare to any of the other seasons and is an honest step back where as series like Pokemon are working on actually improving the art styles used for the series.
Apr 12, 2015 11:33 PM
May 2010
Yemi_Hikari said:
where as series like Pokemon are working on actually improving the art styles used for the series.

Not to mention improving the story (save Best Wishes).

Seriously, Digimon, there was a time when I could say that Digimon has the better story. Now I'm not so sure. Even the games are copying Pokemon, not to mention having lackluster and mediocre stories about evil hackers and other recycled plots from every sci-fi series ever told.
Apr 13, 2015 4:37 AM
Apr 2013
JacobKyon said:
Yemi_Hikari said:
where as series like Pokemon are working on actually improving the art styles used for the series.

Not to mention improving the story (save Best Wishes).

Seriously, Digimon, there was a time when I could say that Digimon has the better story. Now I'm not so sure. Even the games are copying Pokemon, not to mention having lackluster and mediocre stories about evil hackers and other recycled plots from every sci-fi series ever told.

pokemon has better story? Don't make me laugh, it's also the same all over again, research pokemon, fight gym leaders, and eventually losing championship.

Oh and I guess you haven't really play Cyber Sleuth. Your comment proves that you don't know anything about it except the outer generalization
Apr 13, 2015 4:39 AM
Apr 2013
Just tell me what's good about pokemon anime? They only have bland characters, boring Satoshit, and so on. Even I can still say Xros Wars (which is worst for me) is better than it.
Apr 13, 2015 8:33 AM

Jan 2008
muhuchiki said:
I grew up with this series and I was sooo excited to hear that there will be a sequel, but the cheesy bland art style ruins it for me.

I also grew up with this series, and the ORIGINAL art style is the cheesy and bland one. I'm honestly tired of the Adventure and 02 art, it looks incredibly childish. ...I'm glad that they changed it, considering that childish style won't fit the characters anymore now that they're aged up. Seriously, a 17-year-old Taichi looking the same as he did at 14? KILL IT. WITH FIRE.

I'm not one of those nostalgia-blinded fangirls - I saw Adventure and 02 when I was around 12-14. I loved it back then and thought it was awesome. ...Years later, I found Frontier and thought it was even better than the first two seasons. Then I watched Savers right when it aired and found it better. And finally, I watched the X-Evolution movie and Xros Wars and liked them more than Adventure. *shrug* These three seasons and movie are my favorites now, and watching them made me realize how cheesy the original series were.

That said, I actually kinda like the new art style. It looks really smooth and clean this way. ...Plus I love the fact I'll get to hear Takahiro Sakurai doing his cute and goofy Tentomon voice again~

Now I'm kind of curious... Digimon Adventure Tri would have looked AMAZING with a sports anime art style. Namely those used for Ace of Diamond, Free, Haikyuu or Kuroko no Basket. ...I can't help but picture Yamato looking like a blond, grumpy version of Sousuke Yamazaki.
"Everything is idiocy if you choose to look at it in the proper light." -Belgarath, Pawn of Prophecy (David Eddings)

My Candies:
Apr 13, 2015 1:08 PM
May 2010
DATS24 said:
pokemon has better story? Don't make me laugh, it's also the same all over again, research pokemon, fight gym leaders, and eventually losing championship.

Right, because Digimon TOTALLY didn't do the same shit again - defeating evil Digimon trying to take over the world. Is this Power Rangers?

Yeah, I went there. You made me. Power Rangers is better than Xros Wars.
Apr 13, 2015 6:52 PM
Apr 2013
JacobKyon said:
DATS24 said:

Right, because Digimon TOTALLY didn't do the same shit again - defeating evil Digimon trying to take over the world. Is this Power Rangers?

Yeah, I went there. You made me. Power Rangers is better than Xros Wars.

Oh man you're a funny one here. Liking things who did the same over again.
Apr 13, 2015 11:54 PM
Apr 2015
Well, I've not been a fan of the images we've gotten.

From the first look the thing that stuck out the most to me was how drab everything looked, the colors being very bland. And yes they all look very similar, before they all had more distinguishing features and styles, even in 02 where they also were seen in uniform you could still tell them apart easily.

Nono of what we have gotten has been able to convince me about this show, and I'm not likely to watch if things follow through with the bland designs.
Apr 14, 2015 12:59 AM
Jun 2008
DATS24 said:

I never said Pokemon has a better story, I said the art work has actually been improving where as Digimon took a dive with Xross Wars.
May 23, 2015 8:44 AM
Jan 2012
I think the art style is really bad and reeks generic. I know the art style from the original series get a lot of flak, but it had its own style and feel instead of having the looks of your every day anime.
Beldarius said:
I also grew up with this series, and the ORIGINAL art style is the cheesy and bland one.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
May 28, 2015 7:04 AM

Oct 2012
So, there have been a debate ongoing for a change in character design for the upcoming anime digimon tri. I'm sure like many of you know, there have been many discussions about the official character design and people are having some "problems" accepting the official design by Toei. The images below shows the new proposed character design change vs the official character design by Toei.

The proposed change vs official character design:

I generally prefer the new proposed design because the characters actually look better and looks more "mature" as compared to the official design. What are your thoughts? Which design do you prefer and why?

If you like the new proposed design and hope for a change, you can sign the petition too(ask me for the link)
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
May 28, 2015 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Jiharo said:
I generally prefer the new proposed design because the characters actually look better and looks more "mature" as compared to the official design. What are your thoughts? Which design do you prefer and why?

These big goggly childlike eyes look more mature to you? I swear, sometimes the opinions of people blow my mind. It's like they're aliens. If that lame petition succeeds, I'll gladly never watch this. Tell me, what's the point of a new Digimon series if there is nothing new? The official artstyle is great.
May 28, 2015 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
BliuBliu said:
These big goggly childlike eyes look more mature to you? I swear, sometimes the opinions of people blow my mind. It's like they're aliens. If that lame petition succeeds, I'll gladly never watch this. Tell me, what's the point of a new Digimon series if there is nothing new? The official artstyle is great.

Exactly how I feel. I like the art style and seeing the Digimon characters in a new, modern era. Sure it was more fitting in a show like Tsuritama, but Tsuritama is a good anime in its own right. The style is refreshing to me - I love the brightness and the upbeat energy behind it which definitely suits a series like Digimon imo.

I kind of get what they mean with the proposed designs though. Hikari and Taichi's personalities seem to be captured better in their new expressions. By comparison, the original designs make their personalities seem more watered down. At the same time though, when I watched Tsuritama the characters were plenty expressive so I trust this won't be a problem with Tri either.
May 29, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2014
Hikari looks great in both pictures.

But Tai looks better on the right.

The OTP
May 30, 2015 10:38 AM
Jun 2008
Chanaynay said:
BliuBliu said:

Exactly how I feel. I like the art style and seeing the Digimon characters in a new, modern era. Sure it was more fitting in a show like Tsuritama, but Tsuritama is a good anime in its own right. The style is refreshing to me - I love the brightness and the upbeat energy behind it which definitely suits a series like Digimon imo.

I kind of get what they mean with the proposed designs though. Hikari and Taichi's personalities seem to be captured better in their new expressions. By comparison, the original designs make their personalities seem more watered down. At the same time though, when I watched Tsuritama the characters were plenty expressive so I trust this won't be a problem with Tri either.

Saying the Tsuritama style doesn't allow for much expression though is honestly based on people's limited knowledge of said style. The characters from Tsuritama had a wide range of emotions. The assumptions based on what few pictures have been officially released as well as a few fan arts people are trying to pass off as official.

I third the updating the style for a modern era part though. The style for the original Digimon series is obsolete. The only works coming out in said style are works which started in said style prior to said style becoming obsolete.
May 30, 2015 11:24 PM
Apr 2013
lol the petition won't affect TOEI, trust me. They won't just grant a silly fan request of removing Atsuya Uki from charge, and just make it like 01 again.

Konaka Chiaki also had faced this kind of thing, many fans requested Konaka to make Taichi and Daisuke to be in Tamers world, but Konaka literally refused the request coz it would ruin the whole plot of Tamers and it sounded silly.
May 31, 2015 11:11 AM
Dec 2013
I used to be the one who hated the new design with a burning passion, but now when I see those pics above I feel that the new design looks way better :O The eyes from the pics on the left side are...too big?
Jun 1, 2015 11:41 AM
Jun 2008
ghoul91 said:
I used to be the one who hated the new design with a burning passion, but now when I see those pics above I feel that the new design looks way better :O The eyes from the pics on the left side are...too big?

The person who created the new design simply edited the image with the old eyes without taking into consideration how said eyes were proportionally with the face. It's not just the faces, but the nose and mouths as well. A lot of the fanart guessing what the eyes would look like due to lack of detail in the art did better.

How can trust the word of someone who says "they can do better" when they attempt an "I can do better" only to fail like this?
Jun 1, 2015 5:42 PM

Feb 2015
Atsuya Uki’s designs are gold. I also believe they don’t need to be altered in any way, shape, or form from their original versions. Bigger eyes? no thanks...

Jun 1, 2015 7:07 PM

Mar 2009
The original designs were more individualistic. I do like the character designer working on this, but... I don't think it suits a show where we have a preset image of the characters too well. The previous designs had a lot of variation, especially in eye design, whereas this show the characters end up looking fairly the same. I'd say when designing original characters you might have more leeway to make individuality that fits your style, I'd say the designs in Tsuritama were good and the character designed is good. I just don't think this works for the show. The bigger more expressive eyes suited the Digimon cast... and it lead to easier emotional expressiveness coming through in scenes.

I'll watch it regardless of course, but I do wish it had kept with the style.
Jun 2, 2015 12:18 PM
May 2010
lol A petition to make anime more of a mockery by pandering to the stereotypes? A petition? Why don't you start a kickstarter for Christ's sake. lol What the hell, man...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

343 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Poll: » sora ( 1 2 )

ninjastarforcex - Dec 15, 2014

81 by StormxNightmare »»
Dec 3, 2020 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.