Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2014 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
I finished watching Hellsing Ultimate yesterday and now every action (with lots of blood involved) seems so...tame :/ Don't get me wrong, this episode was great but now I just see things in a different light?

Kurome must have done something really nasty to make Akame want to kill her :o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 28, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2014
White Fox did a damn good job with this episode. I really enjoyed the fight it was awesome. Introduction of Teigu was also nicely handled.
Jul 28, 2014 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
Boombawks said:
fst said:

What choreography? I didn't see any choreography to speak of.
I suppose it was the moments @ 17:06 -
Well an attempt at it... Just by reading previous posts here, a lot of people saying it was amazing but it really wasn't.

Actually, come to think of it, did that scene have more dialogue than actual fighting? I'm curious, might go through and tally it up tomorrow.
Jul 28, 2014 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
FloatsBoats said:

He's forming his opinion of this episode and the ones that came before it and it's pretty annoying when Manga/LN fans always say "it gets way better just wait". Why couldn't it start that way instead giving us these lame back stories and predictable plot line.

Anyway, I really hope it does get better because it has A LOT of potential i'm just not liking the Black and White morality and villain of the week so far. Hopefully Tatsumi becomes better because right now he's just plain stupid and unrelatable.
Are you for real lol? Since I have to literally spell it out for you -_-

Complaint #1 - Black and White/All the villains are "pure" evil
To an extent, yes it may seem as if this is the case but as we saw in this episode (as well as some hints from previous episodes) some (and as you will soon see, most) of the antagonist aren't all fully evil...It's been greatly expressed that the peopleat the heart of the capital (The official, the prime minister and the kid, you know, the guys calling the shots, yeah?) are the pure evil ones....The fact that we've seen guards and officials who don't agree with how the country is being ran proves this wrong...Also as we saw in the new episode, even a major serial killer suck as Zark is the man he is today because of the corruption forced upon him by his seniors. And in regards to Night Raid, we've all seen how serious these guys can get and how they can easily not give any fucks about who they kill...No matter what way you chose to look at it...Murder is still Murder and it is NOT okay even if it's for a just cause

Complaint #2 - One Dimensional characters
I admit, up until now, most of the "notable" villains have been one dimensional but as we saw in this episode Zark wasn't and he is just the beginning...I regards to Night Raid, it just baffles me how people bitch when characters don't get character development or in this case are 1-Dimensional, and then when it literally slaps the ignorant watchers in the face (That is to prove that THEY ARE NOT ONE DIMENSIONAL) they call it "lame" or "boring" *facepalm* These characters aren't one dimensional at all and its not rocket science to see it...Plus it's not like a show like SAO where there's only 1-2 main/notable fucking character so they can easily knock off introductions and backstories/developments like that in 1-2 eps..

Complaint #3 - Trying to be what it's not
Was addressed in my previous post

So your point is what now?

What? How can you say that this show isn't LITTERED with Black/White morality. The villains that they have had to kill so far have been dumped with every single crime possible to make it seem like it's ok to kill them.
Corruption forced upon by his seniors? He was an executioner and it never told us whether or not the people he was killing were legitimately innocent or not. He got greedy from his own power and became corrupt on his own.

>Couldn't give two fucks about who they kill
And why is that? It's never explained why the feel no remorse for killing except Tatsumi. Who saw his friends that we had never even seen before get killed infront of his eyes. And they expect us to feel sorry for him? Who the fuck are these friends? Why should I care about them. Anyway I don't have to argue his opinions for him.

>So what is your point now?
That you don't need to force your opinions on other people but spouting nonsense like saying stuff like "it gets way better, trust me". When as a matter of fact it probably won't for him. He dislikes the black/white where as you say its not already and you will see soon.
Jul 28, 2014 1:27 AM

Oct 2013
nice episode
bro kinda creeps me out a little O_O
I wonder if this is the type of show to have a character die in it ??
[/quote]
Jul 28, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2014
This was a good episode, I think it was probably the best I've seen of the series so far. There really wasn't any noticeable censoring that I saw, Tokyo Ghoul should really take its queues from this anime.
lahzorJul 28, 2014 2:27 AM
Jul 28, 2014 1:59 AM

May 2014
FloatsBoats said:
>So what is your point now?
That you don't need to force your opinions on other people but spouting nonsense like saying stuff like "it gets way better, trust me". When as a matter of fact it probably won't for him. He dislikes the black/white where as you say its not already and you will see soon.
I might as well spoil you as to why fanbois always bring up the defence that "it's not black & white".

Jul 28, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
Nice to hear a longer version of the song used for previews and which kicked in when Kurome showed up. Getting major MGS4 vibes from it. Looking forward to checking it out once the OST is released.

Aside from that, solid episode. Seeing Kurome here made me really excited for
Jul 28, 2014 2:12 AM

May 2014
Pretty good episode, they're following the manga to a T, which I still think is unnecessary. Also, they seem to be playing the safe route.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 28, 2014 2:13 AM

May 2014
bloodiemonster said:
nice episode

"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 28, 2014 2:47 AM
Jan 2014
bloodiemonster said:
nice episode

That's the pure definition of it.
Jul 28, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2014
What's this Tatsumi's bankai-esque super speed attack that hit Zank when he apparently had the "future revealing eye" .. I need explanations, I thought Tatsumi was a weak shrimp.

Good episode, looking forward to the next.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 28, 2014 3:03 AM
May 2014
junpants said:
What's this Tatsumi's bankai-esque super speed attack that hit Zank when he apparently had the "future revealing eye" .. I need explanations, I thought Tatsumi was a weak shrimp.

Tatsumi isn't weak, he lacks the experience of battle and a Teigu/Imperial Arm.

LPGeneratorx said:
Pretty good episode, they're following the manga to a T, which I still think is unnecessary. Also, they seem to be playing the safe route.

Why is it bad? Look at how they're butchering Tokyo Ghoul. I thunk it's much much MUCH better this way than to receive a disaster like Tokyo Ghoul. On a sidenote the OST in this series is fantastic! It really fits well the show. It made the fights so much more intense this episode. Looking forward to more tracks being reveiled.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 28, 2014 3:03 AM
Jun 2011
lahzor said:
This was a good episode, I think it was probably the best I've seen of the series so far. There really wasn't any noticeable censoring that I saw, Tokyo Ghoul should really take its queues from this anime.

Why on earth is everyone comparing this to TG? They are two different anime. Only thing in common in blood. both are good in my eyes and only get better.
Jul 28, 2014 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
Ironwez20 said:
lahzor said:

Why on earth is everyone comparing this to TG? They are two different anime. Only thing in common in blood. both are good in my eyes and only get better.

Because Tokyo Ghoul's adaptation direction is horrendous while AGK is following the source almost to the letter
Jul 28, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2014
Ironwez20 said:
lahzor said:

They are the edgy & bloody shows of the season.

Though I agree it's kind of like comparing Aldnoah and Argevollen, just because they are the mechas of the season.
Jul 28, 2014 3:07 AM
Jun 2011
kikohunter said:
junpants said:

Tatsumi isn't weak, he lacks the experience of battle and a Teigu/Imperial Arm.

LPGeneratorx said:

Why is it bad? Look at how they're butchering Tokyo Ghoul. I thunk it's much much MUCH better this way than to receive a disaster like Tokyo Ghoul. On a sidenote the OST in this series is fantastic! It really fits well the show. It made the fights so much more intense this episode. Looking forward to more tracks being reveiled.

Tokyo ghoul isnt over yet though so you cant say it got butchered. Why do people think the anime will fail after 4 episodes? Whn its on episode 7 then we can panic. Sheesh. its like people want tg to fail over akame lmao
Jul 28, 2014 3:08 AM
May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Ironwez20 said:

Because Tokyo Ghoul's adaptation direction is horrendous while AGK is following the source almost to the letter

This Tokyo Ghoul had a kot of potential but we can already see where it's going whereas with AgK we can already tell White Fox will be doing a faithfull adaption which is great.
Jul 28, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
kikohunter said:
Darklight0303 said:

This Tokyo Ghoul had a kot of potential but we can already see where it's going whereas with AgK we can already tell White Fox will be doing a faithfull adaption which is great.

Yup. Whitefox is rapidly becoming one of the most faithful adaptation studio with each series they make.

May 2014
Why's everyone talking about upcoming deaths.. Please stop I fear for night raid :(
Although I'm not even sure if you guys mean one of them or other characters.

Kinda scared still.. and spoiled even though idk who'll die

Oh and now we're having episodes dedicated to each member huh? When's my Bulat episode? Come on I need more of that guy! I love his character xD

May 2014
@Ironwez50

1-Studio Pierrot is in charge of Tokyo Ghoul. A studio well known for never doing justice to the source material they're adapting.
2- I'm getting the vibes that you haven't read the manga. Well here's a suggestion: If you want a better story in almost evrry aspect, then go read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul and then gey depressed on how bad the anime is.
Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Ironwez20 said:

SO? I mean yea its not following the adaption properly but remember its trying to put alot of chapters in 12 episodes so I guess they had to take some liberties.
Jul 28, 2014 3:12 AM

May 2013
I really like Akame and her baddassnes, and the OST is great too.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 28, 2014 3:13 AM
Jun 2011
kikohunter said:
@Ironwez50

1-Studio Pierrot is in charge of Tokyo Ghoul. A studio well known for never doing justice to the source material they're adapting.
2- I'm getting the vibes that you haven't read the manga. Well here's a suggestion: If you want a better story in almost evrry aspect, then go read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul and then gey depressed on how bad the anime is.

I read the manga.... its switching arcs and its not really a big deal to me. Yea they left out stuff but its not like they are skipping arcs. But im not gonna derail this thread just seems like people who like akame are praying for tokyo ghoul to fail lol. Anyway this episode was better than tgs episode so im not complaining
Jul 28, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2008
Ironwez20 said:
Darklight0303 said:

SO? I mean yea its not following the adaption properly but remember its trying to put alot of chapters in 12 episodes so I guess they had to take some liberties.

Not if character consistency suffers as a consequence. Kaneki especially was hit with the dumb bat last episode when in the manga he had purposely accepted the invitation in order to INVESTIGATE the guy. Your defense is worthless

Ironwez20 said:
kikohunter said:
@Ironwez50

I read the manga.... its switching arcs and its not really a big deal to me. Yea they left out stuff but its not like they are skipping arcs. But im not gonna derail this thread just seems like people who like akame are praying for tokyo ghoul to fail lol. Anyway this episode was better than tgs episode so im not complaining

We don't have to pray. If things don't change soon it will even without our prayers.
Jul 28, 2014 3:17 AM
Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Ironwez20 said:

Not if character consistency suffers as a consequence. Kaneki especially was hit with the dumb bat last episode when in the manga he had purposely accepted the invitation in order to INVESTIGATE the guy. Your defense is worthless

Ironwez20 said:

We don't have to pray. If things don't change soon it will even without our prayers.

Lol yea i freaking no that... like i said I read the manga. I'd rather wait it out and see how things go and whatever you say bud
Jul 28, 2014 3:20 AM
May 2014
@Darklight50
Please don't be too harsh, keep the bad attitude for trolls!

@Ironwez50
Oh I'm sorry then and yes they're swirching the arcs and I don't really get why.. but whatever. I don't like how they make the MC look like a totally different person in the anime, also they're already cutting a lot of important character development and explanation. Like the scene with cup of tea not being explained is a plot hole that isn't supposed to be.
Jul 28, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
That bro scene at the beginning. Woot.
Zank is pretty awesome. Oh yeah, he can't survive against MC no matter what cliche.
Jul 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit,Akame is so badass i'm really starting to like this show.

Jul 28, 2014 5:04 AM

May 2013
Tatsumi's fight was good. Akame's fight was even better. And that eye. I actually want one, but it has its disadvantages. Zank is one of the perfect antagonist imo. Liked his character.

Next episode seems interesting.
Jul 28, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
much better episode

the "lol bulat is gay" is getting annoying though
Jul 28, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2011
Being a manga reader, I am extremely happy with this episode! Gosh, White Fox is adapting Akame ga Kill really well so far. I'm just amazed, I hope they keep it up. The episode was just fantastic. It was great to have the explanations about the various teigus.

The fight scenes in this episode were fucking awesome! My goodness, it was just so good. I forgot how badasss Akame was but she really showed she's one badass mofo in this episode. My goodness! Her serious, deadly eyes~ Her seeing Kurome and not even hesitating just shows Akame is not someone you should mess with. The OST was also incredible; it just made the fight even more intense. Loved it, by far the best episode so far.
5/5
Jul 28, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
This is an incredibly faithful series? I wonder why people like the manga. I thought the manga was better than the anime, but seeing all these comments about how it's a direct adaptation lessens my faith on the series.
Jul 28, 2014 5:53 AM
Jun 2011
kikohunter said:
@Darklight50
Please don't be too harsh, keep the bad attitude for trolls!

@Ironwez50
Oh I'm sorry then and yes they're swirching the arcs and I don't really get why.. but whatever. I don't like how they make the MC look like a totally different person in the anime, also they're already cutting a lot of important character development and explanation. Like the scene with cup of tea not being explained is a plot hole that isn't supposed to be.

Yes exactly that. i just hope they are pulling an FMA and making an adaption that is different in its own terms but right now the 4th episode was lacking bad. Even if the show ends up sucking the manga kicks all kinds of ass. Anyway loved this episode and yes Im loving how faithful the adaption is the source in akame. Cant wait for certain characters to show up and make things more... interesting lol
Jul 28, 2014 6:07 AM
May 2014
Seccand said:
This is an incredibly faithful series? I wonder why people like the manga. I thought the manga was better than the anime, but seeing all these comments about how it's a direct adaptation lessens my faith on the series.

I don't get you. Being faithfull is supposed to be bad..? How can the manga be better than the anime if they're both the same?
Jul 28, 2014 6:14 AM
Jun 2013
best episode so far, but that's not really saying much.

i'm starting to like Akame a bit more, at least.
Jul 28, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
After rewatching this episode I still can't get over the fact that it just so happens that all the Night Raid members just so happens to have those super rare mega OP weapons from ancient time. They they at least tell us how each got their own Imperial Arms?
Jul 28, 2014 6:20 AM

Apr 2008
-Riptide- said:
After rewatching this episode I still can't get over the fact that it just so happens that all the Night Raid members just so happens to have those super rare mega OP weapons from ancient time. They they at least tell us how each got their own Imperial Arms?

Given that half of them were lost in the civil war it's not that surprising plus they are tied to the Revolutionary army and it's to be expected they'd have imperial arms if they are actually a threat to the Empire.
Jul 28, 2014 6:35 AM
Mar 2013
It was nice to see Tatsumi and Akame paired up again. I found it a bit cliché how Zank revealed all of his secrets to Tatsumi during the fight. Can bad guys just stop talking and kill for once? Not that I’m rooting for Zank, glad he didn't stick around for to long.
Jul 28, 2014 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
emeraldrosary said:
It was nice to see Tatsumi and Akame paired up again. I found it a bit cliché how Zank revealed all of his secrets to Tatsumi during the fight. Can bad guys just stop talking and kill for once? Not that I’m rooting for Zank, glad he didn't stick around for to long.

Oh don't you worry about that
Jul 28, 2014 6:41 AM

Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
-Riptide- said:

Given that half of them were lost in the civil war it's not that surprising plus they are tied to the Revolutionary army and it's to be expected they'd have imperial arms if they are actually a threat to the Empire.

But do they at least reveal in the manga how they got those Imperial Arms?
Jul 28, 2014 6:44 AM
Mar 2010
man there is always flood of comments here I wonder how they [spoiler] they gonna put the guy who likes to collect faces in this anime that was pretty cruel.
Jul 28, 2014 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
HELLSATAN said:
man there is always flood of comments here I wonder how they [spoiler] they gonna put the guy who likes to collect faces in this anime that was pretty cruel.

Jul 28, 2014 6:53 AM
Mar 2010
-Riptide- said:
Darklight0303 said:

But do they at least reveal in the manga how they got those Imperial Arms?

some of them use to work for tempire like najenda a former general and akame a former assasin of the empire ok who wants to bet on what episode Akame's
will apear and also i feal kinda creep out thinking if they will put in the anime the [spoiler] the three impersinators who used the name nigh raid to kill the ministers anemy they got a guy who likes to collect faces.
Jul 28, 2014 6:58 AM
Jun 2014
Why didn't Akame take Zank's Imperial Arm? Am I missing something?
Jul 28, 2014 6:59 AM
Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
HELLSATAN said:

realy don't remember maybe i should re read the manga from the start its been so long.
Jul 28, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
Good battle and I'm glad Akame got the killing blow tot he enemy :D
Jul 28, 2014 7:05 AM

Jan 2014
meh I don't bother about the fan service...I'm into the anime...haters always find ways to talk about how thrash about something..and always rants about it...this was a good episode...
well everybody is a critic...peace people
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 28, 2014 7:15 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far even though Mein only has less screen time. Akame was pretty badass in here.

Next episode we will get to know Shere and
Jul 28, 2014 7:29 AM
Jan 2014
HELLSATAN said:
Darklight0303 said:

realy don't remember maybe i should re read the manga from the start its been so long.

It was a trap...
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.