Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 8, 2008 5:23 AM

Aug 2007
THANK YOU DATTEBAYO T__T

Sep 8, 2008 8:49 AM

Mar 2007
I was totally expecting Kusaka to say "Kusaka ja nai, Katsura da!"
Sep 8, 2008 11:38 AM
Sep 2008
I almost didn't get it thinking it was a troll from dattebayo like the last one..... i really liked the fight scenes.
Sep 8, 2008 11:52 AM

Oct 2007
the plot its completly stupid, the fights meaningless and the rest unwatchable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2008 12:29 PM

Dec 2007
LMAO!! Kenpachi's part of the movie was totally fan-service!
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Sep 8, 2008 4:04 PM

May 2007
First let me say that I did enjoy watching the movie. I thought that it was much better than the first one. However, although the plot was promising in the beginning I think it got a bit muddled at the end. There wasn't much of an explanation about why/how there were two Hyōrinmarus, I was hoping for some great revelation when Mayuri's was hacking into the old archives!

mulderman said:

The story was pretty much generic Bleach. This member of Soul Society has betrayed us! KILL HIM! Oh wha? he wasn't evil, and Ichigo is trying to save him? Sure lets give him a hand and pretend this never happened.

LOL! Indeed.. I mean can't Yama-ji for once in his loooong life think "hang on, something clearly isn't right here" and do a proper investigation before giving drastic kill-on-sight orders?
Sep 8, 2008 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
Loved it. Since Hitsugaya is my favorite character, a movie revolving around him was perfect for me. :P Plus, I thought they gave themselves enough time to include a good battle at the end considering the first movie's battle was like 2 seconds long. XD Much better than the first.
Sep 8, 2008 10:37 PM

Jun 2007
Lambo said:
LMAO!! Kenpachi's part of the movie was totally fan-service!

!X3 totally needed more kenpachi~
anyway; I NEVER would have expected this from bleach o.O
-thinks this is as good as it will get from bleach&naruto-
deserves a 7-8 score, gave it an 8 (:
Sep 9, 2008 4:24 AM
Feb 2008
I really liked the first part of the movie. The animation was astonishing and I liked the whole atmosphere <3 (I liked it better than Memories of Nobody)
However I was a little disappointed by the big fight, even though it had it’s good parts :D What really disturbed me was that the drawings seemed to be less nicely done in the second part >_>” Some noses and eyes were wrong and I can’t remember this happening in the first part of the movie @_@ For me this was a disappointment, because at first I really really enjoyed the great drawings…
Sep 9, 2008 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
zed said:
mulderman said:

The story was pretty much generic Bleach. This member of Soul Society has betrayed us! KILL HIM! Oh wha? he wasn't evil, and Ichigo is trying to save him? Sure lets give him a hand and pretend this never happened.

LOL! Indeed.. I mean can't Yama-ji for once in his loooong life think "hang on, something clearly isn't right here" and do a proper investigation before giving drastic kill-on-sight orders?

yeah >.< i mean he seems quite pretty hasty on all things. even captain unohana said he is!
Xjellocross said:
It was missing something crucial for a story centered around Hitsugaya...Hinamori >:|

qft.
Sep 9, 2008 7:20 AM

Apr 2007
Even as a Hitsu fan, this movie was decent to good. The pacing for the first half was a bit too slow for my liking. The captain's power levels were inconsistent. And of course, why the hell is there 2 Hyourinmaru in the first place? Wished they touched more on that.
And lack of Hinamori, despite being mentioned a measly 2 times, was disappointing as well.

On a final note, Soul Society sucks! I'd hate to go there after I die. XD
Sep 9, 2008 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
BakaOnna said:
On a final note, Soul Society sucks! I'd hate to go there after I die. XD

I don't mind going there if I get to live in the Royal family ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2008 10:41 AM

Dec 2007
w00t that psycho-pwnzor Kenpachi did it again! Need more kenpachi-services!! xD
Sep 9, 2008 11:22 AM

Apr 2007
And one last thing. I know they have the same voice actor, but EVERY time Ikkaku opens his mouth, I can only think of Viral. XD
Sep 9, 2008 4:42 PM
Dec 2007
BakaOnna said:
And one last thing. I know they have the same voice actor, but EVERY time Ikkaku opens his mouth, I can only think of Viral. XD
Well, Ikkaku came first, so that's a plus for the guy. I think it's the fact both Ikkaku and Viral have the same cocky attitude so the seiyuu ends up giving the same kind of feel to both of them.

Sep 9, 2008 6:40 PM

May 2007
Gah, the whole movie was just Toushirou in emo mode. Seriously pathetic. And what the hell was Yourichi showing up out of nowhere? Made no sense. Dialogue was also weak, reminiscent of the manga. The fights were rather uninspiring. The animation - at time - was probably the best part of the fighting.

Best part of the movie was Kenpachi coming out of nowhere, slicing up the dragon.
Sep 9, 2008 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
Ha yeah that was the funniest moment >.<
Sep 9, 2008 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was a pretty cool movie overall, and I enjoyed the action, especially from the shinigami captains. We don't get to see them gop all out often, so it was more than welcome. This movie also reminded me of why Kenpachi is my favorite Bleach character next to Ichigo! They need to make a movie focused on him next...or even give him his own spinoff series!
Sep 9, 2008 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
It was a good movie but it fall short from my expectations.
Sep 10, 2008 1:12 AM

Oct 2007
really cool and good movie!but thers somthing i hate in bleach, every time thers somthing wrong with soul socity with ther stupid rules or other things like in the last movie or with the bountoes or in this movie, they always do the wrong things!
anyway really loved that movie, and i think that Ghost are right Sajin should have more screen time he looks pretty powerful and from all the captains, he had almost none time screen.
Sep 10, 2008 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
Nice movie! I felt that it was better than the first movie and there were more fighting scenes and could watch the characters in action.
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Sep 10, 2008 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
Not bad. After watching this I'm kinda glad that Aizen killed the members of Central 46. =X

Anyway, Kenpachi as always brought the lulz, the animation was really good to the point where Ichigo looked really gorgeous at certain parts, and I'm glad we got to see the other Captains/Vice captains in this movie. I just wish they would have elaborated more on the two Hyourinmaru.

Sobzob said:
I was totally expecting Kusaka to say "Kusaka ja nai, Katsura da!"

LMAO If that would have happened, I would have given this movie a 10.
Sep 11, 2008 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
dam this was some nice peace off art. Finally i saw Kenpachi fight again. its been a long time. really hope we see more of him in the future. hope those fillers are gone soon. and really hoping the serie gets as good as the movie 2

Sep 11, 2008 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
Sephor said:
Great movie, way better then memories of nobody IMO.

OMG, yes. Awesome movie. <333 Much much better than MoN; I hope that the third one gets even better.

But we needed more Hollow Ichigo. D:<

Zaraki pwns, though.

Sep 12, 2008 2:46 AM

Jul 2007
Mediaman said:
dam this was some nice peace off art. Finally i saw Kenpachi fight again. its been a long time. really hope we see more of him in the future. hope those fillers are gone soon. and really hoping the serie gets as good as the movie 2

You'll see plenty of him later in the series now that the filler arc is just about over.
Sep 12, 2008 9:01 AM

Sep 2008
I can't believe people are giving 10's to this movie. Besides the fact that they're overly stupid people who got hypnotized by some bleach jibberish and think Bleach is god, I can't understand.

I gave it a 7, nothing more, nothing less.

The movie had 2 different styles of drawing, which annoyed me, they took over some style from 2 previous One Piece movies (and probably a lot more things, just know 2 movies with that style), and then they use a great style, just a bit too bold at the outside's.

The story itself is, well, typical shounen, so it brings nothing news or fascinating, the only difference is that this story takes place in the universe of Bleach...

Something exciting happens, some inner-drama plays, flashbacks, old enemy returns, transforms, transforms again, gets defeated waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easily..

THAT kind of thing deserves nothing more then a 7, if I look at the movie objectively, it would've get an 8. Since the animation reaches high peaks at some scene's in the anime. They could've made better use of some characters in the movie too tho'..

Just typical shounen movie, but hey, it beats the hell out of the first movie, it met my expectations (which were: be better then the 1st.. so yeah)...
Sep 12, 2008 10:47 AM

Sep 2007
That was great, better than the previous Bleach movie and by far the best filler.
Sep 12, 2008 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
I loved the movie in comparison to the first Bleach one, I dunno I just felt it actually had a better storyline; and I loved the backstory implied behind Toshiro's past.

I have to say though, the animation bugged me in places. At times I thought it looked pretty good, at other times it just looked pretty... well it was okay but not bleach like. None the less, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The beginning I agree was very slow paced for my liking, but I feel the ending was pretty good.

Mouri said:
Not bad. After watching this I'm kinda glad that Aizen killed the members of Central 46. =X

Lmao, I can't actually believe I'm saying this but I agree with you on that so much lul. If it wasn't a movie or filler; I wouldn't actually be at all surprised if they tried to play on Aizen being the real hero figure so to speak. Haha, it would be interesting xD (hey I think it would be an unexpected twist over all).

Haha, Kenpahchi = awesome. Nuff said; totally made the movie :3
And it was nice to see Ishilda about too, I've kinda missed him :']

Overall a good movie, can't wait to see what number 3's going to be like.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Sep 12, 2008 7:29 PM

May 2008
Awesome liked the fightin scenes^.^
Sep 13, 2008 7:06 PM

May 2007
Lol that was a nice movie, BETTER than the first one at least!

A lot of HitsuIchi scenes though. Made me laugh alot. :D

Sep 13, 2008 7:25 PM

Mar 2008
pretty good, but the animation quality made me pissed that the normal episodes arnt animated that well. reminded me why bleach is good, and also pointed out that all of the characters combined are complete hax
Sep 14, 2008 6:13 PM

Jun 2008
Meh lame.
if king seal is so powerful then why they didnt guarded it well
Sep 15, 2008 12:10 AM

Aug 2007
I enjpyed watching it ^__^
It was more exciting than the fillers Bleach is currently airing, it just felt more I dunno how to explain it XD

Better than the last Bleach movie X3
Sep 15, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
The story between Histugaya and Kusaka was quite touching, and also the flashback for Ichigo was just beautiful!
Kenpachi was just...being kenpachi...hehe. Loved him in this movie, hilarious.
I also like how this movie pays more attention to the side characters, they finally get some respect and air time that they deserve :D
I was slightly hoping to see Soifon's bankai or something...but too bad >_<
Bleed for me.

Sep 15, 2008 5:18 PM
Apr 2008
Horrible, Just an excuse to show the characters use their Zampaktou, which were horribly represented aswell
Sep 16, 2008 4:10 AM

Apr 2007
Eh, I found it to be a little underwhelming. The story was pretty uninteresting (no clear reason why there are two of the same Zanpakuto? ... is it was it is I guess) and the villain(s) were quite lackluster as well. Just feels like the entire project was a little half-hearted in execution, even the animation wasn't what I'd expect to see from a movie, save for small bits here and there during the finale.

But then again I really don't find Hitsugaya an appealing character at all, so a movie centered entirely around him is bound to bring up the bias in me ... so whatever. A appointment nonetheless; but still, an hour and a half decently spent is fine by me.
Sep 16, 2008 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
Well it was ok. Not like I hate it but it was same always.Effects were good~
Sep 18, 2008 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
kaminakun said:
mvpmerome said:
Awful.

couldn't agree more (at least for the story)

the rest were acceptable (except the ending song which was also awful)

Bluey said:
Horrible, Just an excuse to show the characters use their Zampaktou, which were horribly represented aswell

It looks there were more action than in the first. But it is exaggerated because in the first it was more fight between someone, individuals, and in the 2nd it was more like just throwing raw power in all directions.

Story is worse than in the 1st movie.
Almost no questioning about stupid rules of soul society. (Maybe they wanted to show how it is in Japanese society, though).
Absolutely no character development.
Fails to show that they were true friends, just claims.

Best Bleach Movie ever? Don't make me laugh. Is there so many movies (though both of them are way better than Naruto's, but yeah, the whole Bleach is better than Naruto).

Disappointed. Trailer more promising than trailer for the 1st movie. Something between 6 and 7. Currently tend to think of 6. If it stays in couple of month in my memory (meaning that the impression was enough, and it mostly will, just want to check it) I'll would say it is 7.

P.S. There are some questions still unanswered, maybe because of the wrong translations. E.g. how was Kusaka resurrected in the first place before obtaining the King's Seal while in the 2nd part of the movie it was said that he was resurrected with its help.
GDL-URAHARASep 18, 2008 1:28 PM
Sep 18, 2008 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
It was ok...I thought there was a lot of holes in the storyline.
I really loved the humor and the way the characters' personalities showed through. Some of Ichigo's facial expressions were great!!! I loved Renji's idea of bringing someone out of unconsciousness!!! I also loved any scene with Kenpachi in it!!! It made me laugh and say, "Yeah, that's definitely Kenpachi!!!" I really like how Hitsuguya was the main character, and I like seeing Rukia's Zanpakuto again. The teamwork was amazing!!!

The random tree was well, random...also the King's Seal did not make sense. I was confused as to how in the beginning Ichigo was not permitted to know anything, then all of a sudden, everyone just relied on him even Rukia's brother. What was up with Kusaka? I want more info. Was he a vizard? Was his helpers arrancar? At one time, a character said Bankai when attacking not when the Zanpakuto was transforming. Ichigo never really said Bankai. The movie was interesting, though.
TwistedRoseSep 18, 2008 3:37 PM
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Sep 20, 2008 10:35 PM

May 2007
Terrible plot imo, nothing made sense. Both obtained Hyroinmaru but they had to pick one wielder? What the hell? Thats like saying I have two houses but I'll burn one down for the heck of it. And why would Hitsugaya go through with it if he was a real friend? Maybe the two of them should have stuck together and tried to fight their way out of it? (even if its unlikely they could escape).

Putting the lousy plot aside, none of the battles were memorable and the whole movie was just a sad attempt to give Hitsugaya fans something to dream about. There were a boatload of battles so I never really got bored, it was just that none of the battles had a 'wow' factor to them. But I'm a Bleach fan and just seeing all the great characters duking it out with proper animation for once was satisfying. The fact that this movie was easy on the eyes (+ introduced a nice new soundtrack to the series) is its only saving point. Kenpachi needed more screen time. And Yachiru was where?

This movie was decent though despite all I've said, I just felt like it could have been much better.
XyikSep 20, 2008 10:39 PM
Sep 21, 2008 1:21 AM
Apr 2008
That was just kickass. I really liked Memories of Nobody and the series (when it's not in filler) And this was awesome despite the fact that I'm not really a Hitsugaya fan. The fights were amazing. Just classic Bleach.

Sep 23, 2008 7:45 AM

Sep 2007
Kenpachi made this a 7.
Sep 23, 2008 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
JTSlayer said:
Kenpachi charging out of nowhere to nearly steal the movie, LMAO.

I agree. His entrance was amazing, him leading the charge. I loved the Soi Fong moments too, she's pretty cool!
Sep 24, 2008 3:07 AM

Feb 2008
Movies are really both for fan-service and filler stories that are approved by the manga-writer/Bleach creator KT.

It's pure fan-service, that's why people who are not so popular got less screen-time. Ahahaha!

But, this is a great movie for a shounen series. Better than the first atleast! ^^

Cons are that there are many still screentimes and it bothered me. Argh!

I also wonder where is HINAMORI!? This is Hitsugaya's story, and there's no Hinamori in it. Awts!

Anyways, it's a beautiful movie that let's you think that there's a good relation between HitsuIchi.

They look like brothers. Hahaha!
Sep 25, 2008 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
Well I thought the movie would be much better. The first part of the movie is great., and I really love it, but later it somehow isn't the same. And the art also gets worse. From the trailers the movie looked much better. I just hope that the next movie is going to be much better.
Sep 25, 2008 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
Omg i lve it . This movie is great oh Toishiro :D i love him :D:D
Sep 25, 2008 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed the movie and had some great action scenes but to me it felt there wasn't much depth behind the story :/ but overall gave it 8/10

looking forward to the third film XD
Oct 11, 2008 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
it was really great though it always annoys me that the Shinigami are so willing to accept stupid rules that they don't care for just because of some sense of "duty". why can't they grow some kind of a backbone? bah but thats ok, the unquestioning loyalty is what causes the cool fight scenes in the show. :)

i would like to know why those two girls were helping him get his revenge, what did they get out of it exactly? but i guess flunkies don't need a reason.

anyway, i'd watch it again even if there are weak points in the plot
Oct 28, 2008 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Hey, that actually wasn't that bad. A large improvement over the first movie, that's for sure. The animation looked cleaner, the characters were mostly better utilized (instead of being teeny cameos, these were full-fledged appearances), the bad guy was somewhat more menacing, and the plot was nowhere near as convoluted. Yeah, the story was cliché, but the final fight is a knockout. Not bad at all.

4/5 or 7/10.
Nov 5, 2008 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
While I found the whole Hitsugaya-centered plot quite trite and uninspired, there were some aspects to the movie I really enjoyed.

First of all, it was nice to see some of the Captains actually have to work together during a battle. The vast majority of Bleach fights are either one-man-army style or 1v1.

More importantly though, we learn significantly more about Zanpakutuo. Here I was figuring they were essentially just mirrors of the user's soul, but personified. Instead, it seems more like they are a class of soul of their own that bond with chosen Shinigami, and merely get 'customized' a little by the wielder's personality.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Bleach the Movie 2: The Diamond Dust Rebellion U.S. DVD Release Date

KidRyan - Jun 21, 2009

7 by KidRyan »»
Sep 1, 2009 2:31 PM

» Bleach falling into dismay - Yachiru missing!

Guess - Sep 9, 2008

21 by Hypeathon »»
Aug 31, 2009 11:56 PM

» All the fakes

atlantiza - Apr 1, 2008

29 by Reveriesian »»
Aug 29, 2008 11:24 AM

» Diamond Dust Preview episode 152

MattyD - Dec 13, 2007

18 by vizard_love »»
Jul 18, 2008 11:03 AM

» When did this come out...?

dex_forget - Aug 9, 2007

10 by Kyoko-1 »»
Dec 2, 2007 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.