Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2014 9:22 PM

Feb 2012
Love the clog at 11th. Also, highest ever posistion for me. Now, need the ookami show to do things, or chiaka to....chiaka
Oct 12, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2011
There are two kinds of team. The relevant and the irrelevant. Relevant team = Ammagi Brilliant Park. The irrelevant teams can now go home but not me because I am NoRetreat.
Oct 12, 2014 10:03 PM

Feb 2007
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I already hate you, Ookami Shoujo. I knew you would suck and disappoint me but I couldn't say no to those 9k PTW numbers because I'm WEAK :(. And it's not even bad enough that people want to talk about it, just kinda meh :/.

And to make things worse not only do tons of mid-tier shows (mainly the Trigger one being relevant) beat me, but also Garo getting double points as well as Motomete. With NeoAnkara managing to have both of them as well as the top 3 on his team, he's set for a super impressive start. My onle chance at redemption are Shigatsu and nanatsu who hopefully will out-score those other shows (except for Amagi and Parasyte) in the second half of the season. The only thing I'm certain about is that I'd rather have the Trigger anime on my team instead of Ookami Shoujo.

So yeah, while +57 and 11th for the week sounds good, it doesn't actually mean anything since Terra Formars is a dead weight from now on unless the uncensored version soon to come changes everything (which I doubt). So unless some of my other 3 shows can make it into the top 5 (aside from Grisaia/AmaBuri/Parasyte that is) it's going to go downhill from here on. I'm pretty sure Ookami Shoujo is already peaking, but the other two might have more room for growth and the question is just which of them is the better choice for weeks 3,4 & 5. Since Nanatsu has no simulcasts announced the signs point to Shigatsu for now and hoping that Nanatsu gets more hype until week 6 when I will be able to swap out Ookami Shoujo for Nanatsu (unless it's still behind at that point, but I doubt that).

tl;dr everything pretty much as expected, I'm just scared NeoAnkara might get too far ahead with his two doublepointers, which is not something I thought I'd see this season.

Well, Higashi said what I was going to say. I knew Terra Formars would become useless, but I assumed by Week 5, not Week 2. The one saving grace for Ookami might be favourites, but I think Shigestu and Nanatsu will do just as good, probably better in that category. I'll lose some simulcast points in Week 5, but I think I'll just swap Ookami out and hope that Nanatsu can continue to gain watchers/favourites and be the Haikyuu of this season.
Oct 12, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
Well two mistakes this time :

-Aced Amagi and Grisaia got higher ranked in my team, and by not much. Always end up screwing my aces by not much, just like I did in Spring season (Aced Mahouka and NGNL got it, aced NGNL and mahouka got it...).

-Swapped Sora no Method with Tinity Seven. Should obviously have gone with Kiseijuu but kind of forgot it was there on my bench. I'll do worse than Spring this time, huhue.
TynkerOct 12, 2014 10:19 PM
Oct 12, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2013
I should have been high on some kind of experimental drug when I made my team. I guess I'll just suck it, start to make the swaps and pray for a better spot next week.
Oct 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Dec 2011
Nefarious said:

It's funny how some people are so bad at this that they can't even get last place when they're aiming for it.

Right now, top place looks easier for someone aiming for it to take than last place does.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 13, 2014 12:55 AM

Mar 2012
oh man. jhoanais got unique team bonus. Does he gain that every week?
And i saw people swapping out Terra Formars this week when they should have thought about it next week when the score is not high enough to best the one ones they have sitting on the bench.
huntxOct 13, 2014 1:12 AM
Oct 13, 2014 1:10 AM

Dec 2011
huntx said:
And i saw people swapping out terra formars this week when they should next week if the score would hit the overall points.

Any one person can only get it once.

As to whether or not someone should have swapped it out this week or last (I assume that's what you mean), that depends - swapping it out in week 2 rather than week 3 means you can get your next swap in week 5 rather than week 6. If the amount lost from this week is less than the expected gain from week 5, it would have been worth swapping out sooner.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
huntx said:
And i saw people swapping out terra formars this week when they should next week if the score would hit the overall points.

Any one person can only get it once.

As to whether or not someone should have swapped it out this week or last (I assume that's what you mean), that depends - swapping it out in week 2 rather than week 3 means you can get your next swap in week 5 rather than week 6. If the amount lost from this week is less than the expected gain from week 5, it would have been worth swapping out sooner.

I did not know that. Now i see i am the one who made the wrong decision. I swapped Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso out for Kiseijuu thinking that i could get it back in my active team next week.
Oct 13, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2012
Rank 161 (+63)! I hope I can continue to rise up in the ranks. Now that I have used my swap, I'll have to wait till week 5. D:

Still feeling like an idiot for not using the ace on World Trigger last week.
Oct 13, 2014 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Argh.... this is so upsetting. I thought I'd done a decent job of selecting my team (I think my 5 picks are at least top 15 individually), but messed up badly with my bench... Now I literally have nothing else to swap out with since the bench is actually doing worse than my starting 5...

Oh well, I have faith in my 5 selections, though with no ABP, Grisaia or Kiseijuu , I'll probably fall far behind everyone else....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 13, 2014 10:00 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
uggg
went down..
as much as I love wixoss.. time to bench you and grab Shiagatsu.
Missed my ace.. feelin salty.
Oct 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2010
CyanElekid said:
Now we just gotta hope for Terra formars and Grisaia to do worse (which seems likely)

What would make you say that? Nothing is indicating Grisaias downfall at this moment, vierwship is still climbing and forum posts are strong again for Episode 2.

kuuderes_shadow said:

I was forced to switch it out because I had Parasyte on my bench, a lot of others had this problem too I guess, so considering Terra Formars will take a big nosedive next week, its not very smart to switch Parasyste in for something else, even if you lose out on some Points this Week.

L-Ryoshi said:
Oh well, I have faith in my 5 selections, though with no ABP, Grisaia or Kiseijuu , I'll probably fall far behind everyone else....

Yup thats a given, depending on how everything turns out a placement in the 150-200 Range would be good (at least without those 3)
ProtopredOct 13, 2014 10:26 AM
Oct 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
went from 60 to like 232. oh man.
Oct 13, 2014 2:52 PM
Mar 2013
Thanks Higashi_No_Kaze Ill try to do that! :D
Oct 13, 2014 5:30 PM
Mar 2013
Whoops almost forgot to thank rodac too!(Totally overlooked your post) Thanks for the elaborate explanation :)
I don't have ABP but I do have Grisaia and Kiseijuu, still the middle of the pack? Or should I hope for something higher? :P
Oct 14, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Went up 133 spots to place 55 this is the best i ever performed in FAL so i am pretty happy.
And my bench swap payed out well now i have to keep this spot which will probably be hard.
It's the first time i have a serious change of getting in the top 50
Oct 14, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2014
Went from rank 360 to 128. I improved a lot more than I thought I would...
Oct 14, 2014 5:32 PM
Nov 2013
Went from 328 to 133. Not bad I guess. Looks like switching Donten ni Warau out was a good call.

Btw, how do I use my ace??
Oct 14, 2014 8:16 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
r0ykun said:

Btw, how do I use my ace??

Send a PM to FALbot that mentions both 'ace' and the anime on your active team that you want to declare as your ace. You may send the PM at any time during the week up until the 19:00 UTC Sunday deadline.
Oct 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
Heck, that thud! D:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (June 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - 3 hours ago

3 by GinInYourJuice »»
2 minutes ago

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - June 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Jun 2

1 by Nate »»
Jun 16, 3:05 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (June 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

10 by KarenShirotori »»
Jun 14, 10:56 PM

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.