Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 18, 2014 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Working_Designs said:
revengerofdeath said:
FF6's bosses are pretty strong! I died at YMIR XD Fucking snail!

I've only played FF6 on SNES, where the boss you're referring to is called "Whelk," but beating him should be the same:

You're not supposed to attack him when he hides in his shell. Wait for him to come out.
Yeah, thanks! I've beaten him at the second chance!...Well, it was true that ff saga became easier with the passage of time...
Aug 18, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Working_Designs said:

I've only played FF6 on SNES, where the boss you're referring to is called "Whelk," but beating him should be the same:

You're not supposed to attack him when he hides in his shell. Wait for him to come out.

Isn't that guy like at the very beginning? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude....
This badass
Aug 18, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
[quote=Baman]
revengerofdeath said:
FF6's bosses are pretty strong! I died at YMIR XD Fucking snail!
Im playing with the snes version
Aug 18, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2013
revengerofdeath said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Isn't that guy like at the very beginning? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude....
This badass

I was right then. That IS the tutorial boss! Oh man, how embarrassing.
Aug 18, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
RazielZero said:
revengerofdeath said:
LOL Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy...Yeah, some characters were just boring (like Kimahri and Lulu xD) but the story was very good....even if not a masterpiece. Is FF6 really better than the 7? Im considering to idea of downloading it XD Do I need a snes emulator or is there also the psx version?

I admit that the story is not bad, but the characters still killed it for me :D Tidus is just...Tidus...
Yes, for me FFVI was better, but it's really just opinions. I see you are already playing, but yes, you can play it on SNES, PS and GBA.
How couldnt it be EPIC?

Aug 18, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
Udgey said:
xRatatosk said:

No...I-III have regular turn based combat, and so does X. It's not ATB. FFX is really generic in terms of combat.
You're actually very wrong. FFX probably had the most 3rd most unique battle system in the series with FF13 (Being the 2nd most unique because only a tard would think of something like that) and FF12 being the most unique. I definitely would say the most refined battle system would be FF6 though.
I like the gambit system of ff12! You have to do nothing just watchiing XD
Aug 18, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
That IS the tutorial boss! Oh man, how embarrassing.
He has 50000 HP!50000 HP!!!!!!!!!!C'mon....legit to die
Aug 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
revengerofdeath said:
RazielZero said:

I admit that the story is not bad, but the characters still killed it for me :D Tidus is just...Tidus...
Yes, for me FFVI was better, but it's really just opinions. I see you are already playing, but yes, you can play it on SNES, PS and GBA.
How couldnt it be EPIC?

Are you talking about the quality of the FMVs or Tidus crying because I wouldn't really classify the latter with the term "epic".
Aug 18, 2014 2:16 PM

Mar 2013
You're in wrong, my lady :D

YMIR
Livello: 6
PV: 1600
PM: 1000
Attacchi speciali: Viscidume, Mega Volt
Oggetti: Granpozione

Guscio di Ymir (Ymir's shell)
Livello: 4
PV: 50000
PM: 120
Assorbe: Tuono
Oggetti: Etere
It's italian, but i guess you can understand XD
Aug 18, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
Chillingflames said:

Are you talking about the quality of the FMVs or Tidus crying because I wouldn't really classify the latter with the term "epic".
Tidus crying > All
Aug 18, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
EPIC

Aug 18, 2014 2:20 PM
Mar 2011
mbdsquad said:
Story - FF7
Movie - FF7
Sidestory - FF7
Remake - FF7
Best Male Character - Cloud Strife (FF7)
Best Female Character - Yuna (FF10)
Best Antagonist - Sephiroth (FF7)
Best Male Support - Zack (FF7)
Romance - FF8
Battle System - FF13 and above
Fastest Gameover - forgot if it's FF1 or FF2
Graphics - FF15
Longest Boss Fight - FF12
Sexiest Females - FF7, FF10

And most of awards goes to...

you have awfull taste
the longest battle in fact was the warden in FF11 before them idots at SE nerfed them and yizmat was not hard in any way cuase of the fact FF 13 battle system turned a kida hard battle to a cake walk with High HP [ getting week run heal save] Pencace in FFX and Neo Shinryu in the FF V remake were harder than yizmat and if yout plaey the Internatinal version of 12 like me the 7 Juadges are harder and thery only sub bosses than there the Long Gui [ if the dot play it cheap in 13 and use death and in XIII2 its immune to death

Kefka succeeded unlike the mamas boy

and FF 6 had a batter story than most FF games ever only betten by the story of FFT

and Sabin is the most powerfull person in the franchise the Brainbustered[ Suplxed eng] a train end of ory

and FFV has the best enhancement system ie a proper Job system that is almost imposbale to brake

unlikr the Grid in X i can get a full party of 255 all stats ver 1500 mp and around 15000 HP Characters in under 30 hours grind Friend Shpares and Clear Spheres
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 18, 2014 2:22 PM
Mar 2011
then agian if the dislike grindeing one the hatdest baooses in RPG si the Dragon lord from DQ1
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 18, 2014 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
FGAU1912 said:
then agian if the dislike grindeing one the hatdest baooses in RPG si the Dragon lord from DQ1
Oh no, I hate Dragon Quest. Just do not talk about it
Aug 18, 2014 2:27 PM
Mar 2011
revengerofdeath said:
FGAU1912 said:
Oh no, I hate Dragon Quest. Just do not talk about it

im a huge DQ fan

Aug 18, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
Is it useful swapping the hand which handles the sword with the hand that handles the protection? I've never seen this peculiarity in any other final fantasy, except for 6. Are some characters right handed and others left handed? O_o
Aug 18, 2014 2:46 PM
Mar 2011
then gain that being said the hadest boss of this gen that iv faced is extended plane version of Deeth from Agarest Senki

Aug 18, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
FGAU1912 said:

and FF 6 had a batter story than most FF games ever only betten by the story of FFT
Oh yeah I definitely forgot. I've never been disappointed with the story line of any FF tactics game so far.
Aug 18, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2009
FF8 for me
Aug 18, 2014 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/24/15-of-the-baddest-bosses-in-final-fantasy

LOL Final fantasy viii is not even mentioned...are the ff8's optional bosses so weak?

If you miss FF7 then I suggest to you to install this hardcore fan mod version...Just to bring back old chilly memories

If you find ffvii to easy, so you should try this fan-mod

Baddest BOSSES where is ff8???

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelAug 22, 2014 4:58 PM
Aug 18, 2014 9:31 PM
Oct 2013
FGAU1912 said:
mbdsquad said:
Story - FF7
Movie - FF7
Sidestory - FF7
Remake - FF7
Best Male Character - Cloud Strife (FF7)
Best Female Character - Yuna (FF10)
Best Antagonist - Sephiroth (FF7)
Best Male Support - Zack (FF7)
Romance - FF8
Battle System - FF13 and above
Fastest Gameover - forgot if it's FF1 or FF2
Graphics - FF15
Longest Boss Fight - FF12
Sexiest Females - FF7, FF10

And most of awards goes to...

you have awfull taste
the longest battle in fact was the warden in FF11 before them idots at SE nerfed them and yizmat was not hard in any way cuase of the fact FF 13 battle system turned a kida hard battle to a cake walk with High HP [ getting week run heal save] Pencace in FFX and Neo Shinryu in the FF V remake were harder than yizmat and if yout plaey the Internatinal version of 12 like me the 7 Juadges are harder and thery only sub bosses than there the Long Gui [ if the dot play it cheap in 13 and use death and in XIII2 its immune to death

and Sabin is the most powerfull person in the franchise the Brainbustered[ Suplxed eng] a train end of ory

and FFV has the best enhancement system ie a proper Job system that is almost imposbale to brake

unlikr the Grid in X i can get a full party of 255 all stats ver 1500 mp and around 15000 HP Characters in under 30 hours grind Friend Shpares and Clear Spheres

Dude it's my personal list...it's not a list of foolproof facts. No need to say it's awful. You can share yours too if you want but I won't say anything bad on it.

Yiazmat is in FF12, not FF13. It took me 8 non-stop hours to beat him. FF12 Total playing time: 300+ hours. Longest FF I've ever played and still not 100% completed.

And I've never played FF11 since it's online and needs official licensing. With that said, you can infer what console I'm using.

FF6 has a typical JRPG storyline at the time like FF1/2/3/4/5/Tactics so I've chosen FF7 (FF9 then FF8/FF10) since it has a unique and enthralling characters and plot.

It's also one of the first game that actually uses 3D graphics though it's still all polygons at that time.
Aug 19, 2014 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
VI and IV are my favorites. I never beat VI I'm stuck again, but at least I'm off the floating island and at the world of chaos part.

I played most of the main Final Fantasy games, but the only ones I beaten so far were VII,VIII,IX, X, and X-2. XII was so shitty I couldn't play it anymore plus the game play made me dizzy.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 19, 2014 2:24 AM

May 2013
I've played all main games except III and the MMO, and never finished XII.

My top 3 are in order: IX, VI and X.
Aug 19, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 2011
mbdsquad said:
FGAU1912 said:

you have awfull taste

Dude it's my personal list...it's not a list of foolproof facts. No need to say it's awful. You can share yours too if you want but I won't say anything bad on it.

Yiazmat is in FF12, not FF13. It took me 8 non-stop hours to beat him. FF12 Total playing time: 300+ hours. Longest FF I've ever played and still not 100% completed.

And I've never played FF11 since it's online and needs official licensing. With that said, you can infer what console I'm using.

FF6 has a typical JRPG storyline at the time like FF1/2/3/4/5/Tactics so I've chosen FF7 (FF9 then FF8/FF10) since it has a unique and enthralling characters and story.

It's also one of the first game that actually uses 3D graphics though it's still all polygons at that time.

By the way, you have a horrible writing. Must be mobile.

long does not = hard in that was a typo ment XII the battle systems stopped it form being hard cuase you run heal save ang go bakc and he keeps the same HP thus maknng the boss easy

FFXI was on consoles too i hte the fatc they nerfed the warden and virtue as well

yizmat would ahve been hader if thye locked you in the plce he was in but they did not thus making hom not that hard fir he cannot one hit like a lot of super bosses can dark yojimbo from x fir example ozma from ix for another example [ while it never happened to in the five times iv been him i seen Ozma kill whole patris bfore thay do anything to him in Yt vids] [ i onl wact lp's on games iv beeten]

while i have been one hit by Dark yojimbo and amima before and pennece for that matter but then i leredn how to use rikku right and now my patry of lulu yuna and rikku can beat any thing in the game

Aug 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
Who are the "humans" that who can get in the party in ff9???
Zidane is a sayan and the princess is a witch ...
A part from the big guy with the armor I cannot see the last two
Aug 19, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 2007
Steiner, Cinna, Blank, Marcus, Salamander, and Beatrix.
Aug 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Psajdak said:
Cinna,Blank,Marcus are just extras...I guess...You can just use them in the tutorial battle.

Is this dude human????
Aug 19, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2007
revengerofdeath said:
Psajdak said:
Cinna,Blank,Marcus are just extras...I guess...You can just use them in the tutorial battle.

Is this dude human????

The FFIX Ultimania book lists Amaranth as human, so he is human. But does it even matter? Are you specist or something?
Aug 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Mar 2013
I've started to play to final fantasy ix 4 hours ago.I've just beaten all the Walzers XD
Too easy.
Final fantasy 6 is harder...or maybe I just didnt like the gameplay
Aug 19, 2014 9:25 PM
Oct 2013
revengerofdeath said:
I've started to play to final fantasy ix 4 hours ago.I've just beaten all the Walzers XD
Too easy.

The game on gamefaqs says "Just Right" for the difficulty. The same with FF6. Imo, FF6 is just as easy as FF9. I was breezing through enemy at FF6 too.
ExplodingGirlAug 19, 2014 9:30 PM
Aug 19, 2014 9:49 PM
Mar 2011
mbdsquad said:
revengerofdeath said:
Too easy.

The game on gamefaqs says "Just Right" for the difficulty. The same with FF6. Imo, FF6 is just as easy as FF9. I was breezing through enemy at FF6 too.

it not ffv hard fir sure but its harder than most if not all mondern ff games

Aug 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2013
I have installed the harcore mod on final fantasy 7....meh...i cannot beat scorpion tail XD
Aug 20, 2014 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
revengerofdeath said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/24/15-of-the-baddest-bosses-in-final-fantasy

LOL Final fantasy viii is not even mentioned...are the ff8's optional bosses so weak?

It's not that the FF8 bosses were weak, it's that your party could become incredibly overpowered. Omega Weapon was actually much more of a beast than anything in FF6, 7, or 9. But at the same time, FF8 had some of the most powerful items, spells, and setups in the entire series, which could turn any boss fight into a joke. FF8 Meltdown for example, is the single most broken spell in any FF game that I've played. Then you have the Holy War item or whatever it was called that made your entire party literally invincible. Plus the Aura spell (coupled with low HP) so you can spam each character's best limit breaks every turn.

It's been a very long time since I've played it, but I'm pretty sure once you get those things together with some decently high character stats, you can take down anything pretty easily.
Aug 20, 2014 5:40 PM
Jul 2009
FFVI followed by FFIX.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Aug 21, 2014 3:20 AM

Feb 2011
xenovibe said:
gedenkaffe said:
imo 4-8 are great, no real favorite just ff5 that is somewhat less fancy. All the later ones sucks!

You must have not played 9 yet. It was a needed breath of fresh air after the previous 2. 10 is where the franchise really started to go downhill.

You must not be proficient in english yet :(
9 was the start of the crappy final fantasy games, buu buu!
Munch munch, chomp chomp, gobble gobble, gulp.
Aug 21, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
gedenkaffe said:
xenovibe said:

You must have not played 9 yet. It was a needed breath of fresh air after the previous 2. 10 is where the franchise really started to go downhill.

It's just too much fantasy XD
Aug 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2009
gedenkaffe said:
xenovibe said:

gedenkaffe said:
All the later ones sucks!

I think you should speak for yourself bud.
Aug 21, 2014 12:19 PM
Sep 2007
Worst thing about FF are guys who think that FFVII is the beginning of the whole series.
Aug 21, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
have you ever re-played with a FF you have just finished?
Aug 21, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2014
gedenkaffe said:
xenovibe said:

You seem to forget FFII is the crappiest FF of them all.
Aug 21, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2013
Xenogears, also made by square, was better than any of the PS1 Final Fantasies. (it was originally going to be FF7, but it was considered to be to dark and mature)
Aug 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
AbhLeaderKrelian said:
Xenogears, also made by square, was better than any of the PS1 Final Fantasies. (it was originally going to be FF7, but it was considered to be to dark and mature)
Really? Where did you read that?
I've tried Xenogears and the only thing I have noticed is the huge gap between the ff7's graphic and the Xeno's one.
Not speaking about the gameplay....okay, the battle mode could be considered as nice...but all the movement system and the 2D graphic is just awful...Even ff6 was made better.
About the mature of the Xeno's story...well...I guess it is not that much distant from a normal ff (exept from the IX....that was "chibi").
I knew that Xeno was dropped at the second cd because of ff8 XD Square prefers to finance another ff instead of a new game.
Aug 23, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2013
Just finished the first cd of ff9!!! Bosses are incredibly easy to beat
Aug 23, 2014 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
revengerofdeath said:
Try going for Ozma then.
Aug 23, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2013
Chillingflames said:
revengerofdeath said:
Try going for Ozma then.
He's an optional boss!!!That doesnt conut
Aug 23, 2014 11:15 PM

Jun 2012
It's really weird... I loved playing FF IX back then and still love it today. It's the only FF I completed. Hell, I completed FF IX 5 times already! But, I can't get into the other Final Fantasy's for some reason... I played FF 7 very far, but lost interest after a while and then accidently deleted the save file... Can't get into it anymore, same with FF 4, 5 and 6... I played FF 8 for a time, but didn't really like it. I used to play FF X on my PS2 but also lost interest after a while, I bought the Vita version of the FF X HD Remaster though, maybe I still beat FF X sometime in the future. Never even tried to play through 12 and 13...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 6:45 AM
Oct 2013
revengerofdeath said:
Chillingflames said:
Try going for Ozma then.

How do you know Ozma is an optional boss without even reaching Disc 4? Google? Using walkthrough/faqs and say it's incredibly easy doesn't count too.
Aug 24, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
revengerofdeath said:
Chillingflames said:
Try going for Ozma then.
What are you talking about? You wanted a challenge right? Then go for Ozma.
Aug 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2013

I'll will destroy anything you love
Aug 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
What's the hardest Final Fantasy game?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Favourite licensed game? Based on a book, anime, card, movie/tv, board, comic, poem, etc. first before a video game

Suntanned_Duck2 - Dec 26, 2021

16 by Kajiuran »»
1 hour ago

» Did anyone here own a Wii U?

Yuno - Yesterday

11 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

31 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3719 by Midna »»
12 hours ago

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Sep 21

11 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.