Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
-Klad- said:
LittleStar said:
I think that final scene from opening is spoiler for final scene of series xD

Ps. Tatsumi really died?
Yes tatsumi is really died

Ooops... fixed and thanks :)
Dec 7, 2014 12:50 PM
Aug 2013
I don't understand all the hate for this episode, it was one of the best anime episodes of the year for me, yeah it sucks that Tatsumi is dead but he had a Heroes death and the fighting was awesome... not many anime's leave this type of feeling for their characters which is why Akame ga Kill is on the top of my List...
Dec 7, 2014 12:52 PM
May 2014
Can't wait for next week. Akame's trumpo card looks awesome + my 3 favorite characters have all made it to the finale ALIVE which looking back is a fucking miracle!(besides Esdeath ofc)
Dec 7, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
The fight was cool, but way too rushed. And now Tatsumi is dead too?! I mean, seriously?!
The last episodes are way too rushed. It ruins the whole ending.

Dec 7, 2014 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Was kinda expecting Tatsumi dying, but still little shocked.
Dec 7, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
Dimension-King said:
I don't understand all the hate for this episode, it was one of the best anime episodes of the year for me, yeah it sucks that Tatsumi is dead but he had a Heroes death and the fighting was awesome... not many anime's leave this type of feeling for their characters which is why Akame ga Kill is on the top of my List...

You need to watch more anime >_>
Dec 7, 2014 12:55 PM
Aug 2014
Now I've seen everything! The main protagonist has (probably) died!!
Dec 7, 2014 12:56 PM
Feb 2014
wat. did they just kill off the main protagonist. This show doesn't even know the term 'plot armour' for any character. I'm actually speechless.
Dec 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
I don't see how the battle between Akame and Esdeath in the PV will conclude AGK at all after all the rushing, but we'll see.

Also, I find it hilarious that the ultimate imperial arms is a gigantic Gundam with a cape shooting out lasers.
Dec 7, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like we got some Kamina Simon Gurren Laggan moments this episode.

Sigh.. that preview at the end
Dec 7, 2014 12:59 PM
Jul 2014
Dimension-King said:

The problem with the ending is that it doesn't show what Akame ga Kill really is. This episode was pretty shonen and as a manga reader, this isn't Akame ga Kill's true nature. I'm sure the people involved in making the anime had their reasons because the anime watchers would cringe if they read what happened in the manga.
Dec 7, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Damn it, Its not over yet, one episode to go. Tatsumi is dead but minister is still alive....

But fuuuuuckk so sad
Dec 7, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Dimension-King said:

Really? You get to talk darklight? You have fairy tail in your top anime. not to mention SnK. You're a shonen fag. Stay the hell away and stop spreading the hate. AkG is amazing. I've read the manga and even though the anime is different, it has its own merits. This episode was pretty good, but you're just blind to it and you keep ranting. Drop this show already you feg
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Dec 7, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
This is so bad
yet rated 8.21 on mal.. I don't get it LOL
Dec 7, 2014 1:03 PM
Oct 2014
The trainwreck of the AGK anime adaptation is still a guilty pleasure to watch as the butthurt of my fellows mangareaders in any anime boards...

Can't wait for the final episode.
Dec 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2010
izumisempai said:
Dimension-King said:

The problem with the ending is that it doesn't show what Akame ga Kill really is. This episode was pretty shonen and as a manga reader, this isn't Akame ga Kill's true nature. I'm sure the people involved in making the anime had their reasons because the anime watchers would cringe if they read what happened in the manga.

AkG's true nature IS shonen. God. Haven't you read the manga? Its not some grim dark fantasy. Its bloody shonen. That said, the anime is still pretty great compared to the manga. I've read it and i'm not cringing because i'm not blind and i realized that deviation from the source doesn't ALWAYS mean a bad thing.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Dec 7, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
Sam1198777 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Really? You get to talk darklight? You have fairy tail in your top anime. not to mention SnK. You're a shonen fag. Stay the hell away and stop spreading the hate. AkG is amazing. I've read the manga and even though the anime is different, it has its own merits. This episode was pretty good, but you're just blind to it and you keep ranting. Drop this show already you feg

You think I bother updating the favorites list anymore. How adorable I barely update the Anime list unless it's something I really like. Then again that's the last defense of morons like you. Look at the profile of someone regardless of how out of date it is.

AGK is anything but amazing as an adaptation.
Dec 7, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2009
Sourire said:
bastek66 said:
This is so bad

It's not my fault it's full of shiteaters, just look at this episode rating.
Dec 7, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2014
So yeah, I'll throw this out. Where as I don't understand where the hate for AgK is coming from, except that they took their own adaptation at the end, which I infact prefer over a half-finished, cliff-hangery ending, I'll say this much. I've enjoyed, no, even loved Akame ga Kill 'till the end, I've always found it original, intriguing. This for me was even proven here, when they decided to kill off the MC, which was suprising and full of feels for me. I really don't mind all the negative, even constructive critism, since this for me was one of the best anime I've seen. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion, right? So, let's all together watch trough the last episode next week, no matter if you dislike or love AgK.
Dec 7, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2014
Sam1198777 said:
izumisempai said:

AkG's true nature IS shonen. God. Haven't you read the manga? Its not some grim dark fantasy. Its bloody shonen. That said, the anime is still pretty great compared to the manga. I've read it and i'm not cringing because i'm not blind and i realized that deviation from the source doesn't ALWAYS mean a bad thing.

I'm not sure why you're so upset. I've read the manga and even though it's classified as a shonen, I've yet to see a shonen (intended for a young male audience) that also involves rape and beastiality. I never said the anime was bad, I just think they could have executed the story better.
Dec 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
Storyline be damned, still doesn't change the fact that this episode was f*cking epic. The soundtrack, the team up, the power up, the fight, the gore, the voice acting... still not a chapter of AgK that has this much level of everything.

The wings were badass, but Tatsumi's armor looked better in the manga. Looks like Run will live, for which i'm glad, he's an awesome character. Haha, Wave blushing was just priceless and the two ancient armors in action together was enjoyable. The emperor's a freaking idiot, but Onest's the one that really has to die. Still, even though that robot-like Imperial Arms wasn't what i'd call "cool", it was crushed very nicely.

Tatsumi saving the citizens by sacrificing himself with the last of his strength holding off a giant robot while blood oozes out of him like a fountain and honorably dies - one of the best things i've seen in 2014.

It's also extremely satisfying how the anime does not give a single damn about Tatsumi and Mine. Looks like it's time for Murasame's trump card next.

An i-couldn't-care-less-about-the-hate 5/5.

To all the very, very, very butthurt manga readers:

~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 7, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
ThunderStormWolf said:
So yeah, I'll throw this out. Where as I don't understand where the hate for AgK is coming from, except that they took their own adaptation at the end, which I infact prefer over a half-finished, cliff-hangery ending, I'll say this much. I've enjoyed, no, even loved Akame ga Kill 'till the end, I've always found it original, intriguing. This for me was even proven here, when they decided to kill off the MC, which was suprising and full of feels for me. I really don't mind all the negative, even constructive critism, since this for me was one of the best anime I've seen. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion, right? So, let's all together watch trough the last episode next week, no matter if you dislike or love AgK.
awful writing, bad character development, death = shock value and nothing else (gets boring after a while and leaves no room for emotions), plot holes and nonsense, should I continue?

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Sourire said:

Bro... Its because not everyone are able to see flaws of an anime. They just score it based on overall enjoyment.

Feb 2013
izumisempai said:
Dimension-King said:

The anime is just as "shounen" as the manga.
Dec 7, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
ThunderStormWolf said:
awful writing, bad character development, death = shock value and nothing else (gets boring after a while and leaves no room for emotions), plot holes and nonsense, should I continue?

Well yeah... thats your own opinion so thats good.
Dec 7, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Sourire said:

yeah I just avoid looking at ratings after black bullet was praised by many, I just don't get this community.
Dec 7, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
bastek66 said:

yeah I just avoid looking at ratings after black bullet was praised by many, I just don't get this community.

What don't you get? Not everyone can see the flaws and they judge by overall enjoyable.
Dec 7, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
FlamingMangos said:
What don't you get? Not everyone can see the flaws and they judge by overall enjoyable.

Exactly. This episode was nothing if not enjoyable. I'll take the flaws into consideration when i give my final rating of the show, but for now, all i see is people like him crying over other people's opinions, because... they don't match his?

Freaking elitists...
Dec 7, 2014 1:16 PM
Nov 2010
I might have forgotten about that enemy with angel wings. Was he anything significant? I was confused when they conversed like they knew each other for a long time.
Other than that, the action in this episode was pretty enjoyable, but why kill Tatsumi so early if you're even planning to kill him?
Dec 7, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
FlamingMangos said:
Sourire said:

okay? doesn't make it any good.
Maledict said:
FlamingMangos said:

Exactly. This episode was nothing if not enjoyable. I'll take the flaws into consideration when i give my final rating of the show, but for now, all i see is people like him crying over other people's opinions, because... they don't match his?

Freaking elitists...
nah I'm crying about how bad this anime has turned out.. was actually quite good for 10+ episodes.
Dec 7, 2014 1:18 PM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
FlamingMangos said:

okay? doesn't make it any good.

Why would you want a community thats hard to please and are a bunch of elitists?
Jul 2014
Sourire said:
ThunderStormWolf said:
Indeed! Your opinions, or maybe even facts don't bother me the slighest. However, you really shouldn't put it in a mocking tone. I am aware akame has it's flaws, and that's quite fine really. I just never saw any actual critism in the first place, it's always "wow this is garbage" I just want to know reasons, that's all.
Jul 2014
and I thought the asspull giant power rangers robot was bad until I saw the main character dying.
Dec 7, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Tomislavr7 said:
I might have forgotten about that enemy with angel wings. Was he anything significant?

He is given much more panel time in the manga and is overall a pretty good character. I don't know if you plan to read the manga, but let's just say that he is mainly revenge-driven, and that makes him want to change the system from the inside, without bloodshed.
Dec 7, 2014 1:20 PM
May 2013
SPOILER ALERT!!:

The author is actually George R.R Martin
Dec 7, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
ThunderStormWolf said:
Sourire said:
Indeed! Your opinions, or maybe even facts don't bother me the slighest. However, you really shouldn't put it in a mocking tone. I am aware akame has it's flaws, and that's quite fine really. I just never saw any actual critism in the first place, it's always "wow this is garbage" I just want to know reasons, that's all.
there's plenty of people that have listed things wrong with the adaptation in this thread and previous ones and not only from a manga perspective.
Dec 7, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
How to: ruin a anime within one episode.
Dec 7, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
FlamingMangos said:

EVERYONE judges by "overall enjoyable." Shockingly enough, however, different people enjoy different things.
Dec 7, 2014 1:25 PM
May 2014
Doomcalibar12 said:

The fact that you have to explain why you're not an anime fan by comparing it to the manga is enough reason for me. Had AGK been an original anime like Kill la Kill you would not have complained at all. Heck, Kill la Kill was completely messed up and people loved it because they had to manga to refer to. AGK was in no way bad, just because the manga had more content means nothing. I agree that Lubbock's death was not as good as it was in the manga but that shouldn't mean anything. Right now manga readers that are hating on the anime are influencing the whole community and ruining the whole experience. Someone who would have like the anime sees that everyone is hating on the anime and they go "well, I really liked it but I don't want to seem out of place so I'll join in on the hate"... Take the manga as it is, you're not helping the mangaka if you like one of his creations and not his other ones. :)

I guess that's your view and I can respect that. Heck, I don't even blame anyone if he/she likes the anime better than the manga after viewing both. But I really need to beg to differ at "not helping the mangaka if you like one of his creations and not his other ones". This just doesn't hold. If I like a painting by a painter, a song by a singer, a book by a novelist, do I have to like all their creations? 'Course not. The mangaka deserves credit for what he did well, and not as much for what he did not do as well (if he really did fully direct the AO, of course). Again, I think the anime is not THAT bad even after episode 19 (the megazord in this episode was just not AgK, though) - it is still one of the best shounen animes of the season for me, just that it could have easily been better by simply being conservative. And really, no, it's not because it has "manga to refer to". SnK and Gintama, IMHO, were more enjoyable in the anime than they were in the manga, but that's not the case with AgK and, say, Ao no Exorcist. Honestly, though, the asspulls I exemplified before have nothing to do with whether or not the manga existed.

I can easily see that some people went downright abrasive here (tell me any MAL discussion thread that doesn't have that, anyway), but manga readers, which you addressed, have exact amount of rights to express criticisms as much as AO viewers do.
Dec 7, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
These few episodes pretty much shit on both wave and run's character. I'm glad this garbage will end next week.
Dec 7, 2014 1:27 PM
Jun 2014
I actually really liked Akame ga Kill until like, what was it, episode 18? 19? (Before they started going original)
And then like I think at 20 or 21-ish, I decided to read the 53 chapters of the manga that were out.
I'm just sorta dying inside at how awful this anime-only is.

Jul 2010
R.I.P to Tatsumi, so what's in store for the last episode?

Will Akame and Ice Lady still duke it out ?
yeo

Nov 2012
tatsumi died
shota emperor alive
lol what the fuck stupid tatsumi
now akame become ghoul to rekt icebitch
nice
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 7, 2014 1:28 PM
Jun 2014
Chised said:
How to: ruin a anime within one episode.

Wouldn't that be like, episode 19 or 20 or something? (Wherever they started going AO)
It's just getting worse now, but that's when it was ruined, lol
Dec 7, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 2012
Well, there is no way of defending this disaster of an episode. I seriously want to go to the production team and ask, "Excuse me, but in the anime, 'Akame ga Kill', what the flying **** were you going for?" I think they all thought that story was somewhat irrelevant to the fans and just put in a ton of death scenes and animation galore for the battles because they thought we were THAT SIMPLE MINDED!

Okay, maybe we are simple minded, if you take the time to think about it. A lot of people who started anime young just went with it because of how cool the animation looked, nothing to care about the plot.

The following is a rant/summary of the episode's events with some sarcasm that is a bit pointless.

Cliche, I know right? Hero gets super final form at the end, that is really poorly done. As if they didn't really think about it.(Well, we should be glad we didn't get another Megazord like Samurai Flamenco's giant form) The design is simple and doesn't contain much impact, for example, Kill la Kill's Senketsu's final form, isn't really poorly done. It isn't just a sudden development. Its power is something that appeared with obvious reason. Incursio's was just a sudden emotional sky-rocket. If they had planned this, take some time to both make the final form look better and give Incursio's steady levels of evolution as the story goes by with Tatsumi's emotional developments.

If any of you have watched Shirobako lately, I think this reminds me of what they called "Jiggly Jiggly Heaven." Its hentai, hentai EVERYWHERE!
Dec 7, 2014 1:30 PM
Jun 2014
I think...
I've only been on a forum section, when episodes/shows were ridiculously bad.
I was considering posting for AgK (whenever they started going AO)-22, and then 23 made me decide to step in.
Dec 7, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
KumaKing said:
Looks like we got some Kamina Simon Gurren Laggan moments this episode.

I was actually just commenting on this to a friend xD!
Dec 7, 2014 1:35 PM
Dec 2014
Maybe we will get akame ga kill: brotherhood when the manga ends, i would really to see some things from the manga animated.

BTW the soundtrack was really great this episode.
LevoltourDec 7, 2014 1:40 PM
May 2014
Burn2sai said:

What i find f**king stupid though is people basically saying "I didn't like it, and my view point on anime is greater than others here, so that makes the anime bad in general". Then they go quote each person who likes the anime and degrade them solely for that fact. Everybody has different interests in anime, and just because someone else's interests and view points differ from yours, that doesn't make them bad. I also want to say regardless of how many anime's you watched, you can't speak of an anime on behalf of everyone. Only saying this because i know there are those few a**holes that say "I've seen 300-400 different animes, so i know what i'm talking about when i say an anime is shit"

If you like it, say you like it, if you don't say you don't. Don't go and try and force your opinion on someone because you believe it's right!

I am much newer than you to MAL, but need I remind you there are always condescending attitudes everywhere around here. I believe No Game No Life and SAO threads have the best of them this year, especially from the "hater" side. Anyway, QFT.

And I still prefer the manga ty.

Nov 2008
Itsuka_Hattori said:
Can Someone tell me How Tatsumi Died ?
Injuries and lost to much blood.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.